Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      10-20-2010 03:08 PM #36
      Hahahahah
      Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

Vehicles
      2007 VW Golf
      10-20-2010 03:09 PM #37
      While at work I saw a few Redbox's with copies of NV. I was tempted but 2$ a night is kinda steep for a rental. I remember Blockbuster $5 for 5 nights or something like that. And with NV you can't rent it for 1 day you have to keep it at least a few
      ごめんね。。。ね
      "I've been pitying fools for 28 years" - Mr. T

10-20-2010 03:17 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by NaKoRuRu View Post
      While at work I saw a few Redbox's with copies of NV. I was tempted but 2$ a night is kinda steep for a rental. I remember Blockbuster $5 for 5 nights or something like that. And with NV you can't rent it for 1 day you have to keep it at least a few
      Especially for a game where a week of average play time, will get you relatively nowhere.

Vehicles
      2007 VW Golf
      10-20-2010 03:34 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      Especially for a game where a week of average play time, will get you relatively nowhere.
      My point exactly...
      ごめんね。。。ね
      "I've been pitying fools for 28 years" - Mr. T

5. 10-20-2010 04:09 PM #40
      i can't find a second one to fix the robot where did you find it? and are you playing on 360 or ps3?

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-21-2010 08:34 AM #41
      I found a second one in the Hotel there, or whatever that is with the giant boardwalk/roller coaster thing.

Check in the Fire hose boxes.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

7. 10-22-2010 08:41 AM #42
      I don't have the heart to cheat but I guess there are a bunch of glitches out there. This one give you a million caps in a matter of 5 minutes if you do it enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkmOwYGeSI

What level is everyone at and what are you putting your skill points into? I'm at 8 right now and have been dumping my points into speech, it seems as if so many situations come down to convincing people to do what you want them to do early on.

I had to spend 500 caps to get parts for that rocket mission and I didn't get any of it back, could have negotiated a better deal if my speech were higher at the time.

Vehicles
      2006 GTI
      10-22-2010 01:16 PM #43
      I'm still just getting started, so putting my points into repair and perception, two of my favorites.
      xbox live: vroompsht
      2006 GTI 2.0t

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      10-22-2010 01:29 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      I don't have the heart to cheat but I guess there are a bunch of glitches out there. This one give you a million caps in a matter of 5 minutes if you do it enough.

What level is everyone at and what are you putting your skill points into? I'm at 8 right now and have been dumping my points into speech, it seems as if so many situations come down to convincing people to do what you want them to do early on.

I had to spend 500 caps to get parts for that rocket mission and I didn't get any of it back, could have negotiated a better deal if my speech were higher at the time.
      Was that for buying the souvenir rockets? If so, I think you can get a fuel source somewhere else without spending the money.

I'm in Novac and only at 6 or 7. I'm spreading them out as I need them. I ended up going cheap and starting with 10 luck.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-22-2010 01:31 PM #45
      i always do guns/lockpick/science, but i'm leaning towards speech now. i think i'm level 8 too.
      welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      10-22-2010 01:33 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      i always do guns/lockpick/science, but i'm leaning towards speech now. i think i'm level 8 too.
      I also always focus on guns/lockpick/science. I like to shoot first, talk later LOL
      Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

10-22-2010 01:35 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post

Yeah, there is always stuff like this in these games. I remember the bow and arrow dupe glitch in Oblivion, that would duplicate ridiculous amounts of items and cause your frame rate to bottom out.

They can never get rid of it either. Everyone will just unpatch, do the glitch, then patch.

On PC though it really doesnt matter. Because you can always just use save editors and **** to get whatever you want(if thats what you like to do).

13. 10-22-2010 11:20 PM #48
      I think I'm level ~15 or 16 or so.

You guys are right, this game does crash ALOT, and sometimes at the worst times. I wasn't sure if it was just my copy or not. It froze first thing I aimed at.

Now that the games have started, ED-E can be a companion, I just got the stuff to fix him. He's weak, but he can carry alot.

Boone, in Novac is also a companion, in the dyno past 9PM. Cass way down south is also a companion. Those are the only ones I've found so far. Ah, no. I found another sniper you can get, a butch lesbian in the NCR main base.

For starters I'd stick to the story line, until you make it to New Vegas from the East. If you head N. the Death Claws await, I still can't kill them. Giant scorpions are also buttholes in numbers.

Repair doesn't seem too useful, you can repair way past 100% damage w/out high repair. Meanwhile speech is used often, so I'm starting to dump in there.

REMEMBER HOW YOU'RE DRESSED! For example, meeting the BoS in NCR clothing... Not a good idea!

Hardcore isnt' bad. Just eating is enough for thirst and sleep (and obviously hunger). Water needs rise quickly, but a drink from a water fountain does wonders.
      Last edited by -Khaos-; 10-22-2010 at 11:22 PM.
      ░░░░░░ .. R13 5
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ .. ╚╬╬╝
      ░░░░░░ .... 24

14. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-23-2010 02:36 AM #49
      yeah i think i'm around 12 or 13 now. having a gnarly cold on a friday night helped me level up.

did a lot in vault 22 tonight and some BoS stuff. interesting so far. i have so many unfulfilled quests and i have yet to even make it to the strip, so that's promising. still kind of unsure of what faction i really want to side with or whatever, but with every mission it gets pretty obvious - at least for my character.

the only thing i don't like is not getting perks for every level-up - kind of sucks to do it every other one. and with that, i'm not too sure how i like these supposedly new and improved perks. anyway, it's minor compared to everything else considering i feel like i've just scratched the surface.

i'm still really enjoying and it actually hasn't crashed since the first few hours of play.

15. 10-23-2010 12:40 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by -Khaos- View Post

REMEMBER HOW YOU'RE DRESSED! For example, meeting the BoS in NCR clothing... Not a good idea!

Found that out the hard way last night hah

Vehicles
      2011 WRX, 2002 Gti, 1994 Audi 100S
      10-23-2010 12:49 PM #51
      If this game crashes on me one more time, i swear to god im going to scratch **** YOU in it and sent it to Obsidian.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      I'm just imagining what it was like to have an F-22, which is a positively gigantic fighter plane, just sort of sidle up next to you in midair. Just kind of like, 'sup, dudes, aloo snackbar.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-23-2010 01:14 PM #52
      have you updated your system?

apparently a patch came out and was automatically downloaded for me on steam. not sure how it works on consoles.

Vehicles
      2005 Accord LX, 1980 Yamaha XS850, 2002 Honda VTR1000
      10-23-2010 08:41 PM #53
      Would love to pick this up (huge fallout 3 fan), but I think I might wait and let the patches come out, maybe pickup a GOTY edition if I can stomach waiting that long.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      It ain't easy being an overweight, uneducated, Sunfire driving whoop whooping clown.

10-23-2010 09:45 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by Knock Sensor View Post
      Would love to pick this up (huge fallout 3 fan), but I think I might wait and let the patches come out, maybe pickup a GOTY edition if I can stomach waiting that long.
      I have a list of games I want to get. I am currently combing through February of 2009, so next up is Flower followed by Red Faction: Guerrilla. Not only can I get games really cheap, but a lot of GOTY edition come out with everything in one shot. Although when GOTY edition are release, they get bumped to the end of the list again. Wow, I need to get out more.

20. 10-24-2010 01:26 AM #55
      i finally got into Nelis Air-force base.....read people already met the BoS...where they at? i want to wear that power armor already!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-24-2010 02:38 AM #56
      BoS are in a place called Hidden Valley. basically, just walk due east from Goodsprings - it's not too far. once you get there, two sets of power armor can be found east of the main bunker in a crater. you'll need to go through the perimeter fence, and over a hill. there is a lot of radiation there, most i remember was 8 rads/sec.

you can't wear it though since you're not trained for it.

22. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      10-25-2010 02:59 PM #57
      started playing this the other day, and it just seems stale now. the new gameplay ideas are nice, and the fallout character progression is as fun as ever.

but the ridiculously janky NPC's and combat is just so far behind the times anymore. melee combat in these games is just awful

10-25-2010 03:12 PM #58
      While I like this game, and put about 5 hours on it this weekend. There are times where I was like, man, this is really just Fallout 3.5. Everything looks identical, and a large amount of things were just simply copied and pasted into New Vegas. It's Fallout 3 with a new story.

I feel like I'm just putting more hours into Fallout 3, and not even playing a new game at all.

In the end, I loved Fallout 3. So I'm happily playing this... and as usual, I'll get more than my moneys worth out of the game. But I'm not blind... This is Fallout 3 with a new map and story.

I agree though, the Bethesda games are extremely dated.

Vehicles
      2006 GTI
      10-25-2010 05:03 PM #59
      In the end, I loved Fallout 3. So I'm happily playing this... and as usual, I'll get more than my moneys worth out of the game. But I'm not blind... This is Fallout 3 with a new map and story.
      bingo. I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought this but at the same time it is kind of like a $60 dlc. I'm happy with it but I feel like they could have done more.

In the same exact time frame (fable 2 and fallout 3 came out within a week of each other) it seems like Fable 3 made a much bigger step.
      xbox live: vroompsht
      2006 GTI 2.0t

25. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-25-2010 05:08 PM #60
      i agree, this is more like a HUGE add-on to fallout 3 more than it is a completely new game.

26. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Electric thingy and a rust bucket
      10-25-2010 06:18 PM #61
      While I like this game, and put about 5 hours on it this weekend. There are times where I was like, man, this is really just Fallout 3.5. Everything looks identical, and a large amount of things were just simply copied and pasted into New Vegas. It's Fallout 3 with a new story.

I feel like I'm just putting more hours into Fallout 3, and not even playing a new game at all.

I agree though, the Bethesda games are extremely dated.
      I loved Fallout 3, played the DLC, and that game seemed old then. New Vegas is fun, I'm addicted (put 20 some odd hours in since the game came out last week), but it seems older than ever. I feel like the guys who still play FFVII or Ultima Online.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

27. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-25-2010 06:25 PM #62
      unrelated, but the A321 Plasma Rifle is my weapon of choice in Fallout 3, and i just saw this:

/geek

28. 10-25-2010 07:54 PM #63
      BoS are in a place called Hidden Valley. basically, just walk due east from Goodsprings - it's not too far. once you get there, two sets of power armor can be found east of the main bunker in a crater. you'll need to go through the perimeter fence, and over a hill. there is a lot of radiation there, most i remember was 8 rads/sec.

you can't wear it though since you're not trained for it.
      thanks!i found 1 power armor tho...maybe one of the centurs fell ontop of the other one..owell...i just cleared out Vault 3 of the fiends...pretty easy with the hunting magnum ...i had to take a couple of trips to get all the weapons out there...on my way to black mountain to kill some mutants

29. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Electric thingy and a rust bucket
      10-25-2010 08:13 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by oil1 View Post
      thanks!i found 1 power armor tho...maybe one of the centurs fell ontop of the other one..owell...i just cleared out Vault 3 of the fiends...pretty easy with the hunting magnum ...i had to take a couple of trips to get all the weapons out there...on my way to black mountain to kill some mutants
      Don't kill them! They're nice! Just don't tease them for taking the bunny slopes.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

30. 10-26-2010 02:31 PM #65
      got my first companion...."raul" haha

31. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      10-26-2010 03:25 PM #66
      i finished the main quest last night after about 10 hours of killing EVERYONE in my path

32. 10-26-2010 06:52 PM #67
      well I said previously I only had ~50 repair and was going to keep it that way, but at 90 you get the perk that allows you to fix things with other loosely related items, I had to do it. This way my rare weapons can get fixed, and I can use them without feeling bad.

Boone + Q35 plasma is a deadly combo BTW.

On that topic, make sure to check the perks that are not highlighted, and make sure you know the requirements if they seem interesting!

Next I think is speech, I can't do the Khan convince everyone to leave Caesar without it.
      ░░░░░░ .. R13 5
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ .. ╚╬╬╝
      ░░░░░░ .... 24

10-26-2010 08:40 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by -Khaos- View Post

Now that the games have started, ED-E can be a companion, I just got the stuff to fix him. He's weak, but he can carry alot.
      There is a bug with ED-E on the 360 where he will disappear in the wasteland. This guy I know is playing on hardcore mode, and gave all his supplies/water/food to ED-E to carry. ED-E disappears, his game is fked because he's made the number one fallout mistake of all time, didn't make multiple saves.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-26-2010 08:46 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by nevermas View Post
      made the number one fallout mistake of all time, didn't make multiple saves.
      i think i saved some 680+ times during the coarse of fallout 3.

10-26-2010 11:08 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      i think i saved some 680+ times during the coarse of fallout 3.
      haha, I think he means have multiple save files, so if he screws up, or gets stuck, he can go back to an earlier save. Not that he only saved one time.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast