Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Regional Classifieds Created

1. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      11-11-2010 12:38 AM #1
      Post in here with any questions/comments about the regional classifieds.

- Anthony

Vehicles
      '87 GLi
      11-11-2010 01:49 AM #2
      Very nice, but why separate it by car and parts instead of just the general WTB and WTS threads that existed before? IMO they were a bit better suited because of the amount of diversified items people sell locally versus the Classifieds style you guys have gone for.
      Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
      How I open my girl everyday ... stick your finger in, move it around, and when you find the right spot, she'll open right up

Vehicles
      Some Weird Blue Wookie Car
      11-11-2010 02:38 AM #3
      I can see the "parts" and "cars" sections being a little bit more organized. Not sure if this was mentioned in your explanation but... if we have clothing items, or anything other then just "parts" and ''cars'' for sale, Where are we supposed to post those? Other then posting them on the clothing section on the community and lifestyle threads?
      Dublounge.

Vehicles
      '87 GLi
      11-11-2010 02:59 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisVWkitch View Post
      I can see the "parts" and "cars" sections being a little bit more organized. Not sure if this was mentioned in your explanation but... if we have clothing items, or anything other then just "parts" and ''cars'' for sale, Where are we supposed to post those? Other then posting them on the clothing section on the community and lifestyle threads?
      Agreed which is why I think going back to the WTB/WTS format with the new sub forums would be more beneficial, unless the new sub forums aren't going to be cleared quarterly like the previous threads.
      Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
      How I open my girl everyday ... stick your finger in, move it around, and when you find the right spot, she'll open right up

5. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-11-2010 11:37 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by iwanaleya View Post
      Agreed which is why I think going back to the WTB/WTS format with the new sub forums would be more beneficial, unless the new sub forums aren't going to be cleared quarterly like the previous threads.
      These are never going to be cleared - they are just normal classifieds forums. It would be a mess if we didn't organize it somehow. Besides, this is exactly how the model specific classifieds are organized, so it made sense to standardize it across the board.

Since we are car site, the miscellaneous items for sale are not a priority. However, with that said, I don't have an issue adding an additional miscellaneous classifieds regional forum at a later date. Let's see how this goes first.

- Anthony

6. 11-11-2010 03:06 PM #6
      I like the way you have organized it now part or cars however I do think there should be a mis cat for that random crap people think it worth a million dollars

Vehicles
      Some Weird Blue Wookie Car
      11-11-2010 04:42 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      These are never going to be cleared - they are just normal classifieds forums. It would be a mess if we didn't organize it somehow. Besides, this is exactly how the model specific classifieds are organized, so it made sense to standardize it across the board.

Since we are car site, the miscellaneous items for sale are not a priority. However, with that said, I don't have an issue adding an additional miscellaneous classifieds regional forum at a later date. Let's see how this goes first.

- Anthony
      I totally understand that this is a car site and obviously it is more centered towards cars, and car parts. I just wanted to bring that topic to the table. I was just thinking for future references, just so I don't post something somewhere, were I'm not supposed to.
      Dublounge.

11-13-2010 11:26 AM #8
      can we post more than 3 pictures per sale now since the items are separate?

9. 11-13-2010 12:46 PM #9
      I would assume since you get your own thread yes

10. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-18-2010 02:27 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by guy022077 View Post
      can we post more than 3 pictures per sale now since the items are separate?
      Yes

11. 11-19-2010 09:53 PM #11
      does anybody know how to post pictures from a personal file. everytime i try i get and message saying to write the "url" of the picture???

12. 11-19-2010 10:33 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by kmj23d View Post
      does anybody know how to post pictures from a personal file. everytime i try i get and message saying to write the "url" of the picture???
      You have to host it through something like photobucket which codes it for the forum, or you can just right click copy and paste in to your reply, I found that has worked. I'm guessing because of the new forum you have that ability

Vehicles
      90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline, 92 Golf GL
      11-24-2010 06:51 PM #13
      I love this idea! But is it possible to do the same with the regular classifieds ie make them subfroums of the car forum? That would help with navigation so much! And cross/misposting
      A2Resource

Vehicles
      2000 Jetta, 1968 Intl Scout
      11-30-2010 08:34 PM #14
      This setup is way better than before for posting and finding parts.

Being able to post all of your items and bump instead of searching through pages and pages of classifieds just to delete and repost your item

15. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-30-2010 09:22 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by VDub2625 View Post
      I love this idea! But is it possible to do the same with the regular classifieds ie make them subfroums of the car forum? That would help with navigation so much! And cross/misposting
      I don't think I share a subforum with more than one category. I agree, it would be nice to show the classifieds as sub-forums of the model forums.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      89 cabby
      12-10-2011 10:09 PM #16
      Please add sub heading to PNW; Washington and Oregon. Because not everyone lists their location.