Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Results 141 to 156 of 156

    Thread: Forge Transverse TSI Oil Catch Tank Initial Group Buy

    1. Member VWRedux's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Potomac Maryland
      Posts
      3,801
      Vehicles
      Started NHTSA DSG Campaign/'09WolfieDSG died@623mi. VW took it back.Bought MkVI/GTI Blk 6spMT/SR/Xen
      06-07-2011 05:47 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Angel@forgemotorsport.com View Post
      Mantech has an axe to grind. He's angry because he doesn't understand how catch cans work and is lashing out at anyone that sells them and is willing to give him an audience.
      No axe to grind. Don't spin this! It's too late Angel. Mike stepped in doodoo. You and Mike have misled everyone on this thread and website from the beginning. Mike said that his product removes "all" the oil and vapor from the pcv system (which it doesn't) and in turn will "keep the system clean from depositing on the intake valves." How many sales did you get from TSi and TFSi owners based on those lies? Then he says on another thread that he never said such a thing. Well what is it? No axe, the TRUTH!
      "There's nothing like a well tuned car on an open road". Paul Newman
      *The New 2011 VW Jetta... At Least You Pay Less To Get Less!*

    2. Banner Advertiser Forge US's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2002
      Location
      Orlando FL
      Posts
      7,744
      Vehicles
      '09 TTS / '12 Golf R
      06-07-2011 05:53 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by VWRedux View Post
      No axe to grind. Don't spin this! It's too late Angel. Mike stepped in doodoo. You and Mike have misled everyone on this thread and website from the beginning. Mike said that his product removes "all" the oil and vapor from the pcv system (which it doesn't) and in turn will "keep the system clean from depositing on the intake valves." How many sales did you get from TSi and TFSi owners based on those lies? Then he says on another thread that he never said such a thing. Well what is it? No axe, the TRUTH!
      My statements are 100% factual.

      The catch tank does remove the aerated oil vapors from the PCV system.

      You continue to overlook/ignore the other contributing factors that lead to carbon buildup on the intake valves. Seepage from the valve guides being the secondary cause. No one ever claimed a catch tank system would eliminate seepage from the valve guides.

      I wish you luck and look forward to your campaign for a valve guide recall from VW.

    3. Member VWRedux's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Potomac Maryland
      Posts
      3,801
      Vehicles
      Started NHTSA DSG Campaign/'09WolfieDSG died@623mi. VW took it back.Bought MkVI/GTI Blk 6spMT/SR/Xen
      06-07-2011 05:53 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
      No audience on this thread for that hatred....
      It's not hatred. You've been had.
      "There's nothing like a well tuned car on an open road". Paul Newman
      *The New 2011 VW Jetta... At Least You Pay Less To Get Less!*

    4. Member VWRedux's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Potomac Maryland
      Posts
      3,801
      Vehicles
      Started NHTSA DSG Campaign/'09WolfieDSG died@623mi. VW took it back.Bought MkVI/GTI Blk 6spMT/SR/Xen
      06-07-2011 06:03 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ForgeMotorsport View Post
      My statements are 100% factual.

      The catch tank does remove the aerated oil vapors from the PCV system.

      You continue to overlook/ignore the other contributing factors that lead to carbon buildup on the intake valves. Seepage from the valve guides being the secondary cause. No one ever claimed a catch tank system would eliminate seepage from the valve guides.

      I wish you luck and look forward to your campaign for a valve guide recall from VW.
      No, you SAID that your catch-tank "will capture ALL the blow-by gases and vapors that would otherwise lead to deposits on the intake valves and will keep the system clean and performing optimally long term" did you not?

      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ForgeMotorsport View Post
      The kit is recirculating in design so as to maintain emissions compliance, however, it will capture all of the blow-by gasses and vapors that would otherwise lead to deposits on the intake valves, thereby keeping the system clean and the engine performing optimally long-term.

      And then you said on the "Hoedown" thread:

      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ForgeMotorsport View Post
      I'll chime in. Absolutely nowhere have we ever stated that a catch tank kit, ours specifically, is guaranteed to prevented carbon buildup on your intake valves. If you purchased one of our kits under the assumption that the potential for carbon buildup was going to be completely eliminated immediately upon installation, either someone else led you to believe that, or you came to that conclusion on your own, because no one here would ever had stated as much to anyone.
      Well you did. You are on notice.
      Last edited by VWRedux; 06-07-2011 at 06:06 PM.
      "There's nothing like a well tuned car on an open road". Paul Newman
      *The New 2011 VW Jetta... At Least You Pay Less To Get Less!*

    5. Banner Advertiser Forge US's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2002
      Location
      Orlando FL
      Posts
      7,744
      Vehicles
      '09 TTS / '12 Golf R
      06-07-2011 06:09 PM #145
      My reading level is pretty high. I know what I said, and I stand by it. You continuing to quote me repeatedly doesn't change anything.

      I never stated that clean valves were guaranteed via the use of our catch tank kit alone.

      Your interpretation of my statements has only served to cause you to expect a different result than you should have from the use of this product, through your inadvertent or perhaps deliberate ignorance to the other causes of valve deposits.

    6. Member ManTech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2010
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      852
      Vehicles
      MkVI GTI/2Dr Manual Trans / Future Golf-R Owner
      06-07-2011 06:24 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ForgeMotorsport View Post
      My reading level is pretty high. I know what I said, and I stand by it. You continuing to quote me repeatedly doesn't change anything.

      I never stated that clean valves were guaranteed via the use of our catch tank kit alone.

      Your interpretation of my statements has only served to cause you to expect a different result than you should have from the use of this product, through your inadvertent or perhaps deliberate ignorance to the other causes of valve deposits.
      I think a court of law will change your "reading level" a bit. Have you been taking speech lessons from Anthony Weiner or something? Otherwise you must be delusional since you refuse to see that your comments misled your customers. The fact is not whether your statements are greased to your advantage, but whether your customers interpreted your slick comments to mean what most would think they mean. Knowingly making intentional misrepresentations for monetary gain is prosecutable.
      Last edited by ManTech; 06-07-2011 at 10:11 PM.
      Gott ist immer auf der Seite des stronest Armee. - Voltaire
      Future Golf-R Owner
      "Those who defend corruption, are often practicing corruption." VWRedux

    7. Banner Advertiser Forge US's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2002
      Location
      Orlando FL
      Posts
      7,744
      Vehicles
      '09 TTS / '12 Golf R
      06-07-2011 07:00 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by ManTech View Post
      I think a court of law will change your "reading level" a bit. Have you been taking speech lessons from Anthony Wiener or something? Otherwise you must be delusional since you refuse to see that your comments misled your customers. The fact is not whether your statements are greased to your advantage, but whether your customers interpreted your slick comments to mean what most would think they mean. Knowingly making intentional misrepresentations for monetary gain is prosecutable.
      Quite the contrary in fact.

      It is actually your reading comprehension that needs to be examined here.

      The only individuals claiming to have purportedly been misled are a sad pair of wannabe e-crusaders who have never actually purchased the product in question, but apparently desperately want to be convinced to spend their money on a catch tank, however, they subjectively no longer see the benefit upon the joint realization that they didn't understand that other factors lead to valve deposits.

      None of the actual customers of the product in question have come forward making such claims of feeling misled. In fact, the exact opposite has occurred. Multiple customers have repeatedly stated that they still find value in the proven function of the product, and secondarily do not feel as though they were misled to expect a miracle cure to the problem.

      Additionally, I have spoken in person with numerous potential future customers who still plan to purchase the product based on their own assessment of the situation having read and fully understood the point you two are trying to make. Those individuals still find value in the benefit of the product, in spite of the fact that the deposits will still occur to some degree.

      Instead of wasting everyone's time with this pointless drivel, perhaps you should be applauding myself, Forge, and the other manufacturer's of catch tank kits for proactively putting forth time, energy, and resources to attempting to address a known problem, even if the benefits only partially remedy the situation. Attacking us for our efforts to address a problem with another "product" as it were (the engine in question), put out by another manufacturer (VW), does nothing to solve the problem.

      We have done nothing different than has been done by countless other aftermarket companies before us, which is to, even partially, improve the work of the OEM manufacturers. To that end, we have succeeded, and we have deliberately misled no one in the process.

    8. Member ManTech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2010
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      852
      Vehicles
      MkVI GTI/2Dr Manual Trans / Future Golf-R Owner
      06-07-2011 07:04 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ForgeMotorsport View Post
      Quite the contrary in fact.

      It is actually your reading comprehension that needs to be examined here.
      Whatever you say boss. We'll soon see.
      Gott ist immer auf der Seite des stronest Armee. - Voltaire
      Future Golf-R Owner
      "Those who defend corruption, are often practicing corruption." VWRedux

    9. Banner Advertiser Forge US's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2002
      Location
      Orlando FL
      Posts
      7,744
      Vehicles
      '09 TTS / '12 Golf R
      06-07-2011 07:05 PM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by ManTech View Post
      Knowingly making intentional misrepresentations for monetary gain is prosecutable.
      You will be quite hard pressed to substantiate these claims, because nothing of the sort ever occured.

    10. Member dsm1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2009
      Location
      Birmingham, AL
      Posts
      776
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI, '09 JSW TDI
      06-07-2011 07:10 PM #150
      My Forge/BSH catch can setup is keeping my charge piping clean and efficient.

    11. Member ManTech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2010
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      852
      Vehicles
      MkVI GTI/2Dr Manual Trans / Future Golf-R Owner
      06-07-2011 11:48 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ForgeMotorsport View Post
      You will be quite hard pressed to substantiate these claims, because nothing of the sort ever occured.
      It's so clear that you've been lying about this for so long you cannot see past your own
      Gott ist immer auf der Seite des stronest Armee. - Voltaire
      Future Golf-R Owner
      "Those who defend corruption, are often practicing corruption." VWRedux

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2008
      Location
      Stamford, CT
      Posts
      793
      Vehicles
      2001 (AWD engine) GTI :: 2011 Shadow Blue GTI
      06-08-2011 04:56 PM #152
      I still believe that it works to an extent. I also am not sure how many other people have seen that one thread of the before and after pictures of the guys valves that had them cleaned with and without a catch can (now I cant find the link) but that is the ONLY ONE I have seen.

      Frankly, from the looks of that one review it is enough to turn me off for around 500 bucks (I rather xpel/chip my car).

      I would LOVE to see more BEFORE/AFTER pictures of valves using catch cans and those not using catch cans. I think I'll make a thread just for that unless there is one already? Also, I plan NOT to aim it at one company like Forge/BSH or anyone in specific. I just want more proof of if its really worth 500 or should I just build a cheapo one and get the same minimal effects.

      Before and afters

      V/r
      Last edited by Hedgehodge; 06-08-2011 at 05:02 PM.

    13. Member HYDE16's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2010
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,798
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      08-12-2011 06:51 PM #153
      Finally got around to emptying my Forge Transverse Catch Can after having it installed in February of this year. After 6 months of driving this is what accumulated. I know there will still be some carbon build up inside of my engine but I'm so glad none of this stuff passed through my engine. I know it's part water / part oil / part whatever else but it has to play some role in keeping the engine cleaner. I also performed a Seafoam treatment on my car which had some neat results. I plan I doing the seafoam treatment every 10K miles, then Amsoil Euroblend oil every 5K and empyting this catch can as needed.

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...8#post73027288



    14. Member HYDE16's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2010
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,798
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      09-09-2011 10:46 AM #154
      Just as an update for believers or non-believers, my car is on a lift at a shop now. Twincooler hoses were removed, not one drop of oil, the inside of the hoses are bone dry. As I said before, I installed the Forge Catch Can on my car to keep oil from building up in the intake tubing (intake / tubing / intercoolers).

      So far so good, well worth getting this kit to see that the tubing is dry unlike when I took the stock hoses apart when installing the Twincooler and Catch can originally (oil all over).

    15. Member Java^Tiggy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2012
      Location
      Huntington Station, NY
      Posts
      712
      Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-11-2012 12:56 AM #155
      anyway another gb can be set up for this??
      2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion | Java^Tiggy Photo/Progress Thread

    16. Member HYDE16's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2010
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,798
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      10-11-2012 07:32 AM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by Java^Tiggy View Post
      anyway another gb can be set up for this??
      I'll find out.

    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •