Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Don't know where people get their info from

11-03-2010 01:39 AM #1
      Apparently someone told this guy only 87 1995 Corrados were ever made and only sold in canada. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...962587521.html
      It just shows how some people are not all that interested in there cars, a quick google search would show him that there are a ton in europe.
      He selling this car cause he got a mk4 R32

Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado, 98 Subaru Legacy
      11-03-2010 01:55 AM #2
      They were sold all over Europe but only 87 came to North America and in Canada only.

3. 11-03-2010 02:42 AM #3
      ill give him 2 grand for it.

Vehicles
      Corrado SLC, Audi A8 QUATTRO
      11-03-2010 10:54 AM #4

|Corrado SLC 2.9LVR6|Corrado Keyless Entry | A8 "Grape Ape" | SPOONFEDTUNING |FOURSEASONTUNING|DUBNUTZ|
      Quote Originally Posted by pileofredparts View Post
      Do you guys remember the time that Ryan kid started mixing and matching rods and end caps and then his motor wouldnt turn over? I do

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado VRSEXT & The Daily Yoda Echo hatch
      11-03-2010 11:33 AM #5
      Toffeerado

Don't know where people get their info from
      Apparently someone told this guy only 87 1995 Corrados were ever made and only sold in canada. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...962587521.html
      It just shows how some people are not all that interested in there cars, a quick google search would show him that there are a ton in europe.
      He selling this car cause he got a mk4 R32

So what? his wording if off I still understood what he meant from his post " 87 came to North America and in Canada only"

This is hilarious coming from a guy whos english is terrible
      You would rather make a posting online and bash the person than simply send them a message and let them know there add is posted incorrectly

Last edited by Radvr6T; 11-03-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Vehicles
      2 SLC's, M3, M5, Duramax 3500, STV Euro, 1198 Duc, Turbo Busa, R6 Track bike
      11-03-2010 12:02 PM #6
      Ego's around here, they're big and plentiful

Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado, 98 Subaru Legacy
      11-03-2010 12:07 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Toffeerado View Post
      Now I see why people don't like you, you're super annoying your response is wtf does it have to do with anything? I was not asking a question.
      Get over yourself, I just read through quickly and posted.

Vehicles
      Corrado SLC, Audi A8 QUATTRO
      11-03-2010 12:24 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob View Post
      Ego's around here, they're big and plentiful
      Coming from one closed minded idiot who has a HUGE ego.

Stop posting, you never really have input that is of value. JamesS at least provides comic relief.

Kiss my RS's.
      |Corrado SLC 2.9LVR6|Corrado Keyless Entry | A8 "Grape Ape" | SPOONFEDTUNING |FOURSEASONTUNING|DUBNUTZ|
      Quote Originally Posted by pileofredparts View Post
      Do you guys remember the time that Ryan kid started mixing and matching rods and end caps and then his motor wouldnt turn over? I do

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      11-03-2010 01:13 PM #9
      Wow, nice thread

I thought Canadians were peaceful people ............
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      11-03-2010 02:07 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post
      Wow, nice thread

I thought Canadians were peaceful people ............
      Apparently there is a Canadian civil war brewing up in the Corrado forum.

Everyone get a good seat and bring popcorn
      Phenix Engineering - Because race car
      SPOONFEDTUNING - For all of your carbon fiber Corrado needs.
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      11-03-2010 03:16 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by TheBurninator View Post
      Apparently there is a Canadian civil war brewing up in the Corrado forum.

Everyone get a good seat and bring popcorn

Damn, Chad is lucky...he can enjoy them even while driving
      Last edited by RedYellowWhite; 11-03-2010 at 03:35 PM.
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      90 Corrado G60, 93 Corrado VR6
      11-03-2010 04:29 PM #12
      So perhaps like you, he doesn't grasp the language all that well and made an error.

Zere's no Canada like french Canada, it's the best Canada in ze land.

Really dude, that's it... your bitching about some stupid post because it annoys you? What doesn't annoy you, geesh? They don't have a pouting emoticon, so I leave it at that.

Vehicles
      01 TTQ 91Gsexty
      11-03-2010 06:23 PM #13
      Did I step into the MKIV forums by accident? Too bad this forum has gone to $hit. not like the old days. guys like Saabfan, G60ING, MrKrad, StricktlyGravy, Cramer, Zarmann ect were the reason why this forum was the best. So much innovation and discussion back then. Now everyone bashes each other and their whips.

The most appealing part of owning a corrado was its rarity (still is) and the other tormented souls (like myself) that drive them. These tormented souls use to jump at the chance to help a fellow corrado guy. The corrado gave us all a common bond. not like that anymore... really sad.

Vehicles
      92 Corrado 07 Mercedes e350 04 Touareg
      11-03-2010 09:17 PM #14
      "When you see the Taliban run over the horizon you open fire immediately!"

"Ok so when I see Pat Tillman come over the horizon I shoot him?"

Sorry this is as about as relevant as most of these posts anyway.

Vehicles
      1990 VRT Corrado, 2013 TDI Jetta Sportwagen, 1992 Triple White Cabriolet, 2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins
      11-03-2010 09:43 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by SlammedGolfIII View Post
      If it makes a difference, I really do miss my g60 Love my VRT to death but I wish I had the g60 also.......Thinking about building another one for my fiance for next year
      Your fiance should break up with you if you give her a G60. That's like giving her a cubic zirconia for a engagement ring...
      N.E.R.D.

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      11-03-2010 09:46 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post

Damn, Chad is lucky...he can enjoy them even while driving

When I popped up in here, I really was thinking there is alot of misleading or conflicting information on the forums lately, guess not really lately, but...

Take for example, reading through the first 6 of the 57 pages of the 16vABA sticky, I must have found half a dozen different responses for the CR of the ABA 16v with 9a pistons

Posted a question about it and got a completely different CR, now, or apparently rather, it is from 8.5-10:1, WTF???...........

Guess I've just gotta figure it out for myself, put the head on, turn to piston 1 to BDC and fill cylinder with sand, carefully flip back over, capture sand and measure volume, then do same order, but at TDC, then do a compression test
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado | '62 Harley Panhead
      11-04-2010 12:33 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post

When I popped up in here, I really was thinking there is alot of misleading or conflicting information on the forums lately, guess not really lately, but...

Take for example, reading through the first 6 of the 57 pages of the 16vABA sticky, I must have found half a dozen different responses for the CR of the ABA 16v with 9a pistons

Posted a question about it and got a completely different CR, now, or apparently rather, it is from 8.5-10:1, WTF???...........

Guess I've just gotta figure it out for myself, put the head on, turn to piston 1 to BDC and fill cylinder with sand, carefully flip back over, capture sand and measure volume, then do same order, but at TDC, then do a compression test
      This thread should be in the MkiV forum..

Anyway, since it was never on topic, here is a rule to live by:

Read the Vortex frequently, absorb information, Trust virtually Nothing.

Anyway, sand? Silly, you use light oil...

Build: Project sc2020

My G60 now on MS3 | 4Cyl Torque Plate Rental | 02M Mounts

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado VRSEXT & The Daily Yoda Echo hatch
      11-04-2010 12:42 AM #18
      Toffeerado

Uhhh what??? I'm not bashing anyone, I'm simply showing how people are misinformed and don't bother to research. Why the hell would I waste the guys time and tell him he is wrong when he obviously does not care.
      Is that all you can say about me your grammar sucks that's old news on vortex about 6 years old and I haven't changed my ways, it's vortex I don't care.
      I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut Tyler I have nothing to say about you.
      You ask me in your thread
      Quote Originally Posted by Radvr6T View Post
      why u delete me on Facebook?
      and now you're saying **** about me

For the record Im not talking **** about you Im just stating a fact that your grammar and English is poor

I personally dont have an issue with you Dorian--- its more your attitude and the way you go about things. You act like you know it all and your King ****. Constantly being Rude to people and be-littling them to make yourself "feel better". Maybe try and help rather than be so negative about the situation. Like G'D60 said The corrado gave us all a common bond

Ne ways hope you've all enjoyed this thread

19. 11-04-2010 01:00 AM #19
      Loud noises!!!! Rahrahrah!!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by BlueVR View Post

yes i am still into Vag...

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      11-04-2010 02:04 AM #20

My guess would be the area of 10:1.

Think about it this way. 9A pistons come out of the deck a touch on a 9A block and are flat except for valve reliefs. ABA pistons sit in the block and are dished.

ABA bottom end with a 16v head is 8:1 compression. Swap the pistons and it should be near 10:1 since a 9A is 10.5:1.

IIRC ABA head combustion chamber CC is 23cc or 24cc 16v is 34cc(could be off a bit on the 16v but I know it is close)

When you do your setup Chad you should document this stuff so I can keep it in my Rolodex of VW knowledge that I will never apply but can verbally regurgitate on command.
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

Vehicles
      11-04-2010 08:34 AM #21

Think about it this way. 9A pistons come out of the deck a touch on a 9A block and are flat except for valve reliefs. ABA pistons sit in the block and are dished.

ABA bottom end with a 16v head is 8:1 compression. Swap the pistons and it should be near 10:1 since a 9A is 10.5:1.

IIRC ABA head combustion chamber CC is 23cc or 24cc 16v is 34cc(could be off a bit on the 16v but I know it is close)

When you do your setup Chad you should document this stuff so I can keep it in my Rolodex of VW knowledge that I will never apply but can verbally regurgitate on command.
      It should be even easier than that.

9a has 144mm Rods
      ABA has 159 MM rods
      - Diff of 15mm
      9a Deck height of 220
      ABA deck height of 236
      - Diff of 16mm

Net Gain of 1mm Deck height (or 1.7cc more)

so comp should be ~ 10.4:1 (as an educated Guess) (9a stock is 10.8:1) - I would have to do the calcs to be exact.

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      11-04-2010 08:59 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by sdezego View Post
      Anyway, sand?
      I figured that's what all the "cool" guys were using

Will do, e-gurgitate away dood

It should be even easier than that.

9a has 144mm Rods
      ABA has 159 MM rods
      - Diff of 15mm
      9a Deck height of 220
      ABA deck height of 236
      - Diff of 16mm

Net Gain of 1mm Deck height (or 1.7cc more)

so comp should be ~ 10.4:1 (as an educated Guess) (9a stock is 10.8:1) - I would have to do the calcs to be exact.
      We'll see Shawn, way to early to do simple math right now But don't forget about the 1mm gain on the re-bush of the wrist pins ......

Guess I'm gonna need to do a little re-calculation with the setup, really thought I could bring the CR down to 9:1 without use of a thicker head gasket, may need to tho, definitely not going to be purchasing new pistons being unemployed and all. That would put the bottom end beyond the 1k mark

BTW, what was not taken into account in your math was the crank, I don't believe they are the same, but have not gotten in that deep either. I should have both cranks (& blocks) next week 9a & ABA

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      11-04-2010 10:16 AM #23
      BTW, what was not taken into account in your math was the crank, I don't believe they are the same, but have not gotten in that deep either. I should have both cranks (& blocks) next week 9a & ABA
      After thinking about it, my drop was a bit overzealous anyway. 1.7cc would likely only drop less than about .2 if I had to guess.

I did forget that the rebush would change it, but not by 1mm (only by 1/2mm or radius diff). so then the end result would be that the combo produces a similar CR as the 9a with less than 1cc difference.

Both 9a and ABA are 2L (1984cc) with 82.5 B and 92.8 S

11-04-2010 10:51 AM #24

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      11-04-2010 01:01 PM #25
      I did forget that the rebush would change it, but not by 1mm (only by 1/2mm or radius diff). so then the end result would be that the combo produces a similar CR as the 9a with less than 1cc difference.
      That was something I was unsure of. How much of a difference the rebush would make.

But I knew it wasn't anywhere close to 8:1 compression on this setup. It wouldn't make sense.

Chad head spacer and be done. They are re-usable and work well.

Vehicles
      11-04-2010 03:00 PM #26
      That was something I was unsure of. How much of a difference the rebush would make.

But I knew it wasn't anywhere close to 8:1 compression on this setup. It wouldn't make sense.

Chad head spacer and be done. They are re-usable and work well.
      Didn't wanna really go that route, just seems "cheezy to me" to do head spacers, just build the engine to the compression you wish to achieve, although have heard of plenty of people running them with no "heard of" bad responses

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      11-04-2010 03:05 PM #27
      Didn't wanna really go that route, just seems "cheezy to me" to do head spacers, just build the engine to the compression you wish to achieve, although have heard of plenty of people running them with no "heard of" bad responses
      It is a viable solution if you don't want to use the stock ABA bottom end and want the 9A pistons.

The downside is you change the combustion chamber a bit since you are technically adding to it.

Vehicles
      11-04-2010 06:35 PM #28
      It is a viable solution if you don't want to use the stock ABA bottom end and want the 9A pistons.

The downside is you change the combustion chamber a bit since you are technically adding to it.

...........Couldn't find a bank, so tomorrow And thanks about the call

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      11-04-2010 06:41 PM #29
      ...........Couldn't find a bank, so tomorrow And thanks about the call
      Deff do what we discussed on the phone. That is a killer deal. Too good to pass up

Vehicles
      11-04-2010 07:11 PM #30
      Deff do what we discussed on the phone. That is a killer deal. Too good to pass up

and a new sachs clutch kit thrown in to sweeten the deal