Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: some issues after C2 n/a flash

Vehicles
      2004 24v GLI, 2007 Fahrenheit GTI #975, 1984 rabbit GTI
      11-29-2010 07:38 PM #1
      I got my 2004 GLI flashed at a local tuner with C2 software. Before I got the car flashed I had no cel what so ever. Around an hour after I got the car flashed I got a cel. I checked the codes with my handheld scanner from autozone and got two codes. O2 sensor bank 2 heater circuit, and a p0015 cam position sensor malfunction bank 1. I cleared the codes and restarted the car and on my way I went. I get home no cel the whole trip. I get in the car the next day start up and about 30 seconds after the car starts cel comes back on. I read the codes and same two codes, again I clear them and the car runs fine 45 miles to work and no cel. This continues every time I clear the codes they go away and dont return till the car cools off.

I had my car scanned with vag-com today and I got P1340 and that is the only code that it showed. Cam position sensor below threshold, I did some research and found the tech bulletin that leads to faulty sensors or lengthened timing chain. I just dont have vag-com on hand right now to run this test.

http://www.billswebspace.com/vw.tb.1...l_on_w_vr6.pdf

I am having a hard time believing that the timing chain is stretched due to the fact that I only started getting this code after I got flashed. I want to know if anyone else has had this issue with any of the UM or C2 n/a software. Is this something that a reflash will take care of?

As far as the O2 sensor bank malf does the C2 flash require the use of a highflow cat?

If anyone knows Jeff of united motorsport or formerly C2's username I would like to IM him to ask a few questions.

mods on the car:
      C2 flash
      Borla cat back
      k&n flat panel with bottom 1/4 of stock air box cut out

All in all the car runs great the VVT makes a noticeable difference at 4k rpm under WOT, the sound of the engine changes when the cams advance, and the intake flapper shifts. I am very pleased with this tune overall with the exception of the two nuisance cel's that I have. At least I hope they are nuisance, I really dont want to do my chains just yet.

Any help would be great!!!

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, '12 Golf R
      11-30-2010 10:02 AM #2
      Check with the shop and see if they will reflash. Or find a local to swap cam position sensors with and see if that fixes it. Not sure of the cost on them but I don't think they can be too bad.
      2002.5 Jetta 1.8T - TOTALED (dodging deer)
      2002.5 24v GTI - TOTALED (rear-ended by a Jeep)
      1992 Corrado SLC - Dead. Will be back.. stronger.
      2012 Golf R - Daily Driver Status

Vehicles
      2002.5 VW Jetta GLi
      12-01-2010 01:44 AM #3
      Doubt the tune would have anything to do with it; alot of people like to blame that first.

-Brett-
      02.5 GLI VR6 - TT DP/Testpipe, Autotech Cat-Back, Eurosport Cool-Flo, C2 Software, Raxles, Grounding Kit, Diesel Geek Sigma Shifter/Panzer Plate, Verdict Shift Bracket Bushings, ECS Bleeder Block/End Links, USP Braided Clutch Line, ECS/Gruven LW pulleys, Raceland Ultimos, 034 Strut Bushings/Motor/Dogbone/Subframe Mounts, R32/Poly Control Arm Bushings, Poly Rear Isolators, TSW Nur wheels, Yarrowsport Rear Bar, Euro Sport Cluster

12-01-2010 09:12 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Brett VR6 View Post
      Doubt the tune would have anything to do with it.
      -Brett-
      You may be incorrect.

USA market 2.8L 24v VR6 vehicles do not posess 'bank 2' oxy sensors, never did.

-Jeffrey Atwood
      UnitedMotorsport.net
      Email UnitedMotorsport
      Funny how launch control and NLS were gimmicks when Matt bought it to med9.
      Now others are using it to make people think the sun shines out of their 4$$.

Vehicles
      01-03-2011 11:55 AM #5
      So just to follow up, I got the car back to the shop and received an updated flash and all the problems have gone away. Thanks for the help and support from HB motorwerks, United Motorsports and C2!

6. Banner Advertiser C2Motorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Variety of Volkswagens
      01-03-2011 12:13 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by engineman98 View Post
      So just to follow up, I got the car back to the shop and received an updated flash and all the problems have gone away. Thanks for the help and support from HB motorwerks, United Motorsports and C2!
      I am now confused, as HB Motorwerks is not a C2 Dealer
      Were you told that you were getting C2Motorsports software?
      C2Motorsports Inc
      www.c2motorsports.com
      chris@c2motorsports.net
      502.895.3660 p
      502.290.6245 f

Vehicles
      01-03-2011 12:44 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by C2Motorsports View Post
      I am now confused, as HB Motorwerks is not a C2 Dealer
      Were you told that you were getting C2Motorsports software?
      The software was UM's and HB got in touch with him and he got me the updated reflash. I asked about C2 flash under the belief that the files were almost identical and that maybe since C2 had been out longer that someone might have had a similar problem. I apologize to everyone and hope that I havent caused any bad publicity. Both companies have personally contacted me in an effort to find out what issues I had and both have some of the best customer service of any aftermarket tuners I have ever dealt with and I plan on using or purchasing from both C2 and UM in the future.

01-04-2011 11:41 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by C2Motorsports
      Useless info here
      How nice of you to reply 4+ weeks after the initial post.

-Jeffrey Atwood
      United Motorsport
      UnitedMotorsport.net
      Email UnitedMotorsport
      Funny how launch control and NLS were gimmicks when Matt bought it to med9.
      Now others are using it to make people think the sun shines out of their 4$$.

Vehicles
      2002.5 VW Jetta GLi
      01-10-2011 12:39 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Jefnes3 View Post
      How nice of you to reply 4+ weeks after the initial post.

-Jeffrey Atwood
      United Motorsport
      Ahh maturity

-Brett-
      02.5 GLI VR6 - TT DP/Testpipe, Autotech Cat-Back, Eurosport Cool-Flo, C2 Software, Raxles, Grounding Kit, Diesel Geek Sigma Shifter/Panzer Plate, Verdict Shift Bracket Bushings, ECS Bleeder Block/End Links, USP Braided Clutch Line, ECS/Gruven LW pulleys, Raceland Ultimos, 034 Strut Bushings/Motor/Dogbone/Subframe Mounts, R32/Poly Control Arm Bushings, Poly Rear Isolators, TSW Nur wheels, Yarrowsport Rear Bar, Euro Sport Cluster

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2000 gti golf vr6
      04-05-2012 03:37 PM #10
      i recently purchased a c2 unit for my mk4 but have not installed it due to other current issues any links where i can find some honest info about it??

Vehicles
      2002.5 VW Jetta GLi
      04-14-2012 07:21 PM #11
      What do you want to know?

-Brett-