so I totally spaced on updating but a couple days ago I did a test fit
it looks like ALOT of poke before the tire gets on there, but once the tire is on there it flows pretty well, I figured I was going to have to pull the fenders a bit.
then last night I mounted the tires
not as much stretch as I wanted, they were super easy to mount. I wanted a 205/40 but I saved 120 bucks going with the 215/40s and Im broke enough as it is...
anyway I got to my parents house at about 9pm and started mounting the wheels on the car and pulling the fenders. It started to rain at about 11:00 pm and lasted about a half hour. I ended up "finishing" at about 1 am. Then there was the test drive back to my apartment (about 3 miles across town) it did not go so well. There was alot of rubbing, and smoke, and burnt rubber. So needless to say I still have more fender pulling to do, but I also need to raise it a few threads and space out one or two of the wheels that are hitting the coilovers.
I didnt get like any pictures of the finished progress I was in such a hurry to get home to my bed, but here is a picture I took this morning when I woke up to put my stock wheels back on.
and here is a picture of how it sits 11 minutes from now at 7am
I now have 1 day 10 hours and 17 minutes to finish this piece.
anyway made it to h20 last night safe and sound, car rubbed a little bit whenever I would hit a big bump but not to shabby
215-801-2513 hit me up if you wanna chill!
This thread is...well there's no easy way of putting this, ill just go with AMAZING!
Keep up the great work bro! This is very inspirational!
Driving down the road when I realized my "Check Engine" light was on. I quickly pulled over and popped hood. To my surprise, my engine was still there. Check Engine light trollin'
well its been awhile since ive had any updates. I was talking to my fiance yesterday telling her how weird it is that I havent had to work on my car since H20, as fate would have it this happens today driving home from work...
The right rear wheel bearing just exploded out of nowhere, there were no prior noises or vibrations or anything suspicious. Just a loud bang and then my @ss end just lost control swaying all over the road. I found a safe place to stop probably only drove a couple hundred feet after the bang, got it towed to my parents house to inspect it. The wheel bearing exploded as I suspected. And damaged the spindle, and drum in the process. So I need a new drum, spindle, bearings and seals
heres the progress:
heres the old and new spindle/hub, obviously the one of the left is the bad one, you can see the carnage that occurred from the failed bearing.
heres the spindle nut that was a b!tch to get off
this is all that was left of the inner bearing
and brand new shinny drum
all in all only took me like 2 hours this morning was a pretty easy job
havent updated this in awhile so here it goes...
traded the shooters for these
put them on kinda
I ended up not liking them, i would have to raise it up too far to run them...so they are up for sale or trade.
in the meantime Im rocking my gold mk2 steelies
I also hit 280k
and today I bought a motor
that is all for now
started motor breakdown, if anyone needs any parts or know of anyone who needs any parts from a 1.8t (ATW) let me know I have a bunch of stuff for sale I will not be needing.
As is tradition this motor build will be a slow process, I will be acquiring parts as I can afford them and be installing them as I get them. my plan right now is to put a set of performance rods in it, cam it, and maybe a ko4, if I have the money and I get a good deal I may upgrade to a larger aftermarket turbo, all plans are subject to change depending on what deal I can get at the time.
enough words, time for pictures
removed manifolds, fuel rail,all the accessories and brackets and, yada yada. Then pulled the head.
cylinder walls look amazing, still have the crosshatching on them
the head however is really messed up, good thing I was planning on using an AEB head and not this one. intake cam journals were mangled.
then took off the TC, The last allen key bolt stripped out (of course) so ad to use the old chisel trick
and lastly for the night took out the piston/rod assemblies
all for now.