Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Engine Fault - Workshop!

Vehicles
      2008 BMW 335i
      12-26-2010 08:23 AM #1
      As the title says, this message came up in my Multi-Function display. Happened after a loud beep (like when the temp drops below -5°C or you run low on washer fluid). The message only appeared for a few seconds then disappeared. No warning light, no difference in how it drives.

Car has been surging in 3rd gear around 1800rpm - barely perceptible, but you can definitely feel a small stumble/surge. Before the message came on I swear I felt a minor stumble... message came on right after a gear change down to 2nd.

Since it went away, is it anything to worry about? Anyone else have this kind of weird/scary (for a new car!) message.

Car has 31,000kms on it, recently had its 2nd service done (maybe 2 weeks ago)... Oil level good, fluid levels good etc. It's had an ECU re-flash done to correct the stumble/surge problem (was much more pronounced... other people have had it too)... this was done in July.

Internet searches have lead me to Europeans with issues with the particulate trap needing an emergency regeneration cycle... I don't get how mine could be plugged up - the car sees 80% highway driving (for almost an hour each way)... everything should get nice and hot. I do accelerate pretty hard in the city tho.

Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      12-26-2010 08:19 PM #2
      Could be pretty much anything - perhaps fuel quality or emissions related.

I would bring it to the dealership to have the stored code read out, and to have it documented for later (even if nothing needs to be done, now).

Vehicles
      7th VW... 8 others...
      01-17-2011 09:29 PM #3
      Curious to see if the O.P. has any updates to this, I had the same error popup on my '10 TDI today driving out of Boston...
      =====
      ===== Mine: 2010 Black Golf TDI
      =====
      ===== His: 2011 Black JSW TDI
      =====

Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      01-17-2011 10:12 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Hare View Post
      Curious to see if the O.P. has any updates to this, I had the same error popup on my '10 TDI today driving out of Boston...
      Do you have a CEL?
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits
      Not so OEM+ Koni Coilovers | Gentex Homelink Mirror | Yaesu FTM-350AR