Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Clutch release noise/chirp/squeak/hooo

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport
      05-17-2015 05:54 PM #426
      That makes me feel a lot better. I've owned the car 6 months and it's been fine, and hasn't made the noise since I first heard it. Like I said before, the clutch feels brand new. I'll just keep driving it and deal with it if it ever gets bad. Hoping to have this car for at least another 100k miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      - 2010 CC 2.0T -

2. 07-12-2016 05:39 PM #427
      Quote Originally Posted by O_o View Post
      Update: got the car back today, and everything is right as rain. Great service from the dealer too.
      So I have to ask, how did you manage to get it sorted? I'm currently in battle with VW Canada as they are declining a warranty claim and my car is in pieces at the dealer.

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      01-20-2017 04:43 PM #428
      So I've read through this entire thread but trying to get some more anecdotal data on what the root cause has been. I have the same noise that's being produced in the videos people have posted, under the same conditions.

Long story short, I would like to know what the techs determined to be the root cause when people have had this work done. Trying to gather as much of these answers in my decision process. Thanks very much for any responses!

Context:
      My dealer diagnosed that the symptoms match that of TSB 2028783. However, they said the TSB solution (updated clutch assembly) wouldn't be approved under my CPO warranty. I escalated with VW Canada, and they returned with the same answer. No goodwill offered.

I call the dealer back, and we got to the point that if I agree to a transmission tear down (8 hours), they can diagnose for the root cause. Two possible scenarios:

1. If the root cause is the pressure plate or friction disc, it's "wear and tear", and I foot the bill.

2. If the root cause is the slave cylinder, throwout bearing, or flywheel, then the warranty will cover everything - even other parts that became affected as a result.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 POS
      01-20-2017 11:34 PM #429
      Quote Originally Posted by merfy View Post
      So I have to ask, how did you manage to get it sorted? I'm currently in battle with VW Canada as they are declining a warranty claim and my car is in pieces at the dealer.
      I didn't have to do anything. I just took it to the dealer, explained the problem, they drove it, agreed that it was the release bearing and therefore covered by the powertrain warranty, fixed it, and presented me with an invoice for $0.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718