Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: .:VRsixGLI 12v R32 Turbo Build Thread

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-22-2010 01:43 PM #51
      Any pictures of the tank mounted under the car? Trying to determine the best location I'm thinking about having one made to fit where the green vacuum reservoir is located. Either that or I'm going to mount the tank in the spare tire well. I'm really looking for some pictures of where others have them mounted.

If i remove the green vacuum reservoir do I need to run any resistors to not get a cel?

What fittings are needed to run new fuel lines off the factory fuel pump to the surge tank and what size line should that be?

I need to either have a tank made or purchase a tank so I need to know what size fittings need to be on it.

I would like to run dual feed lines to the fuel rail where would the fpr?

Once the fueling is out of the way I'll move on to the next set of issues?

Anyone have a fueling diagram?

Vehicles
      all motor vr6, 85 mustang
      10-23-2010 07:28 PM #52
      as mentioned before, for your standalone, I recommend Lugtronic. Kevin Black really knows his stuff and offers excellent support.
      Lugtronic.com, Force Fed Engineering, Boost Factory, Caste Systems Performance
      all motor vr6
      "Hell I am proud to be a member of the All-motor/Jersey A-hole/whatever CLIQUE." - vw1320

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-23-2010 10:33 PM #53
      Tuning is still up in the air.

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-24-2010 07:18 PM #54
      Working on some wiring tonight should have a bunch of pictures tonight as well.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit - 02/04 .:R32 Jetta wagon - 04 .:R32 - E30 325i & Alfa GTV6 Chumpcar Racecars
      10-25-2010 02:42 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by VRsixGLI View Post
      Working on some wiring tonight should have a bunch of pictures tonight as well.
      want to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... .

Vehicles
      2000 GTI 1.8t, 72 Standard Beetle, 95 Eagle Talon TSI Auto, 2002 Chevy Tahoe
      10-25-2010 04:57 PM #56
      the DM twin disc is a tilton. Chris green runs a carbon/carbon tilton in his audi but like said before it doesnt matter. on the other hand ed from force fed is running a clutchmasters twin and pushing 980 wheel thru an 02M trans, the same trans a R32 runs. tiltons are great and so are clutchmasters. pretty much all of the twin discs made now are very good and will handle what you can throw at them, and no its not overkill on the clutch its actually a very smart thing he is doing. only thing i recommend is a flow controll valve.
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

Vehicles
      10-25-2010 05:02 PM #57
      oh and i would def. use kevin for your ECU/wiring needs. shoot him an e-mail and pick his brain. he is always more then happy to talk to you about your build.
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit - 02/04 .:R32 Jetta wagon - 04 .:R32 - E30 325i & Alfa GTV6 Chumpcar Racecars
      10-25-2010 05:48 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by XXX008XXX View Post
      the DM twin disc is a tilton. Chris green runs a carbon/carbon tilton in his audi but like said before it doesnt matter. on the other hand ed from force fed is running a clutchmasters twin and pushing 980 wheel thru an 02M trans, the same trans a R32 runs. tiltons are great and so are clutchmasters. pretty much all of the twin discs made now are very good and will handle what you can throw at them, and no its not overkill on the clutch its actually a very smart thing he is doing. only thing i recommend is a flow controll valve.
      I gree with the clutch not being an overkill, this trannis get loaded differently when the transfer-case is there for the AWD putting much more stress in them by flexing them and twisting them in two different directions compared to just one is just a lot to take.

I think that the other kits have had issues with the slave cylinder itself too, I dont know if DM sells it with just a different top hat or machined to their spec or different internally but it works.

Vehicles
      10-25-2010 06:23 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by huichox4 View Post
      I gree with the clutch not being an overkill, this trannis get loaded differently when the transfer-case is there for the AWD putting much more stress in them by flexing them and twisting them in two different directions compared to just one is just a lot to take.

I think that the other kits have had issues with the slave cylinder itself too, I dont know if DM sells it with just a different top hat or machined to their spec or different internally but it works.
      it is loaded differently yes, but with the FWD stuff we still have the same problem and we pretty much have that taken care of with some bracing, but since this is going into a mk2 chassis, the mounting points are different then a regular R32 to begin with. to the person building the car, i would start looking into some added bracing to take the "flex" off the trans, because thats how most of these single plate clutch style pressure plates blow apart in the first place. it all depends on how the car is going to be driven and how much power is going to be made in the end. after that its trial and error and unfortunatly its not always the clutch companies fault and it ends up costing a lot of money. ask how we know
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-25-2010 06:24 PM #60
      only thing i recommend is a flow controll valve.
      What does this do?

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-25-2010 06:27 PM #61
      want to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... .
      In class now pictures when I get home.

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-25-2010 06:47 PM #62
      oh and i would def. use kevin for your ECU/wiring needs. shoot him an e-mail and pick his brain. he is always more then happy to talk to you about your build.
      What is his username?

Vehicles
      10-25-2010 07:02 PM #63
      What does this do?
      http://www.clutchmasters.com/custom/...000diagram.pdf
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-25-2010 07:06 PM #64
      So it adjusts how aggressively the clutch grabs?

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-26-2010 12:30 AM #65
      Update:

Removed the majority of the interior minus the door cards and clean everything.
      Previous owner ran the rear fog light wire like an idiot so i rerouted it properly.
      Also ran a 2 gauge wire to the trunk for the battery relocation.
      Ran another 16 gauge wire to the trunk to tie into the switched 12v to run the fuel pump and water pump for the AWIC. I'll use the wire as the signal wire for a relay setup since the battery is in the trunk and is much easier then running heavier gauge wire all the way up front.
      I figured that should be all the wiring I would need to run to the trunk so I reinstalled the interior after it had finished drying.
      The I started putting the 12 valve harness into the car engine bay and getting the waterfall setup again. Then it got late so I quit. Should finish up some more wiring this weekend and then I just need to wait on the clutch and trans to be rebuilt. Then the real building begins.

Pictures...

Apparently the last owner had crabs? Found this guy dead under the carpet.

Interior Removed

Fog light wire

Fog light wire, Switched wire, and Battery cable

Another shot of the wires

Interior Pressure Washed and drying. Looks brand new

Sound deadening

Center console cleaned and ready to go back in

Interior all back in. Nice and clean. Car no longer smells like ****.

Laying the harness back in. Not going crazy with hiding wires for now. I just want the car to run. Next winter I will do a full wire tuck but for now it just has to look ok.

With the relay box on top of the battery. I plan on removing that since I will have the battery in the trunk so as far as wiring it back in I think I am going to hook all the wires right to the starter since they are right there and run the main battery cable right to the starter and another wire from the alternator right to the starter. Then all I would have to do is run three inline 30amp fuses to the plug that goes into the relay panel and I'm done.

Since I really am not interested in mounting my surge tank under the car and having my water box take up the whole trunk I am considering having a fabricator build this dual tank setup to fit in the spare tire well. Ideas?

Last edited by VRsixGLI; 10-26-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VRT / 2003 Jeep Liberty
      10-26-2010 08:58 AM #66
      nice

17. Member
      Vehicles
      95 VrT, 04 R32
      10-26-2010 09:49 AM #67
      I haven't been under an R32 to say how similar a surge install would be, but I will say it is nice to have the pump noise outside the car. Plus the fuel lines are already outside the car. I guess if you are keeping your rear seats the noise won't be that bad. There is certainly no performance argument for one or the other; just preference.

I was gonna take a pic of my setup for you but figured it wouldn't apply since I am mk3 and you are R32.

Vehicles
      10-26-2010 10:56 AM #68
      have you considered the surge tank from integrated engineering?? that will fit snug underneath the car for the fuel pump noise it will be one of the best options I think.

Vehicles
      10-26-2010 11:22 AM #69
      you do not want those pumps inside the car, you are going to kill yourself. the flow control valve does exactly that, and it works very well.
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

Vehicles
      all motor vr6, 85 mustang
      10-26-2010 11:44 AM #70
      What is his username?

lugnuts - username

www.lugtronic.com
      Lugtronic.com, Force Fed Engineering, Boost Factory, Caste Systems Performance
      all motor vr6
      "Hell I am proud to be a member of the All-motor/Jersey A-hole/whatever CLIQUE." - vw1320

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-26-2010 06:26 PM #71
      have you considered the surge tank from integrated engineering?? that will fit snug underneath the car for the fuel pump noise it will be one of the best options I think.
      you do not want those pumps inside the car, you are going to kill yourself. the flow control valve does exactly that, and it works very well.
      If i wound up running the pumps in the spare tire well I would definitely run a serious amount of sound deadening and seal the well off pretty good. That should severely cut down on noise. I have looked at integrated's pump and all I see is everyone saying how great they are but I could not find a single picture of one installed on anything let alone a mk4. I like their setups they look good but I would rather run an aeromotive pump rather than the bosch pumps. I looked around under the car several times and I could not come up with a place that looked suitable for the tank. The best place I figured to put it is where the green vacuum reservoir is located above the exhaust. Even if I put it there it would have to be custom because I do not think integrateds would fit there. The other thing I really do not like about mounting the tank under the car is if it gets ripped out from something on the road.

With this flow control valve I'm assuming there is no way to adjust the pressure without removing the trans? Is there anyone running one of these on a mk4?

Vehicles
      A Project
      10-29-2010 12:55 AM #72
      Worked on relocating the monsoon amp so I can install the battery in its location. That is done I just need to extend the harness this weekend. Pics will follow this weekend. Also working on cleaning up the fuse box on top of the battery. Forgot the power cables were actually strap fuses so I either need to install inline fuses or relocated the fuse box somewhere else. Picked up a 1/2" tubing bender from grainger today and a set heat shrink kit with all different sizes to finish up some wiring. Next I'm going to set up the two relays that will go in the trunk for the water pump and fuel pump. Should also be ordering the clutch next week too. I'm most likely going to go through with that trunk setup so im probably going to get that done in a week or two as well so I'm going to be ordering some sound deadening. I really like www.secondskinaudio.com for material. Pictures this weekend.

23. 10-29-2010 02:59 PM #73
      I also would advise that you do not have your fuel pump in your spare tire well. The chance of fuel spitting out inside the car is not a good thing.
      There has to be room in front of the rear end under the passenger seat
      Your water tank/pump inside your car is ok tho.

Vehicles
      A Project
      11-01-2010 07:22 PM #74
      Tank is most likely going in the tire well have not decided if the pump will be in there or not yet. Finished moving the amp. Ordered most of the items i need to delete the factory relay box that sits on top of the battery. Still slowly getting the wiring situated. Relocating the power wires to the new fuse block i purchased. I do not know where a couple of these connectors go though.

Driver side by the headlight

These two connectors come out of the waterfall.

Red wire with black casing

Here is a picture of where I relocated the amp to.

What is needed to fit Injector Dynamics ID1000's into the Schimmel Performance Manifold.

Anyone running the New South Performance power gasket?

25. Junior Member
      11-01-2010 08:23 PM #75
      The aeromotive pumps are not good compared to the bosch. The bosch pump is a factory porsche part- engineered for reliability. It pushes into high fuel pressure, whereas the aeromotive pumps do not work well into high pressure. The aeromotive stuff or equivalent was all the rage 5-7 years ago, until everybody realized they are meant for low boost domestics- they sound like a blender and get their biggest pumps get their butt kicked by a pair of bosch.

I would absolutely not mount the surge tank in the car. No matter what fuel system you use, it will have a fuel odor if it is in the cabin. It will be loud, and lastly, it most certainly will not be NHRA legal unless you build a fire wall over the assembly.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast