Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 2209

    Thread: germanbycar's #3510 build

    1. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      03-25-2011 11:30 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Cupra lip!
      Bingo!!
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    2. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,877
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      03-27-2011 12:09 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      Bingo!!


      What do I win?
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    3. Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2009
      Posts
      11,970
      03-27-2011 01:21 AM #108

    4. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      03-27-2011 12:40 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post


      What do I win?
      a thumbsup

      Quote Originally Posted by Av. View Post
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    5. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-10-2011 04:09 PM #110
      Lip is going on these week.

      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    6. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-17-2011 03:09 PM #111
      Still no lip This week hopefully. Hellas got some mad tyte tintz. And I shot my roomates car. Photos are on flickr if ya wanna see them.


      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    7. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-17-2011 10:47 PM #112
      OCD kicked in and I went insane with removing the blue. Thank God.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    8. 04-18-2011 02:35 AM #113
      Hey man, when did you move to Gville? I remembered your Jetta from back in Panama. I used to have the Rave Green GTI before I moved down for school a couple years ago, if you remember anyways. Congrats on the R!
      Last edited by GreenWagen; 04-18-2011 at 02:40 AM.

    9. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-18-2011 07:10 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenWagen View Post
      Hey man, when did you move to Gville? I remembered your Jetta from back in Panama. I used to have the Rave Green GTI before I moved down for school a couple years ago, if you remember anyways. Congrats on the R!
      I'll be there permanantly for school in the summer. Yeah!! I remember your car. Don't you hav a rabbit now? and thanks!!
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    10. 04-18-2011 12:48 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      I'll be there permanantly for school in the summer. Yeah!! I remember your car. Don't you hav a rabbit now? and thanks!!
      Sweet man. You'll have the time of your life here. help too.

      Yea I have a rabbit now, but im looking to sell to go old school again an ready for something new. Lookup Swamp Euros on Facebook if you don't know already. We meet on Thursday nights on campus if you want to come out.

    11. Banned BetaOp9's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2006
      Posts
      5,408
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [TR #2392]
      04-18-2011 01:00 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      I'll be there permanantly for school in the summer. Yeah!! I remember your car. Don't you hav a rabbit now? and thanks!!
      What degree are you going for?

      ¥ Elite TapaTalk User ¥

    12. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-20-2011 09:12 PM #117
      Shots. Rallyarmors are off for summertime.



      a little grainy, but I like how they turned out.

      Also, this one's for Av. Here's the light output of the Hellas.

      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    13. Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2009
      Posts
      11,970
      04-20-2011 09:19 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      Also, this one's for Av. Here's the light output of the Hellas.

      Damn, those things are bright!

    14. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-20-2011 09:20 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Av. View Post
      Damn, those things are bright!
      Yessir
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    15. Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2009
      Posts
      11,970
      04-20-2011 09:23 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      Yessir
      hurts my eyes looking at the reflection on the road

    16. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-20-2011 09:31 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Av. View Post
      hurts my eyes looking at the reflection on the road
      Lol, that's why I dont really turn them on when Im around town. Backroad. That's another story.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    17. Member Roberts_J's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      852
      04-20-2011 09:47 PM #122
      For some insane reason i hadn't read through your thread before the pic of your buddies two tone dub.

      love all the mods dude! how did you color your trim around the edge of the window, like in this pic

      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      I'm saving my old hole-y grill to eventually do hella lights/ light bar

      and where did you get your mudflaps?!?

      Stay Orange

      Free Av.

    18. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-20-2011 09:58 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_J View Post
      For some insane reason i hadn't read through your thread before the pic of your buddies two tone dub.

      love all the mods dude! how did you color your trim around the edge of the window, like in this pic



      I'm saving my old hole-y grill to eventually do hella lights/ light bar

      and where did you get your mudflaps?!?

      Thanks a lot manMuch appreciated.

      And lol, I just noticed that in that picture, its just a reflection of something/the glass being photographed that somehow gave it that effect. Pretty nifty though.

      Hellas ftw If you have any wiring quesitons or anything, shoot me a PM.

      And I got the mudflaps on RallyArmor.com

      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    19. Member Roberts_J's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      852
      04-20-2011 11:37 PM #124
      Haha wearing a blue shirt perhaps? Gives me ideas to wrap the edge of that plastic though...

      Thanks for the info on the lights and flaps!!


      Sent via my flux capacitor with Tapatalk
      Stay Orange

      Free Av.

    20. Member Roberts_J's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      852
      04-21-2011 12:33 AM #125
      just curious, what style universal flaps did you pick up? the cheapo ones seem like they are fairly small...
      Stay Orange

      Free Av.

    21. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      04-21-2011 07:07 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_J View Post
      just curious, what style universal flaps did you pick up? the cheapo ones seem like they are fairly small...
      Tha Basics. There was no way I was paying $130. Basics were $16.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    22. Member Roberts_J's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      852
      04-21-2011 11:12 AM #127
      Awesome. Yeah those non basic ones are mad pricey! Glad to know the $20> look good!




      Sent via my flux capacitor with Tapatalk
      Stay Orange

      Free Av.

    23. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      05-03-2011 04:09 PM #128
      Well well well.

      Finally got the lip on. Love it

      Also went orange.

      Picking up wheels this weekend. Summertime=coils hopefully.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    24. Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2009
      Posts
      11,970
      05-03-2011 04:19 PM #129
      Orange

    25. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,877
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      05-03-2011 04:56 PM #130
      Cupra R Lip is ****in nice. How hard was the install. I know it isn't necesarily plug and play on our cars. More pics!
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    26. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      05-03-2011 05:55 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Av. View Post
      Orange


      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Cupra R Lip is ****in nice. How hard was the install. I know it isn't necesarily plug and play on our cars. More pics!
      Thanks!! I don't have a heat gun and I was concerned about drilling into my bumper, so I got my buddy who owns a shop to do it. He did a great job.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    27. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      05-04-2011 09:50 PM #132
      Cell pics for now. Bleh, got needed a break from exams so me and my buddies got to work.

      Going to make a proper mount that is completely removable for the Hellas so I can have them on/off the car whenever.

      First up. Filling the 8 license plate holes.


      Mixin bondo likeaboss


      Drying



      Rollin around like this for now. Lol.

      Should be done by next Tuesday. I wanna do it once, and I wanna do it right.

      Grill will be black. Idk how I'm going to make a bracket for the Hellas yet. But that's last on my priorities.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    28. Member 10Ten's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 29th, 2007
      Location
      Dave's not here.
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      05-04-2011 10:12 PM #133
      this brings back some memories.

      what black treatment are you going with?

      lip looks real good btw. i was gonna do the lip like 3 times but had to hold that off. inclines and speedbumps everywhere i drive.
      function/form

    29. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      05-04-2011 10:16 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by 10Ten View Post
      this brings back some memories.

      what black treatment are you going with?

      lip looks real good btw. i was gonna do the lip like 3 times but had to hold that off. inclines and speedbumps everywhere i drive.
      Thanks man, I love the lip too.

      And I'm going to use a black satin paint and then go over it with black protective enamel.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    30. Member 10Ten's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 29th, 2007
      Location
      Dave's not here.
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      05-04-2011 10:19 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      Thanks man, I love the lip too.

      And I'm going to use a black satin paint and then go over it with black protective enamel.
      yes. enamel. that sounds like the right answer to me. i'm considering something like that as well. will this be done at a shop or at home?
      function/form

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2011
      Location
      RI
      Posts
      959
      Vehicles
      MKV R32, MKII GLI
      05-04-2011 10:24 PM #136
      Think you could take some pics of how you mounted your mud flaps?

      Plan on getting these myself and I'd like to see what you did to install it.

    32. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      05-04-2011 10:32 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by 10Ten View Post
      yes. enamel. that sounds like the right answer to me. i'm considering something like that as well. will this be done at a shop or at home?
      Me and some friends are doing all the work.

      Quote Originally Posted by Sdubs View Post
      Think you could take some pics of how you mounted your mud flaps?

      Plan on getting these myself and I'd like to see what you did to install it.
      I don't have any pics and they're off the car right now. But, I just used the fender liner screws in the front after drilling holes in the Rally Armors. Then for the rears, removed the rear wheels and bought longer screws the same diameter as the fender liner screws. Drilled again, inserted longer screws through the rear Rally Armors, and put everything back on. I honestly just eyeballed it and had a buddy hold them in place and mark where they were when I found where I wanted them to sit.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2011
      Location
      RI
      Posts
      959
      Vehicles
      MKV R32, MKII GLI
      05-04-2011 10:37 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by germanbycar View Post
      I don't have any pics and they're off the car right now. But, I just used the fender liner screws in the front after drilling holes in the Rally Armors. Then for the rears, removed the rear wheels and bought longer screws the same diameter as the fender liner screws. Drilled again, inserted longer screws through the rear Rally Armors, and put everything back on. I honestly just eyeballed it and had a buddy hold them in place and mark where they were when I found where I wanted them to sit.
      This explanation is good enough. Just wasn't sure if there was some proper way to do it. I was planning on eyeballing it myself. haha Thanks!

    34. Member germanbycar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2009
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      05-04-2011 11:06 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Sdubs View Post
      This explanation is good enough. Just wasn't sure if there was some proper way to do it. I was planning on eyeballing it myself. haha Thanks!
      No prob. Leme know if I can help in any other way
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

    35. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,877
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      05-05-2011 08:26 AM #140
      Post a DIY for filling the grille holes and painting it when you're all done.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •