Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC Lurching forward(DSG transmission)

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      12-27-2010 11:02 AM #1
      I am currently having an issue with the transmission(DSG). basically what is happening is that occasionally when leaving from a standstill the car will lurch forward when i lift off the brake and then jumps when i press the gas. It is not smooth at all when leaving from a standstill and I am going to take it in to the dealership but since it is spiratic I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue and what the issue/solution might be.

Thanks in advance.

***UPDATE***

So I got a call from the service department and they said it needs a new Mechatronics?? unit. They said it will take 3 days to order and get it here.

I will let you all know how that works but at least they recognized it as a problem and not normal operation.
      Last edited by pfeifstudd; 01-03-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Vehicles
      2010 VW EOS 6MT, 1985 Cabriolet, 2012 Triumph Thunderbird (TOTALED)
      12-27-2010 01:14 PM #2
      Try turning off the Auto Hold option if you have that on. My car tends to do the lurch thing when it is on. If you have Auto Hold turned off and the issue is still there, try giving the car more time between pressing the brake and pressing the throttle. You almost need to be heavy foot in first gear DSG, to have the smooth feeling that a full auto transmission has.

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      12-27-2010 01:33 PM #3
      I don't currently use the Auto Hold so i double checked that. I have been doing some searching and it seems to be a reoccurring problem on the DSG. I guess i will ask the dealer when they call me tomorrow to follow up on how i like the car.

I just didn't know if there was a service bulletin out on it at all.

Vehicles
      2012 chevy camaro
      12-27-2010 01:52 PM #4
      i went to the dealer about the same thing...they told me it was normal for the dsg to act this way....but it does not feel normal at all
      2010 Black VW CC: Tint=20% rear 35% front, Tinted Front Blinkers, Euroswitch, Euro Cupholder, HID Headlights and fog lights 6000k, Full LED Interior, LED Headlight Strip (Audi Style), LED reverse Lights, LED Red Footwell Lights,APR Cold Air Intake,APR ECU Stage 1 Upgrade
      Future: Rims, R-line Style Fin

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC (DSG) - Candy White
      12-27-2010 04:40 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by earnhardtfan77 View Post
      i went to the dealer about the same thing...they told me it was normal for the dsg to act this way....but it does not feel normal at all
      x2 !! Everyone in my family who drives my car bring this up each time and I keep telling them that it is normal..
      Installed: Carbonio CAI, 4300K HID kit, 3500K Fogs (GP Thunder), Neuspeed Catback, Neuspeed 25mm Rear Anti-Sway bar, Euro Switch, VMR V705 18x8.5 ET35, Eibach Pro Kit, StopTech brake pads (front/rear)

Download my FREE Android apps, Squiggly and Transitions.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-line, 2012 GLI Autobahn
      12-27-2010 04:45 PM #6
      Honestly from what i've understood that's just the way the car is. I don't have problems with mine you just get used to it?
      2010 CC R-line. 5% tint, Euro Clear Corners,ST Coilovers, Whiteline Adjustable Endlinks, Led interior lights, Apr Stage 1 Carbonio Intake, R8 Coilpacks, Hoen lights, BrakePerformance Rotors, EBC Red Pads
      2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn- APR Stage Intake, Cree LED DRL, Hoen lights, ST Coilovers,AWE TOP, VMR V710 Wheels, Gloss Black Roof Wrap

7. Member
      Bronx, New York - where only the strong survive
      Vehicles
      '11 cc sport DSG
      12-27-2010 06:57 PM #7
      a friend of mine had this problem with his DSG GTI... turned out the Magnatronix (spelling ?) module was bad... dealer changed it under warranty, BUT, it was out of stock and took a month to get it from Germany... so he was in a Chrysler 300 rental for a month... (what a POS btw) anyway thats just my 2 cents...

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Lux+ DSG, 2001 Corvette 6spd Z51, 2010 Audi S4
      12-27-2010 07:05 PM #8
      FYI :Its called the Mechatronics module, it is the electronics and solinoid hydraulic valves that controls the clutches and gear selector servos. It is mounted to the side of the transmission.

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03 Mitsubishi Evo 06 Nissan 350z 07 Mazdaspeed3 2010 VW CC 2011 Subaru STi
      12-27-2010 07:50 PM #9
      I have the same issue.

I have already taken it to the shop and had the speed control sensor replaced.?.? It left me on the side of the highway with 5k miles on the damn thing.
      I was merging onto the highway, the rpm shot up to redline but the car was drifting as if it was in neutral. A message came up on the dash saying STOP car immediately transmission overheating.... WTF

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      12-28-2010 11:11 PM #10
      it lurches forward a little right? From my driving experience, it takes almost a second for clutch to engage, then gas lightly. But you will still feel like it's a manual from the slight vibration initially. (correct me if i'm wrong, then i might need to pay the dealership a visit)

11. 12-29-2010 07:55 AM #11
      if you use the hill hold, it will enguage the brakes when you come to a stop, and it will not creep. Then when you apply gas it will take off normaly. I find the dsg start stop far quirkier with hill hold off.

Vehicles
      2014 Audi Q5 2.0T, 2009 Tiguan SEL 4-Mo
      12-29-2010 09:24 AM #12
      The mechatronics controller in your DSG is malfunctioning. The DSG should not lurch. The clutch should engage smoothly. It is normal for it to be a bit more ubrupt going up hill. If you car feels like someone popping the clutch from a stop, take it to a dealer to have it serviced.

I am on my second mechatronics controller. It was replaced after having the same problem the OP is describing. Your dealer may try a software upgrade to fix the problem, but it didn't work on my car.
      mine: 2014 Q5 2.0T Moonlight Blue. 1987 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo. Treatment for my midlife crisis.
      hers: 2009 Tiguan SEL 4-mo. Wild Cherry & Cornsilk, RNS-510, Panaroof, running boards, Thule roof carrier

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      12-29-2010 10:18 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Scott Evil View Post
      The mechatronics controller in your DSG is malfunctioning. The DSG should not lurch. The clutch should engage smoothly. It is normal for it to be a bit more abrupt going up hill. If you car feels like someone popping the clutch from a stop, take it to a dealer to have it serviced.

I am on my second mechatronics controller. It was replaced after having the same problem the OP is describing. Your dealer may try a software upgrade to fix the problem, but it didn't work on my car.
      Thanks for the information everyone, I made an appointment to take it in tomorrow and will update when I get some resolution

Vehicles
      2010 Island Gray CC Sport
      12-29-2010 11:08 AM #14
      How do you people find dealers that actually address your concerns. All my local (NYC/LI) area dealers that I have tried with my last passat or current 2010 cc seem programmed to say " Oh that's a normal feature." They say that before I even finish a sentence. They even tried that when there was water pouring into the car through my rear windows (A well known TSB). Any suggestions? My car is is doing the whiplash-inducing lurch particularly when it's hot.

I love the car, the looks and the interior, but I can't deal with the service departments. I work on cars as a hobby, I have the Vag software, and obviously VW service departments can't deal with people that know more than just the location of the brake pedal. Recently, I caused a short circuit in my service adviser's brain when I told him that I will skip on their nearly $1k brake service and do the work myself. "......But...but the EPB ("special brake" was his term) needs a special kind of vw computer." Wow, no, really?
      Last edited by idq1i; 12-29-2010 at 11:25 AM.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      12-29-2010 12:38 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by idq1i View Post
      How do you people find dealers that actually address your concerns. All my local (NYC/LI) area dealers that I have tried with my last passat or current 2010 cc seem programmed to say " Oh that's a normal feature." They say that before I even finish a sentence. They even tried that when there was water pouring into the car through my rear windows (A well known TSB). Any suggestions? My car is is doing the whiplash-inducing lurch particularly when it's hot.

I love the car, the looks and the interior, but I can't deal with the service departments. I work on cars as a hobby, I have the Vag software, and obviously VW service departments can't deal with people that know more than just the location of the brake pedal. Recently, I caused a short circuit in my service adviser's brain when I told him that I will skip on their nearly $1k brake service and do the work myself. "......But...but the EPB ("special brake" was his term) needs a special kind of vw computer." Wow, no, really?
      hahahaha..that's funny dude.. I have the same problem with my dealer..guess how long it took it for them to give me an "analysis" of the problem? 5 mins over the phone when I left it for the 10k service..he just yelled out to some guy while I was on the phone and apparently the other guy just told him it's normal.. This is the problem itself but then there is the advice from this forum that i followed..as mentioned in a previous post when you start from a standstill don't hit the gas pedal right away..wait for about 2 secs and you will feel the DSG shifting then press on the gas for a smooth start
      Installed: Carbonio CAI, 4300K HID kit, 3500K Fogs (GP Thunder), Neuspeed Catback, Neuspeed 25mm Rear Anti-Sway bar, Euro Switch, VMR V705 18x8.5 ET35, Eibach Pro Kit, StopTech brake pads (front/rear)

16. 12-29-2010 01:49 PM #16
      Been having the same problem with my 2010 CC Sport R-Line. I noticed the lurching/surging from a stand still is worse when the engine is warm (after a freeway run). Letting off the brake from a stop will cause it to surge 3 times with the engine cutting out in between. It's also near impossible to get the car to take off smoothly from a stop, with or without the auto hold on. I also noticed the surging in reverse.

Taking it into the dealer tomorrow for the second time, the first time they said the car was normal. They said they have replaced mechatronic units before on these cars so I will be pushing for that.

Vehicles
      '10 Ford F350, '11 AUDI A5
      12-29-2010 03:07 PM #17
      I took mine in for something similar and was told this was "normal". Not sure what to tell you, maybe you can get yours fixed. They won't even look at mine anymore. Said they won't even take it back in for squeaks since they have looked it over. Trying to get rid of mine now.

Vehicles
      2012 chevy camaro
      12-29-2010 08:41 PM #18
      to get mine to launch smooth i hit the gas right away after letting off the brake
      2010 Black VW CC: Tint=20% rear 35% front, Tinted Front Blinkers, Euroswitch, Euro Cupholder, HID Headlights and fog lights 6000k, Full LED Interior, LED Headlight Strip (Audi Style), LED reverse Lights, LED Red Footwell Lights,APR Cold Air Intake,APR ECU Stage 1 Upgrade
      Future: Rims, R-line Style Fin

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 6MT
      12-30-2010 06:53 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by pfeifstudd View Post
      I am currently having an issue with the transmission(DSG). basically what is happening is that occasionally when leaving from a standstill the car will lurch forward when i lift off the brake and then jumps when i press the gas. It is not smooth at all when leaving from a standstill and I am going to take it in to the dealership but since it is spiratic I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue and what the issue/solution might be.

Thanks in advance.
      Do yourself a favor and compare your cars behavior to search results you will get by searcing "mechatronics"

It's been posted on this thread but to give you my personal experience with 08GTI DSG.....
      My GTI lurched at start from a stop, and even "Clunked". Clunked is the operative word to describe not only the cars action but the sound. It is anything but normal. Anyone riding in the car says WTF. This happend in Forward and Reverse as well as when car was at operating temp or cold. I also received the flashing PRNDL on Instrument readout MFI also known as the flash of death. This does not happen to everyone but if it does you have another strong indication of a problem.

This DSG malfunction [Clunk and Lurch] is not to be confused with the normal DSG behavior which is obviously different from a regular hydro automatic trans. When in doubt "test drive" a CC in the dealers inventory for comparison.

The dealer tried the software update on my GTI to no avail. Then ordered new Mechatronics unit and told me each unit is coded to the VIN and there is only one guy in the US preparing each and every one by hand to match up with the specific car. [Not sure if this was BS or not but it smelled fishy to me] They put me in a Jetta and said be ready for a long wait. As luck would have it my long wait was only a week.

At any rate mechatronics unit was replaced, problem was solved and it was back to normal. DSG is a great tranny but way to complicated. If my memory serves me correct the warranty claim to VWOA was over $4,000. Can you imagine paying for this out of pocket??? One thing I have always believed and now am even more convinced is NEVER own a VW that is out of manufacturers warranty period. Pls note VW acknowledges they have a problem and have issued updated DSG warranty for 10 years/100,000 miles.

Hope you find this helpful

Murf

Vehicles
      12-30-2010 09:15 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by idq1i View Post

Every dealer is different. Sounds like yours is just too lazy to address the problem. My suggestion is this: tell them you feel the car is not safe to drive. I went about six months with the problem before I took it to the dealer. I told them I was afraid I would end up in my living room when parking in the garage or I would mow over a kid at my son's daycare--that is a lot of drama, but honestly that is what I was thinking at the time. VW knows there are problems. A smart dealer will address your concerns.
      mine: 2014 Q5 2.0T Moonlight Blue. 1987 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo. Treatment for my midlife crisis.
      hers: 2009 Tiguan SEL 4-mo. Wild Cherry & Cornsilk, RNS-510, Panaroof, running boards, Thule roof carrier

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 6MT
      12-30-2010 10:28 AM #21
      Every dealer is different. Sounds like yours is just too lazy to address the problem. My suggestion is this: tell them you feel the car is not safe to drive. I went about six months with the problem before I took it to the dealer. I told them I was afraid I would end up in my living room when parking in the garage or I would mow over a kid at my son's daycare--that is a lot of drama, but honestly that is what I was thinking at the time. VW knows there are problems. A smart dealer will address your concerns.

http://www.autoinsane.com/2009/08/21...ught-on-video/

Vehicles
      12-30-2010 02:51 PM #22
      The OP is not talking about false neutrals.

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 6MT
      12-30-2010 06:44 PM #23
      The OP is not talking about false neutrals.
      True Dr Evil but he is talking about DSG problems which I had personal experience with and the flash of death was my point here. The clip indicates this problem for OP and I had this in my car which eventually resulted in Mechatronics replacement. I also think this GMA newscast forced VWOA's hand in the extension of the warranty on DSG to 10/100K. I think it's all relative information that he may find useful. The GTI community is well aquainted with this DSG problem but I get the impression that CC owners not so much so. This may be due to the fact that VW solved many of the problems prior to release of CC 09 models.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC, 2011 VW Routan (wife)
      12-30-2010 11:30 PM #24
      I am having problems now for the 3rd time with my DSG and my CC is 12 months old with 12k on the clock. On the 6th I have an appointment with a vwoa rep and will be taking them for a ride. Problem is the car needs to be hot and even then sometimes it does not act up. Let me tell you guys though when the car lurches when pulling into the garage it scares the crap out me and I really think this is a safety issue at this point. I have owned 4 Jettas and now this CC and this car takes the cake for being a mechanical mess.

Vehicles
      12-31-2010 09:22 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by MURPHYSAWG View Post
      True Dr Evil but he is talking about DSG problems which I had personal experience with and the flash of death was my point here. The clip indicates this problem for OP and I had this in my car which eventually resulted in Mechatronics replacement. I also think this GMA newscast forced VWOA's hand in the extension of the warranty on DSG to 10/100K. I think it's all relative information that he may find useful. The GTI community is well aquainted with this DSG problem but I get the impression that CC owners not so much so. This may be due to the fact that VW solved many of the problems prior to release of CC 09 models.
      It is relative to DSG issues, but it is not the problem described above. The dealer is already not cooperating so I do not understand how that video will help the OP. A different problem on a different car would complicate things and give the dealer more excuses to avoid dealing with the problem.

Regardless, VWOA needs to proactively address something this big. The fact that dealers are choosing to be ignorant is unfortunate.

26. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      12-31-2010 10:03 AM #26
      UPDATE*** Took my car in to the dealership and they had me ride with one the sales people who is supposidely the "DSG expert." He kept trying to tell me it was the larger rims and the large amount of torque the car makes.

After driving the sales guy back to the dealership I had the service manager ride with me and told him, "Look I am not an idiot and I know cars very well." it is not the 19" rims that were factory installed mind you and it is not the massive 215 lb/ft tq.

He agreed and said the lurching when the car gets hot is not the normal DSG problem and they are keeping it over the weekend to diagnose.

I will keep everyone updated and the result

27. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Lux, B8 S4
      12-31-2010 11:00 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by pfeifstudd View Post
      UPDATE*** Took my car in to the dealership and they had me ride with one the sales people who is supposidely the "DSG expert." He kept trying to tell me it was the larger rims and the large amount of torque the car makes.

After driving the sales guy back to the dealership I had the service manager ride with me and told him, "Look I am not an idiot and I know cars very well." it is not the 19" rims that were factory installed mind you and it is not the massive 215 lb/ft tq.

He agreed and said the lurching when the car gets hot is not the normal DSG problem and they are keeping it over the weekend to diagnose.

I will keep everyone updated and the result
      pfeifstudd,

Just curious as to which dealership you are using in Phoenix so I know whether or not to avoid them.

28. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      12-31-2010 11:12 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk878 View Post
      pfeifstudd,

Just curious as to which dealership you are using in Phoenix so I know whether or not to avoid them.
      I am at VW North Scottsdale. Only reason I took it to them is because I just bought the car from them about a week ago.

The service guys so far have been very nice and they road with me to verify they felt the problem, cause i told them it happens when the car warms up.

I will update when I hear from them.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 2.0T
      12-31-2010 03:58 PM #29
      I also have the same problem, looking forward to what they tell you.

30. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      12-31-2010 04:15 PM #30
      Service adviser gave me a call and said there is definitely something wrong. They said they checked the fluids and other stuff they said they can do and they opened up some help ticket with VW USA and are waiting to hear back from their techs after the new year.

So my car will be there over the weekend! to be continued.....

I made sure to take one of the techs out with me when it was doing the lurching thing and made them confirm they felt it before i left it. I hate leaving my car for a whole day and getting a call that afternoon stating we could not replicate the problem.

to be continued.....

31. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Passat 2.0t 6mt
      12-31-2010 11:33 PM #31
      Try to get the clutches readapted. Thats what the dealership should try first and if that doesnt work then mechtronics unit would be next.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      01-01-2011 01:10 PM #32
      I suggested the clutch readaptation idea to my dealer and they dismissed it.. I guess I should do what he did and have the service guy ride with me in some street with a lot of Stop signs..

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC 2.0 2012 VW Tiguan
      01-01-2011 09:08 PM #33
      Glad to see that others are reporting this issue, I thought it was the way I was driving the car to be honest. Mine has the lurch from a start after extended highway driving and then switching to stop and go. I note that the severity of the lurch is affected by how quickly I get on the gas pedal. If I give it a slight press for the first second and then apply it down it is not as bad. My car's production date was May of 2010, how about the rest of you CC owners that are seeing this?

34. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 2.0T
      01-02-2011 11:11 PM #34
      My production date is either May or June 2010 also

35. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      01-03-2011 01:27 PM #35
      So I got a call from the service department and they said it needs a new Mechatronics?? unit. They said it will take 3 days to order and get it here.

I will let you all know how that works but at least they recognized it as a problem and not normal operation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast