Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here have English Bulldogs???

Vehicles
      0 psi
      01-13-2012 02:39 PM #176
      Penny looks great I love when their teeth pop out its so funny.
      I'll enjoy my car while you try to be internet famous

Vehicles
      2015 GLi
      01-17-2012 01:37 PM #177
      Have any of you experience your bully trying to attack someone. Penny keeps trying to go after my girlfriends step sister. She never did it before. She started to do it and she does it sometimes, not always. Which makes me feel that her step sister might have done something to her. Penny doesn't go after people which is really strange to me.
      Instagram: garcia_edgar_

3. 01-19-2012 10:33 AM #178
      Winston has never gone after anyone, BUT he does go after the vacuum.

Vehicles
      0 psi
      01-19-2012 12:02 PM #179
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Christopher also never anyone but when it comes to the vacuum or lawn mower its attack the wheels time.

I wouldn't think to much into penny going for some one if its not normal for her like you said maybe something was done to her by them?

Last edited by joebags; 01-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Vehicles
      2015 GLi
      01-19-2012 03:37 PM #180
      i think they all do lol
      Instagram: garcia_edgar_

6. 01-19-2012 05:20 PM #181
      Yeah they are funny. He also gets scared very easliy as well. If my gf gets annoyed by him (because he likes to punk her) she will literally get anything and scare him with it. It can be a piece of paper, a cup, a pencil, and she just says "Winston Look" and waves it in the air and he takes off running and barking. Then he comes back to see what it is.....it's hilarious. She hates it because he is very territorial of me. If she wants to hug me or kiss me he right away comes between us and starts biting her tummy, or boobs....I just start laughing my ass off.

7. 01-20-2012 04:17 AM #182
      If the closet door is open, Emma will go bark at the vacuum. She also has issues with the lawnmower, weedeater, and leaf blower. I guess she doesn't like any loud noises.

Growing up, I had a female bulldog (Lucy) that hated all women but my stepmother. It started after she had pups and continued the rest of her life. I've had seven of them, not counting the litters, and she was the only one to have people issues. Lucy was the reason my wife didn't like bulldogs. She was snapped at three times by her, but my wife is the reason I now have Emma. I went to a friend's to see his pups and she fell in love with Emma. So far she's been the best dog I've ever had, but I'm hesitant to breed her.
      Last edited by blind; 01-20-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Vehicles
      1998 Passat 1.8T(gone), 1987 Cabriolet 8v(sold), 1998 New Beetle 1.9l Diesel(sold), 2006 VW GTI 2.0T
      01-20-2012 08:17 AM #183
      Our first bulldog was a rescue. Our neighbors bought him from a family that didn't want him and they had 2 little girls that wanted to play when he wanted to sleep all the time. He snapped (did not bite) them and he was going to be put to sleep if we didn't take him. In the long run we kept him, but he did growl and snap at me when ever I first would go over to his crate or if he took my sock off my foot. When I finally put him in his place, (not my mom or pops) I showed him who was boss and he eased up with me.

Honestly it depends. I'm no expert but I'm on our third bulldog, and I noticed if it's something happening every time, it's the dog. If it's occasional, that person is doing something. If it's every time watch the person but let the person who the dog doesn't like try and be alpha, prove it's higher in command. It's how I got my socks back.

9. 01-20-2012 09:20 AM #184
      I agree with nemo. If you show any fear or recessiveness to the dog, it will take advantage of you. I grew up around large aggressive dogs and never had any issues. But, I was always told to be the dominant one. It's paid off so far but might get me hurt one day.

10. 01-20-2012 01:01 PM #185
      Please do not 'dominate' your dog. The whole alpha/dominance role has been proven to be an out-dated method which originally stemmed from the wolf-pack theory. Since wolves and canines are very different in nature, canines do not operate on the same hierarchy scale that their wolf counterparts do.

By "showing who's boss", you are simply making the dog scared of you. Sure, it gives you the end result you are looking for, but in no way is it correct. And it possibly even encourages more aggressive behavior towards people they don't know. They may be scared of you, but leave the pup alone with someone else and you could have an incident on your hands.

These bulldogs are not typically very aggressive by nature, so when you take in a dog who's behavior is abnormal (from abuse or whatever), it's going to take a lot of work. A hired trainer is even a good idea, because when you put a dog like this into a place where the owner doesn't understand or know how to properly (re)train, dominance is typically what people do because it gives them the end result they are looking for and are simply unaware of the negative impact it has.

I can't really give specifics on how to help in these situations as I'm not fully informed on each count, but I would suggest that you look into a professional trainer or do some research on how to properly adjust a dog's abnormal behavior. I've had great success with using this method: Nothing in Life is Free. Non-dominance approach to training your dog.

My anecdotal piece: Several of my friends own dogs and it's very easy to tell how they were trained. One has a mastiff-mix and her head and ear drop when my friend gives commands to her. It's quite obvious my friend took the dominance approach to training their dog. Sure, the dog is now submissive to practically anything, but the fear in her is fairly transparent.
      Last edited by STOICH; 01-20-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Vehicles
      1998 Passat 1.8T(gone), 1987 Cabriolet 8v(sold), 1998 New Beetle 1.9l Diesel(sold), 2006 VW GTI 2.0T
      01-21-2012 03:01 PM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by STOICH View Post
      Please do not 'dominate' your dog. The whole alpha/dominance role has been proven to be an out-dated method which originally stemmed from the wolf-pack theory. Since wolves and canines are very different in nature, canines do not operate on the same hierarchy scale that their wolf counterparts do.

By "showing who's boss", you are simply making the dog scared of you. Sure, it gives you the end result you are looking for, but in no way is it correct. And it possibly even encourages more aggressive behavior towards people they don't know. They may be scared of you, but leave the pup alone with someone else and you could have an incident on your hands.

These bulldogs are not typically very aggressive by nature, so when you take in a dog who's behavior is abnormal (from abuse or whatever), it's going to take a lot of work. A hired trainer is even a good idea, because when you put a dog like this into a place where the owner doesn't understand or know how to properly (re)train, dominance is typically what people do because it gives them the end result they are looking for and are simply unaware of the negative impact it has.

I can't really give specifics on how to help in these situations as I'm not fully informed on each count, but I would suggest that you look into a professional trainer or do some research on how to properly adjust a dog's abnormal behavior. I've had great success with using this method: Nothing in Life is Free. Non-dominance approach to training your dog.

My anecdotal piece: Several of my friends own dogs and it's very easy to tell how they were trained. One has a mastiff-mix and her head and ear drop when my friend gives commands to her. It's quite obvious my friend took the dominance approach to training their dog. Sure, the dog is now submissive to practically anything, but the fear in her is fairly transparent.

I'm not saying you don't have a point there, but I think it depends on how you're asserting. My dog knows who am and when I say enough he knows. And he's in no way afraid of me. He knows what he's supposed to be doing and he's still a spoiled brat. Mom gives him scraps all the time.

Not saying you don't have a point, but not necessarily valid for all dogs. Example: asserting dominance with a Golden Retriever, probably would put fear in them. Bulldogs have a more stubborn approach to life. The usual training methods have not worked on ANY of my past bulldogs that HAVE worked with my friends goldens.

Either way good luck!

Vehicles
      0 psi
      01-21-2012 03:26 PM #187
      Dominating this snow day!!!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      1996 Chevy C1500, a little black german rocketship
      01-25-2012 05:11 PM #188
      He is also a true gamer!

he is going "get.this.****.off.of.me.now"
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      MRVW00 wasn't always gay. He stumbled upon the nastiest of vag's and turned the corner from Succubus Lane onto Fabulous Avenue.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      Girls I like suck in bed. I prefer angry vicious hate ****ing. Is it ok to have a GF I like and one or two I hate?

Vehicles
      2014 TDI Q5 2015 poop pack challenger
      02-01-2012 10:36 PM #189
      Here are some of Max

puppy

muddy

box

Vehicles
      0 psi
      02-01-2012 10:51 PM #190
      for max he looks great!

Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      02-03-2012 03:15 PM #191
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

17. 02-12-2012 04:20 PM #192
      Here is Winston and his brothers today at the park.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Vehicles
      0 psi
      02-12-2012 05:06 PM #193
      EvoJetta, that harness is bad ass

19. 02-12-2012 05:09 PM #194
      Thanks......i just bought them all 3 today.

Vehicles
      0 psi
      02-12-2012 08:33 PM #195
      My girlfriend really doesn't like Valentine's Day but I surprised her the other day with this purse off ETSY.com she has wanted it, and just thought it was appropriate here.

21. 02-12-2012 09:02 PM #196
      Thanks......i just bought them all 3 today.
      Very nice

Are they D&T?

22. 02-13-2012 11:03 AM #197
      Very nice

Are they D&T?
      What's D&T?

Vehicles
      09 GLI
      02-13-2012 11:47 AM #198
      Quote Originally Posted by joebags View Post
      My girlfriend really doesn't like Valentine's Day but I surprised her the other day with this purse off ETSY.com she has wanted it, and just thought it was appropriate here.
      [IMG] http://img3.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.303046959.jpg [/IMG]
      thats super cool. my wife just fell in love with it. where at on etsy? just in case i cant find

nvm already found it.
      I HAVE A BEARD. INSTAGRAM - IAMFAKEJESUS

24. 02-13-2012 12:14 PM #199
      What's D&T?
      Dean & Tyler - Dog harness/collar/pro-equipment company.

25. 02-13-2012 05:53 PM #200
      Dean & Tyler - Dog harness/collar/pro-equipment company.
      Ahhhhh...............no they are not.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast