Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread

1. 10-27-2010 03:40 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by nevermas View Post
      There is a bug with ED-E on the 360 where he will disappear in the wasteland. This guy I know is playing on hardcore mode, and gave all his supplies/water/food to ED-E to carry. ED-E disappears, his game is fked because he's made the number one fallout mistake of all time, didn't make multiple saves.
      I'm pretty sure that JUST happened to me, lost about 40 minutes of gameplay because I was relying on the autosave feature.

I also lost 250 lbs worth of stuff by loaning him to people during his quest.

Apart from that... Fun game, start using the bigger guns, Rock-It Launcher is in the Boomers territory BTW.
      ░░░░░░ .. R13 5
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ .. ╚╬╬╝
      ░░░░░░ .... 24

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-27-2010 09:18 AM #72
      I've left my robo-dog somewhere, I'm at this point where every time I go into a building he has to wait outside. So I've left him somewhere, anyone have any idea how to track companions, or dismiss them remotely?
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      04 Reflex R32
      10-27-2010 09:40 AM #73
      I haven't upgraded ED-E yet, but I've read that when you get him back it isn't the same ED-E. Your items are still on the one you sent for upgrading. The ED-E your supposedly getting back is a whole other ED-E so he has none of your inventory. I think on the PC version there's some input or however that works you could put in to keep your stuff.

I'm traveling with Boone and ED-E right now. When they get stuck I normally move a couple feet hit wait for an hour then they will be right near me and unstuck. Thing is ED-E flies. Even when I jump down small mountains, he takes the long way around to my position.

I have 2 save files on this game along with the autosave. Yesterday after completing a quest the game froze after exiting a house. I hadn't manual saved for maybe a half hour. It said saving when the game froze. I thought maybe my data was going to be corrupted or something. Restarted the ps3 and then the game had to update. Got back in the game, but my file was okay. And right were it froze.
      Last edited by skateboarder_ant; 10-27-2010 at 09:45 AM.
      PSN: Ant_VR6, AnTroverted_

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      10-27-2010 10:06 AM #74
      How do you accesses ED-E and get extra info from it like the quest says?
      Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

Vehicles
      04 Reflex R32
      10-27-2010 10:21 AM #75
      Certain people you talk to will trigger ED-E.

Probably better than me trying to explain it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/ED-E_My_Love
      PSN: Ant_VR6, AnTroverted_

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata, Bike, Bike, Bicycle.
      10-27-2010 01:50 PM #76
      Just got this. I had to sell Fallout 3 to keep myself from playing it through finals last year, lets hope I love this one as much
      everything is a bottle opener if you're savvy enough -- Chapel
      I ♥ snap oversteer

7. 10-27-2010 01:56 PM #77
      woohoo got the power armor training last night....killed mr house...and got the explorer perk...and theres a **** load of places i havent found!

Vehicles
      90 corrado g60. 00 jetta tdi. 97 a4
      10-27-2010 06:15 PM #78
      I picked up a copy last friday. Like the game so far, as i like fo3. Already had a few glitch moments. once had to power off the system. Got home today and noticed a new update for the game, hopefully this will clear up some glitchin!

Vehicles
      06' A3 2.0T, 06' Touareg V6
      10-28-2010 06:18 PM #79
      I love this game. Although when I first started I was bored, but as you progress you get more into it. I still dont know what faction I am going with. I killed the legion but saved it before I did, and they sent some assissins after me that F'd My world up, lol. Now the NCR has sent rangers after me and said I have three days to make peace with them. I just got a companion from the BoS some female. I cant remember where I got her from.
      APR stg2+hpfp+W/M(100oct)

10. 10-28-2010 09:45 PM #80
      veronica?she cool lol she demolishes people with her power fist haha i got her from the 188 trading post by vault 11...vault 11 is pretty cool too...

11. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-28-2010 11:23 PM #81
      you don't need to waste stimpaks on her either. during really tough fights she sometimes gets knocked unconscious for a bit, then comes back fully recuperated.
      welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      10-29-2010 12:21 AM #82
      Yea I'm pretty sure that's where I got her. Any advice on the deathclaws? I have the incinerator but need to repair it and it costs 2600 caps. Where can I get another good companion?

13. 10-29-2010 12:46 AM #83
      man...death claws are hard to kill...dont remember if they were that hard to kill in fallout 3(best bet is to change the difficulty of the game when u fight them lol...gaitline gone would prolly be best...Raul is a good companion too...hes at black mountain...

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-29-2010 09:05 AM #84
      I stumbled upon this abandoned train depot by the lake, that's crawling with deathclaws. I'll get a couple of them to chase me while I drop land mines. That will cripple their legs so they move really slow. Then I just finish them off with whatever.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

15. 10-29-2010 02:59 PM #85
      My power armor doesn't protect me much from the deatclaws... 6 hits and I'm toast and my repair skill is at 65... Fo3 deathclaws had to hit ne at least 3 more times lol... Btw... Do the mission that Veronica brings up... It's worth it... Buy or bring as Many radx and rad-away as you Can tho...trying to getting rid of these side quest for heading back on track to the main quest buy it's hard, it's like every person you talk to brings a quest up lol... But at least I'm getting my moneys worth... I'm on my way to jacobs town to fix rex

10-29-2010 03:31 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by oil1 View Post
      My power armor doesn't protect me much from the deatclaws...
      When I used to come up on deathclaws(at lower levels anyways), I'd walk backwards while dropping mines everywhere. Then shoot it in the head with a sniper rifle, switch to an AR, and pepper it while it ran through a field of exploding mines. Usually I could kill it without it even touching me.

Vehicles
      10-29-2010 04:17 PM #87
      Well I have Veronica and thought I would take a stroll over there, because she was kicking ass. I killed Samuel Cooke and all his convicts attacked us. She would punch them once or twice and they would die, she is a bad biatch. So I thought she would do good against them, not they owned the **** out of us, lol. Im gonna wait until I have the incinerator fixed that weapon, it seems to do some major damage. I will try the land mine.

Where do I get a sniper rifle. I found an arms dealer and turned the varmmit rifle into one, kinda, has a scope and silencer.

I dont think I have been to black mountain where is it near?

How many skill points do you get every level if you max out intelligence? right now I only get like 15 per level.

What should I do about the NCR rangers right now. I have one day left and they are coming after me. I almost want to kill them, but not sure if thats the right choice at this point in the game. If BoS are still in this game I will probably stick with them, I dont care much for anyone else including the NCR. Who are you guys sidding with?
      Last edited by Gtiupb2002; 10-29-2010 at 04:25 PM.

18. 10-29-2010 05:18 PM #88
      Black mountain is a 5 min. Jog north from Helios one... There's rad at 1sec and some super mutants and nightstalkers(invisible dudes)... Pretty much I sided with bos and ncr ... I don't care for the ncr but the way "yes man" lays out the plan I have to side for ten for a bit... But I did multiple saves for diff outcomes

19. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-29-2010 06:31 PM #89
      same here. i was at the legion fort, and that faction is weird as hell, so i'm going to level them.

Vehicles
      10-29-2010 07:02 PM #90
      be careful with the legion. I killed them in Sloann city (I think) and once they were dead they sent legion assassins, and they were not easy to kill. I save it everytime I make a big decision like that haha, glad I did because they killed me quickly.

10-30-2010 10:00 PM #91
      PS3 YLODed on me playing this game. Followed glisky reflow video (had fun with a heat gun) and it worked for a while until i got the message "System is running hot and will shut down.." PS3 shuts off and red light flashes. I might try putting better quality thermal paste. I bought the cheapest one since I was skeptical that this reflow trick would actually work.

Lucky that i backed up my gave save but now I have to buy a new PS3 to play this addicting game

Vehicles
      10-30-2010 11:35 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by You are to blame View Post
      PS3 YLODed on me playing this game. Followed glisky reflow video (had fun with a heat gun) and it worked for a while until i got the message "System is running hot and will shut down.." PS3 shuts off and red light flashes. I might try putting better quality thermal paste. I bought the cheapest one since I was skeptical that this reflow trick would actually work.

Lucky that i backed up my gave save but now I have to buy a new PS3 to play this addicting game
      I was skeptical with this process also but it worked for me. I bought the recommended stuff, artic 5, I think. ( also I used a hair dryer, lol, said not to but I dont have a heat gun. The wifes hairdryer got near 300 degrees) I have been going about 3 weeks on my reflow.

10-31-2010 12:08 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Gtiupb2002 View Post
      I was skeptical with this process also but it worked for me. I bought the recommended stuff, artic 5, I think. ( also I used a hair dryer, lol, said not to but I dont have a heat gun. The wifes hairdryer got near 300 degrees) I have been going about 3 weeks on my reflow.
      Yeah, i'm kicking myself for not using artic silver 5 which i will use in the next few days. I used a heat gun and was not kind on the system board i was so mad that I set the heat gun to high and heated up all 4 sides for about 30 seconds each.

Funny how a lot of older phat ps3 owners are having to do this stupid reflow crap

Vehicles
      10-31-2010 12:30 AM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by You are to blame View Post
      Yeah, i'm kicking myself for not using artic silver 5 which i will use in the next few days. I used a heat gun and was not kind on the system board i was so mad that I set the heat gun to high and heated up all 4 sides for about 30 seconds each.

Funny how a lot of older phat ps3 owners are having to do this stupid reflow crap
      Yea mine though just did this after about 5years when I bought it (maybe not that long, I forget when these systems came out lol). but I bought mine when they were fresh out.

I agree it sucks though. I would go get a slim, except the fact that I have Demons Soul on my ps3 and it is copy protected I dont want to loose my saved data from that game.

25. 11-02-2010 03:02 AM #95
      found some mini nukes.....anyone find the fatman?

26. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      11-02-2010 04:16 AM #96
      i think i picked one up somewhere... unless i'm confusing it with the handful of rocket launchers i've accumulated. i'll check tomorrow.

Vehicles
      2011 WRX, 2002 Gti, 1994 Audi 100S
      11-02-2010 07:07 AM #97
      I have about 5 mini nukes but haven't found anything to launch them from. This game is addicting.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      I'm just imagining what it was like to have an F-22, which is a positively gigantic fighter plane, just sort of sidle up next to you in midair. Just kind of like, 'sup, dudes, aloo snackbar.

11-02-2010 12:01 PM #98
      Have you guys had any luck at finding Radway? I found a few RadX but can't find any Radway

29. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      11-02-2010 12:24 PM #99
      radaway is a bitch to find. i googled it last night to see if anyone else had noticed, and it's definitely apparent that less is found in the game. load up on rad-x before irradiated places i guess.

30. 11-02-2010 02:35 PM #100
      Found two fatmans... One is at quarry junction next to a skeleton and some water.... Be carefull tho! Guarded by a lot of death claws... I took care of them with my newly aquired alien blaster!!! To get ahold of the alien blaster you must have the wild wasteland perk... Other wise a special gauss rifle will be in it place... Head to horwits(sp?) farmstead and go north you should run into some aliens...and another fatman and 3 mini nukes are at nellis Af base . You must pickpocket a boomer when he is sleeping at the tents on the southeast side of the hanger.... Anyone know the story of that gun you buy off that kid chasing his sister with it at freeside?

31. 11-02-2010 02:55 PM #101
      I've had trouble finding radaway in the beginning, but I got tired wasting caps on doctors. I found a few stashes and stole a bunch from factions... Ncr has bunch but the key is too buy them from traders or anyone you can buy them from.... I currently have about 20 rad-a-ways and about 30 radex... 100+ stimpacts...(medicine skill helps since you use less and the heal more) and about 40+ super stimpacts.... Bunch of jet,pyscho,medex etc... Majority bought from traders

11-02-2010 03:10 PM #102
      damn this game will be responsible for the death of thousands of consoles

Vehicles
      cheby
      11-02-2010 03:20 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by oil1 View Post
      woohoo got the power armor training last night....killed mr house...and got the explorer perk...and theres a **** load of places i havent found!
      how did you get the training?

11-02-2010 03:24 PM #104
      go look up the fallout new vegas wiki. I used that to beat fallout 3

35. 11-02-2010 03:33 PM #105
      There's two ways... The one I did is to do all the missions for the brotherhood of steel at hidden valley... Two I found out recently is to do all the companion missions for argrade? He can be found at the mormon fort at freeside... His father was in the enclave and you have round up past members and they give you(and or kill for it,which I did) a baddas reminate power armor which damage resistance is at 28(for me) but strenght is at 1 instead of 2 like the t51b armor...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast