Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Official Fallout: New Vegas Thread

1. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      12-16-2010 11:35 AM #176
      yeah, that was a nice surprise walking in there for the first time.
      welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      12-28-2010 09:18 PM #177
      Another weapon that is good for killing Deathclaws is the Brush Gun with the Cowboy/Bloody Mess perks. Damn thing should be called the Brush Cannon.

I just finished a playthrough using shotguns/lever-action rifles/explosives as main weapons. There's enough XP in the game to get to level 38 (thank you, GECK, for letting us kill the level cap ).
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

3. 01-08-2011 05:34 PM #178
      Wow this game freezes my PS3 alot. I made it a mission to get to level 25 tonight and I've had 3 freezes so far.

My gf doesn't understand how software works keeps telling me to "take the game back if it doesn't work" everytime I get pissed.

I'm at 24 now and I'm sort of stuck I don't want to end the game so I've just been exploring new locations trying to level up.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      01-08-2011 06:28 PM #179
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post

I just finished a playthrough using shotguns/lever-action rifles/explosives as main weapons. There's enough XP in the game to get to level 38 (thank you, GECK, for letting us kill the level cap ).
      so, basically using console commands? can you still add perks/points for every level-up?

i haven't played a lot due to black ops. however, i did come across the legendary cazadore when i was looking for the enclave power armor. i'm level 30, and just realized that anti-venom helps cazadores stings.

i do want to play through again though, especially in hardcore mode; it's hard to want to knowing i have to do some quests over.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      02-07-2011 02:10 PM #180
      three all-platform DLC packs coming out. dead money will be available for PS3/PC on february 22nd.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/0...new-vegas-dlc/
      Last edited by n0rdicalex.; 02-07-2011 at 02:12 PM.

6. 02-07-2011 02:23 PM #181
      Nice, I need that. Just beat the game the other night.

Had to back to a previous save to still play and I'm just piddling around with side missions now.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      02-07-2011 03:33 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      so, basically using console commands? can you still add perks/points for every level-up?

i haven't played a lot due to black ops. however, i did come across the legendary cazadore when i was looking for the enclave power armor. i'm level 30, and just realized that anti-venom helps cazadores stings.

i do want to play through again though, especially in hardcore mode; it's hard to want to knowing i have to do some quests over.
      On the New Vegas Nexus, there's a mod that raises the level cap to 100. That is what I used. Yes, you get everything that you normally get when leveling up past 30.

Last night I finished up a playthrough and I got within 150 xp of level 39. I downloaded a new mod I'm planning on adding called "A World of Pain" which will add many new areas and tough encounters. Level 40 should be reachable.

I haven't decided if I'm going to buy Dead Money. This whole XBox "exclusive" thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not sure if I want to reward Obsidian/Bethesda with $$$ for their shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      Nice, I need that. Just beat the game the other night.

Had to back to a previous save to still play and I'm just piddling around with side missions now.
      There's another mod for that on the Nexus called Freeplay which lets you continue after you finish the final quest (assault on Hoover Dam).
      Last edited by Sledge; 02-07-2011 at 03:35 PM.
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

8. 04-20-2011 11:39 PM #183
      holy crap this thread is the best thing on vortex!!!!!!!!!!!! i have killed this game like 4 times on all difficulties.level 35 100% on allmost everything.full remnant armor.... best game ever!!!!!!!!!but i am goign to have to give fo3 a huge amout of credit.i have like 400 hours into that one hahah

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      05-21-2011 08:54 PM #184
      So I'm behind in my games and just started playing this one. I played Fallout 3 with no problems, but this one is kicking my a--. Is there a trick that I haven't figured out? I'm lucky if I can survive a gunfight with one person, let alone four, five, or six when I happen a gang (who all appear completely out of nowhere I might add). Stimpacks seem like something that was almost taken out of the game seeing as how I can't find any. And eating food for health? What's the point when it takes "X" seconds to recover those hitpoints when I'm engaged in a gun battle and need them NOW!!! I'll be at full strength, come across a Legionnaire (I'm pretty early in the game) and they mow me down. My shots do practically no damage, regardless of the gun I'm using and when I start taking all that damage, I can't recover enough hitpoints to continue. I've been dumping my points into medicine and guns trying to get my stats up, but it doesn't seem to help. My guns is at 40 and I'm doing very little damage to humans (animals I'm fine).

Anything I can do???

10. 05-21-2011 11:10 PM #185
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      So I'm behind in my games and just started playing this one. I played Fallout 3 with no problems, but this one is kicking my a--. Is there a trick that I haven't figured out? I'm lucky if I can survive a gunfight with one person, let alone four, five, or six when I happen a gang (who all appear completely out of nowhere I might add). Stimpacks seem like something that was almost taken out of the game seeing as how I can't find any. And eating food for health? What's the point when it takes "X" seconds to recover those hitpoints when I'm engaged in a gun battle and need them NOW!!! I'll be at full strength, come across a Legionnaire (I'm pretty early in the game) and they mow me down. My shots do practically no damage, regardless of the gun I'm using and when I start taking all that damage, I can't recover enough hitpoints to continue. I've been dumping my points into medicine and guns trying to get my stats up, but it doesn't seem to help. My guns is at 40 and I'm doing very little damage to humans (animals I'm fine).

Anything I can do???
      are you playing on hardcore?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      05-22-2011 12:37 AM #186
      yeah man, set it on easy/normal for a bit until you get comfortable, then adjust accordingly.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      05-23-2011 08:40 PM #187
      No, I'm playing it on "wuss" mode. Like I said, I got through Fallout 3 multiple times without much problem - this one is kicking my behind.

13. 05-23-2011 09:03 PM #188
      i would say to stick to the first town for a little bit and collect some caps doing odd jobs for that chick.just so you can get some xp and get better wepons.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      06-16-2011 09:32 AM #189
      The PC collector's version is $13 on D2D, not sure when the deal ends.

http://www.direct2drive.com/9815/pro...ition-Download
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI
      06-16-2011 10:40 AM #190
      I'm sorry, this game just frustrated me to no end. I'm at a point where there is about a 100 ways I could go to get multiple tasks done and my game decides to freeze up randomly, which makes me aware that I am in fact playing a game. Needs to be patched before I'm picking it back up.

/endrant.
      girls dig when i play with the V

16. Senior Member
      08-04-2012 01:30 PM #191
      Quick question, if I pick up the 'ultimate' edition for all the DLC, will it work with my saved games on the urNew Vegas? xbox.
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

17. Senior Member
      08-08-2012 12:44 PM #192
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      Quick question, if I pick up the 'ultimate' edition for all the DLC, will it work with my saved games on the urNew Vegas? xbox.
      Yes the saves work. FYI
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

10-17-2012 01:32 PM #193
      If anyone's playing this game on the PC still, try out the mod I made last year.

Run the Lucky 38. It does as the name implies, it lets you act as the owner-manager of the newest re-establishment on the strip.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-20-2012 12:35 AM #194
      I finished the Old World Blues DLC yesterday. The scientist dialog alone is worth it.

20. Senior Member
      11-20-2012 07:59 AM #195
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      The scientist dialog alone is worth it.
      +1 I also felt that was the toughest of the DLCs, I freaking hate those coyote snake Nightstalker bastards

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-20-2012 10:58 AM #196
      Not too much trouble with an AMR and exploding ammo

I finished Lonesome Road late yesterday. Ulysses just talks and talks and talks in a single monotonous Barry White impersonation. It took all my will to not select the shut-the-****-up-and-tell-me-where-you're-hiding dialogue option.

I use a mod that removes the level cap. With all four DLCs I'm around level 67 I think and I haven't started the endgame content yet.

EDIT: Done. Finished at level 69. I'll probably reinstall Skyrim next week
      Last edited by Sledge; 11-20-2012 at 07:54 PM.

22. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      04-09-2013 10:09 AM #197
      I just bought this yesterday. Love post apocalyptic stories like this. This game reminds me of Rage (or Rage reminds me of this, whichever came first). The only thing I don't like is all of the attributes and stats and skills. Honestly I didn't know this was part of the game and my only complaint with it is because I can't keep track of all this stuff (same reason I play MMORPGs very casually).

Oh and kind of annoying I can shoot a guy 8 times and he won't die.
      Th(e/a)n

23. 04-28-2013 05:25 PM #198
      ^ I just picked this up as well for a whopping $8 at Game Stop. I'm having a pretty hard time right now as I haven't spent a lot of time playing games of the type. I haven't saved the game enough so I am having issues dying quickly after a respawn.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      04-28-2013 10:39 PM #199
      oooh yeah, with Fallout games, you save early and often.

about to pick a lock? save.
      about to hack a terminal? save.
      find a new location? save.
      about to enter some serious ****? save.
      unsure about saving? save.

and don't just keep saving over the same file over and over; create new saves every so often too. you'll definitely have less headaches.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      04-29-2013 04:29 PM #200
      There's a mod called CASM that modifies the save system so it cycles through 20 or so save files.

I just reinstalled FNV. Probably play a bit this weekend Been busy with Kerbal Space Program.

05-03-2013 12:57 PM #201
      Run the Lucky 38, if you're into mods.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456