Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 168

    Thread: Pictures of my 24v VR6TT even though it's not finished...

    1. 02-01-2012 04:12 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by Ramo View Post
      Sweet mother of god... that's the business! Soooo... how much HP are you planning to put down or expecting?

      GREAT WORK!
      the amount he is expecting and the amount he is putting down will be two entirley different things with a front wheel drive car! lol

    2. Member Ramo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Fontana, SoCal
      Posts
      170
      Vehicles
      03 GTI VR6 24V
      02-02-2012 02:49 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by chaffe View Post
      the amount he is expecting and the amount he is putting down will be two entirley different things with a front wheel drive car! lol
      Okay... correction... how much hp are you expecting???

    3. Junior Member veesix32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2011
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      99
      Vehicles
      04 vw 4 motion bora
      02-06-2012 04:40 AM #128
      Mate once again the build looks F%^# N awesome, the way its been built pipes,welds etc are spot on. That's one super designed install!!! IMO the best. Turn that key with pride man.


      Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

    4. Moderator DannyLo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2006
      Location
      631/203
      Posts
      13,269
      Vehicles
      Not Vortex Approved
      02-06-2012 12:34 PM #129
      I can't wait to see this thing man! It looks amazing.

      I think a ride trade is in order that way we can get 1st hand back-to-back experience on how different the powerbands feel from the twins to the big single turbo in my car

    5. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      02-06-2012 12:36 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by spitfire481 View Post
      if its anything like last year, very fast
      I don't want another ticket in VA! I'll stick to the speed limit in that state...

      Quote Originally Posted by Ramo View Post
      Sweet mother of god... that's the business! Soooo... how much HP are you planning to put down or expecting?

      GREAT WORK!
      Each turbo is rated for up to 300hp, so I figure 400hp daily and 500+ on the dyno would be safe estimates... Again, I'm guessing.

      Quote Originally Posted by veesix32 View Post
      Mate once again the build looks F%^# N awesome, the way its been built pipes,welds etc are spot on. That's one super designed install!!! IMO the best. Turn that key with pride man.


      Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.
      Thanks man!
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    6. 02-10-2012 09:51 AM #131
      awesome car! i applaud the fabricators for such nice looking work! i noticed the lines to the charge cooler are rigid and was wondering what is going to happen when the engine/trans move under load?

    7. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      02-10-2012 12:49 PM #132
      The chargecooler will move with the engine and trans. There may be a small attachment point to the bay, but that will be made so that it allows for the movement.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    8. Member turbonium89's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2008
      Location
      palm springs
      Posts
      405
      Vehicles
      1973 jeep wagoneer, rip 02 gli vr6 24v
      02-10-2012 02:31 PM #133
      what else has to be done. like what is on your to do list still. i am just completing a semi wire tuck and deleted a few things like sai, evap, and pcv is routed to a catch can. i'm only N/A and with all this room in the bay make forced induction verrrrwy veerrrrwwy temmpting. especially after seeing the craftsmanship in your build. well done man. are you gonna be tracking the car? or is this purely show and daily driven fun?
      Living fast in the the slow lane. Still have a vw though. Sometimes that's just enough

    9. 02-10-2012 07:08 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post
      The chargecooler will move with the engine and trans. There may be a small attachment point to the bay, but that will be made so that it allows for the movement.
      pretty neat. would you consider using a heim joint? pretty rigid n inexpensive. prob make up a nice mounting system.

    10. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      02-10-2012 07:25 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by turbonium89 View Post
      what else has to be done. like what is on your to do list still. i am just completing a semi wire tuck and deleted a few things like sai, evap, and pcv is routed to a catch can. i'm only N/A and with all this room in the bay make forced induction verrrrwy veerrrrwwy temmpting. especially after seeing the craftsmanship in your build. well done man. are you gonna be tracking the car? or is this purely show and daily driven fun?
      I'd love to track the car, but I have to learn how to drive on a track first! I plan on dailying the car, except for the winter.

      Quote Originally Posted by rxfx101 View Post
      pretty neat. would you consider using a heim joint? pretty rigid n inexpensive. prob make up a nice mounting system.
      There's a heim joint attaching the charge cooler to the transmission via a brace that Tyrolsport Greg made. There are some pictures of the brace and joint earlier in the thread.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    11. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      02-10-2012 07:26 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
      I can't wait to see this thing man! It looks amazing.

      I think a ride trade is in order that way we can get 1st hand back-to-back experience on how different the powerbands feel from the twins to the big single turbo in my car
      I missed your post! This is a good idea. In sure the powerbands are quite different.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    12. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2011
      Location
      Chattanooga, TN
      Posts
      26
      Vehicles
      2003 VTI VR6 24v
      02-11-2012 02:05 AM #137
      Awesome car! What I wouldn't give just to be able to drive this for a weekend.
      VRAlliance #64

    13. 02-14-2012 08:23 AM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post
      Thought I'd throw some pictures up here since many of you don't venture into the Mk. IV forum.

      If you've got any questions or comments, fire away.







      ahh i missed these! very nice. really appreciate the packaging

    14. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      03-07-2012 10:24 AM #139
      Finally, it runs!!!!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqup7...e_gdata_player

      That buzzing is the Aeromotive fuel pump.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    15. Member GRN6IX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2nd, 2003
      Location
      East Windsor, CT
      Posts
      4,010
      Vehicles
      2003 GTi VR6, 2006 Touareg V8
      03-07-2012 10:52 AM #140
      That is one loud pump!! Congrats on getting her running

    16. Member Medic83's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2005
      Location
      LI, NY
      Posts
      2,187
      Vehicles
      08 SRT8 Cherokee, 03 GLI VRT (sold)
      03-07-2012 12:10 PM #141
      About time!!!!
      eurotuner 4/2010

    17. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      03-07-2012 12:34 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by GRN6IX View Post
      That is one loud pump!! Congrats on getting her running
      I'm considering Dynamat or some sound deadener for that pump...

      Quote Originally Posted by Medic83 View Post
      About time!!!!
      You got that right! I'm glad you're still on the forums enough to catch the thread.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    18. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      03-07-2012 05:27 PM #143
      Spoke to Tyrolsport Greg and he said that the buzzing is actually someone in the shop using a whizz wheel! Thank God for that.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    19. 03-08-2012 04:05 PM #144
      Finally, Congratulations!
      How long did that take?
      -to lazy to find the original thread...

    20. Junior Member veesix32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2011
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      99
      Vehicles
      04 vw 4 motion bora
      03-09-2012 01:55 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post
      Finally, it runs!!!!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqup7...e_gdata_player

      That buzzing is the Aeromotive fuel pump.


      Man that sounds sweet

    21. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      03-09-2012 08:45 AM #146
      Skeil... the link to the main build thread is in my signature.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    22. 03-09-2012 01:24 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus
      Skeil... the link to the main build thread is in my signature.
      HAHA!
      Rictus > Skeil

    23. 03-13-2012 10:29 PM #148
      wow that is an absolutely fantastic build, it took me quiiiiite a while to read through it all you are very talented my friend, incredible work wow keep it up

      would love to see more video

    24. Moderator Mr. Rictus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2004
      Location
      Buchanan, NY
      Posts
      18,175
      Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      03-14-2012 08:55 AM #149
      I haven't even seen the car in person yet!

      I'll be sure to get more videos and pics. once the car is really up and about.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

      My Dead Build Thread

    25. Member 93audi90's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 8th, 2005
      Location
      Buffalo, Ny
      Posts
      2,151
      Vehicles
      2003 24V GLI
      03-15-2012 09:01 PM #150
      damn would like to see a dyno once its all finished

    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •