Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 77

    Thread: New Ride - 315HP / AWD / 21 MPG / 20" Wheels...and 9600lb towing

    1. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 01:53 PM #1
      Sold our B6 Passat (2006 4-Motion) a couple weeks ago with the intention of buying a used truck as it is a PITA having two sedans when you own a house, a large yard and no nearby relatives with pickups. I work from home and my wife is home with our son (almost 3) so fuel economy would not be a concern.

      Was looking at used trucks on craigslist and ebay but it is crazy what even rusty, high-mileage work-trucks are going for. Luckily, we are eligible for a GM employee discount through my wife’s grandfather so I emailed the internet sales guy I deal with who has sold me 2 new VW’s and a Chevy. After a test drive, a night to think it over and about 15 minutes of paper work later, I think I got a killer deal on a new 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 “All Star Edition”…

      Surprised with the number of features…5.3L V8, 6-speed transmission, 4x4, electronic locking rear differential, dual zone heating/cooling, bluetooth, USB port, steering wheel controls, power driver seat, 20” wheels, adjustable pedals, rear parking assist, remote starter, homelink, OnStar, trailering package, etc…

      Here are some pictures…the color is Imperial Blue Metallic - difficult to see the metallic due to overcast sky...









      Last edited by PlatinumGLS; 10-18-2010 at 04:05 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    2. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2006
      Location
      Newport Coast, CA
      Posts
      35,670
      Vehicles
      2013 VW GTI 2DR DBM
      10-18-2010 01:56 PM #2
      perfect for groceries

    3. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 01:58 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      perfect for groceries
      That is what the Jetta is for unless we get a Costco membership in which the truck will in fact be perfect
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    4. Moderator Krazee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 25th, 2003
      Location
      En Why Sea
      Posts
      18,016
      Blog Entries
      11
      Vehicles
      Corrado
      10-18-2010 02:00 PM #4
      The only truck I like better is a GMC Sierra Denali.
      Project Corrado RS: Keep Up
      MSD 12v VR6 coilpack setup/components For Sale: Here
      Other items for sale: Sparco, VR6 HVAC box, VR6 radiators, Mocal Oil Cooler: Here

    5. 10-18-2010 02:01 PM #5
      Hm. Nice silver medal.

      Should've gotten the F-150.

    6. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 02:03 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Krazee View Post
      The only truck I like better is a GMC Sierra Denali.
      The Denali is awesome but out of my price range

      Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
      Hm. Nice silver medal.

      Should've gotten the F-150.
      I've driven numerous F-150s and they are very nice. However, the driving experience is not to my liking. IMO, they feel more disconnected.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    7. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      The Village
      Posts
      20,751
      Vehicles
      KAR 120C
      10-18-2010 02:04 PM #7
      Nice! Great looknig truck and you won't regret the way it drives.

      My dad has an '08 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison with that same cab/bed configuration. Hasn't had a thing go wrong thus far, and I am shocked at how well it drives/rides. I used to dread long drives in his old '89 C2500; I welcome driving/riding in the new truck. Only thing I don't understand is why must all trucks be so tall now? His '08 is a FOOT taller than his '89--and they are both 2wd.

    8. 10-18-2010 02:04 PM #8
      Not a big fan of the exterior of those trucks, but that color really compliments it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Roketdriver View Post
      Supercar, f*ck kids.

      The only whine I like to hear comes from superchargers and straight cut gears.

    9. Member hotshoe32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2006
      Location
      Frederick, MD
      Posts
      3,113
      Vehicles
      2006 MkV GTI 6MT
      10-18-2010 02:06 PM #9
      Sharp looking truck. Congrats!
      Mechanical Engineer
      Former Nissan & BMW Salesman

    10. 10-18-2010 02:09 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      The Denali is awesome but out of my price range


      I've driven numerous F-150s and they are very nice. However, the driving experience is not to my liking. IMO, they feel more disconnected.
      Yeah, I'm just giving you a hard time cause I love my F-150. I really do like the look of those trucks, especially how the back fender flares out. Nice lines in a truck.

    11. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      22,618
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '12 GT; '94 SLC
      10-18-2010 02:11 PM #11
      I probably would have rather gone with a Dodge myself, but that's a sharp looking truck (especially the color!). Funny that you posted this as I was sort of admiring a similar truck that I have recently seen at my gym. It was a regular cab, all gray, tinted windows, and black steel wheels. I think it might have been a base trim vehicle, but as equipped it looked pretty aggressive for being a regular truck.

    12. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 02:13 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Nice! Great looknig truck and you won't regret the way it drives.

      My dad has an '08 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison with that same cab/bed configuration. Hasn't had a thing go wrong thus far, and I am shocked at how well it drives/rides. I used to dread long drives in his old '89 C2500; I welcome driving/riding in the new truck. Only thing I don't understand is why must all trucks be so tall now? His '08 is a FOOT taller than his '89--and they are both 2wd.
      Hopefully ours will be just as dependable but I have no reason to think otherwise. I agree, the truck is monstrous in height.

      Quote Originally Posted by j31izzle View Post
      Not a big fan of the exterior of those trucks, but that color really compliments it.
      Thanks - it was overcast when I took the photos so kind of hard to see the metallic.

      Quote Originally Posted by hotshoe32 View Post
      Sharp looking truck. Congrats!
      Thank

      Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
      Yeah, I'm just giving you a hard time cause I love my F-150. I really do like the look of those trucks, especially how the back fender flares out. Nice lines in a truck.
      No problem. If we also had the Ford Employee discount, the F150 might be in our driveway instead.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    13. Member VTECjustkickedinyo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2008
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      1,543
      Vehicles
      2008 Honda Accord
      10-18-2010 02:13 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      perfect for groceries

    14. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 02:16 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      I probably would have rather gone with a Dodge myself, but that's a sharp looking truck (especially the color!). Funny that you posted this as I was sort of admiring a similar truck that I have recently seen at my gym. It was a regular cab, all gray, tinted windows, and black steel wheels. I think it might have been a base trim vehicle, but as equipped it looked pretty aggressive for being a regular truck.
      I did look at the Dodges but I was concerned with their quality and similarly equipped Dodges would have been more money as well. I do like the way they look and their HEMI is very good. Also, they feel even BIGGER while driving than the Chevy does.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    15. Moderator Krazee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 25th, 2003
      Location
      En Why Sea
      Posts
      18,016
      Blog Entries
      11
      Vehicles
      Corrado
      10-18-2010 02:16 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      The Denali is awesome but out of my price range
      I know...more expensive than I thought...but damn is it beastly looking.

      Are the 'Burbans/Escalades/Yukon built on the same chassis as the Silverado/Sierra?
      Project Corrado RS: Keep Up
      MSD 12v VR6 coilpack setup/components For Sale: Here
      Other items for sale: Sparco, VR6 HVAC box, VR6 radiators, Mocal Oil Cooler: Here

    16. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 02:19 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Krazee View Post
      I know...more expensive than I thought...but damn is it beastly looking.

      Are the 'Burbans/Escalades/Yukon built on the same chassis as the Silverado/Sierra?
      They share the same platform: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMT900
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    17. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      22,618
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '12 GT; '94 SLC
      10-18-2010 02:32 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      I did look at the Dodges but I was concerned with their quality and similarly equipped Dodges would have been more money as well. I do like the way they look and their HEMI is very good. Also, they feel even BIGGER while driving than the Chevy does.
      I think the cool thing about modern full size trucks is that if you want one for light duty work, it's really hard to do it wrong. It seems like it really comes down to price and simply preference. All three brands have really seemed to up their game over the last few years when it comes to design and powertrain choices. The blue of your truck though reminds me of that very excellent dark blue that the mkV Jetta GLIs (among others?) were available in.

    18. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 02:35 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      I think the cool thing about modern full size trucks is that if you want one for light duty work, it's really hard to do it wrong. It seems like it really comes down to price and simply preference. All three brands have really seemed to up their game over the last few years when it comes to design and powertrain choices. The blue of your truck though reminds me of that very excellent dark blue that the mkV Jetta GLIs (among others?) were available in.
      I completely agree with what you said about the full size trucks. You really cannot go wrong with any of the "Big Three".
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    19. Member kraut_pauer79's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 27th, 2004
      Location
      behind the Orange Curtain, CA
      Posts
      4,602
      Vehicles
      a 1966 air cooled VW
      10-18-2010 02:48 PM #19
      absolutely freakin sweet

      that is a perfect equipment package, just the right amount of goodies. Is the 5.3/4x4/20" wheels what makes up the All Star package?

      and I hate to be that guy, but would you mind letting us in on what you paid?
      Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      You bitches fight more than a bunch of high school girls at the clearance rack of the local Forever 21.
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Japanese dicks are too small to trip over

    20. Member freedomgli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2002
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      8,657
      10-18-2010 02:50 PM #20
      Nice truck. I hope it gives you years of trouble free service.

    21. 10-18-2010 02:55 PM #21
      Good job, Steve! I love the color too. Next time we get together take me for a spin in it.

      If my Suburban was anything to go by, you won't have a lick of problems with it. There ain't much to go wrong on a Chevy truck.
      2012 Toyota Prius 3, Blizzard White/Gray
      2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Edition30, Pure White/Black V-tex/carbon

      Son of a gun / Master of fate / Bows to no god, kingdom, or state.

    22. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 02:55 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by kraut_pauer79 View Post
      absolutely freakin sweet

      that is a perfect equipment package, just the right amount of goodies. Is the 5.3/4x4/20" wheels what makes up the All Star package?

      and I hate to be that guy, but would you mind letting us in on what you paid?
      Perfect package for us as well. With rebates and employee discount, I saved about $8K off the sticker price.

      EDIT: More info on the All Star Package http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...changes-92045/

      First, we are announcing a new “All Star Edition” (RPO PDU) Silverado. While we’re using the popular “All Star” designation for name recognition, the content is a little different from what you’re familiar with. We’ve taken the popular Power Pack Plus and added $995 of additional content at no charge. As you can see, it represents a great value at just $1,280 after the $1,495 option package discount:


      • 5.3L V8 Engine
      • MYC 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
      • G80 Auto Locking Rear Differential
      • Z82 Heavy Duty Trailering Package
      • P46 17” Aluminum Wheels
      • New! AG1 Power Driver’s Seat
      • New! UK3 Steering Wheel Audio Controls
      • New! UPF Bluetooth for Phone
      • New! UUI Radio with USB Port
      • New! CJ2 Dual Zone Automatic A/C
      • New! T96 Fog Lamps
      • New! A60/PPA EZ-Lift Locking Tailgate

      The 2011 All-Star DOES NOT include 20" chrome-clad wheels as in the past, but if you add S83 20" wheels ($1,295 MSRP) to the current net price of the 2011 MY All-Star Edition ($1,280) the difference is only $435 more than the previous All-Star, and it includes the new content.

      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      Nice truck. I hope it gives you years of trouble free service.
      Thanks
      Last edited by PlatinumGLS; 10-18-2010 at 03:02 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    23. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 02:58 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfVIDriver View Post
      Good job, Steve! I love the color too. Next time we get together take me for a spin in it.

      If my Suburban was anything to go by, you won't have a lick of problems with it. There ain't much to go wrong on a Chevy truck.
      Thanks Matt! Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    24. Member That1njguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2009
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      2,530
      10-18-2010 03:01 PM #24
      Nice truck! Congrats and good luck. Don't let the wife talk you into more kids with the extra back seat room


    25. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 03:05 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by That1njguy View Post
      Nice truck! Congrats and good luck. Don't let the wife talk you into more kids with the extra back seat room

      Thanks and trying very hard to follow that advice
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    26. Member VW1.8Tsunami's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 7th, 2007
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      8,951
      Vehicles
      2011 Ram 1500, 2003 Stratus SXT
      10-18-2010 03:23 PM #26
      Truck envy in 3, 2, 1.....

      Nice truck
      Previously Owned: 2010 Kia Forte, 2010 JK Wrangler, 2007 Passat, 2003 Jetta, 2002 Jetta, 1992 Sentra, 1998 Dakota, 1990 Ford Ranger

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2000
      Location
      Motown
      Posts
      18,881
      Vehicles
      1957 Testa Rossa
      10-18-2010 03:32 PM #27
      You cannot lose with trucks these days. They're all varying levels of NICE & WIN. Even the Toyota with that rear bed that bounces around in that Ford YouTube.

      I like the CrewCab, but the bed is too short and the Ext Cab's rear seats are plenty for my kids... and me.

      The styling of this Gen Silverado reminds me of the clean and simple (not bold like Ram or trucky like Ford) form and lines of the Silverado 2 gens ago, which I also like.

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 3rd, 2008
      Location
      DC Metro Area
      Posts
      3,166
      Vehicles
      06 Mustang GT Vert 5MT, 08 TSX 5AT, 95 Volvo 850 GLT 4AT
      10-18-2010 03:33 PM #28
      I want some big ridiculous pickup, it looks like so much fun.

      Nice buy.
      http://sixsylinder.blogspot.com

      Quote Originally Posted by stacman View Post
      Top gear recommended it, so I bought it.

    29. Member Amdek's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2004
      Location
      Somewhere near the border
      Posts
      7,528
      10-18-2010 03:34 PM #29
      congrads! now lets see the toys it pulls

    30. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 03:52 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by VW1.8Tsunami View Post
      Truck envy in 3, 2, 1.....

      Nice truck
      Thanks

      Quote Originally Posted by uncleho View Post
      You cannot lose with trucks these days. They're all varying levels of NICE & WIN. Even the Toyota with that rear bed that bounces around in that Ford YouTube.

      I like the CrewCab, but the bed is too short and the Ext Cab's rear seats are plenty for my kids... and me.

      The styling of this Gen Silverado reminds me of the clean and simple (not bold like Ram or trucky like Ford) form and lines of the Silverado 2 gens ago, which I also like.
      I agree, not many compromises when buying a new-full size truck. And I have no problem sitting in the rear seat either

      Quote Originally Posted by Wanganrunner View Post
      I want some big ridiculous pickup, it looks like so much fun.

      Nice buy.
      Thanks, we are enjoying it so far. I love the V8 sound which has been missed since selling my GTO.

      Quote Originally Posted by Amdek View Post
      congrads! now lets see the toys it pulls
      Nothing right now...but my Aprilia could easily fit in the bed and will come in handy this week when I buy a new compressor
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    31. Senior Member VWVan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2000
      Location
      Langley, B.C.
      Posts
      24,860
      Vehicles
      2007 Ford Fusion SUX, school bus turning radius edition
      10-18-2010 03:57 PM #31
      Nice truck!

    32. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 04:01 PM #32
      ^^^^^



      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    33. Member hushypushy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2009
      Location
      San Francisco, CA
      Posts
      4,764
      Vehicles
      '13 FR-S
      10-18-2010 04:03 PM #33
      Great color! Both Ford and GM are coming out with some awesome colors these days...I am pleased
      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road.

    34. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,302
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      10-18-2010 08:13 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
      Great color! Both Ford and GM are coming out with some awesome colors these days...I am pleased
      I agree wholeheartedly
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi AWD | 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 | 2000 Four Winns H180LS

      RareSportBikesForSale.com | CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog

    35. Member konigwheels's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2002
      Location
      OP WA
      Posts
      4,617
      Vehicles
      MB 500SE AMG, Ford Focus ZX3, Loyale wagon, Mitsu pickup, Yamaha R6
      10-18-2010 08:34 PM #35
      The best color on a great truck. When my buddy bought his '10 it was the Texas package with huge chrome emblems and those same chrome "clad" 20's. He debadged it and traded another guy for the other style 20 inch wheel. It went a long way in the way it looks, and the overall design of the truck really grew on me.

      These wheels.


      I have always thought they looked fantastic, much more subtle than the chrome and one of my favorite factory wheels of any manufacturer. It's a little irrational on my part, only because I know the chrome clad wheel is a plastic cover. I don't think of them in the same way as a regular aluminum wheel now.

      Did you get a chance to drive a 6.0 liter? The 5.3s are bulletproof and will give you many miles of hassle free power if you maintain it, my personal DD has a 5.3 and I love it, but those 6.0s really move when you push the go pedal!

      Keep it nice, but use the hell out of it.
      Last edited by konigwheels; 10-18-2010 at 08:37 PM.

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •