Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Clutch release noise/chirp/squeak/hooo

1. 03-26-2015 09:22 PM #421
      Hi everyone!
      I registered just to thank this thread!
      My GTI 2011 made this noise since this winter, I decided to googling and I found this thread.
      I took the number of the TSB, I called the dealer, told them the number, they said ok, bring the car to them, they diagnose the sound, order the part and install it.
      Very good service, I'm in Canada Quebec.

Thank you!

Vehicles
      MK5 GTi
      04-09-2015 11:15 PM #422
      Quote Originally Posted by camarkim View Post
      Thinking back, they tried that on me. I walked and got the job done by my Indy mechanic and then filed the case with BBB to try to get VWoA to pay me back. (Which did not work) What a scam...I really believed (and still believe) they try to sucker you in by tearing down, then once it's apart they say, "Not our fault." Pay us to fix or put back together, which would leave the person at their mercy. I bet they know they will never pay for the clutches.

You gonna waste your time calling BBB? Even if you don't, then remember to file a complaint with safercar.gov. (NHTSA/DOT. ) Maybe if they see enough of these clutch complaints (and intake manifold complaints, and water pump complaints, at least for the CC) then VWoA will be forced to come clean about the bad clutches and other parts they put in the 2.0 engine cars.
      Yeah I think they would have screwed me after they had it apart. I didn't waste my time with the BBB. I didn't know about safercar.gov but I will file a complaint. I was pretty disappointed with the outcome, but I saw it coming. Oh well.

Jealous to hear that others are having luck. Maybe I'll come to up to Quebec

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport
      05-16-2015 11:40 AM #423
      I have a 2010 CC 2.0T, and I believe I just started to hear this "hoot" noise. Cold engine/clutch, but about 75 degrees outside. Slowly reversing uphill into my garage, not really slipping the clutch at all, but it made a hooting noise. I rolled forward, and was able to duplicate the noise once in reverse, but could not replicate it again after that.

My car has about 68k miles on it, and I drive it gently. Completely stock as well.

Any bets on how long it takes for the clutch to need replacement? Other than hearing this noise today, I have no issues with the clutch. Feels brand new.
      - 2000 Jetta VR6 -

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 CC 2.0T 6Spd, '07 Volvo XC90 3.2, '00 B5 1.8T 5 spd (ret.), '99 B5 1.8T 5 spd wagon (ret.)
      05-16-2015 05:26 PM #424
      I want to say mine hooted for a couple of months, then clutch failed quickly and completely. You might want to ride it out, and gamble. Or save up and get it fixed before it fails.

Vehicles
      metropass
      05-16-2015 05:32 PM #425
      It may never actually fail. I drove mine for nearly four years after first noticing it, with no issues other than the noise. It just got progressively worse until it was doing it all the time, at which point I took it to a dealer, and they replaced the whole clutch assembly. They didn't even try to charge me for it, because I'd first reported it while still under warranty.

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport
      05-17-2015 04:54 PM #426
      That makes me feel a lot better. I've owned the car 6 months and it's been fine, and hasn't made the noise since I first heard it. Like I said before, the clutch feels brand new. I'll just keep driving it and deal with it if it ever gets bad. Hoping to have this car for at least another 100k miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      - 2000 Jetta VR6 -

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213