Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View Poll Results: There shold be seperate forums for stock and aftermarket turbos (1.8t 20v)

Voters
    153. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes - add it

133 86.93%
    • No - do not add it

20 13.07%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.8T stock turbo, and 1.8T BT forums

Vehicles
      2003 VW 20th Anniversary edition #2082
      01-29-2012 02:47 PM #36
      Voted yes!!

All those who voted No they can't afford big turbos Yet!
      Last edited by Murphyman20thGTI; 01-29-2012 at 09:25 PM.
      Possibly looking to trade/Sell my 20th Gti check the link below

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...MASSACHUSETTS.

Vehicles
      90 GLi wolfsberg ABA
      03-10-2012 02:31 AM #37
      As has been stated before I think there should be a sections in each part of the forum for invite posting only , I'm sick and Fing tired of hearing about stance kids ( you all know who you are ). And I'm sick of looking for stuff to help my build and I have to wait threw all the crap ( half the post are just pure bulls*** from people who don't search , and them they cry cause they got flamed by stance kids spewing **** they were told a 6 months prior , at the sometime stance kids in general don't know Wtf they are talking about) .

I vote yes for this on so many levels and I'm doing a 1.8t St (small turbo , ko4 ).

Know I believe that the vw community is headed in two very different directions , one people who drive these cars and love them for all there stupid little flaws ( I remember when it wasn't cool to own these cars in fact people thought you were strange when you said "I drive a vw",were was I when the memo came out that stated owning a vw is cool) , these are also the people who build the **** out of there cars . And there is two .... stance people who dump the **** out of there cars to the point were of may not even be safe and the same goes for the stretched tires and the tight jeans ( BTW Wtf happens when these guys get boners ....) I'm so sick of stance kids giving me **** cause I have a "stock" headliner or I'm not low enough or I need to stretch my tires , or add a beer tap for a shifter ( this has no place on a race track )or my interior looks like **** cause its more practical to put my shift box inside my car mounted high up

It's like the mods and rocks in England

I have watched fads come and go but this stance **** seems to be staying ... witch is pissing me the **** off .

I'm sorry if this seems strong or I offended someone this is just a year of stance kids tearing my car apart when I spent two years and 12k (unemployed college student thats a lot ) restoring and modifying my mark 2 GTi
      Last edited by T-redmk2ABA; 03-10-2012 at 02:41 AM.
      if you can't find mk2 parts PM me I can find whatever you need
      I also make custom parts like grilles PM me with what you would want ie integrated aftermarket fogs and such like that

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      03 GTI 1.8t
      05-02-2012 08:22 PM #38

Vehicles
      one Chevy, one Audi, one VW, one Beemer, dead but not forgotten, and one Suzuki
      05-04-2012 01:38 AM #39
      I find it cinda YAWN!. What we really need is a better FAQ and better BT section in that. We will still have many a stupid BT question in a BT only section. There is just no way around young, newbees sprouting off at the keyboard before they research stuff. Any one that has been here awhile, is more likely to research on thier own, and figure a lot more stuff out on their own first.

So how would a BT forumn prevent that? Elighten me please.............
      And don't you think if the FAQ was upgraded, it would help more so....?
      Quote Originally Posted by rice is burning View Post
      I get tired of watching Hummer H2s race around. It's like a bikini contest for 300 lb women.

5. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-04-2012 04:05 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
      So how would a BT forumn prevent that? Elighten me please.............
      And don't you think if the FAQ was upgraded, it would help more so....?
      We already have a BT forum; its called "The Forced Induction Forum"..

That said; I agree with you 100%. A revised, and more VISIBLE FAQ would help a little; although there's no magic bullet IMO. N00b's will always be n00b's.

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      05-05-2012 04:07 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post

That said; I agree with you 100%. A revised, and more VISIBLE FAQ would help a little; although there's no magic bullet IMO. N00b's will always be n00b's.
      How much more visible does the FAQ have to be?
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never meet, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!

7. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-05-2012 04:21 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      How much more visible does the FAQ have to be?
      If it were possible to place "safety yellow" arrows underneath it, surround it with neon lighting and possibly even strobe lights; maybe 1 or two more guys would read it before posting..
      :p

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      05-05-2012 04:30 PM #43
      If it were possible to place "safety yellow" arrows underneath it, surround it with neon lighting and possibly even strobe lights; maybe 1 or two more guys would read it before posting..
      :p
      And not only that, but when I ask for occasional assistance in clarifying a piece of the FAQ, very few people are willing to help

90% of the people are just take take take
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never meet, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!

9. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-05-2012 04:49 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      And not only that, but when I ask for occasional assistance in clarifying a piece of the FAQ, very few people are willing to help

90% of the people are just take take take
      Gotta pm a couple choice individuals. As you know, many of the old timers only lurk, and rarely post anymore; as they feel its all already been explained, and documented.

It would be also be. nice if once a thread is added to the FAQs, if the photos were re hosted so they don't end up with missing images as guys purge their photobucket accounts

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI, 2011 husaberg FS570, 2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
      05-05-2012 06:27 PM #45

very few 1.8T BT posts are ever in the FI forum, and a lot of the ones that are there are cross posts.

11. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-05-2012 07:41 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by TBT-Syncro View Post
      very few 1.8T BT posts are ever in the FI forum, and a lot of the ones that are there are cross posts.
      I know. Im being technical about it (pun intended). Its the VRT forum more than anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12