Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises....

Vehicles
      2006 Chevy not so econo-box
      01-19-2011 04:03 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Minker17 View Post
      Interesting note, it says she will play Selina Kyle, but not that she will play Catwoman. I'm sure she will, but just saying.
      this is exactly what i was thinking.
      Syndicate
      DriveWayBuilds
      euroskope.net
      Quote Originally Posted by MiLeenaLee View Post
      Why bother, will be back to not working tomorrow.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      01-19-2011 04:12 PM #72
      Let's see, how can I put this?

F-----------------CK YES!!

Both are great actors and are some of the least sh-tty Batman villains left. I have complete faith that Nolan will make Catwoman hot as hell and interesting. Michelle Pfeiffer will be hard to beat though.
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

Vehicles
      01-19-2011 04:19 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post

Both are great actors and are some of the least sh-tty Batman villains left. I have complete faith that Nolan will make Catwoman hot as hell and interesting. Michelle Pfeiffer will be hard to beat though.
      they also said that about Jack Nicholson.
      as much as i love his performance, Heath Ledger did blow him outta the water.
      Syndicate
      DriveWayBuilds
      euroskope.net

4. Member
      01-19-2011 04:20 PM #74

Yeah, that's how bad Catwoman is; Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman sets the standard. Not that Pfeiffer did a bad job. She did what she could. Catwoman is just a dead-end character that grinds the movie to a boring halt.

Good luck, Nolan.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      01-19-2011 04:35 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by BluishGreen1.8T View Post
      they also said that about Jack Nicholson.
      as much as i love his performance, Heath Ledger did blow him outta the water.
      This is true.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      01-19-2011 04:36 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Big M View Post
      Yeah, that's how bad Catwoman is; Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman sets the standard. Not that Pfeiffer did a bad job. She did what she could. Catwoman is just a dead-end character that grinds the movie to a boring halt.

Good luck, Nolan.
      As long as she isn't a love interest / villain it'll be fine. If he tries to do both like Burton did, I may cringe - he needs to pick one or the other.

Vehicles
      2009 E90 M3
      01-19-2011 06:04 PM #77
      This is true.

That is possibly the most hilarious picture I have ever seen. I wouldn't have the balls to do that to Jack Nicholson.

Vehicles
      1979 rabbit VR6T, 2007 B6 passat 3.6L 4mo wagon (dd)
      01-19-2011 07:51 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by ElixXxeR View Post
      That is possibly the most hilarious picture I have ever seen. I wouldn't have the balls to do that to Jack Nicholson.
      X2
      Instagram @mad_german

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      01-19-2011 08:02 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by ElixXxeR View Post
      the caption attached to that photo reads: "This photo was taken mere moments before this fan's brutal beating. He remains unrecognizable to everyone he knows."
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

Vehicles
      1979 rabbit VR6T, 2007 B6 passat 3.6L 4mo wagon (dd)
      01-20-2011 08:23 PM #80
      Instagram @mad_german

11. 01-21-2011 11:19 AM #81
      Bane? Bane!!! come on! bane is one of the dumbest characters to come out of the comic series, next to scarface.

you better not screw this up nolan....

Vehicles
      1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG | 2011 Ducati Streetfighter S
      01-21-2011 11:30 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      Bane? Bane!!! come on! bane is one of the dumbest characters to come out of the comic series, next to scarface.

you better not screw this up nolan....
      I agree. Bane was such a one-dimensional character, created during that whole era where the comic biz was trying to cash in on its popularity. Special covers and big storyline changes...that was comics in the early 90's. Bane was a marketing ploy, to sell Batman books for a year, leaving readers to wonder when Bruce Wayne would comeback.

And because he's such a silly character with his Lucha libre outfit, I'm really interested to see Nolan make him his own.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      01-21-2011 12:00 PM #83
      i love anne hathaway

Vehicles
      '12 Challenger RT, '11 CX-7 s Touring
      01-21-2011 12:38 PM #84
      Well, maybe Bane's lack of character development and history in the comic will work for Nolan. Gives him kind of a blank slate to work from. I don't read comics. Would the fanboys really care if Nolan's version of Bane doesn't stay true to his origins?

Most often, movies don't live up to the books or source materials they were based on. But every once in a while, they're even better. Look at the Jason Bourne series. The books were awful, but the movies were much, much better.
      Rest easy, Bart.

15. 01-21-2011 01:47 PM #85
      sea bird...

we arent concerned if he lives up to the comic version of the character...

our problem is that bane was one of the WORST characters to come out of comics....why put him into a movie franchise that has been simply amazing?

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      01-21-2011 02:02 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by Angina View Post
      i love anne hathaway
      i love her boobs.
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

Vehicles
      01-21-2011 03:06 PM #87
      Syndicate
      DriveWayBuilds
      euroskope.net

Vehicles
      01-21-2011 03:44 PM #88
      sea bird...

we arent concerned if he lives up to the comic version of the character...

our problem is that bane was one of the WORST characters to come out of comics....why put him into a movie franchise that has been simply amazing?
      I don't think that you understand what I wrote. I'm suggesting that Bane might be a great character for Nolan to work with because:

-there apparently isn't a lot of history with him
      -he's not a fan favorite, therefore he won't have a bunch of fanbois talking about how wrong he is portrayed (like Wolverine)
      -he's a poorly developed character which leaves Nolan a lot of room to make him into something different

Read this very carefully. He can make Bane something entirely different from the comic character. He might do a better job with him than whoever created him in the first place.
      Rest easy, Bart.

19. Member
      01-21-2011 03:54 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      I don't think that you understand what I wrote. I'm suggesting that Bane might be a great character for Nolan to work with because:

-he's not a fan favorite, therefore he won't have a bunch of fanbois talking about how wrong he is portrayed (like Wolverine)
      -he's a poorly developed character which leaves Nolan a lot of room to make him into something different

Read this very carefully. He can make Bane something entirely different from the comic character. He might do a better job with him than whoever created him in the first place.
      Bane's history is not really mysterious in the comics. His origins, history, and abilities are well-known. That said, Nolan may still be planning to take a lot of creative liberty with Bane.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      01-21-2011 04:13 PM #90
      io9 has a great little crash course on Bane right here:

http://io9.com/5738053/why-is-this-g...batman-villain
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

Vehicles
      01-21-2011 04:47 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Big M View Post
      Bane's history is not really mysterious in the comics. His origins, history, and abilities are well-known. That said, Nolan may still be planning to take a lot of creative liberty with Bane.
      I didn't mean that he has a mysterious backstory. It just sounds to me like no one would care if Nolan changed him up a lot. He hasn't been around for a long time, and he sounds like he's one dimensional.

A movie maker changes or reenvisions a long time favorite comic character at his own peril. Sometimes they get it right (Nolan's Joker), and sometimes they get it wrong (Wolverine, apparently - judging by all the bitching and griping about the movie).

Nolan might see an opportunity to create a whole new character out of Bane because no one would get bent out of shape.

Leave it to comic nerds (no offense ) to still find a reason to get pissed, though.
      Rest easy, Bart.

Vehicles
      1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG | 2011 Ducati Streetfighter S
      01-21-2011 04:57 PM #92
      Comic fans are definitely nitpickers--I'm certainly one of them--but some things are worth changing and some things aren't. I felt Jackman's Wolverine was fine, especially in the first two movies. You can't really buy a muscle-bound 5'2" guy being Wolverine on film. You can buy Jackman even though he's taller.

Anyway, Bane is fair use for re-working. Just reading through the latter part of the io9 article above, I mean, what the hell, Bane trying to find his daddy and him and Batman being half-brothers...what idiot writer thought that was good??

23. 01-22-2011 09:16 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post

you are right, i didnt read all that carefully. i was just taking issue with Bane having a fanboi following. at least, i hope there arent true Bane fanbois....if there are...they would be the af wearing, lifted truck driving, douche bags of the comic book reading nerd hierachy.

wait..Bane and Bats are half brothers? really? i never knew that. when did that jem of sh*t story arc come about? was it within Knightfall? if so, i may have to did out that turd and read it again.

Vehicles
      01-22-2011 10:18 AM #94
      they would be the af wearing, lifted truck driving, douche bags of the comic book reading nerd hierachy.
      LMAO
      Rest easy, Bart.

25. 01-22-2011 11:27 PM #95
      you are right, i didnt read all that carefully. i was just taking issue with Bane having a fanboi following. at least, i hope there arent true Bane fanbois....if there are...they would be the af wearing, lifted truck driving, douche bags of the comic book reading nerd hierachy.

wait..Bane and Bats are half brothers? really? i never knew that. when did that jem of sh*t story arc come about? was it within Knightfall? if so, i may have to did out that turd and read it again.
      still not reading it carefully. according to the article, they thought they were, but are not.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI and V70 3.2
      02-02-2011 09:15 AM #96
      http://www.totalfilm.com/news/joseph...b+aggregate%29

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in The Dark Knight Rises

Read more: Film news Joseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in The Dark Knight Rises | TotalFilm.com
      HomeFilm NewsJoseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in The Dark Knight RisesFilm NewsRSS
      Joseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in The Dark Knight Rises
      Role unknown as yet

By Josh Winning | Feb 2nd 2011

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is increasingly one of the most interesting actors working in Hollywood, which would explain why Chris Nolan wants to keep him close by casting him in The Dark Knight Rises.

The pair have just worked on Nolan’s other massive film Inception, and Deadline report that Gordon-Levitt “will be in [Rises] when Nolan starts production this spring”.

Who’ll he be playing? Nobody’s talking yet, though internet speculation has long been rife that Gordon-Levitt could tackle the role of cheeky villain The Riddler.

Knowing Nolan, though, he won’t want to bog down his last Batman gig with three new villains – he already has Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane.

For now, then, it’s a mystery. But still the kind of excellent news that has us feeling certain Rises can match Dark Knight for awesomeness. In fact, file this under ‘most awesome news we’ve heard this week’. Yes, really.

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      02-02-2011 09:48 AM #97
      It's sort of old news. He was rumored for The Riddler for a long time, but with them already having Bane and Catwoman, I think it would become too much with The Riddler. This is also just a rumor and many sites have already brushed it off saying if he is going to be in it, he will have a regular role (not a hero/villain)
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

Vehicles
      02-02-2011 09:49 AM #98
      Robin

(i hope not)
      Syndicate
      DriveWayBuilds
      euroskope.net

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      02-02-2011 10:22 AM #99
      Nah, Nolan said he won't bring in Robin.
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

Vehicles
      02-02-2011 10:22 AM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Minker17 View Post
      Nah, Nolan said he won't bring in Robin.
      which im glad...
      but didnt he also say no catwoman?
      Syndicate
      DriveWayBuilds
      euroskope.net

Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      02-02-2011 11:36 AM #101
      This is true.

02-02-2011 01:40 PM #102
      They'll bring him in as Joker. He could easily Heath Ledger's brother. I really hope they don't use him for that though.

As for Bane, I give Nolan the benefit of the doubt on pretty much everything. Who thought they could pull off a reasonably convincing Two-Face, or that Joker should even be touched as a character since Jack did it?
      Fires are the leading cause of fires.

Vehicles
      2002 Elantra GT | 2005 Odyssey Touring
      02-02-2011 01:53 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gascan View Post
      They'll bring him in as Joker. He could easily Heath Ledger's brother. I really hope they don't use him for that though.
      Go Timbers! Timbers Army - RCTID!
      Go Ducks! WTD!
      COYS!
      Go Blazers! RIP CITY!
      Go tOSU!

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      02-02-2011 02:07 PM #104
      Nolan said he would never do that. Ever.
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      02-02-2011 02:08 PM #105

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast