Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Employment Thread

Vehicles
      07 VW GLI, 05 Mini Cooper S, 72 BMW 2002
      10-05-2011 07:55 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by beavis&butthead View Post
      Curious as to where your office is located? I'm an excellent swimmer, not a registered diver and love to travel.
      In Seattle on Lake Washington, just up the road from UW

2. n00b
      Vehicles
      08 Audi S4 Avant 07 Toyota Tacoma
      10-06-2011 05:39 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by 7797 View Post
      In Seattle on Lake Washington, just up the road from UW
      excellent. I will stay tuned.

Vehicles
      LG9R Vento
      10-06-2011 07:16 PM #73
      I may be moving to Seattle next May, I'll be looking for employment.
      If you have any leads as to where I could apply let me know.
      I'll be visiting in December.

I have warehouse, machine shop, body shop, and computer experience.

Vehicles
      a few
      10-14-2011 05:17 PM #74
      We have lonely desks here at Zillow in need of person to fill its seat. Is that you? It could be -- Zillow has 23 job openings! See them here: http://bit.ly/99J1te

And the view is not bad

Vehicles
      a few
      10-24-2011 04:56 PM #75
      Anyone looking at those Zillow jobs in Seattle?

Vehicles
      '01 Passat V6 4Mo/'02 Passat 1.8T
      11-01-2011 03:17 AM #76
      Hi there! My name is John, and I'll be moving to Salem the first week in December and will be desperately looking for a job. I've worked on cars for over six years, Volkswagens specifically for two and a half of those. I'm an Eagle Scout, an extremely fast learner, hard-working and motivated, and probably the most personable person you'll ever meet. Willing to do anything that is asked of me, and more. Resume is available to be e-mailed. Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by cubedfreek; 11-01-2011 at 03:19 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Strikelin View Post
      Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.
      Sales Consultant-Volkswagen of Salem
      FreeAntParmenter
      Maintenance is paramount

7. 11-20-2011 04:04 PM #77
      Hopefully this is the appropriate Place for this.

This is for the computer wizards out there. I have a virus on one of my computers that I can't get off. It is called "AV 2011"..it is a fake anti virus program.

If anyone knows how to remove this from my computer and in seattle (down town, queen anne or south lake union)..I will come to you and pay you $100.

Basically i dont trust best buy or office depot to do this correctly.
      email me at brandt.matt at gmail. if you may be able to help.

Vehicles
      91 Turbo Miata, 96 Jetta VR6T, 95 GTI VR6
      11-26-2011 06:39 PM #78
      I am in need of an assistant/shop helper. Do you know how to turn a wrench? Are you willing to do whatever needs to be done around the shop, including cleaning toilets? Do you know how to be efficient?

We work on and sell mk4/mk5 TDI VWs and European Mercedes Smart Cars (not the ones you see at the dealerships, this is the real thing)

If you are interested please send your resume to joshc@greencarco.com

9. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      1979 Rabbit, 1991 Jetta, 1990 Jetta, 2000 Jetta, 1999 A6 Quattro, 2003 A4 Quattro
      11-29-2011 11:05 PM #79
      I have an opening in my warehouse. We are a distributor of Commercial HVAC products. Pay is great and so are hours. Would prefer someone who is a fast learner and self starter with great customer service as we also deal with a number of will calls each day. Job is located in Seattle. If this is you please email resume to brady@air-commodities.com.

Thanks

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta 1.8T
      12-04-2011 11:18 PM #80
      Any Mechanical Engineering Internships??? Student with Junior standing at St. Martins, est. graduation date May 2013. Strong hands-on work. Knowledge in welding, Lathe and Milling work. Excellent theoretical understanding in Manufacturing, Thermodynamics and Materials. Will e-mail resume, please PM.
      If only someone would pay me to do this.

Vehicles
      Avant, GolfIII
      12-11-2011 03:41 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by VEE-DUBBER View Post
      I am in need of an assistant/shop helper. Do you know how to turn a wrench? Are you willing to do whatever needs to be done around the shop, including cleaning toilets? Do you know how to be efficient?

We work on and sell mk4/mk5 TDI VWs and European Mercedes Smart Cars (not the ones you see at the dealerships, this is the real thing)

If you are interested please send your resume to joshc@greencarco.com
      Wish I'd seen this when you posted it...

Vehicles
      2014 Audi A4 Quattro
      12-12-2011 07:35 PM #82
      We are a 6 year old multi-million dollar corporation on pace to do One Billion Dollars by Spring 2012. We have tens of thousands of representatives across North America.
      We are currently doing business in three different countries: USA, Canada, and Jamaica and will be opening in 30 overseas countries in 2012.

We have tens of thousands satisfied clients all over North America and because of their satisfaction they actually refer business to us on a monthly basis.

We have been in a number of different publications. Do you know Success Magazine? Entrepreneur Magazine? How about Forbes? Or maybe The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch?

We have been in those publications dozens of times in the past 2 years. We are founded by Ryan Blair, Blake Mallen, and Nick Sarnicola and the name of our company is ViSalus Sciences.

Have you heard of us?

Check us out today! www.SeattleBodyByVi.com

This is commission based opportunity and as a fitness professional or Weight-loss expert you will use this as the nutrition your clients need to achieve the results they want.

-Sean
      425-750-5007

13. 01-01-2012 08:12 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by JettiKnight View Post
      Wish I'd seen this when you posted it...

Same here.

Vehicles
      1980 Mk1 Scirocco, 2003 Passat & a 2000 Eurovan MV
      01-03-2012 02:33 PM #84
      Meister Werks is hiring a temp position for next week, possibly longer. The job will be working with vinyl signage. We expect the person to show up on time (9am) and work 8 hours per day. You will help with assisting weeding, taping vinyl and applying vinyl graphics to many high end dealership courtesy shuttle vehicles. Attention to detail is a must. Experience preferred, but can train. Knowledge of cars a plus. Pay DOE.

Please email a resume and/or portfolio of your attention to detail to meister@meister.us.com.
      Haters will broadcast your failure but whisper your success.
      --------1980 Mk1 Scirocco--------
      -2000 T4 R32 Powered Eurovan-
      2013 B7 Passat Wolfsburg Edition

15. 01-03-2012 04:01 PM #85
      Turn 10 Studios, the team who develops the Forza Motorsport franchise for the Xbox 360, is hiring for contract vehicle researchers. Here's the job description below; if you know anyone in the Seattle area fitting this description, please point them in my direction.

Scott Catlin
      Lead Content Designer
      Turn 10 Studios
      scatlin@microsoft.com

Are you a car stats geek? Are your friends/family sick and tired of listening to you spout off facts and figures like a walking dictionary of car info? Put that expertise to good use! Do you memorize chassis and engine codes, peak horsepower, VTEC engagement RPM, final drive ratios and boost pressures? Can you break down the differences between a B16A1, B16A2 and B16A3? Can you pick out the torque and power curves on a dyno chart without looking at the legend? Are your bookshelves choked with car magazines, books, videos and/or games? Do you belong to car clubs, message boards, etc.? Do you attend auto shows, meets, trade shows or other car-oriented events? Do you work on cars? Have you swapped or rebuilt an engine? Ever installed a turbo kit, supercharger, suspension, exhaust, intake, injectors, ECU, cams, nitrous or other performance-enhancing parts? Do you autocross, race, rally, drag or drift in real life? I am looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented self-starter with an authoritative grasp of cars and what makes them tick to work as a ‘Car Researcher’. This job will entail finding and documenting credible data on car specifications, dimensions, performance, regional differences, history, upgrades, tuning and other details for Microsoft’s Turn 10 Studios, makers of Forza Motorsport on the Xbox 360 console.

Applicant must possess a great deal of knowledge about cars and know how to quickly and accurately gather more. This means being an expert fact finder with web search engines, books, magazines, brochures, word-of-mouth and any other means that gets the job done. Must be comfortable using computers and proficient with MS Excel. Ability to run basic SQL database queries is a plus. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, a strong problem-solver, a quick learner, organized, efficient and last but not least, able to admit not knowing the answer until it is truly found.

Vehicles
      Rabbits, Miata, and a Galaxie
      01-13-2012 12:55 PM #86
      I'm posting this for my GF who is currently looking for work:

Do you know of any part time work, hoping for Thurs - Sun, in anything food or service related?

Can be anywhere from Downtown Seattle to as far North as Everett.

She is creative, hands-on, a great people person, and has a good working attitude.

She has retail, catering, and crafting experience, and is currently learning cosmetology.

PM if you have any ideas or know of a possible opening.

In the mean time, we'll keep scouring CL.

Thanks!

Vehicles
      '98 Jetta GL 2.0 8v
      01-25-2012 04:47 AM #87
      Howdy everyone! I am currently looking for work, and I thought someone on here may be able to help me. I am 19 years old, with some (but not much) work experience in manual labor, and customer service. I am currently looking for part time work while actively going to school.

I have been applying for jobs, but to no avail. I made this thread in hopes that someone on here may have a business or managerial position that could help me obtain a part time job. I'm hoping to only work a few days a week, so as to not overload myself between work and school.

I know that there is currently an employment thread on the PNW forum, but after going through them, almost all require multiple years of experience or qualifications that I do not have.

Jobs would have to be in the PDX area, or within reasonable distance.

If anyone could possibly help me out, I would very much appreciate it. If not, I understand seeing as the job market is very scarce and competitive.

For everyone who has taken time to read this, thank you, and good luck in your own endeavors!

This is a direct copy from the main page, didn't realize we could post in here, thought it was for businesses looking for workers, not the other way around!
      Quote Originally Posted by adam the caveman
      volkswagens are like children: you have an unconditional love for them, sometimes you want to slap them retarded, and they're costing you money from the day you get them.

Vehicles
      2009 AW M3
      02-06-2012 06:55 PM #88
      Job filled
      Last edited by crabpot; 03-07-2012 at 04:38 PM.

19. 02-07-2012 11:13 PM #89
      I'm highly interested and have an acquaintance inside the company. Waiting to hear back from from them in regards to the Inside Sales position....

Vehicles
      2009 AW M3
      02-09-2012 06:23 PM #90
      Edit: Position filled.
      Last edited by crabpot; 04-02-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado 1.9L G60-ST5 Black, 01 stage 3 allroad 6MT
      02-14-2012 08:50 PM #91
      It is not remotely glamorous but I work for a phonebook company and we are just about to start hiring people to deliver phonebook routes in the greater Portland area for Feb and most of March. In April, we will be looking for people in Eugene. The pay isn't awesome, and it is per delivery, so you basically get out of it what you put into it (you have to hustle to make money). However, it is flexible hours and for the most part you are on your own, walking. No experience necessary, you usually get to pick the neighborhood you work in. PM me and I can give you more info.

You are going to hurt my soul if you load 500lbs of phonebooks in the back of your slammed VW though...
      Stephen
      Portland, OR
      Black 1990 1.9L Stage 5 G60 - keeper
      Corrados decay in a way that can only be measured using quantum physics
      http://sites.google.com/site/corradoproject/

22. Member
      Vehicles
      b6 a4
      02-16-2012 02:44 PM #92
      So this is my job I'm moving up in my company so my job is listed on Craigslist so if you have a class a cdl with endorsements let me know its going from 18to 19 an hr full 40 work week plus overtime everyday just about.

This is the listing threw Craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/trp/2851872357.html

Vehicles
      MKIII PB Whore
      02-23-2012 03:52 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by crabpot View Post
      you work for this company?

Vehicles
      2009 AW M3
      02-23-2012 12:26 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by NDubber View Post
      you work for this company?
      Yes.

Vehicles
      96 Cabrio, 03 Lincoln LS V8
      02-24-2012 10:22 PM #95
      Around the middle of March I'll be on morning schedule for college classes, so I'll be searching for a part time job. I have 34 certificates in IT based training and previous experience at help desk. I'm also willing to do almost anything that doesn't have to do with fast food or hanging out in a gas station.

Anywhere in Pierce county or northern Thursty county would work.

03-09-2012 10:48 PM #96
      looking for a car audio installer - full time. must be able to pass MECP certification. experience is a must.
      position is in kennewick wa.
      pay depends on the level of MECP achieved (basic, advanced, master or lead)
      from 12/hr-25hr

i have only 1 spot open and they don't open up often at all

call or text me at 509 386 0762
      2007 wrangler Sahara
      89 mk2 GLI

Vehicles
      BMW M Coupe
      03-16-2012 04:14 PM #97
      My friend works in HR at a company in downtown Seattle. They have two openings that need to be filled ASAP, and have very competitive compensation of $100k+

Please feel free to send resumes (no cover letter necessary) of any qualified candidates to thatcher.shultz@gmail.com

UNIX Server Analyst II
      Job Summary:

The Unix Server Analyst II works as a member of the Server Architecture team to design, implement, monitor,
      and maintain production Linux/Unix systems and infrastructure. Activities include incident response, security,
      and emergency communications for core trading systems, servers and processes for the brokerage running
      on a 24x7 timeframe, and specifically for high-performance databases running on AIX platforms as well as
      messaging servers running Linux. This individual will be responsible for high-level troubleshooting and issue
      resolution on a broad range of software applications, platforms, and networks. This role will also represent
      server architecture on cross-departmental project teams.

Technical skills and abilities:

5 years in a large sized distributed system environment, support multiple platforms and servers
      Experience with UNIX based operating systems (AIX, BSD, Linux); Unix and Linux administration
      certifications required (AIX, Redhat preferred). Windows administration experience desired.
      Experience with Sybase ASE and ASIQ database systems desired.
      Experience with SAN storage technology desired.
      A minimum of 3 years experience in system administration / supporting IT infrastructure (hardware,
      operating systems, LAN/WAN, DNS, TCPIP, DHCP)
      Knowledge to automate system administration tasks (scripting)

Windows Server Admin II
      Job Summary:

The Windows Server Admin II works as a member of the Server Architecture team to design, implement,
      monitor, and maintain production Windows systems and infrastructure. Activities include incidence response,
      security, and emergency communications for core trading systems, servers and processes for the brokerage
      running on a 24x7 timeframe. This individual will be responsible for high-level troubleshooting and issue
      resolution on a broad range of software applications, platforms, and networks. This role will also represent
      server architecture on cross-departmental project teams.

Technical skills and abilities:

5 years in a large sized distributed system environment, support multiple platforms and servers
      3 years experience using MOM, SMS, Citrix and VMware
      Strong experience working with virtual technical Microsoft Server Administration team in a complex environment.
      Solid project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects/responsibilities.
      Ability to mentor and cross train staff in all areas of expertise
      Ability to communicate with peers, management and customers in general.
      A minimum of 3 years experience in system administration / supporting IT infrastructure (hardware,
      operating systems, LAN/WAN, DNS, TCPIP, WINS, DHCP, and IIS)
      Knowledge to automate system administration tasks (scripting)
      Thatcher
      Recaro . KW Automotive
      BMW M Coupe . Porsche 993 C2 RSR

Vehicles
      '98 Gti Vr
      03-21-2012 08:57 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by are-jay View Post
      Anyone looking at those Zillow jobs in Seattle?
      I applied for the assistant account manager a while back but didn't get it. I assume it was because of a lack of real estate experience because I spent the last 4 years managing large business wireless accounts that brought in around $8mil a year.

Vehicles
      A bunch of rusty Kraut cans
      03-23-2012 12:22 AM #99
      I have worked here for 6 years it is a good place to work

Title: DART Bus Driver •Will provide paid CDL training for qualified candidates
      •Candidates with current CDL and passenger endorsement preferred

Locations:
      Kent base: Full time (30+ hours per week)

Salary: $13.70 per hour DOE

Benefits for positions over 30 hours per week:

•Full medical/dental: competitive benefit package
      •Vacation and sick leave based on hours worked
      •401k eligible immediately upon hire
      •401k match up to 5% of earnings after 1 year of employment
      Work Schedule: Varies: may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends; split shift possible

For 40 years, Hopelink, a vibrant community action agency, has served homeless and low income families, children, seniors and people with disabilities in an 800 square mile area of north and east King County, Washington. Our vision is a community free of poverty. To that end, we provide a wide variety of human services that moves forward our mission to promote self-sufficiency for all members of our community; we help people make lasting change.

Hopelink operates Dial-a-Ride Transit (DART) under a contract with King County Metro. DART offers variable routing in some areas within King County. It operates on a fixed schedule, but one that has more flexibility than regular Metro Transit buses.

Essential Functions:
      •Provides safe, courteous and on-time transportation to customers in vans, minibuses or small buses; adheres to traffic regulations.
      •Communicates and interacts with individuals of various backgrounds and abilities; communicates with dispatchers by radio and provides verbal and written reports.
      •Assists and secures passengers; provides special assistance as needed, such as opening doors, operating wheel chair lift, escorting to buildings and the like.
      •Communicates respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, ages, genders, gender preferences, races, physical abilities, ethnic backgrounds, and religions.
      •Maintains schedules on regular or special routes; collects fares, issues transfers; provides verbal information to the public regarding routes, schedules and transfer points; determines safest and most efficient routes to specific address.
      •Inspects vehicle before and after operation; cleans vehicle interior and exterior as needed; fuels and performs minor maintenance on vehicle.
      •Maintains punctuality and regular attendance in order to provide dependable service to the public.
      •Attendance at monthly and quarterly Driver staff meetings is mandatory.
      Required Qualifications: • High School diploma or G.E.D.
      • Seven (7) years driving experience with a demonstrated good driving record.
      • Customer service experience.
      • Must be available to work a flexible work schedule which may include nights and weekends.

Licenses, certificates, & other requirements:
      • As a safety sensitive position, all Drivers are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
      • Must pass criminal background check through the Washington State Patrol.

To view the full description and to apply, please click here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=895061.

We are actively building an environment that welcomes and encourages the involvement and success of all individuals and respects the new possibilities that are created when diverse people, beliefs and values are included.

If you want to join our dynamic team, why not bring your talents and skills to Hopelink? In addition to great staff, we offer a competitive benefit package.

Hopelink is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity.
      www.hope-link.org

• Compensation: $13.70 per hour DOE
      • This is at a non-profit organization.
      •Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
      •Please, no phone calls about this job!
      •Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 2898132345

Vehicles
      1980 BMW 320i Sport
      03-23-2012 07:29 AM #100
      Most of my experience is in Sales / Customer Service ... 2 years exp selling cars, 5+ years customer service, and a lifetime of computer experience. Looking for anything with a regular paycheck and within reasonable driving distance.
      Last edited by archangel_jx; 03-23-2012 at 07:41 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hustlin View Post
      nobody else says vee-dub

Vehicles
      1980 BMW 320i Sport
      04-03-2012 10:39 PM #101
      ...still looking for work
      Quote Originally Posted by Hustlin View Post
      nobody else says vee-dub

Vehicles
      '04.:R32 '85 SPG
      04-11-2012 02:44 AM #102
      I offer animation and graphics services in Seattle area - amosrea.com

I am also looking for a person who knows java and C++ scripting languages.

I have a friend looking to fill a general mechanic position.

Vehicles
      Golf R, 20th GTI Sold
      04-16-2012 01:36 PM #103
      Description

Seeking a Field Service Technician. We are a leader in the oil and gas industry providing our customers with equipment that will be utilized to monitor existing systems on oil and gas drilling rigs.

We are searching for career minded service professionals who recognize the value of a career path and can perform the following duties:
      • Travel to customer sites throughout Alaska Noth Slope to survey, install, commission, test, calibrate, and train customers on the safe and proper operation of NOV- National Oil Well Varcoproducts.
      • Conduct field installations and calibrations of sensors and systems.
      • Perform field upgrades of NOV software and hardware and train customers on how to properly operate the system.
      • Communicate field failures and feedback reports to the appropriate departments.
      • Complete and submit field service documentation in a timely manner.

Qualifications
      • AA Degree and/or equivalent education with 2+ years experience preferred
      • Electrical/computer background
      • Rotating travel (2 week on / 2 week off) schedule to the North Slope
      • Must pass a national background check, motor vehicle report and drug screening upon hire
      • Knowledge of oil and gas field components would be nice
      • Willingness to be on call
      • Good verbal and written communication skills

Work Locations
      US AK Anchorage / North Slope (Quadco)

Schedule
      Full-time
      Last edited by peplsuk; 04-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Vehicles
      99.5 VW Golf
      04-20-2012 02:33 AM #104
      wanting to move to the puget sound area, i have been working in a kitchen for the last 4 years, and as a cook for the last half year, but want a change of pace. i want to get into ANY automotive field, and looking for an entry job for the time being. any info on any jobs would be GREATLY appreciated!

Vehicles
      2000 Cabrio, 2008 .:R #761
      05-04-2012 09:05 PM #105
      My company is looking for a web assistant. Click the Craigslist ad for more info.
      http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/web/2988373586.html
      BSB strikes again

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast