VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Dual rounds - LEARN ME

105K views 526 replies 102 participants last post by  MYGTI_MA 
#1 · (Edited)
Yup, so i got some.
I'm really not sure if they are ABT or Carrello. :confused:

edit: better pics

Really don't matter what brand they are. Anyway, onto some questions:

These are really dirty and look like everything is there.
Visibly, it looks like the black plastic ring around the Cibie lo beam light is broken or worn.

Where can we find replacement lights?

One of the Cibie hi beam housing is loose and moves about, but nothing looks broken.

How can i refresh these properly?

The plan is to resrpay masks in red and maybe HID in a projector behind the low beam.
I want to laminex or "french" the hi beams to yellow.

Teach me about dual round setups, common fixes, replacement parts and the such.

OG car? :sly:

:drool:

I searched and that's where i found these pics.
but i had trouble finding answers to some of my questions ab the lights themselves.

:wave:

See less See more
#361 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just picked up two sets on ebay, just saw them briefely today before I had to head back to school. I just have a few questions about them!

Anyways I'm pretty sure one set is votex by looking at pics on here, but maybe not bc I vaguely remember the lights being different sizes, plus from the pics it looks like the inner is smaller. There are no projectors, just the lights, also no stampings or indication what the maker was.

Second set is a smoked hella set that needs a lot of work. And just my luck the drivers side mask broke while shipping. The seller is really going to try to help me out as the package was insured. I was just wondering if there are any places to get replacement masks? I checked parts4vws.com and they no longer have them. (they look black bc I guess the guy the seller bought them from smoked them even more, nothing paint thinner won't remove)

I appreciate your help!

And if theres anyone in the ct area that knows about them I wouldn't mind have someone look them over lol.

#363 ·
Yeah I kind of figued they weren't votex but it was the closest to them I had seen. I'll get better pics this weekend of both sets when I go home this weekend. And from searching I guess I'll need to upgrade the lighting on them some how... Also any idea on a price on them?

#367 ·
niceee
it's funny how our parts make their way back to us.
i got my dual chambers back on the cabrio and still got em too, started on my GTI years back.

i need to get my car done.
really thinking about doing the hella driving lights retro fit u mentioned to me many pages back

#372 · (Edited)
Also how would I try to repair a plastic mask? My carellos have a crack/little chunk out of them, not noticeable but needs to be repaired. These are my main focus for restoration, really just prefer their looks. I'll be retrofitting some hella 5 3/4" in the lows, which are like 70$ then fabbing up some mounts on them for the adjusting screws. Gonna need to get creative with mounting tabs too!

#376 ·
Icy,
1st - they are going to look awesome on that car. :thumbup:
2nd - what do you mean by light loom? the harness?

I don't have personal experience with it all yet, but I'm going to assume it's the same as e-codes.
At least, it looks that way. I know the "light fixtures" do come apart from the housings via 3 screw-looking things that come undone.

I'm sure someone who has more 1st hand experience with it will chime in. :thumbup:

#387 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if someone (preferably with voted dual rounds, but I guess any will do) had any up close pics of the mounting. I got mine in, and have the ecode brackets, I just feel like they're not just right because they don't line up with the fenders well and I feel like if I close my hood hard I could damage them..don't worry, summer wheels going on tomorrow and is going lower lol

I think they look pretty decent anyway!

#391 ·
thanks. sucks that they are so pricey. i would be down to buy used.

If anybody needs abt or hella dual round replacement parts:
I've got a set of hella 5 3/4" High beams (work in hellas and can be retrofitted to ABT's..$60/pair
and
I've got ABT Low beams (made by hella) (glass in great shape..some minor peeling of inner foil)..$80/pair

tried to reply to your pm but it says your inbox is full. im looking for a hell high beam and low beam.

#390 · (Edited)
If anybody needs abt or hella dual round replacement parts:
I've got a set of hella 5 3/4" High beams (work in hellas and can be retrofitted to ABT's..$60/pair
and

I've also got JUST THE TINTED BEZEL PICTURED BELOW: (borrowed pic)..$60 shipped
good shape (mounts fine but might be missing a mount)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.