Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread

1. 10-19-2010 09:17 PM #26
      I am surprised how much slower it runs on my PC than FO3 considering it's the same engine and they pretty much look the exact same. It stays really smooth until I encounter people. I guess I will be doing that upgrade sooner than I had planned.

Vehicles
      2011 Yamaha Luvias, 2007 VW Golf (Sold)
      10-19-2010 11:45 PM #27
      Hmmm all these glitches you folks are mentioning are scaring me off this game. I really liked F03 so I hope to enjoy NV but I made the mistake of buying FO3 early when I should have waited for the GOTY edition with all the DLC goodies (which a lot of games are getting). Maybe by then the glitches will be fixed.
      "I've been pitying fools for 28 years" - Mr. T

3. 10-20-2010 12:23 AM #28
      After playing for a few hours it definitely is an improvement on FO3. Hardcore mode makes it much better IMO.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-20-2010 08:49 AM #29
      I played it for a few hours yesterday (360), and the only problems I've had so far was a little frame rate slowdown. I played through FO3 5-6 times, and this has the same feel. I have a few small gripes but that's it so far...

-I'm torn on the new use of Magazines. I like the large increase in skill (Has already come in handy), but I like the small permanent boost better.
      -Radio, I liked GNR better. Within an hour I felt like I'd already heard every song there was.
      -The cut scene at the beginning just looked awful.

Did anyone else take the Wild Wasteland trait?
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

5. 10-20-2010 08:58 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post

Did anyone else take the Wild Wasteland trait?
      I did, I was wondering if anyone else noticed anything. I noticed some smaller lizards that are not hostile and actually attack other animals that are hurting you. That's all I've seen for now unless I'm missing something.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      10-20-2010 09:03 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      I had one total freeze during the first part of the game (during the tutorial when you are shooting the bottles) it just totally froze and I had to reset my PS3 on the back. In combat even tho I am playing as a male when I get hit I still hear what really sounds to me like female reactions at times, odd. The loading screens tend to jump I'll re-load my save it'll show a screen for like .2 seconds hit another screen, then jump to another and hold it during loading. Little freezes while walking happen quite a bit, I've become used to them because it happened alot in DLC FO3 content, but when you had a major freeze happen and the game stops for 2 solid seconds you get that oh crap it froze feeling I don't like.
      I have had all of this happen, even the freezing on the tutorial part and having to go reload. That's the only time it's actually frozen though.

While the loading while walking around is annoying, I find the over all game fun so far. I played enough to make it to Nipton yesterday before having to take a break and actually do something that day.

7. 10-20-2010 12:04 PM #32
      anyone find the damn shovel? i want to go grave digging already lol

8. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-20-2010 12:08 PM #33
      you can buy/trade for one at the general store.
      welcome to the layer cake

9. 10-20-2010 12:25 PM #34
      thank your sir, haha forgot about that. I guess i was too excited of playing through

I also had it freeze on me during walks in the wasteland for a couple seconds...ive come used to it it as well....I only had it freeze on me and reboot after I fasted jumped to a location...it was
      "loading" for 5mins.... Anyone know what Faction they gonna choose to ally with? i was thing of Legion...but i might just run solo on this one
      Last edited by oil1; 10-20-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Vehicles
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      10-20-2010 02:57 PM #35
      Good news I guess... Bethesda announced that they are aware of bugs and are working feverishly on patching.

LOL!

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      10-20-2010 03:08 PM #36
      Hahahahah
      Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

Vehicles
      10-20-2010 03:09 PM #37
      While at work I saw a few Redbox's with copies of NV. I was tempted but 2$ a night is kinda steep for a rental. I remember Blockbuster $5 for 5 nights or something like that. And with NV you can't rent it for 1 day you have to keep it at least a few

Vehicles
      10-20-2010 03:17 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by NaKoRuRu View Post
      While at work I saw a few Redbox's with copies of NV. I was tempted but 2$ a night is kinda steep for a rental. I remember Blockbuster $5 for 5 nights or something like that. And with NV you can't rent it for 1 day you have to keep it at least a few
      Especially for a game where a week of average play time, will get you relatively nowhere.

Vehicles
      10-20-2010 03:34 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      Especially for a game where a week of average play time, will get you relatively nowhere.
      My point exactly...

15. 10-20-2010 04:09 PM #40
      i can't find a second one to fix the robot where did you find it? and are you playing on 360 or ps3?

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-21-2010 08:34 AM #41
      I found a second one in the Hotel there, or whatever that is with the giant boardwalk/roller coaster thing.

Check in the Fire hose boxes.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

17. 10-22-2010 08:41 AM #42
      I don't have the heart to cheat but I guess there are a bunch of glitches out there. This one give you a million caps in a matter of 5 minutes if you do it enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkmOwYGeSI

What level is everyone at and what are you putting your skill points into? I'm at 8 right now and have been dumping my points into speech, it seems as if so many situations come down to convincing people to do what you want them to do early on.

I had to spend 500 caps to get parts for that rocket mission and I didn't get any of it back, could have negotiated a better deal if my speech were higher at the time.

Vehicles
      2006 GTI
      10-22-2010 01:16 PM #43
      I'm still just getting started, so putting my points into repair and perception, two of my favorites.
      xbox live: vroompsht
      2006 GTI 2.0t

19. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      10-22-2010 01:29 PM #44
      I don't have the heart to cheat but I guess there are a bunch of glitches out there. This one give you a million caps in a matter of 5 minutes if you do it enough.

What level is everyone at and what are you putting your skill points into? I'm at 8 right now and have been dumping my points into speech, it seems as if so many situations come down to convincing people to do what you want them to do early on.

I had to spend 500 caps to get parts for that rocket mission and I didn't get any of it back, could have negotiated a better deal if my speech were higher at the time.
      Was that for buying the souvenir rockets? If so, I think you can get a fuel source somewhere else without spending the money.

I'm in Novac and only at 6 or 7. I'm spreading them out as I need them. I ended up going cheap and starting with 10 luck.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-22-2010 01:31 PM #45
      i always do guns/lockpick/science, but i'm leaning towards speech now. i think i'm level 8 too.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      10-22-2010 01:33 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      i always do guns/lockpick/science, but i'm leaning towards speech now. i think i'm level 8 too.
      I also always focus on guns/lockpick/science. I like to shoot first, talk later LOL
      Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

Vehicles
      10-22-2010 01:35 PM #47

Yeah, there is always stuff like this in these games. I remember the bow and arrow dupe glitch in Oblivion, that would duplicate ridiculous amounts of items and cause your frame rate to bottom out.

They can never get rid of it either. Everyone will just unpatch, do the glitch, then patch.

On PC though it really doesnt matter. Because you can always just use save editors and **** to get whatever you want(if thats what you like to do).

23. 10-22-2010 11:20 PM #48
      I think I'm level ~15 or 16 or so.

You guys are right, this game does crash ALOT, and sometimes at the worst times. I wasn't sure if it was just my copy or not. It froze first thing I aimed at.

Now that the games have started, ED-E can be a companion, I just got the stuff to fix him. He's weak, but he can carry alot.

Boone, in Novac is also a companion, in the dyno past 9PM. Cass way down south is also a companion. Those are the only ones I've found so far. Ah, no. I found another sniper you can get, a butch lesbian in the NCR main base.

For starters I'd stick to the story line, until you make it to New Vegas from the East. If you head N. the Death Claws await, I still can't kill them. Giant scorpions are also buttholes in numbers.

Repair doesn't seem too useful, you can repair way past 100% damage w/out high repair. Meanwhile speech is used often, so I'm starting to dump in there.

REMEMBER HOW YOU'RE DRESSED! For example, meeting the BoS in NCR clothing... Not a good idea!

Hardcore isnt' bad. Just eating is enough for thirst and sleep (and obviously hunger). Water needs rise quickly, but a drink from a water fountain does wonders.
      Last edited by -Khaos-; 10-22-2010 at 11:22 PM.
      ░░░░░░ .. R13 5
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ .. ╚╬╬╝
      ░░░░░░ .... 24

24. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-23-2010 02:36 AM #49
      yeah i think i'm around 12 or 13 now. having a gnarly cold on a friday night helped me level up.

did a lot in vault 22 tonight and some BoS stuff. interesting so far. i have so many unfulfilled quests and i have yet to even make it to the strip, so that's promising. still kind of unsure of what faction i really want to side with or whatever, but with every mission it gets pretty obvious - at least for my character.

the only thing i don't like is not getting perks for every level-up - kind of sucks to do it every other one. and with that, i'm not too sure how i like these supposedly new and improved perks. anyway, it's minor compared to everything else considering i feel like i've just scratched the surface.

i'm still really enjoying and it actually hasn't crashed since the first few hours of play.

25. 10-23-2010 12:40 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by -Khaos- View Post

REMEMBER HOW YOU'RE DRESSED! For example, meeting the BoS in NCR clothing... Not a good idea!

Found that out the hard way last night hah

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast