Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Results 386 to 414 of 414

    Thread: Clutch release noise/chirp/squeak/hooo

    1. Member dcbc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      686
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 2.0T (6M)
      10-10-2013 04:05 PM #386
      Quote Originally Posted by bellsprout View Post
      I have the same issue, does anyone know why there is not a TSB for this? THIS MANY F***ING complaints and nothing from VW?

      Going to call the dealer today, will keep posting my rants
      When you call them, make sure you mention the TSB #2028783 released in April of 2012 for VW models CC, GTI, Eos, Jetta and Passat from 2010 to 2012 with 6 speed manual transmissions.
      2010 CC Sport 6MT, Clear turns, Modshack Intake, Unitronic Stage 1+, RNS 510 Upgrade, 9W7(L) upgrade, 10 spkr Audio Upgrade with Amp and 10" sub.

    2. Junior Member OhMyArik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 30th, 2012
      Location
      SW Ohio
      Posts
      26
      Vehicles
      2010 4dr GTI
      01-23-2014 03:29 PM #387
      Quote Originally Posted by dcbc View Post
      When you call them, make sure you mention the TSB #2028783 released in April of 2012 for VW models CC, GTI, Eos, Jetta and Passat from 2010 to 2012 with 6 speed manual transmissions.
      THANK YOU! I literally was just at my dealership complaining about this. They kept insisting the sound was from the brakes! Even after I duplicated it and showed them youtube vids and this thread. After giving them the TSB # they changed their tune! You rock dude!

    3. 01-28-2014 01:41 PM #388
      Thank you everyone for the information here, I too have the same issue but never knew what it was and simply attributed the noise to the cold. I just brought my car in for my 40k service and had mentioned clutch issues not knowing ANY of this existed (you can call me gullible). The dealer pointed their finger at me trying to say driver error but it makes no sense to me as my 2010 GTI only has 39,000 miles on it. After leaving the car there for 4 days and giving them permission to drop the transmission I requested updates bc I started doing research. I also requested the job isn't rushed bc the issue needs to be found and explained. They insinuated it was me every phone call until they told me they found some springs seem to be the issue but 'aren't really sure.' They did all of the repair work without contacting me as requested and slapped me with a $2,000 bill. The service guy told me he would write a Customer Care number on my paper work that I can pick up once I pay. I got my car and paperwork and began some serious research and to my surprise find dozens of complaints. I have since opened a complaint with Customer Care and contacted the dealer as to why they never even bothered to have this covered to or find out the root cause. I was told to pay the bill and was sent on my disgruntled merry way. I am hoping this is covered as this is clearly a known issue. Has anyone else fought VWoA after having the work done, pay the bill and then have it covered by VWoA?

      Thanks for any insight as this entire thread has already been an immense help to my defense.

    4. Member 2ohgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2004
      Location
      Crapville, PA.
      Posts
      9,379
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI 6spd. Wife 2011 TDI Sportwagen
      01-30-2014 01:40 PM #389
      Quote Originally Posted by AnnabelleVW View Post
      Thank you everyone for the information here, I too have the same issue but never knew what it was and simply attributed the noise to the cold. I just brought my car in for my 40k service and had mentioned clutch issues not knowing ANY of this existed (you can call me gullible). The dealer pointed their finger at me trying to say driver error but it makes no sense to me as my 2010 GTI only has 39,000 miles on it. After leaving the car there for 4 days and giving them permission to drop the transmission I requested updates bc I started doing research. I also requested the job isn't rushed bc the issue needs to be found and explained. They insinuated it was me every phone call until they told me they found some springs seem to be the issue but 'aren't really sure.' They did all of the repair work without contacting me as requested and slapped me with a $2,000 bill. The service guy told me he would write a Customer Care number on my paper work that I can pick up once I pay. I got my car and paperwork and began some serious research and to my surprise find dozens of complaints. I have since opened a complaint with Customer Care and contacted the dealer as to why they never even bothered to have this covered to or find out the root cause. I was told to pay the bill and was sent on my disgruntled merry way. I am hoping this is covered as this is clearly a known issue. Has anyone else fought VWoA after having the work done, pay the bill and then have it covered by VWoA?

      Thanks for any insight as this entire thread has already been an immense help to my defense.
      This is exactly what happened to me. I opened a claim w/ VWoA customer care first. VWoA customer care and they sided with the dealership immediately. I brought it in around 30k and the dealership couldn't "replicate" the sound when it was happening to me all of the time. It got a lot worse at 45k, and they said it was the clutch even though the clutch was not slipping. Even with some of the VW technical bulletins out there showing that there is a problem VWoA didn't care. The mistake I made was having VW remove the trans and have the clutch replaced. If I took it to an independent shop and got an aftermarket clutch it might have cost me less and I would have had a strong clutch and a single mass flywheel like I wanted.
      I think it comes down to the dealership you are going to. Some will be honest and some will rip you off.

    5. 02-05-2014 07:41 PM #390
      I have an update to this. I contacted VWoA and they resolved the issue with me in about 24 hours. They offered to cover most of the costs even though I already had the work done. They never acknowledged the issue at hand but stated stated, "We realize it is very unlikely to have something like this happen." And they also stated, "had the dealership contacted us we would be offering the same assistance." My dealer didn't like that I opened my mouth to VWoA and had nothing but self centered attitudes with me and was told to "never come back." I wish everyone luck with this as I know more people will be coming forward with failing clutches had they attributed the 'hooting' to cold weather. Be persistent and hopefully others can get assistance too.

    6. Member dcbc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      686
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 2.0T (6M)
      02-05-2014 07:57 PM #391
      Quote Originally Posted by OhMyArik View Post
      THANK YOU! I literally was just at my dealership complaining about this. They kept insisting the sound was from the brakes! Even after I duplicated it and showed them youtube vids and this thread. After giving them the TSB # they changed their tune! You rock dude!
      Glad it worked out for you.
      2010 CC Sport 6MT, Clear turns, Modshack Intake, Unitronic Stage 1+, RNS 510 Upgrade, 9W7(L) upgrade, 10 spkr Audio Upgrade with Amp and 10" sub.

    7. n00b tdi_twister's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 1st, 2008
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      4
      Vehicles
      09 Sportwagen SEL 2.0T (TSI) 6MT
      03-04-2014 11:59 AM #392
      Long-time reader, first time poster. Love the topic, big fan of the show.

      Here is my "me too" reply.

      I also made a video of my issue. Check out the References under Show More, too:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lIPsVB4Lw

      One of the four Milwaukee metro area dealers (to remain anonymous) was able to reproduce the issue but could not diagnose it since it only happens on the first few engagements after sitting in the cold. Despite the prevalence on the forums and TSB, they have never heard of the problem before.

      Does anyone have experience with Milwaukee (or Madison or Chicago) based dealers in getting this issue resolved (or, at least diagnosed)?

      Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by tdi_twister; 03-04-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added surrounding areas

    8. n00b tdi_twister's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 1st, 2008
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      4
      Vehicles
      09 Sportwagen SEL 2.0T (TSI) 6MT
      04-03-2014 08:29 PM #393
      I'm happy to report that, with the help of this thread (and others), my (and others') videos, and the TSB, my clutch and TOB were replaced under a goodwill warranty!

      I think the clutch is pretty well broken in at this point, it has been cold, and there is no noise heard so far. VERY happy camper here.

      Good luck to all...


    9. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2004
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      93
      Vehicles
      '10 CC 2.0T 6Spd, '07 Volvo XC90 3.2, '00 B5 1.8T 5 spd (ret.), '99 B5 1.8T 5 spd wagon (ret.)
      04-13-2014 08:22 PM #394
      Add me to this list. 2010 CC, 2.0t, 6SPD. Hoot, squeal started a few months ago (when it was cold), and clutch completely failed at 48K. Opened a case with VW Customer Care, who said a Regional Case Manager would contact me. Dropped car at local dealer. The dealer called me the next day to say, "VW told us to tell you to authorize $950 for teardown." I said no, and that I hadn't yet spoken with this Regional Case manager. Another day goes by, and finally some flunky from VW Customer Care calls and we go round and round. Bottom line-"VW won't authorize repair" even though I told him that their own TSB directs dealers to install an updated clutch, and that there is no way a clutch should fail at only 48K. When he started in on "driver clutch abuse" I told him to check his records and find my 10 years of B5 ownership. The clutch on that car lasted over 10 years/110 miles and was still good when I traded it in for the problematic CC.

      Anyway, the CC is now at my Indy mechanic. Hopefully it doesn't cost $2000 like the guy in an earlier post.

    10. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-13-2014 12:53 PM #395
      Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having this issue too. What is the recommended way of approaching this so that I dont have to foot that huge bill

    11. Member E CODE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2005
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      10,334
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 6MT, MK4 Jetta Wolfsburg Lapping Car Project,
      05-13-2014 01:10 PM #396
      Quote Originally Posted by Shobhz View Post
      Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having this issue too. What is the recommended way of approaching this so that I dont have to foot that huge bill
      Bring in TSB - replicate sound for tech.

      If they say they are doing the work, make sure a new TOB is installed... if they don't have one for the owrk (since the TSB is a little vague on replacing the 'clutch') buy one yourself for $150 and get them to put it in too...

      If they wobble, open a VWoA case...
      VAGKRAFT 2014 registration is OPEN!! | Red Beetle Heritage Wheels for sale | Micro Can VagCom in the Toronto Area

    12. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-13-2014 01:13 PM #397
      Quote Originally Posted by E CODE View Post
      Bring in TSB - replicate sound for tech.

      If they say they are doing the work, make sure a new TOB is installed... if they don't have one for the owrk (since the TSB is a little vague on replacing the 'clutch') buy one yourself for $150 and get them to put it in too...

      If they wobble, open a VWoA case...
      Thanks! will bringing in the TSB number be enough? or is there some formal form or something that VW released that I should bring in?

    13. Member E CODE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2005
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      10,334
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 6MT, MK4 Jetta Wolfsburg Lapping Car Project,
      05-13-2014 02:16 PM #398
      Quote Originally Posted by Shobhz View Post
      Thanks! will bringing in the TSB number be enough? or is there some formal form or something that VW released that I should bring in?
      I'd bring copies of the actual TSB.... most are too lazy to find it...

      Here you go: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post85490169
      VAGKRAFT 2014 registration is OPEN!! | Red Beetle Heritage Wheels for sale | Micro Can VagCom in the Toronto Area

    14. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-13-2014 02:36 PM #399
      Quote Originally Posted by E CODE View Post
      I'd bring copies of the actual TSB.... most are too lazy to find it...

      Here you go: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post85490169
      Awesome! Thanks for the help man. I spoke with VWoA and made a case, gonna hear back from a regional manager or something tomorrow after he talks to my dealer. I've already went to them twice and they said the clutch is perfect so I didn't even wanna bother with them again.

    15. Member E CODE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2005
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      10,334
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 6MT, MK4 Jetta Wolfsburg Lapping Car Project,
      05-13-2014 03:32 PM #400
      Quote Originally Posted by Shobhz View Post
      Awesome! Thanks for the help man. I spoke with VWoA and made a case, gonna hear back from a regional manager or something tomorrow after he talks to my dealer. I've already went to them twice and they said the clutch is perfect so I didn't even wanna bother with them again.
      The main issue is replicating the noise... as it goes away once warm... I have a couple videos of mine doing it, but then when it's warm like it is now... it goes away...
      VAGKRAFT 2014 registration is OPEN!! | Red Beetle Heritage Wheels for sale | Micro Can VagCom in the Toronto Area

    16. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-13-2014 04:19 PM #401
      Quote Originally Posted by E CODE View Post
      The main issue is replicating the noise... as it goes away once warm... I have a couple videos of mine doing it, but then when it's warm like it is now... it goes away...
      I was able to record the sound on my phone so hopefully thats enough. If not, then I have a bunch of YouTube videos to refer to thanks to this thread haha

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-14-2014 05:01 PM #402
      So I just got off the phone with a manager from vw of America. They said they can't do anything to the car until I take it in and they hear the noise for themselves. it's a pain to replicate on purpose so I'm not exactly sure what to do. Anyone have any advice?

    18. Member dcbc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      686
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 2.0T (6M)
      05-14-2014 09:15 PM #403
      Quote Originally Posted by Shobhz View Post
      So I just got off the phone with a manager from vw of America. They said they can't do anything to the car until I take it in and they hear the noise for themselves. it's a pain to replicate on purpose so I'm not exactly sure what to do. Anyone have any advice?
      Take it in in the evening and tell them no to try to test it until the next morning. Tell them to start it up and, immediately, take it for a drive with lots of stop and gos. It's easiest early in the morning.
      2010 CC Sport 6MT, Clear turns, Modshack Intake, Unitronic Stage 1+, RNS 510 Upgrade, 9W7(L) upgrade, 10 spkr Audio Upgrade with Amp and 10" sub.

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-20-2014 06:38 PM #404
      Quote Originally Posted by dcbc View Post
      Take it in in the evening and tell them no to try to test it until the next morning. Tell them to start it up and, immediately, take it for a drive with lots of stop and gos. It's easiest early in the morning.
      Took mine in and they said they were going to replace parts of the clutch! But they said no to the TOB. is this an issue now? the person above me said to pay to have it replaced but I'm not sure

    20. Member E CODE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2005
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      10,334
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 6MT, MK4 Jetta Wolfsburg Lapping Car Project,
      05-20-2014 10:04 PM #405
      Quote Originally Posted by Shobhz View Post
      Took mine in and they said they were going to replace parts of the clutch! But they said no to the TOB. is this an issue now? the person above me said to pay to have it replaced but I'm not sure
      If the TOB you have is the two piece, yes, buy a new one (the one piece) and have them put it in.
      VAGKRAFT 2014 registration is OPEN!! | Red Beetle Heritage Wheels for sale | Micro Can VagCom in the Toronto Area

    21. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-20-2014 10:15 PM #406
      Quote Originally Posted by E CODE View Post
      If the TOB you have is the two piece, yes, buy a new one (the one piece) and have them put it in.
      How do I know if I have the two piece or one piece?

      I called a local repair shop and they were gonna charge me $480 to install it. Not looking forward to what the dealer is going to charge.

    22. Member E CODE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2005
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      10,334
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 6MT, MK4 Jetta Wolfsburg Lapping Car Project,
      05-20-2014 10:36 PM #407
      Quote Originally Posted by Shobhz View Post
      How do I know if I have the two piece or one piece?

      I called a local repair shop and they were gonna charge me $480 to install it. Not looking forward to what the dealer is going to charge.
      It has to come off when they do the clutch - so there should be ZERO labour cost. You effectively have to do a clutch job to do the TOB.

      A good parts guy can look at your VIN... otherwise, order one in, have the tech LOOK at your old one... and if you have the two piece, then buy the one piece... if not, don't buy it.... make sure you can return the new one if you don't need it...
      VAGKRAFT 2014 registration is OPEN!! | Red Beetle Heritage Wheels for sale | Micro Can VagCom in the Toronto Area

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-21-2014 09:11 AM #408
      Quote Originally Posted by E CODE View Post
      It has to come off when they do the clutch - so there should be ZERO labour cost. You effectively have to do a clutch job to do the TOB.

      A good parts guy can look at your VIN... otherwise, order one in, have the tech LOOK at your old one... and if you have the two piece, then buy the one piece... if not, don't buy it.... make sure you can return the new one if you don't need it...
      Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

      I called the dealer and he said that they would have to drain the entire system if they added a new TOB so that would cost me about $300, but he said that I have a one piece so I guess I lucked out. Told him not to worry about it and fix the rest of the clutch.

    24. Member E CODE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2005
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      10,334
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 6MT, MK4 Jetta Wolfsburg Lapping Car Project,
      05-21-2014 09:36 AM #409
      Quote Originally Posted by Shobhz View Post
      Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

      I called the dealer and he said that they would have to drain the entire system if they added a new TOB so that would cost me about $300, but he said that I have a one piece so I guess I lucked out. Told him not to worry about it and fix the rest of the clutch.
      He's just screwing with you... the TOB is ON TOP of all of the other clutch parts...



      It needs to come off to get the pressure plate, flywheel etc... It's literally the first thing you remove once the bell is off..

      I have NO idea why they'd make a fuss over changing that out. That alone would make me go to another dealer... just shady if you ask me. However, good that you ave the one piece (if you trust them).
      VAGKRAFT 2014 registration is OPEN!! | Red Beetle Heritage Wheels for sale | Micro Can VagCom in the Toronto Area

    25. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-21-2014 10:25 AM #410
      Quote Originally Posted by E CODE View Post
      He's just screwing with you... the TOB is ON TOP of all of the other clutch parts...



      It needs to come off to get the pressure plate, flywheel etc... It's literally the first thing you remove once the bell is off..

      I have NO idea why they'd make a fuss over changing that out. That alone would make me go to another dealer... just shady if you ask me. However, good that you ave the one piece (if you trust them).
      Yeah I don't get it either. He didn't say anything about taking it off, he said they would have to "flush everything" if they did. Pretty sure he's just saying that so they make at least some money off the labor.

      This is already the second dealer I've gone to, the first one wasn't even willing to replace anything related to the TSB without me paying out of pocket. At least this dealer is fixing that so I don't think I can go anywhere else. He said the TOB was a once piece but I don't know if I trust him. They were great about everything else, I have no idea why they're giving me an issue with this. It's frustrating and concerning.

      I have a '12 CC sport, do those typically have one pieces?

    26. Member E CODE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2005
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      10,334
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI 6MT, MK4 Jetta Wolfsburg Lapping Car Project,
      05-21-2014 11:05 AM #411
      A '12 should have the one piece.... but it would depend on if it's early run or late run...
      VAGKRAFT 2014 registration is OPEN!! | Red Beetle Heritage Wheels for sale | Micro Can VagCom in the Toronto Area

    27. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2014
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      67
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport 6MT
      05-22-2014 09:33 PM #412
      Just got mine back from the dealer. Clutch feels completely different. I have some trust issues with stealerships in general so I really hope they solved the problem

    28. Member BETOGLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2010
      Location
      MEXICO CITY
      Posts
      6,388
      Vehicles
      2007 JETTA GLI, 2012 GOLF GTI 35TH ANNIVERSARY
      05-24-2014 05:17 PM #413
      Great info!

    29. Junior Member tborg1986's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2014
      Location
      MI
      Posts
      33
      Vehicles
      Black MK6 GLI
      07-18-2014 02:07 AM #414
      I just took my 2012 GLI in for this and I brought the TSB printout and everything. The morons at Vyletel VW said it was my aftermarket intake LMAO. Good thing I want to put a new clutch setup in next year anyway. Warranty stuff is such a hassle. The car did this noise with the stock air box and stock tune as well.

    Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •