Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Employment Thread

Vehicles
      6 Tap Kegerator
      06-19-2011 05:32 AM #36

I forwarded the list to my nephew that has a VW and is looking.
      I really wish everyone would update their location in their profile!

Someone buy my car already!!

Always looking for free firewood to feed my hungry wood stove!

Vehicles
      BMW M Coupe
      06-19-2011 01:49 PM #37
      Great - Thanks!
      Thatcher
      Recaro . KW Automotive
      BMW M Coupe . Porsche 993 C2 RSR

Vehicles
      2006 MK4 GTI, 2012 Golf R
      06-19-2011 01:53 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      i am looking for a job to help move me, the wife an dour three boston terriers to the area. I have several years of VW/Audi experience, but i do not have the tools anymore. i would love a parts job or such. but i am open for ideas. i would need the ability to have some time as we are in Hawaii, and i would have to get a minimum pay rate,etc in order to be able to live there while our lease runs out and my wife packs our stuff.

Please PM me if you are hiring, i have experience in many things actually. from warehosue work, to production line, to medical labratory,etc.

or email me

Chris - chinodrummer@gmail.com

pics for clicks

get this guys a job people, hes very talented and a very nice person to deal with. ive been talking texting and email him for well over a year now and im proud to have been apart of helping him bring his smaller 3071 turbo to well over 400whp.
      PTE5858 custom top mounted from ->Todd Cope's Horsepower Barn

Vehicles
      1984 GLi 20v, '13 335is, '85 Golf, '10 Ninja
      06-22-2011 05:43 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by velocity196 View Post
      get this guys a job people, hes very talented and a very nice person to deal with. ive been talking texting and email him for well over a year now and im proud to have been apart of helping him bring his smaller 3071 turbo to well over 400whp.
      what he said!! onc ei we can move to the PNW..comp 5558 upgrade!! then boosting the wifes M3

thanks Al!!
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG
      Quote Originally Posted by frechem View Post
      I like my women how I like my whiskey; aged 18 years and mixed up with coke.

Vehicles
      95 GTI TDI RALLY CAR
      06-23-2011 11:25 AM #40
      Hey! I'm moving to the Portland area in September and i'll be looking for a Mechanical Engineering position... highly talented product development based engineer with skills in CAD and Machining. I've been working in the medical field for the past 5 years but would LOVE to break into automotive, tools or any other fun exciting field i can use my knowledge to create.

Let me know if you know of anything, are hiring etc...

Willing to fly out for an interview earlier if needed.

Thanks
      Dave

bakersdozenracing@gmail.com for resume

Vehicles
      MKIII PB Whore
      06-24-2011 12:57 PM #41

7. 06-24-2011 01:41 PM #42
      Double J Motorwerks has an opening for an automotive technician. We are a busy, well-established, family owned VW/Audi repair shop located in Portland Oregon. We are looking for a mechanic with experience in diagnosis, maintenance, and general repair for all models of Water-cooled VW and Audi. Personal computers with VAGCOM Cable, and uniforms provided to each technician. We like to have fun at work, but insist on quality work production and good work ethic. Work hours are 8:30 to 5:30, Monday thru Friday.

Requirements:

Needs a minimum 5 years automotive experience; preferable in VW/Audi.
      ASE Certification a plus
      Clean driving record
      Maintain clean and organized work area.
      Your own tools
      Self- motivated
      Clean and neat appearance

Paid holidays, vacation, yearly bonus
      We offer a fair and competitive wage determined by your experience.

To apply, send resume and cover letter to:

carrie@doublejmotorwerks.com

Vehicles
      1995 VW GTI VR6
      06-24-2011 03:13 PM #43
      We are looking for summer interns currently. But are always looking for TA and STE positions too. Even if you are an avid gamer, but don't have any experience, it's possible to get a TA position.

Located in Lincoln Center by Washington Square in Tigard OR

Vehicles
      1980 Mk1 Scirocco, 2003 Passat & a 2000 Eurovan MV
      06-29-2011 11:31 AM #44
      The city of issaquah is currently accepting applications for the position of Facilities Maintenance Worker II. If you or any one you know may be interested in applying, please go to www.govjobstoday.com
      Haters will broadcast your failure but whisper your success.
      --------1980 Mk1 Scirocco--------
      -2000 T4 R32 Powered Eurovan-
      2013 B7 Passat Wolfsburg Edition

Vehicles
      BMW M Coupe
      06-30-2011 12:51 AM #45
      Anyone else?
      Thatcher
      Recaro . KW Automotive

Vehicles
      '91 ITB GTI, '96 VR GTI, '96 .:R32 Harlequin #22, '07 X-Runner
      06-30-2011 01:19 AM #46
      Any mechanical/design engineer positions?
      My Build ThreadDobbin's shoot #1Dobbin's shoot #2Parting out salvaged BMP 2004 R32
      >>>Reasons 1 & 2 NOT to deal with veedubtek!<<<

Vehicles
      06-30-2011 01:14 PM #47
      Meister Werks is hiring:

Position 1) = POSITION FILLED 6.30.11
      Additional part time employee needed. 10-20 hours per week, depending on work load. Could be more. Seeking someone that has little or no experience in the metal finishing business, yet technically inclined. Duties include media blasting, powder coating, metal prepping and other mechanical or automotive related work. Will train all in all areas of our business. Pay DOE.

Position 2)
      Part time sales needed. Commission only. Sales figures will reflect percentage paid on a tear based system. Very handsome commissions on large sales. This is a independent contract style position, but the more you sell the more you make.

•|• Please contact Dave at meister@meister.us.com or toll free at 855.627.0627 •|•
      Last edited by MEISTER; 06-30-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Vehicles
      2002.5, Jetta, 1.8t
      07-05-2011 04:55 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by MEISTER View Post
      Position 1) = POSITION FILLED 6.30.11
      Additional part time employee needed. 10-20 hours per week, depending on work load. Could be more. Seeking someone that has little or no experience in the metal finishing business, yet technically inclined. Duties include media blasting, powder coating, metal prepping and other mechanical or automotive related work. Will train all in all areas of our business. Pay DOE.
      damn it dave... I want that so friggin bad, but 20 hrs is not nearly enough

I am moving in a lil less than 2 months and this damn unemplyment just kicked in but after child support i get 100 a week... I need to get a temp job that will make me 2g or more a month so I can get my baby ready for that huge drive (and so I can keep payments on it)...

STILL im very interested in workin for U if U dont mind a temp guy and if I can find annother part time job too...
      Chaotic Conceptz NW
      Pick your poison

253-273-9861 *txt works wonders... p.m.'n. Me doesn't work well because I do this on mobile web*

Vehicles
      2002.5, Jetta, 1.8t
      07-05-2011 05:17 PM #49
      I need to get a temp job because I am moving in a little less than 2 months. I need to try to make atleast $2,000 or more a month so I can pay my bills, child support, and get my baby ready for a drive from WA to Oklahoma. I have a few issues (like... leaking due to a bad coolant flange, a bad thermastat, and lack of performance due to bolt ons and no tune).
      I dont have much (certifiable) experiance, but I have been a janitor for 6+ years, security for 5 years, and I have done landscaping clean up, tons of yard work, and I can help out in a shop enviroment (but I am not a mechanic, i just work on my car and help friends when they need extra hands). I follow directions well, fast learner, willing to work 5 to 6 days a week, or work 3 to4 days at MANY hours.
      Like I said, I just need a temp job, and I need to make some good money because I have alot to do before I go, and I lost my job about a month ago. I do have a resume, but im looking to be more of a helper, shop hand, clean up, shop b!tch, errand boy, or what ever...
      if anyone needs something like this please email me.

iwaswritten@gmail.com

no do not email info packets or advertisments and no job recruiters... I dont have time for hoops I just need a job and no spam mail!
      Chaotic Conceptz NW
      Pick your poison

253-273-9861 *txt works wonders... p.m.'n. Me doesn't work well because I do this on mobile web*

Vehicles
      PB MK3 Stg 3 VRT , 2012 Chevy Brodozer
      07-09-2011 02:34 PM #50
      Any diesel mechanics out there, medium to heavy duty, apprentice to journeymen would like to work at an international dealership email me
      rubbinvdub@gmail.com

Vehicles
      07-11-2011 02:51 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by ~Enigma~ View Post
      damn it dave... I want that so friggin bad, but 20 hrs is not nearly enough

I am moving in a lil less than 2 months and this damn unemplyment just kicked in but after child support i get 100 a week... I need to get a temp job that will make me 2g or more a month so I can get my baby ready for that huge drive (and so I can keep payments on it)...

STILL im very interested in workin for U if U dont mind a temp guy and if I can find annother part time job too...
      The work is sporadic. I'll keep you in mind if I need more work. Shoot me a email.

Vehicles
      White 2011 VW GTI
      07-11-2011 03:38 AM #52
      Looking for work quick drop down about my skills
      class 12 bar tend license
      unarmed guard license
      3 years mechanic for the army
      cpr certified
      there are more skills I have but those are my highlights

Vehicles
      95 JettaVR
      07-13-2011 12:30 AM #53
      Just moved to Kent WA and I'm looking for an automotive/diesel job. I have training in both but only have experience in a tire shop. If you have something available let me know and I can email/deliver my resume.

Thanks,
      Brandon
      tongue punch the fart box while listening to me rap http://iamtpain.smule.com/trackid/833523

Vehicles
      MKIII PB Whore
      07-13-2011 01:07 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by btardnation View Post
      Just moved to Kent WA and I'm looking for an automotive/diesel job. I have training in both but only have experience in a tire shop. If you have something available let me know and I can email/deliver my resume.

Thanks,
      Brandon
      4 posts up...
      Any diesel mechanics out there, medium to heavy duty, apprentice to journeymen would like to work at an international dealership email me
      rubbinvdub@gmail.com

Vehicles
      95 JettaVR
      07-13-2011 01:14 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by NDubber View Post
      4 posts up...
      rubbinvdub@gmail.com
      I had already sent him an email. Thought it would be a good idea to throw myself out there as well.
      tongue punch the fart box while listening to me rap http://iamtpain.smule.com/trackid/833523

21. 07-16-2011 02:04 PM #56
      I'm looking for a Helpdesk, Desktop/System administrator position.
      Would prefer Tacoma/South Sound area.

I have 10+ years experience in the IT world.

I am A+ Certified and HP certified on a few printers.
      I have experience with the following,
      Operating Systems; Windows XP, Vista, 7, MAC OS, Windows Server 2003/2008, Ubuntu Linux Desktop/Server
      Active Directory; some Exchange email experience
      Remote Desktop, remote support tools (VNC, LogMeIn, etc.)
      Firewall, VPN, NAS, wireless
      VMWare ESX Server 3i

Any leads appreiciated.
      Thanks
      Last edited by dubstax; 07-18-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Vehicles
      BMW M Coupe
      07-21-2011 04:13 PM #57
      I've got more new job openings in Seattle that we are looking to fill immediately, and have VERY competitive compensation ($100k+).
      If any of you are interested, or know someone else would would be a potentially good fit, please feel free to email me with your resume; thatcher.shultz@gmail.com or thatcher@enhancity.com. Thanks!

Systems Analyst

Seeking a Systems Analyst who can support the back-end software systems, databases and processes that support the efficient sales operations. Responsibilities include collaborating with management, other team members, and IT to design, implement, develop, and maintain software systems, SQL Server databases, management reports, processes and tools.

Technical Writer - Senior

The Technical Writing function is a part of the Product Management organization, with a responsibility to produce and maintain a library of accurate and up-to-date Product documentation. In this multifaceted role, you may produce many types of documents including: administration and configuration guides, release notes, and online help systems intended for a range of technical audiences.
      This position will also provide you with the opportunity to impact internal processes and potentially lead new projects as we delve deeper into customer understanding and strive to provide the cleanest, easiest-to-use documentation available in the marketplace. The Technical Writer-Senior may oversee the work of other technical writers and provide input to the technical writing processes and tools.

Quality Assurance Engineer

Seeking a highly motivated Quality Assurance Engineer to participate in a small, talented development group to provide performance and automated testing of Web Services and Web application software. The QA Engineer's main goal is to ensure that products are tested with a documented, repeatable methodology.
      Knowledge of software test principles and procedures, experience with automated testing, and a willingness to adapt to meet project and customer needs are required.

Senior Product Manager

As the Product Manager, you will guide a dynamic, multi-site team that is charged with enhancing and expanding Partner/OEM integrations. This extends from increasing the profitability of exising connectors to expanding the capabilities. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
      You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand real-world problems, and work closely with an engineering team to find innovative solutions for the broader market.

Sybase / SQL Developer

Seeking an Sybase / SQL developer who will be responsible for building/modifying database objects using Sybase, T-SQL, author clear and effective technical analysis and technical design documentation, work within a SCRUM team to produce quality deliverables, provide system support, perform code reviews, etc.

Required Qualifications:
      • Strong experience writing stored procedures, triggers and SQL queries using Transact-SQL
      • Experience with query optimization strategies, concurrency management, locking contention, isolation levels, and database performance
      • Strong working knowledge of data modeling and schema design
      • Experience in Java (J2SE) and/or C# application development
      • Working knowledge of OO design and common design patterns
      • Working experience with SOA and creating web/windows services
      • Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
      • Experience with test-driven development or unit testing a plus
      • Experience working in an Agile development environment
      • Experience working in a Sybase ASE 15.x environment preferred
      • Experience with highly transactional systems a plus
      • Proven track record of delivering quality deliverables
      • Strong communication and organizational skills

Ruby on Rails Developer - Seeking a RoR developer to contribute in a small team of great coders.

Required Skills and background:
      •5 - 7+ years of professional development experience
      •2-3 years’ experience with Ruby on Rails
      •REST
      •Javascript (JQuery experience preferred)
      •AJAX
      •CSS (Level 3)
      •HTML
      •MySQL
      •Postgres
      Highly Desirable Skills:
      •Experience operating an application hosted in AWS
      •Base level understanding of Heroku
      •Experience with GIT and continuous integration servers like Hudson
      •Experience working in a Scrum based environment
      •Cucumber
      •Rspec

MAC OS X and iOS developer - We are creating Mac, iPhone, and iPad applications as part of our larger cross platform strategy. The role requires working with our existing developers to create multiple versions of our client across multiple platforms.

Required Skills and Background:
      •5-7 years experience writing MAC OS X applications
      •2+ years experience writing iPhone applications
      •Demonstrated skills in iPhone/iPad Application Development
      •Contributed to at least one application in the iPhone store
      •Experience interfacing with SaaS applications through a RESTful API
      •Extensive experience with Objective C, Xcode, Cocoa
      •BS in Engineering/Computer Science OR equivalent experience
      Highly Desirable Skills:
      •Experience with Git
      •Worked with continuous integration servers like Hudson
      •Experience working in a Scrum based environment
      Work experience: 3-4years
      Thatcher
      Recaro . KW Automotive

Vehicles
      08 passat
      07-25-2011 03:34 AM #58
      if there are any class a cdl drivers out there with hazmat, tanker endorsement all the fuel delivery companies are hireing. I drive for Harris Transportation and can help you get to who you need to talk to

24. 07-30-2011 11:09 PM #59
      I’m a Residential journeymen electrician looking for work. I have tons of experience in custom homes, track homes, service work and foreman work.

Let me know. Just got a kid and being on unemployment is only so much fun

Vehicles
      S1 Storm 20vSC-AWD, 93 Corrado VR6
      08-05-2011 01:00 PM #60
      Any Architects/Designers or have friends of this type? Looking to transfer out to the greater Seattle area to a firm or also interested in a design/build for arch. application.

M-Arch degree w/ 5 years experience in various areas:
      -design/build
      -health care
      -commercial
      -residential
      -first hand experienced with construction and fabrication methods
      just to name a few.

Any leads please email or send a pm to put me in contact with any friends or employers you may know of.
      mtddesign@gmail.com

thanks,
      Matt

26. Junior Member Calypsovareant's Avatar
      Vehicles
      1993 BMW 325i, 1990 Passat variant, 1979 Alpine white rabbit L westy.
      08-08-2011 02:52 PM #61
      I am in the greater Seattle area and am looking for work in either customer service or graphic design.

Bellow is my digital portfolio:
      http://vikkikinsman.aisites.com/index.html

Email me for my resume:
      vikkikinsman@gmail.com
      follow the little white rabbit!!!

27. 08-13-2011 01:15 AM #62
      Experienced machinist here. Tight tolerances, have my tools. Have a lot of performance engine experience. Portland area. message me for a resume.

Vehicles
      08-19-2011 06:59 PM #63
      Rails to Careers

Informational Sessions

We can offer assistance to help you get employed!!!

A Great Opportunity Awaits You In The Railway Industry at
      Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway

In partnership with Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway,
      Workforce Development Council of Seattle-King County
      and TRAC Associates.

· Must be 18 years or older. H.S. or GED

· Must have been on Unemployment Benefits for 20 weeks or longer OR exhausted Unemployment Benefits

· A great opportunity to work in the Railroad Industry

· Paid opportunity for Conductor Trainee

· Earning potential of up to $41,000 per year after training. Excellent Benefits (valued at about $22,000).

· Will be responsible for the Safe Switching of Railcars and Rail Movement

· Available on-call 24/7 and able to work in all weather (hot, cold, snow, sleet)

· Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license or able to obtain within 90 days of employment

· Must meet drug free requirements. Hair and urine drug screen conducted.

· Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently, 60 pounds occasionally and 75 pounds infrequently.

· Job Placement Assistance provided to qualified candidates. Application and resume assistance to apply for conductor positions also provided.

· For complete job description and requirements see: http://bnsf.com/careers/

If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please send an email request to: bnsf@tracassoc.com
      Email RSVP is required to attend our Informational meetings.
      We will notify you confirmation and meeting time and location.
      PLEASE SUBMIT REQUEST FOR INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS BY WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2011 AT 10:00 A.M.

Appointment for Informational Meetings: Locations and Times: One hour sessions
      Renton 8/25 9:30 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.
      North Seattle 8/26 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
      Auburn 8/29 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
      Rainier Valley 9/2 1:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.

Resume Assistance sessions for BNSF Position will be available. Times and dates to be announced later. Online resume is required as part of the application process.

Application Assistance: Location and Times TBA

TRAC Associates is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.

29. 08-23-2011 03:25 PM #64
      Hey guys, I'm looking for anything part time. I'm headed back to school soon and would love a part time evenings job around Lakewood wa! I went to tech school for collision and I am mechanically inclined so I would really like to work with cars. But i have also done alot of general labor, retail, and customer service type stuff. So if you know or have any evening jobs, available in a hardware store or something along those lines I would love a pm I have a clean driving record, i will have no problems passing a drug test, and i have reliable transportation. Thanks all

Vehicles
      '90 GLI, '99 Passat, '80 Caddy 16V
      08-23-2011 04:17 PM #65
      Our detailer/lot attendant just gave notice today. If you are interested, come in and ask the receptionist for an app. The GM is on vacation so you all know before him!
      Volkswagen of Salem Parts
      /\/\/\ Ask me about 20% off all VW parts and accessories to Vortex members /\/\/\
      Flashover!!

Vehicles
      2004 Cadillac SRX Northstar V8/1995 Mazda Miata
      08-24-2011 04:52 PM #66
      Looking for a Medical Assistant position for a friend, I'm an MA myself but there are no openings currently with my employer. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta
      09-22-2011 03:41 PM #67
      http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/csr/2611965874.html

Bus dealership in Auburn Wa
      Truck or bus parts experienced prefered but automotive experience would certainly be considered.

Vehicles
      06 MKv GLi
      09-28-2011 11:59 AM #68
      Just moved to Central Oregon (Bend area) from DFW Texas! I have 5 plus years of automotive experience, I love German cars, fast learner, great proble
      solver. Does anybody know of companies hiring here in Central Oregon?

Vehicles
      07 VW GLI, 05 Mini Cooper S, 72 BMW 2002
      09-29-2011 07:42 PM #69
      I just moved into a Federal Position so now my old position will be opening up very shortly!

Field Engineering Technician
      Maintaining NOAA Tide gauges along the West coast, Alaska and the Pacific Islands
      Must have a strong electronic/electrical/mechanical background
      Be willing to travel ( I was gone 150+ days last year)
      Be willing to become or already be a diver.....must also be a strong swimmer, there is a swim test before you can get into the NOAA diving program. Being a diver is not a requirement for this position but my office is small, if you can't dive you can't travel, if you can't travel then everyone else travels more...

I will link the actual position once it has officially posted.

35. n00b
      Vehicles
      08 Audi S4 Avant 07 Toyota Tacoma
      10-02-2011 07:03 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by 7797 View Post
      I just moved into a Federal Position so now my old position will be opening up very shortly!
      Curious as to where your office is located? I'm an excellent swimmer, not a registered diver and love to travel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast