Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Forza Motorsport 4 Thread

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG | 2014 Porsche Cayman
      12-12-2010 12:22 PM #1
      Might as well start it up, seeing as how it was just announced. Rumor is that it'll have night racing, weather, etc.

Coming Holiday 2011.

Realistically, we'll probably get Forza 3.5. Updated shaders for the cars, more cars, more tracks. Some sort of Kinetic experiences. Head tracking will be cool, if it's implemented throughout the game.

Trailer:
      http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...orsport/708346

Note the steering wheel. Yep, T10 hard at work!

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      12-12-2010 01:15 PM #2
      Anyone notice the TGUSA footage in the trailer?
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

3. 12-12-2010 01:46 PM #3
      Don't excite me in the slightest. It will end up being FM 2.75. added detail severe lack of tracks. I doubt they can screw up MP anymore than they did in FM3.

4. 12-12-2010 02:23 PM #4
      I find it funny that Top Gear is now associated with Forza as that was one of the selling points with GT5. It's all good though, Top Gear is definitely known among auto enthusiasts world wide.

Let's see what Forza brings to the table this time around, I'm glad that they manage to keep are 2 yr schedule between games.

Vehicles
      '14 Chevy Volt- ALL black ---- '99 XJ 6"-Aussied d44-35" TSL-XRC8
      12-12-2010 07:16 PM #5
      If its done right it may make me switch. GT5 is not bad, but really lacks good cars, and has a worthless track editor, and no way to look around in car even.
      Aaron
      PSN: RealPower5

6. 12-12-2010 07:25 PM #6
      Things I'd like to see:

1) More "consumer level" cars. I know this sounds silly but I vastly prefer building mediocre street cars into quality Touring Cars. I really don't care about Koenigseggs or Ferrari FXX's etc. I know this is a pipe dream.

2) Better in cockpit views obviously.

3) Better accelerator control. Even with traction control off, if you gun the motor in Forza 2/3...the wheels/tires won't respond sometime. If you don't have traction control on, you should be able to spin tires at will. It is aggravating feeling like there is a nanny on constantly.

4) More the love of God, better and more tracks please. I am tired of the routine Forza tracks...and I'm also very tired of their predictable race tracks (wow...Laguna Seca, Nurburgring...snore...) This was a huge disappointment from Forza 2. Lets see some Brands Hatch, Yas Marina, Monaco, Lausitzring, VIR, etc.

5) Honestly, why have cars priced at 20 million credits in single player? 99% of players will NEVER play enough to afford one, let alone more of those cars. They really price far too many cars into the stratosphere in this game. They even said "the cars will be more accessible" in this game - bullsh_t. It's annoying to own a game, and only be able to select factory cars for multiplayer because you can't afford enough of your actual cars in game. And I had 2-4 million credits at one point...which means no car should really be out of reach. It's just dumb. Is our economy so bad that we can't afford cars even in a video game?

6) More players online. Simple...8 doesn't cut it. This isn't Mario Kart.

Vehicles
      Not Vortex Approved
      12-12-2010 07:35 PM #7
      Not looking forward to kinect driving I heard about. I'd rather setup a wheel and pedal setup, with the kinect JUST doing head tracking, than look like a moron and tire my arms trying to drive the air.

Other than that, i'm definitely going to be getting this; GT5 is leaving me with more to be desired unfortunately

06-28-2011 03:54 PM #8
      Not sure if this has been said, but Top Gear has been involved with Forza since Forza 3.

That being said, this looks amazing.

edit: I also noticed the Top Gear test track is going to be in here, awesome.
      Last edited by Mr Miyagi; 06-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      06-28-2011 04:04 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
      Not sure if this has been said, but Top Gear has been involved with Forza since Forza 3.

That being said, this looks amazing.

edit: I also noticed the Top Gear test track is going to be in here, awesome.
      Cee with the apostrophe D

BTW, do GT5 has this car?? Because I don't remember there are Kia in GT5... It is kind of weird they have the Top Gear track without this car...
      Last edited by Avus; 06-28-2011 at 04:12 PM.
      Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

10. 12-13-2010 11:07 AM #10
      I hope by the time Forza 4 comes out that we'll see open 3rd party wheel support for MS 360 consoles. I had for a short time an MS one which crapped out, and have been wheeless for some time. I'm looking at the Porsche 911 GT2 since it's multiplat and a quality wheel but it's pricey, $500 for the clubsport edition.

I'll be day 1 FM4 buyer. If there's a collector's edition, that depends on what's included. I wasn't too too happy with being an LE FM3 owner and wished I never bought any of the DLC since the FUC came out, along with 3 exclusives to the FUC.

Love me some Forza just as mush as GT

Vehicles
      1999 Mk3 Golf Wolfsburg 2.0L [SOLD] | 2000 Mk4 Golf GLS 2.0L
      12-13-2010 11:55 AM #11
      Having played FM3 since the day it came out with a MS Wheel and currently grinding through GT5 with the Logitech GT Wheel, I must say that I'm kinda disappointed in the "lacklaster" feel of the franchise this many years down the road.

The menu's are the same boring (and quite annoying to navigate) menus from GT1 days on the PS1 and the ingame graphics look identical to GT4. The only thing that seperates GT5 from GT4 in terms of presentation is the lighting and detail on the premium cars, but the fact that half the cars in the game are non-premium (which are: massively reduced in tecture and detail) makes this attention to detail a waste I think.

The cars and environment of FM3 are visually far more impressive, which seems rather rediculous considering GT5 came out a couple years after and it's been delayed for all this time. The only thing holding together GT5 are the car physics (which is of course a huge factor in driving sims). The car physics in GT5 are far superior to that of FM3. Overall though, if FM3 didn't **** up the upgrade system on cars and online lobby racing I would almost be tempted to say that FM3 edges it's way past GT5.

FM4 will blow GT5 out of the water.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      12-13-2010 12:16 PM #12
      by half, do you mean 80% of the cars in GT5 are standard? because that's really what is. and that's unacceptable for 5-6 years of development for such a prolific game. anyway.

i also hope there is a larger selection of tracks in forza 4. so many great ones to choose from, yet we are limited to a few plus some rather boring imaginary forza tracks.
      welcome to the layer cake

13. 12-13-2010 04:58 PM #13
      http://www.youtube.com/user/E4GTV#p/u/1/0MmjoSbTje0

The trailer shows offroadish racing and the topgear logo. Even if this game was FM3 and they added loose surface tracks I would buy it. GT5's failure in pretty much every aspect of the game made me go right back to FM3 and Dirt2. GT5 has turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments of a game I have purchased in my lifetime. The only time I remember feeling so disappointed was COD: World at war. It's ironic that the game feels so rushed when it has one of the longest development periods in history.

Overall--> Turn10 definitely has the formula for a great racing game and I eagerly await FM4 to step right over the failure that GT5 turned out to be. God I hope I can rally my Saleen F-150

14. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      12-13-2010 05:35 PM #14
      maybe they will finally model open-wheel cars too. really looking forward to night racing too - as in hauling ass down the mulsanne at 2am with headlights blazing the way.

Vehicles
      1999 Mk3 Golf Wolfsburg 2.0L [SOLD] | 2000 Mk4 Golf GLS 2.0L
      12-13-2010 08:01 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

GT5 has turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments of a game I have purchased in my lifetime. It's ironic that the game feels so rushed when it has one of the longest development periods in history.

Overall--> Turn10 definitely has the formula for a great racing game and I eagerly await FM4 to step right over the failure that GT5 turned out to be.
      +1

16. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      12-15-2010 05:55 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by WolfGolf View Post
      Having played FM3 since the day it came out with a MS Wheel and currently grinding through GT5 with the Logitech GT Wheel, I must say that I'm kinda disappointed in the "lacklaster" feel of the franchise this many years down the road.

The menu's are the same boring (and quite annoying to navigate) menus from GT1 days on the PS1 and the ingame graphics look identical to GT4. The only thing that seperates GT5 from GT4 in terms of presentation is the lighting and detail on the premium cars, but the fact that half the cars in the game are non-premium (which are: massively reduced in tecture and detail) makes this attention to detail a waste I think.

The cars and environment of FM3 are visually far more impressive, which seems rather rediculous considering GT5 came out a couple years after and it's been delayed for all this time. The only thing holding together GT5 are the car physics (which is of course a huge factor in driving sims). The car physics in GT5 are far superior to that of FM3. Overall though, if FM3 didn't **** up the upgrade system on cars and online lobby racing I would almost be tempted to say that FM3 edges it's way past GT5.

FM4 will blow GT5 out of the water.
      If FM3's physics didn't miss the mark in a lot of spots, GT5 would be easy to brush over, but since FM3 has some huuuuuge issues with the physics engine, I'll deal with GT5's menu's, load times, standard cars and annoying modding/tuning screens.

Hoping FM4 fixes the physics and other small issues, as then it'll easy blow past GT5. All GT has is the physics engine, and gorgeous premium car rendering.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      What I do in my free time. l My 2800CS
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      2013 Audi allroad / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      12-15-2010 07:55 PM #17
      the one true thing i hope they add in FM4 is when you get a DLC track MAKE THE DAMN THING PLAYABLE ONLINE. I have exhausted FM2 and FM3 and love both games, but make DLC tracks playable online with select lobbies. Meaning you can access a lobby only if you have the DLC. in FM3 the 'Ring GP track was cool, for 10 minutes.

other than that, bring more "regional" tracks, maybe not huge name ones but fun ones like Willow Springs, VIR, Summit Point etc...

cant wait for this game. I traded in GT5 on Your Shape Fitness Evolved for Kinect and have enjoyed it more than my few bored hours of GT5. Plus i physically feel better while i emotionally felt hurt about GT5.
      2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro - Fourtitude.com Project car
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

12-15-2010 08:30 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by CuCo33 View Post
      I hope by the time Forza 4 comes out that we'll see open 3rd party wheel support for MS 360 consoles.

Was just going to say that. Wouldn't count on it , MS wants nothing to do with Logitech making a 360 wheel. Make sure you pre order your fanatec wheel a good 6 months before FM4 comes out

19. 12-15-2010 08:53 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Amdek View Post
      Was just going to say that. Wouldn't count on it , MS wants nothing to do with Logitech making a 360 wheel. Make sure you pre order your fanatec wheel a good 6 months before FM4 comes out
      I should be ordering the 911 gt2 within the week as a christmas present to myself
      Always liked Logitech wheels, got one I used on PC for awhile and really wished the G series worked. Sadly it doesn't.

Vehicles
      '12 GTI, '10 CC
      12-16-2010 12:03 AM #20

I guess I DID see shades of Top Gear...

Oh, and Turn 10....if you can hopefully learn from PD's mistakes and not half ass 75% of the car models, that would be great

21. 12-18-2010 01:53 AM #21
      So after playing some Forza 3 lately, I'll update my list of "must haves" for FM4.

+Loading times. They're ridiculously slow in FM3. Why does it take 4-5 seconds to even load my damn car so I can pick a freakin' colour!? There is a lot of wasted time in FM3 menus due to this. Anything you click on takes a few seconds to appear/load etc. This needs a'fixin'.

+I know AWD can have a tendency to understeer, but it gets pretty out of hand on some cars in FM3.

+As with many games, overly sensitive handbrake can be annoying.

+Tracks and atmosphere...for the most part, few of the tracks on FM3 have any atmosphere whatsoever. I'd like some weather/time shifts. Would be nice.

+You can keep all the virtual showroom nonsense. I do not need that whatsoever, and I think its personally a huge waste of disc space. More actual content, less "fluff".

+DLC packs should be available for entire race series. I'd like to see more historic rivals brought together in DLC packs. Rather than "hey the latest crop of supercars OMGZ!"...give me "CanAm Greats", or "BTCC Pack", or "WTCC", "Road Rally Classics", "LeMans Legends" etc. Imagine receiving 8 cars in a DLC that are already competitive with each other. Heck, just include more damn actual race cars in the game. (Note, I said race cars, not super cars).

+Engine sounds. Seriously. I LOVE the GT/GT2/Race Pro games...they have a lot of mechanical sounds/noise/proper engine notes etc. It really adds a LOT to the experience. FM has never once had any quality to their engine notes.

+Add more road rally stages/tracks. I for one would LOVE something like Targa Newfoundland. I like the current Rally Positano...but its a bit busy.

+As I've wanted since Forza 2, allow a "type" feature for vinyl decals. Let me choose a font, and type in it, rather than having to place each freaking letter by itself.

22. 05-26-2011 12:11 PM #22
      Some bits of news are coming out now that E3 is not far off... and all I have to say is WOW

BTW, FM4 info is starting to leak out there (probably purposely to build hype) as we all know FM4 will be shown at E3. The latest... taken from gtplanet..

Quote Originally Posted by vkss@gtplanet
      A limited quantity of Forza Motorsport 4 games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of Forza Motorsport 4 game discs, will include:

Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965
      Koenigsegg Agera 2011
      Lexus SC300 1997
      RUF RGT-8 2011
      Tesla Roadster Sport 2011

Turn 10 Studios has also revealed that the cover car for the standard edition of Forza Motorsport 4 is the Ferrari 458 Italia.

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/i...ition-revealed

Get a head start on the competition with “Profile Import”
      For those who have invested tireless hours in “Forza Motorsport 3”, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique “Forza Motorsport 4” feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time. Based on your player level and the cars in your garage in “Forza Motorsport 3”, gift cars will be automatically added to your “Forza Motorsport 4” garage and you’ll also receive bonus gifts and credits. And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!
      Love the fact that painters can port over their work from FM3. Shame I spent more time in FM2 but I do have some stuff to port over

They mentioned a RUF RGT-8. I hope Porsches remained in the game and they didn't go PD route by including RUFs as Porsches. I'll take them.... but I don't want to lose the Porsches!!

I told myself I wouldn't be getting the special edition for this but... if those 5 cars are exclusive to SE/CE owners... I don't care for the Tesla nor the Lexus but the RUF, 65 Mustang and Koenigsegg.... yeah... do want.

New lighting engine looks great. But I have to say I hate the 'better with Kinect' logo on the boxart. ughhh...
      Hey MS... how about 'we opened up 3rd party wheel support so now "better with any wheel you wanna use"'

05-26-2011 12:54 PM #23
      The Top Gear branding on the packaging is intriguing. Also take note of the track on the box art... that's Indy although shown in the F1/road course orientation.
      Last edited by F1_Fan; 05-26-2011 at 12:57 PM.
      There's always money in the banana stand.

24. 05-26-2011 01:38 PM #24
      Didn't even realize that! Hopefully it's not just Indy's oval. Would like to have their street track as well.

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      05-26-2011 01:44 PM #25
      I really really hope that T10/MS can properly market Forza 4...it doesn't matter to me, since I will pre-order it anyway, but I think they have a great opportunity to slap Sony/PD in the face over how pathetic GT5 is.

I can not wait for FM4 and the early news thus far is great.

Now I just need to buy a used MS 360 wheel before it comes out.
      vwot.org

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.
      In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity. - Hunter S Thompson

26. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      05-26-2011 01:45 PM #26
      i already can't wait to buy that CRZ and swap motors, to have an awesome car.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      05-26-2011 01:35 PM #27
      that livery and layers perk is clutch!

good stuff.

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      06-06-2011 07:27 PM #28
      if I compare the $100 I spent on FM3 + DLC to the $60 I spent on GT5...I'll happily pay for the superior product T10 will turn out.
      vwot.org

29. 06-06-2011 07:47 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
      if I compare the $100 I spent on FM3 + DLC to the $60 I spent on GT5...I'll happily pay for the superior product T10 will turn out.
      This... or don't buy any of the DLC and wait a year to get the ultimate collector's edition which should include most if not all DLC. I doubt I'm buying DLC this version and debating if I should go normal version or not. Unless there's a car I absolutely need to have, I'm passing on DLC and will repick up the game later on to try out the cars/tracks I missed out on.

Vehicles
      1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG | 2014 Porsche Cayman
      06-06-2011 08:33 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by CuCo33 View Post
      This... or don't buy any of the DLC and wait a year to get the ultimate collector's edition which should include most if not all DLC. I doubt I'm buying DLC this version and debating if I should go normal version or not. Unless there's a car I absolutely need to have, I'm passing on DLC and will repick up the game later on to try out the cars/tracks I missed out on.
      I'm debating this as well. I went out and bought the collector's edition, but it turned out to be pointless since they made the content available to everyone (not that I mind).

It boils down to whether or not you want the bonus content from the day you own the game or 6 months down the road.

And they had better make the retailer pre-order cars available!

Vehicles
      E30/E39
      06-06-2011 08:50 PM #31
      Top Gear test track!!

32. 06-06-2011 09:03 PM #32
      I hope they have a good drag strip this time around.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      06-06-2011 09:21 PM #33
      i agree. just because i don't pre-order, i don't want to miss out on the BMW 1M.

they did say five new tracks. didn't catch if that meant five new real tracks or just five new environments. top gear track obviously, IMS from the cover art, and that Alps track that the cars have been showcased on today.

34. 06-06-2011 10:06 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      i agree. just because i don't pre-order, i don't want to miss out on the BMW 1M.

they did say five new tracks. didn't catch if that meant five new real tracks or just five new environments. top gear track obviously, IMS from the cover art, and that Alps track that the cars have been showcased on today.
      why exactly do you have an issue with preordering though? free stuff just for a $5 deposit...

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      06-06-2011 10:10 PM #35
      i doubt i'll get any sort of collectors editiion...namely because the cars always seem to become available later as DLC or they are just special livery versions of other cars

i will buy DLC though as long as there is something worthwhile

i wish they would invest in licensing for some more real-world tracks...i want Spa
      vwot.org

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast