Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Thank you

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 Golf (sold), '82 Rabbit 'vert, '92 Jetta VRT, '00 BMW 323i wagon
      12-19-2010 05:59 PM #1
      Just wanted to give a shout out and say "THANK YOU!!" to the great people of this cabby forum. if you drink it! I've learned so much from those in here and it's been a tremendous help the last few days diagnosing and fixing problems with a 1990 Cabby a buddy of mine is putting together on a budget for his 16 year old daughter. Kammy's fabulous www.cabby-info.com site for relay/fuse panel diagrams and Briano's great info about gauge issues have been indispensible. Oran's A/C delete also came in very handy and works like a charm! Thanks again, everyone, and have a happy holiday!

Vehicles
      93 cabby, 68 bug.72 ironhead,96 1200sporty
      12-19-2010 06:20 PM #2

Vehicles
      , 1986 Cabriolet "ripper",,,
      12-19-2010 10:04 PM #3
      I agree the 2 main cabby god's Brian1234 and kamz. Thanks for your help guys
      Mk1 crowd:: Put your bumpers back on!!

Vehicles
      1987 Volkswagen Cabriolet, 1989 Chevy S10
      12-19-2010 10:35 PM #4
      Id agree with that!

When I bought my Cabriolet. I knew for $200 I had my hands full. Everything needed attention or replacement. And I will say, that I am glad I got a car that has such helpful and nice people behind it. Its not every day you have a car that has such a large "following/group" and that has its own 'web site' with tons of information. And of course, the thriving forums with people who share the same issues a lot of times and have solutions. Sure almost every car has forums for them, but a lot of them are dead.

Without the Cabby Info site, and Bad Habit Rabbit, and Rusty Rabbit...I do not think I would still have my Cabriolet and still be working on it. Surly I would have given up because I did not understand some of the stuff on these cars.

Vehicles
      1987 Cabriolet (5 speed)
      12-20-2010 02:48 PM #5
      Hear, hear. Yes this forum saved me a load of money and headaches! Can't wait until spring, poor girl is under a foot of snow. Pretty sure I hear her pouting now and then.
      Thanks for helping a newb and have a great holiday!!

Vehicles
      89 Cabby, 01 xit
      12-20-2010 02:53 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by YJSAABMAN View Post
      Just wanted to give a shout out and say "THANK YOU!!" to the great people of this cabby forum. if you drink it! I've learned so much from those in here and it's been a tremendous help the last few days diagnosing and fixing problems with a 1990 Cabby a buddy of mine is putting together on a budget for his 16 year old daughter. Kammy's fabulous www.cabby-info.com site for relay/fuse panel diagrams and Briano's great info about gauge issues have been indispensible. Oran's A/C delete also came in very handy and works like a charm! Thanks again, everyone, and have a happy holiday!
      Could not have said it better. I might be a pseudo-lurker on the Cabriolet tex forum, but I am a daily visitor to cabby-info.com and the other highly helpful websites. Its the ability to get information from well respected resources that makes working on and driving these cars fun. If everytime something went wrong, the vehicle had to go to the shop or worse, the dealership, there would be no satisfaction in owning these temperamental beasts.

Thanks for all the good questions and better answers. Drive safe...
      "Those two piece splits are as close to fakes splits as real splits get"

Vehicles
      90, 92, 93 Cabriolet
      12-20-2010 03:30 PM #7
      First, thank you for the kind words.
      Second I and everyone else would be remiss with out Ron's expert timely manor and answers,
      I refer to the neo+bentley quite frequently.

So Ron, Thank you.
      Kammy, Thank you
      Luckster Thank you
      Oren, Thank you
      Dandydanny, for your air bag information countless owners thank you.

There are many more that I use or folks that I refer to different sites where information is deposited so that folks can have a care free Cabriolet driving experience. To those I offer my sincere Thanks as well.

May this Holiday season allow you to have a safe and daily cabby experience.

From a article that I read the other day, 25 percent of all accidents are caused by folks who are under the influence or drugs/alcohol. So the way I got it figured that it is the other 75 percent of the folks that are drinking Soda, Tweeting, and Texting, or jabbering away on their Cell who cause "accidents" that I really have to worry about
      Last edited by briano1234; 12-20-2010 at 08:00 PM.
      Grounds, Grounds, Grounds Replace them things.
      Divorces, Great Coffee, and Electrics, all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my grounds ?
      I am a Commodian. I tell really Crappy jokes.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      1965 Beetle, 1987 Triple White, 1988 cabriolet, 1993 2dr Fox gl, 1999 Jetta GL
      12-21-2010 03:19 PM #8
      Yes I agree, words can't say Thank You enough for the guys/girls on here that take time out of their schedules to answer questions and walk us through things when we don't understand them !!!! I hope everybody and their familys have a safe and Happy Holidays !!! Thank You Very Much !!!!!

Vehicles
      my other volkswagen is a volkswagen
      12-21-2010 10:07 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by canucker View Post
      I agree the 2 main cabby god's Brian1234 and kamz. Thanks for your help guys
      NO DOUBT!

This is def the best forum, for the best vw vehicle (in my opinion)

I love and appreciate all the help from other cabby people that helped me out.

No haters, no sh!t talking, just straight up legit people.

Happy holidays everybody!

Vehicles
      87 Cabriolet, 85 Cabriolet, 90 JettaGL
      12-22-2010 09:11 AM #10
      It's nice to know I can come in here and have knowledgeable people answer questions about any part of my car and I'll get reasonably correct info. I try to provide that and am glad others do as well. Ron, Kammy, Brian have always been here helping and we have a whole new crop of helpers now as well. Lurkers become contributors and eventually experts here. Congrats to all that help!

...0ran...
      Happy Holidays!

Vehicles
      03 NB TurboS, 87 & 88 16V Scirocco-TWINS, 89 Cabriolet, 71 Ghia, 04 FJR 1300
      12-22-2010 01:50 PM #11
      A big thank you to everyone who has offered assistance, advice, laughter at woes(because hey! we all need a little humor to get us through), and support to the Cabby community.
      Merry Christmas to you, your family, and your VW(s)

Vehicles
      92 Cabriolet Carat Triple White
      12-23-2010 01:25 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by briano1234 View Post
      Dandydanny, for your air bag information countless owners thank you.
      Aww, shucks!

I appreciate all of your posting and replies; sometimes a tread gets lively and fun

13. Member
      Vehicles
      86 Cabriolet, 73 Super Beetle
      05-06-2012 08:15 PM #13
      baaa...ump

I agree with everything in this thread

Thank you!!!

Kammy for your organization skills and history lessons
      Briano1234 for all your write ups and fixing my top leaks!
      Tolusina for you injector cleaning, clutch cable fix and all of your wiring goodness
      Beetlefreak help on my starting issues (cis)
      Cajunspike for making sure everybody has their year/model in their profile!
      Moljinar making my car fast (ac delete)

and for everybody else who has contributed to making my car a daily driver
      s2kvondeutschland
      sehaare
      createddeleted
      mileycyrus
      there is more that i am forgeting
      dink and flicka

14. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 Cabriolet, frt whl, automatic trans, California digifant, "Clipper" Style?
      05-06-2012 11:08 PM #14
      I must agree.

A 'Thank You!' thread here seems very, very appropriate. And, I too would like to say thank you as well.

I've heard there may be a way to donate around here.

Where is that? Cabby-info? And if it is over at Cabby-info, then how and where? EDIT: Found it. Home Page, lower left-hand corner. So, is that where VWVortex donations are done??

By the way, anyone else extending thanks here is welcome to consider making a donation too, if it's true there is a way. I wouldn't image it would take that much per happy patron to make a big difference around here, given the apparent number of 'satisfied customers'.

Last edited by theNamesRuss; 05-06-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Vehicles
      81 VW Rabbit 1.7L EN 4-speed 020 GP, 78 VW Rabbit 1.5L EH 4speed 020 GC->GP
      05-06-2012 11:21 PM #15
      i guess i havent helped enough yet,

when i get my lazy bum out to make my webpage i will help

16. Member
      Vehicles
      1990 vw cabriolet automatic with a/c
      05-07-2012 09:35 AM #16
      this noob/rookie would like to also thank everyone who has helped us over the last year or so. you guys, kamz, toulisina, brian, cajun, and everyone else who's responded has been the difference b/w us keeping and selling this car. thank you so much.

Vehicles
      1987 VW Cabriolet - (Stock, Auto)
      05-07-2012 01:55 PM #17
      I'd also like to say THANKS! to this forum and Cabby-Info. I'm trying to give back by submitting my photos & experiences, too.

I'd like to see links when you guys reference something that helped you, please! I read all this and then I want to go read the threads you talk about, but I can never find them!

Thanks again to everyone for being kind to us noobs!

18. Member
      Vehicles
      86 Cabriolet, 73 Super Beetle
      05-07-2012 02:04 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by fredges View Post
      I'd like to see links when you guys reference something that helped you, please! I read all this and then I want to go read the threads you talk about, but I can never find them!
      Most if not all of the links are on cabby-info
      dink and flicka

Vehicles
      1986 Cabriolet Best Seller; 2000 Jetta VR6; 1990 Vanagon Westfalia
      05-07-2012 02:22 PM #19
      You're welcome.

And thank you to everyone for helping to contribute to the best forum on VWvortex and to the best Cabby site on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by theNamesRuss View Post
      I've heard there may be a way to donate around here.

Where is that? Cabby-info? And if it is over at Cabby-info, then how and where? EDIT: Found it. Home Page, lower left-hand corner. So, is that where VWVortex donations are done??
      To clarify things: VWvortex gets "donations" in the form of advertising (banner ads at the top, forum sponsorship, etc.). When you click the "donate" button on Cabby-Info.com, you are donating to that site, which is advertising-free and is paid for out of my pocket and with my time. On that subject, a big thank you to everyone who has made donations... it's very much appreciated!
      Cabby-Info.com -- Your online guide to the VW Cabriolets
      Old Blue's Blog -- The adventures of a 1990 Westfalia
      "Fashion is a waste of money that could be better spent on, say, maintaining your car." ~James May

Vehicles
      91 Burgundy Etienne(2), 06 2.5L Jetta, 08 GTI 2.0T
      05-07-2012 11:53 PM #20
      Thanks for the thanks.
      And my thanks to the cabby gods as well.

Because of the fine people on this board and all the information that they have shared with me, 5 cabriolets have been returned to operating condition. At least 3 of them were flat out on the way to the scrap yard. Pieces of history have been saved.

VW designed and built these cars a long time ago. The fact they are -still- fuel efficient, fun to drive, and easy to maintain shows how well they were designed in the first place. Even today, you would have to spend upwards of $20,000 to get a similar car that probably wouldn't last as long in the first place.

I'm now working on a Cabrio and a Passat. You can bet vortex is where I will come with my questions.