Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Results 246 to 280 of 343

    Thread: Does anyone here have English Bulldogs???

    1. 05-16-2012 10:50 AM #246
      Hey guys it's great to hear that both of your babies are doing well.

      Hey Joe, I'm about to buy Winston a kiddie pool as well, this weekend. It's funny how Bulldogs love the water. The last one he had he was jumping around in it and popped it, he looked so sad afterwards.....

      Here is a picture of him in the pool right before he popped it, he was tired of playing all day in it.



    2. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      05-25-2012 03:00 PM #247
      Here is one from the other morning. Got out of the shower and Penny was laying like a boss.




    3. Member lonely superstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2003
      Location
      Falls Church VA
      Posts
      1,519
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      06-04-2012 06:33 PM #248
      Just got mine this Saturday! He is such an amazing little pup. Quick question for all of you, how long before you were able to leave them alone for extended periods of time? Mine is 8 weeks, almost 9 and right now we have my neighbor stopping over twice a day.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

      You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

    4. Member street_peddler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2010
      Location
      fay, nc
      Posts
      1,051
      Vehicles
      09 GLI
      06-04-2012 07:08 PM #249
      Quote Originally Posted by lonely superstar View Post
      Just got mine this Saturday! He is such an amazing little pup. Quick question for all of you, how long before you were able to leave them alone for extended periods of time? Mine is 8 weeks, almost 9 and right now we have my neighbor stopping over twice a day.
      i cant recall how long it took us. but we started with crating. eventually moved the ocatagon gate thing. whoever checked on him gradually showed up later an later. until they stopped coming an he could hold it till we got home from work. a little after a year we didnt have to use anything, free to roam. but we do have to put everything up an close doors lol.

      hope that kinda helped
      I HAVE A BEARD. INSTAGRAM - IAMFAKEJESUS

    5. Member lonely superstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2003
      Location
      Falls Church VA
      Posts
      1,519
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      06-04-2012 07:30 PM #250
      Quote Originally Posted by street_peddler View Post
      i cant recall how long it took us. but we started with crating. eventually moved the ocatagon gate thing. whoever checked on him gradually showed up later an later. until they stopped coming an he could hold it till we got home from work. a little after a year we didnt have to use anything, free to roam. but we do have to put everything up an close doors lol.

      hope that kinda helped
      On average, how long are the times when he/she is alone? I am crating too, and he seems to really like it.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

      You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

    6. Member street_peddler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2010
      Location
      fay, nc
      Posts
      1,051
      Vehicles
      09 GLI
      06-04-2012 09:20 PM #251
      well me an wife are on same schedule. 9-6, so someone would check around 1, in the crate he would try to hold as long as possible due to no room. sometimes he would still have to go. but the key is just making sure of them going on routine. before u leave an when you get home. so right now hes going about 8-9 hours. and like a said at first its was 3-4 hours, then gradually lasted longer. we only feed him in the morn an at night. we dont leave him food. just water.
      I HAVE A BEARD. INSTAGRAM - IAMFAKEJESUS

    7. Member lonely superstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2003
      Location
      Falls Church VA
      Posts
      1,519
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      06-05-2012 11:41 AM #252
      Quote Originally Posted by street_peddler View Post
      well me an wife are on same schedule. 9-6, so someone would check around 1, in the crate he would try to hold as long as possible due to no room. sometimes he would still have to go. but the key is just making sure of them going on routine. before u leave an when you get home. so right now hes going about 8-9 hours. and like a said at first its was 3-4 hours, then gradually lasted longer. we only feed him in the morn an at night. we dont leave him food. just water.
      Ok, thanks for the tips! He is on his second day, I leave him at 9:30, neighbor checks on him at noon and my partner checks on him at 2 and is home by 4:30. He is doing really good, watching him on u stream right now and his is still sleeping two hours later
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

      You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

    8. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      9,669
      Vehicles
      How does it drive like that?
      06-05-2012 02:47 PM #253
      Quote Originally Posted by lonely superstar View Post
      Ok, thanks for the tips! He is on his second day, I leave him at 9:30, neighbor checks on him at noon and my partner checks on him at 2 and is home by 4:30. He is doing really good, watching him on u stream right now and his is still sleeping two hours later
      Congratulations and get used to seeing him sleep. ( Bulldog Problems) lol
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be famous

    9. Member lonely superstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2003
      Location
      Falls Church VA
      Posts
      1,519
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      06-05-2012 02:57 PM #254
      Quote Originally Posted by joebags View Post
      Congratulations and get used to seeing him sleep. ( Bulldog Problems) lol
      Thanks! I like the sleeping part, what problems are you speaking of?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

      You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

    10. 06-05-2012 03:23 PM #255
      Dogs will typically sleep the majority of the time they are left alone. I think joebags was stating 'problems' in a more sarcastic fashion.

      Rule of thumb for the whole potty training deal: Their age in months = the hours of intervals which they should be taken out. Puppies really can't control their badder, so when they need to go, they go. The above rule works out fairly well, although all dogs are different. But, routine is key. That way you know when they should go and have better control on accidents within the house.

      Congrats on the pup - you should post some pictures (unless I missed them).

    11. Member lonely superstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2003
      Location
      Falls Church VA
      Posts
      1,519
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      06-05-2012 03:25 PM #256
      Quote Originally Posted by STOICH View Post
      Dogs will typically sleep the majority of the time they are left alone. I think joebags was stating 'problems' in a more sarcastic fashion.

      Rule of thumb for the whole potty training deal: Their age in months = the hours of intervals which they should be taken out. Puppies really can't control their badder, so when they need to go, they go. The above rule works out fairly well, although all dogs are different. But, routine is key. That way you know when they should go and have better control on accidents within the house.

      Congrats on the pup - you should post some pictures (unless I missed them).
      Ok, thank you. I would post pics if I knew how to
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

      You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

    12. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      06-05-2012 04:00 PM #257
      One from the other day.


    13. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      06-05-2012 04:08 PM #258
      Quote Originally Posted by lonely superstar View Post
      Just got mine this Saturday! He is such an amazing little pup. Quick question for all of you, how long before you were able to leave them alone for extended periods of time? Mine is 8 weeks, almost 9 and right now we have my neighbor stopping over twice a day.
      Honestly I cant remember. My gf would come home after school for a few hours and then go to work. But then I would get home from work. We use to leave Penny in the bathroom with a pet gate in the door way. She did find. We have another dog so she did just fine.

    14. 06-15-2012 12:09 AM #259
      [IMG]

      [IMG]

    15. Member lonely superstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2003
      Location
      Falls Church VA
      Posts
      1,519
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      06-15-2012 06:43 PM #260
      Our little guy is doing good with the crate training as well as the potty training. Have only had 2 accidents and those were our fault. Did have a bit of a scare starting yesterday. He vomited a couple times and again this morning. Made an appointment with the vet and got him at 9am this morning. I left him there for a couple hours for observation. She called me and said that he had a minor intestinal infection. Put him on an IV and gave him an antibiotic. He is at home and playing with his new rope toy like nothing ever happend
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

      You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

    16. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      9,669
      Vehicles
      How does it drive like that?
      06-15-2012 11:13 PM #261
      EvoJetta- I love that 2nd pic its like a big smile, lol

      Lonely superstar- I had a similar issue when our guy was a pup, we had him out side and he drank from a puddle which lead to a stomach infection. He was so sensitive to things. Over time we found out he is allergic to BEES, SWEET POTATOES, FLEAS, AND THE TYPICAL SEASONAL ALLERGIES
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be famous

    17. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      06-26-2012 11:02 AM #262
      Here is a few more of Penny and our boston Reign.





      this one is from sunday morning. Penny was going crazy then sat like this on the couch.

      Last edited by BrownBag; 06-26-2012 at 11:06 AM.

    18. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      06-26-2012 11:04 AM #263
      EvoJetta pic #2

    19. 06-26-2012 04:48 PM #264
      Thanks guys!!! Yeah Winston does look like he is smiling huh???


      Brown bag that picture of Penny on the couch with her arm over the arm rest Winston does the same thing. He also loves doing that when we go for a car drive. He sticks his head out and has one arm outside the window it's hilarious. I'll try to take a picture so I can show you guys.

    20. Member deletedo1m's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 9th, 2007
      Location
      WC,PA
      Posts
      5,243
      Vehicles
      97 TR jetta, 87 jetta, 81 caddy, 95 cbr600
      06-26-2012 07:28 PM #265
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Thanks guys!!! Yeah Winston does look like he is smiling huh???


      Brown bag that picture of Penny on the couch with her arm over the arm rest Winston does the same thing. He also loves doing that when we go for a car drive. He sticks his head out and has one arm outside the window it's hilarious. I'll try to take a picture so I can show you guys.
      Mine does the same thing in the car. Makes me laugh every time.
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

    21. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      06-27-2012 11:56 AM #266
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post

      Brown bag that picture of Penny on the couch with her arm over the arm rest Winston does the same thing. He also loves doing that when we go for a car drive. He sticks his head out and has one arm outside the window it's hilarious. I'll try to take a picture so I can show you guys.
      LoL it must be a bully thing. Penny does the same when she sits up front

    22. 07-03-2012 07:08 PM #267
      Well my family's circumstances have become such that we are ready for a dog YESSS. I love english bulldogs sooo much and would love to have one. However he's just not quite the fit for my family. However from my research (so far) I think that the next best dog that comes very close would be the olde English bulldog, bigger yes but without a lot of the common health issues that EBD's tend to have. I still have to find out if the OEBD is a major slobber though...The research and search continues.

      Everyone your EBD's look fabulous
      Last edited by RENOG; 07-03-2012 at 07:10 PM.

    23. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      9,669
      Vehicles
      How does it drive like that?
      07-04-2012 05:49 PM #268
      I finally got his pool last week, he loved it and today is just a relaxing day off with him.




      The view when i watch TV


      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be famous

    24. 07-04-2012 09:51 PM #269
      Awesome pictures Joe!!! I stil havent bought Winston his pool. I'm lagging, but I wil soon. Hopefully by next weekend.

    25. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      9,669
      Vehicles
      How does it drive like that?
      07-23-2012 08:26 PM #270
      Just wondering about funny things your little guys do?

      I just find Topher does some funny things every day. Like if you touch his tail he starts to lick the air. If you make a Fart sound he tries to smell his butt thinking its him. He puts his paws over his eyes if its to bright when he is sleeping. And just tons other stuff, just wondering what you guys notice about yours?
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be famous

    26. Member xXcynicXx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 14th, 2006
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      208
      Vehicles
      07 GTI
      07-24-2012 10:18 AM #271
      Quote Originally Posted by RENOG View Post
      Well my family's circumstances have become such that we are ready for a dog YESSS. I love english bulldogs sooo much and would love to have one. However he's just not quite the fit for my family. However from my research (so far) I think that the next best dog that comes very close would be the olde English bulldog, bigger yes but without a lot of the common health issues that EBD's tend to have. I still have to find out if the OEBD is a major slobber though...The research and search continues.

      Everyone your EBD's look fabulous
      I can't believe I never posted pictures of my OEBD in here. Winston is 2.5 and stable at 75lbs. I pretty damn athletic, and but still spends a majority of his time sleeping. Temperament is just like the EBD that I owned growing up. Haven't had a single health problem with him *crosses fingers*







      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
      Last edited by xXcynicXx; 07-24-2012 at 08:05 PM.
      XBX Live : cynikai

    27. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      07-30-2012 10:46 AM #272
      So I took Penny into the vet last weekend. She keeps getting cysts on her paws. They come and go. I can soak her feet in some epsom salt. Then they go away. The vet was thinking it might be a allergic reaction to her food that I have have been giving her. I have been giving her Royal Canin bulldog food since she was a puppy. I have never had any problems with it until now. So her bag of food is almost gone. I want to try to switch her food and see if thats going to work for her. So im wondering what are some of you using for your bullys for food.


      http://products.royalcanin.us/produc...ulldog-24.aspx

    28. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      08-02-2012 10:03 PM #273
      Here is one from last weekend. We took Penny to that lake. 1st time to a lake and she did a good job swimming.


    29. 08-02-2012 10:36 PM #274
      Awesome

    30. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      9,669
      Vehicles
      How does it drive like that?
      08-03-2012 10:19 PM #275
      Lol I love the lake picture!

      Also we had to take topher to the vet like 2 weeks ago for bumps he gets on his back every summer. So he got his usual summer allergy shot and they are gone.

      Also we had his paws looked at because he always licks them, but they said to use hydrogen peroxide to dry it out and clean them because they will lick to clean in between their toes.

      Also just a update on the "Shakes" he still gets them here and there maybe like 1 or 2 times a week but snaps right out of it when I go to grab a treat for him. We just have grown to it, its not as scratched as when I first saw it happen.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be famous

    31. Member street_peddler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2010
      Location
      fay, nc
      Posts
      1,051
      Vehicles
      09 GLI
      08-03-2012 11:44 PM #276
      2 weeks ago we welcomed 2 girls to the world/family. we worried about how bogart would handle them....hes in love. so far the shots we have got.


      I HAVE A BEARD. INSTAGRAM - IAMFAKEJESUS

    32. Member BrownBag's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Gig Harbor, Wa
      Posts
      4,713
      Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      08-04-2012 12:46 AM #277
      ^^^^^

      Congrats

    33. Member joebags's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      9,669
      Vehicles
      How does it drive like that?
      08-04-2012 01:07 AM #278
      Wow that's great street_peddler congrats, I love that last picture.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be famous

    34. 08-06-2012 05:06 PM #279
      Quote Originally Posted by xXcynicXx View Post
      I can't believe I never posted pictures of my OEBD in here. Winston is 2.5 and stable at 75lbs. I pretty damn athletic, and but still spends a majority of his time sleeping. Temperament is just like the EBD that I owned growing up. Haven't had a single health problem with him *crosses fingers*
      Awesome

      Tell me hows his drool does he slobber constantly, Is it tolerable?

    35. 08-09-2012 10:31 AM #280
      not an english bulldog, but close enough!

      Oscar in the GTI

    Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •