Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 125 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
    Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 4276

Thread: Official: Forza Motorsport 4 Thread

1. Member
      04-27-2012 01:45 PM #3101
      That's exactly the reason I haven't bought Skyrim yet. I lost myself in Oblivion for months, I've got enough other games that need finishing that I don't want to lose myself in it. Forza has already been my go-to game for the last few months, whether its playing rivals, event list or just buying and building cars.

Vehicles
      2002 Mazda Protege5
      04-27-2012 01:50 PM #3102
      I wasn't going to get it, as I too have a number of other games that I have barely played, but I got it for $20 brand new so I couldn't pass that up

Definitely has its share of glitches, but it's still a pretty addicting game.

3. Member
      04-27-2012 06:03 PM #3103
      Absolutely loving the Ford GT with the normally aspirated trick and tuned up to S700. Fantastic grip, great speed and not having to deal with all the torque from the charger lets you put down the power so much sooner. Just placed a best of friends leaderboard time on Silverstone Grand Prix with it.

Nick will knock if off within two laps with a Country Squire or something I'm sure, but it felt good to get there.

Vehicles
      2002 Mazda Protege5
      04-27-2012 06:35 PM #3104
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburgraz View Post
      Absolutely loving the Ford GT with the normally aspirated trick and tuned up to S700. Fantastic grip, great speed and not having to deal with all the torque from the charger lets you put down the power so much sooner. Just placed a best of friends leaderboard time on Silverstone Grand Prix with it.

Nick will knock if off within two laps with a Country Squire or something I'm sure, but it felt good to get there.
      challenge_accepted.jpg

I needed something to do this weekend if it ends up raining the whole time as forecasted

5. Member
      04-27-2012 06:45 PM #3105
      Haha @ challenge accepted, you're only 1.8 seconds off in a completely stock McLaren MP4-12C. You'll only take 1 lap with that spread.

Vehicles
      2002 Mazda Protege5
      04-27-2012 08:49 PM #3106
      A clean 2:02.480 is all I can muster with my S659 RWD 925hp Squire S659 is the max PI it will hit while staying RWD; AWD bumps it up to S700.

Time to throw AWD in there and see if that helps...

Edit: with AWD S700 I'm down to 2:00.819; beat my McLaren so you can actually see the Squire on the leaderboard, lol.

I know it's got it in it, just a bit more tweaking and a bit more learning how to muscle it around
      Last edited by nickthaskater; 04-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.

7. Member
      04-28-2012 03:37 AM #3107
      That's an awesome time for a car that should probably never be in S class.

Vehicles
      2002 Mazda Protege5
      04-28-2012 04:38 PM #3108
      Got it down to a 1:59.785...

Trying to get rid of the massive initial and mid-corner understeer; that alone is robbing me of a huge chunk of time, as I have to slow to a crawl just to get it to turn in and can't get on the throttle until corner exit without sliding wide mid-corner.

Such an unwieldly bitch, lol.

Edit:
      Holy balls... I can't believe I just did that, lol.

1:58.960

Leaderboard verified, lol. Best part is the "Near Me" Ferrari F50, Gallardo S, Diablo GTR, Country Squire, McLaren MP4-12C, Diablo GTR, McLaren F1...

And with that...

Last edited by nickthaskater; 04-28-2012 at 05:47 PM.

9. Member
      04-29-2012 01:58 PM #3109
      Wow, you got into the 1:58's with it? That's stunning man. Really really well done!

Time to go troll people online with it?

I'm still working my way through S-class races with the GT. Having a blast of a time, the car is just so nice to drive without having to worry about the s/charger kicking out the rear.

Still slowly filling out my garage. Picked up a Pagani Zonda C12 for 215k on the AH (regular 500k). Trying to get a Saleen S7. Missed one for 86k because I was in a race. I still have to buy a Mossler, is it as dominant in this game as it was in F3?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

10. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      04-30-2012 02:56 AM #3110
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburgraz View Post
      Trying to get a Saleen S7.
      ugh, i have a whole list of cars i check everyday on the auction house, and the S7 is one of them. prices have been weird lately, it seems. really high prices for some cars, and really low for others.

i was looking for a lotus carlton for less than the 19,000 credits new, and all of them for about a week straight, were over 400,000 credits. no idea if they were actually selling for that price, or what, but i finally just paid the 19,000 for a new one.
      welcome to the layer cake

11. 04-30-2012 11:28 AM #3111
      Any real track you wanted to be included on FM4?

Spa-Francorchamps for me

12. 04-30-2012 12:16 PM #3112
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      I don't have fun in Forza playing the AI anymore since they're too easy and I just walk them after the initial crash fest at the start. I have more fun autocrossing, or just pounding around tracks for fun.
      Totally agree. I'm inching my way through the main career for achievements . . I think I'm on the 8th year. Although, after playing FM2 and FM3, I barely touch the game anymore. I need weather, night time racing, SOMETHING to make it more interesting!

Speaking of AutoX, did you beat all of my times yet?

13. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      04-30-2012 12:23 PM #3113
      I'd kill for Spa, Lime Rock, Donington Park, and Brands Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by nokVR6 View Post
      Totally agree. I'm inching my way through the main career for achievements . . I think I'm on the 8th year. Although, after playing FM2 and FM3, I barely touch the game anymore. I need weather, night time racing, SOMETHING to make it more interesting!

Speaking of AutoX, did you beat all of my times yet?
      Agreed. I had the same issue with GT4. I pounded the hell out of GT3, so when 4 came around, I didn't want to do "B Class Japanese FWD Hatch" races. So I ended up just beating the 'Ring to bits.

I haven't beaten your times yet. Most of my times are set with about 30 minutes of practice, and to go faster, I'll be there for a long time practicing, changing the set up, and I don't have the time to devote to it. You're fast through the cones, and a good challenge.
      Last edited by Brendan@bwalkauto; 04-30-2012 at 12:26 PM.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      14 CAAD10 5
      04-30-2012 12:25 PM #3114
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportFan View Post
      Any real track you wanted to be included on FM4?

Spa-Francorchamps for me
      Bathurst
      coolWATER

15. 04-30-2012 12:52 PM #3115
      I haven't beaten your times yet. Most of my times are set with about 30 minutes of practice, and to go faster, I'll be there for a long time practicing, changing the set up, and I don't have the time to devote to it. You're fast through the cones, and a good challenge.
      You have no idea how much time I had to spend on a few of those that you beat me on. I think that game type is half luck and half skill. Plus, on one or two of the events (I'm not sure if my current times have this or not) I know I touched a cone just hard enough with the back end of the car that it knocked it over, but didn't count it against me. The game seems to be weird with things like that, maybe they've patched it or fixed it by now, though.

I'll send you the cars I used for 1600 MS points and a day long test drive in a Lotus (any model OK).

16. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      04-30-2012 01:38 PM #3116
      You have no idea how much time I had to spend on a few of those that you beat me on. I think that game type is half luck and half skill. Plus, on one or two of the events (I'm not sure if my current times have this or not) I know I touched a cone just hard enough with the back end of the car that it knocked it over, but didn't count it against me. The game seems to be weird with things like that, maybe they've patched it or fixed it by now, though.

I'll send you the cars I used for 1600 MS points and a day long test drive in a Lotus (any model OK).
      The only one I spent a ton of time on was the last rival one. I think it was in Catalyuna, and I used a Rossion Q1, and while I know I left a few seconds in it (I totally ***** footed the last 1/2 of the track), I was done.

I did the S class monthly auto x with an Evora, and I hit a cone that should not have counted. Oh well, it was still quick even with the 5 second penalty. The cone touches are odd, as some times I send cones flying and don't get a penalty, sometimes I touch it and don't move it and get 5 sec, and once I sent a cone flying without a penalty, but it hit a bunch of others, and then I got a penalty.

If you're ever in the Bay Area when I'm working some of these fun events, I'll let you tag along.

Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN

17. 04-30-2012 04:57 PM #3117
      Great success! Now I need that ticket . . too.

I think it all depends on how you hit it . . if its the front bumper or doors, no good. If its anything behind those, might have a chance of not having it count against you. I'm sure it also depends on if the gate counted already. If you hit it right before it counts the gate, that probably adds 5 seconds, while if you nudge it on the way out, it may not.

Any idea when FM5 will come out?

18. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      04-30-2012 08:05 PM #3118
      No clue about FM5. I'm interested in the open world game with the Forza engine too. I'd really like to smash around a city with this physics engine, or down a realistically narrow mountain road (Fujimi old downhill is fun but way too wide, and new downhill is alright, but nowhere near as narrow as I'd like).
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN

19. Member
      05-01-2012 12:15 AM #3119
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      ugh, i have a whole list of cars i check everyday on the auction house, and the S7 is one of them.
      Sent over an S7 tonight. Found a good deal on one on the auction house and bought it out. Equipped it with all engines and most parts so you can build it how you like (in case your Saleen affinity is low, all parts aside from the motor / aspiration swaps were free for me).

What else is on your shopping list?

20. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      05-01-2012 02:12 AM #3120
      wow! thanks a lot man!

Alfa Romeo 8C
      Audi Sport Quattro #2
      BMW M3 GTR (race)
      BMW Z4 GT3
      Bugatti SS
      Cadillac LMP
      Dodge Charger Daytona
      Ferrari 333
      Ferrari 312
      Ferrari Enzo
      Ferrari FXX
      Honda Lola
      Lexus LFA
      Mazda 787B
      Panoz LMP
      Pug Oreca 908
      Pug 207 S
      Saleen S7 - check
      Toyota LMP

that's about the general list i check every night i log on. i'm really trying to hold off on buying some even though there are decent deals, because i know i'll be buying an ass-ton of Porsches.

speaking of which, any word of the May Porsche pack?

05-01-2012 02:38 AM #3121

May 22nd I hear.
      XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

22. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      05-01-2012 03:24 AM #3122
      thanks for the heads up!

i guess i was hoping it was May 1st.

23. Member
      05-01-2012 08:16 AM #3123
      that's about the general list i check every night i log on.
      Expensive list. If I see any deals on any of them I'll pick them up for you.

Vehicles
      2004 Volvo S60R, 2003 Volvo V70 2.4T
      05-01-2012 08:31 AM #3124
      The only one I spent a ton of time on was the last rival one. I think it was in Catalyuna, and I used a Rossion Q1, and while I know I left a few seconds in it (I totally ***** footed the last 1/2 of the track), I was done.

I did the S class monthly auto x with an Evora, and I hit a cone that should not have counted. Oh well, it was still quick even with the 5 second penalty. The cone touches are odd, as some times I send cones flying and don't get a penalty, sometimes I touch it and don't move it and get 5 sec, and once I sent a cone flying without a penalty, but it hit a bunch of others, and then I got a penalty.

If you're ever in the Bay Area when I'm working some of these fun events, I'll let you tag along.

I need to get to an AutoX in my brother's Elise. He says it's great fun. I still want to take my M to one too.

Great success! Now I need that ticket . . too.

I think it all depends on how you hit it . . if its the front bumper or doors, no good. If its anything behind those, might have a chance of not having it count against you. I'm sure it also depends on if the gate counted already. If you hit it right before it counts the gate, that probably adds 5 seconds, while if you nudge it on the way out, it may not.

Any idea when FM5 will come out?
      Live in the DC or Harrisburg, PA area? I could maybe hook you up with a Lotus ride...

wow! thanks a lot man!

Alfa Romeo 8C
      Audi Sport Quattro #2
      BMW M3 GTR (race)
      BMW Z4 GT3
      Bugatti SS
      Cadillac LMP
      Dodge Charger Daytona
      Ferrari 333
      Ferrari 312
      Ferrari Enzo
      Ferrari FXX
      Honda Lola
      Lexus LFA
      Mazda 787B
      Panoz LMP
      Pug Oreca 908
      Pug 207 S
      Saleen S7 - check
      Toyota LMP

that's about the general list i check every night i log on. i'm really trying to hold off on buying some even though there are decent deals, because i know i'll be buying an ass-ton of Porsches.

I've been saving up for Porsches as well. I think I'm up over 45 Mil now.

Are those cars you want? I can maybe grab some and send em your way. What was your GT? I think you're on my list.

I just dropped this on my SF last night...it's an R5 Turbo, and it is damn fast...These are some of my times...every time I ran it I was setting high numbered places. And I'm not particularly fast.

Tsukuba Short - 0:48.227 - #337
      Tsukuba - 1:03.613 - #132
      Top Gear East Reverse - 0:39.743 - #84
      Top Gear West Reverse - 0:35.243 - #169
      Ladera Full Reverse - 58.649 - #658
      Silverstone National - 1:07.364 - #543
      Motegi East - 1:38.162 - #911 (Under Online Race Conditions)
      Seabring Club - 1:16.429 - #388 (Under Online Race Conditions)
      Rally Di Positano - 1:07.288 - #823
      Iberian Short - 0:48.408 - #561

All of my times except for Tsukuba Full were set in 5 laps or fewer. I know some of the times are only medeocre for myself, but rest assured, if I can hit those times, top drivers will be top 100, top 50, maybe even top 10 if they are diligent enough. This car is a certified Spark killer, and an online beast. I've only ever lost 2 races out of probably 20 I've run it in, and in those I had the fast lap, just too much traffic at the beginning to catch up.

2004 Volvo S60R
      2003 Volvo V70 2.4T

25. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      05-01-2012 04:54 PM #3125
      yeah, it's an expensive list.

i'm definitely not expecting anything, but they are just cars i check for each time i play in hopes finding a scorcher of a deal. and now that i know to take time and scroll to the bottom looking for non-VIP auctions, i might have better luck.

but, i'm always open to free cars! i'm hovering around the 2,000,000 mark now, and plan on increasing that in the next few weeks before the porkers come out.

if you want anything in return let me know and i'll see what i can do.

GT: RatBustard

Page 125 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast