VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Paging Melbourne 2011 F1 Attendees - Clark Stand ticket posse !

3K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  YellowDieselGolf 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Chuckles (aka Del Griffith) and I have decided that after seeing the great view the Clark stand had (near where we sat on the hill in GA for the race) we reckon we should buy stand tix instead. The Clark stand 4 day pass is $299, so only $100 more than GA tix so we are choosing to be elitists rather than sit on the hill with the great un-washed :laugh:

So, if you want in, drop $299 my way and I will buy your tix with ours. Will probably buy before the end of the month so gives you punks a few weeks to think about it.

#4 ·
PS - Ticketek online only allows for purchase of 10tix but if the number goes above that I will go in to Ticketek personally so I can buy them that way (and potentially choose the seats rather than get the randomly allocated seats)

#12 ·
Flights booked !

Wes, Chuckles and I have just booked our flights - if you want in on the same deal, here are the details - cost is $128 return without carry on luggage or $148 with carry on luggage - they are Jetstar flights but these ones arrive at and depart from Tullamarine, not Avalon.

25 Mar 11

Flight JQ 507
(Airbus A320)

Dep: Sydney (SYD)
9:30 AM

Arr: Melbourne - Tullamarine (MEL)
11:00 AM

28 Mar 11

Flight JQ 524
(Airbus A320)

Dep: Melbourne - Tullamarine (MEL)
18:00 PM

Arr: Sydney (SYD)
19:25 PM

#13 ·
Wes, chuckles and I ended up with the 4 stand pass for the weekend to mix it up a bit (or in our case it is a 3 stand pass because we don't get in until Friday)

Thurs: Brabham
Friday: Fangio
Saturday: Jones
Sunday: Clarke

#27 ·
I'm certainly there for sat quali and sat night GTG. Just realised the new iPad ships on the Friday, so unless they deliver early, I may miss Friday night's rib eye festival.. Unless I fly and Wayne picks me up from the airport from the chauffeur car rank in the 7.. :p At least it'll blend in.. :thumbup:

#38 ·
Jim, I'm driving down Friday, but not sure on time.. Expecting iPad delivery in the morning, but hoping to stop it before it gets on a truck, so I can get it from the depot first thing. If I can manage that, then I can meet you at Yass Maccas on the way down.

I'm doing the premium GA with Wes... Will :wave: to the plebes on the outside.. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.