Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 3544

    Thread: West Palm Beach Area Meet/Chit Chat - 561

    1. Member MasterNele03's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      West Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,620
      Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      01-03-2011 10:16 PM #36
      I live near 6th and haverhill but I work at forest hill and I-95 but I can't meet wherever I don't mind driving my GTI
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2008
      Location
      Boynton Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,751
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-04-2011 01:23 PM #37
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2010
      Location
      Lake Worth, FL
      Posts
      885
      Vehicles
      Guess...
      01-04-2011 10:14 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQualude View Post
      You cant make the kid suffer his whole life repaying 20k. I think he'll be much more careful next time. I did the same thing with my car when my foot slipped off the clutch...

    4. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,633
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      01-04-2011 10:55 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by E36_M3 View Post
      You cant make the kid suffer his whole life repaying 20k. I think he'll be much more careful next time. I did the same thing with my car when my foot slipped off the clutch...
      the "kid" is probably older than you, you still have a lot of growing up to do

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2010
      Location
      Lake Worth, FL
      Posts
      885
      Vehicles
      Guess...
      01-04-2011 11:55 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      the "kid" is probably older than you, you still have a lot of growing up to do
      Also, his parents were thinking of how to "punish" him, so I doubt he is older than 19. Probably more like 16.

      Dont we all.

    6. Member Big Cojones's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Palm Beach,FL
      Posts
      382
      Vehicles
      Current cars:MK5GLI, BT Audi A4 B5, MK3 Jetta VR6, 2012 Tiguan Se
      01-05-2011 08:06 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by MasterNele03 View Post
      I live near 6th and haverhill but I work at forest hill and I-95 but I can't meet wherever I don't mind driving my GTI
      PM me a number and I can get it done. I thought I was going to be able to make it friday but I have unexpected family coming down.
      Thanks
      I don't post much, but when I do I make sure its a good one! Stay thirsty my friends

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2008
      Location
      Boynton Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,751
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-05-2011 10:36 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by E36_M3 View Post
      You cant make the kid suffer his whole life repaying 20k. I think he'll be much more careful next time. I did the same thing with my car when my foot slipped off the clutch...
      I think it wasn't just being careless. It was being untrustworthy. It's one thing to borrow keys to turn on a stereo, & another to go ahead & turn on a car you have no idea how to drive. There was no way that car launched that hard by just turning the key one position too far. He at the very least needs to pay to fix the garage damage so that he doesn't screw his father with a rate increase & loss of his discounts. If Porsche insists on him not paying the deducible, then he got off lightly just by paying to fix the garage. I understand people make mistakes, but they need to do whatever it is that needs to be done to make things right.
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2010
      Location
      Lake Worth, FL
      Posts
      885
      Vehicles
      Guess...
      01-05-2011 03:42 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQualude View Post
      I think it wasn't just being careless. It was being untrustworthy. It's one thing to borrow keys to turn on a stereo, & another to go ahead & turn on a car you have no idea how to drive. There was no way that car launched that hard by just turning the key one position too far. He at the very least needs to pay to fix the garage damage so that he doesn't screw his father with a rate increase & loss of his discounts. If Porsche insists on him not paying the deducible, then he got off lightly just by paying to fix the garage. I understand people make mistakes, but they need to do whatever it is that needs to be done to make things right.

      Well, hes a spoiled rich kid, so his dad "making him get a job" was probably punishment enough.

    9. Member vwsparky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2005
      Location
      WPB South Florida and Hull England
      Posts
      2,284
      Vehicles
      01.5 Audi s4 avant 92 Gti 16v 81 porsche 911
      01-05-2011 06:45 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by E36_M3 View Post
      Well, hes a spoiled rich kid, so his dad "making him get a job" was probably punishment enough.

      How is he a spoiled rich kid?
      Cloud9helicopters

      awol.tv

    10. Member 5speedsteve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 13th, 2004
      Location
      WPB FL
      Posts
      1,025
      Vehicles
      1990 Jetta Calypso
      01-05-2011 07:51 PM #45
      im so out of the loop i have g60 swap and no time to finish it. Is there a shop north of Miami that does custom vw work?

    11. Member lil_kano's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      Boynton Beach, Fl
      Posts
      2,530
      Vehicles
      '04 RS .:R32 (Cloth), '02 Jetta TDI - R.I.P, '85 Scirocco - gone
      01-05-2011 07:54 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by 5speedsteve View Post
      im so out of the loop i have g60 swap and no time to finish it. Is there a shop north of Miami that does custom vw work?
      what kind of custom work? you should contact a few local corrado guys. There are quite a few that know their sh!t...
      I drive a Chewbaka noise maker. What 'bout you??

      WiTW'14
      Need a HFC or test pipe setup? PM me or email me on above!
      ArgonAddict

    12. Member 5speedsteve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 13th, 2004
      Location
      WPB FL
      Posts
      1,025
      Vehicles
      1990 Jetta Calypso
      01-05-2011 07:58 PM #47
      i have all the parts i just need to get it wired

    13. Member vwsparky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2005
      Location
      WPB South Florida and Hull England
      Posts
      2,284
      Vehicles
      01.5 Audi s4 avant 92 Gti 16v 81 porsche 911
      01-05-2011 08:00 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by 5speedsteve View Post
      im so out of the loop i have g60 swap and no time to finish it. Is there a shop north of Miami that does custom vw work?
      Wolfcars
      Cloud9helicopters

      awol.tv

    14. Member 5speedsteve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 13th, 2004
      Location
      WPB FL
      Posts
      1,025
      Vehicles
      1990 Jetta Calypso
      01-05-2011 08:01 PM #49
      i will call them 2morro

    15. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,633
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      01-05-2011 08:11 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by vwsparky View Post
      Wolfcars

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2010
      Location
      Lake Worth, FL
      Posts
      885
      Vehicles
      Guess...
      01-05-2011 09:43 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by vwsparky View Post
      How is he a spoiled rich kid?
      The dad obviously makes lots of cash, the kid has never had to work and it seems that the money to fix the stuff wasn't as big of an issue as the act of breaking it. Sure, the dad didnt want to have to fix that stuff, but I dont think it was the money that he cared about. My parents would have made me pay to fix it because they wouldn't be able to just write a check for the door and forget about it.

    17. Member vwsparky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2005
      Location
      WPB South Florida and Hull England
      Posts
      2,284
      Vehicles
      01.5 Audi s4 avant 92 Gti 16v 81 porsche 911
      01-05-2011 10:51 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by E36_M3 View Post
      The dad obviously makes lots of cash, the kid has never had to work and it seems that the money to fix the stuff wasn't as big of an issue as the act of breaking it. Sure, the dad didnt want to have to fix that stuff, but I dont think it was the money that he cared about. My parents would have made me pay to fix it because they wouldn't be able to just write a check for the door and forget about it.
      That doesnt make him spoiled. The kid is young not every kid works from the age of 14 or so. And it said at the start that he "returned from summer job hunting, accompanied by a friend". Thats your parents not his. Not the kids fault that his parents have the money to be able to 'write check for the door and forget about it." Im pritty sure it wasnt just forgotten about anyway. Its a life lesson for the kid. Things do happen. No need for the hate just because the kid may have a easyer or nicer life then you.
      Cloud9helicopters

      awol.tv

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2008
      Location
      Boynton Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,751
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-06-2011 03:58 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by E36_M3 View Post
      The dad obviously makes lots of cash, the kid has never had to work and it seems that the money to fix the stuff wasn't as big of an issue as the act of breaking it. Sure, the dad didnt want to have to fix that stuff, but I dont think it was the money that he cared about. My parents would have made me pay to fix it because they wouldn't be able to just write a check for the door and forget about it.
      His dad is a journalist. How much money do you think he makes? He's not raking it in like say J.K. Rowling.

      Edit: "My wife and I decided that Will would have to repay our insurance deductibles and discount losses by getting a summer job. The total would be about $750. Porsche’s deductible on the car was $10,000. I offered to pay it. Mr. Bye said no."

      No where does it say he'll just write a check. No where does it say how he'd pay for it. Second mortgage, home equity loan, credit card?

      "My garage door was replaced last week, along with the door tracks, opener and door frame. I spent seven hours working alongside the installer. Total cost was $2,700. My insurance deductible was $500. I lose my no-claims insurance discount for three years."

      Why would he spend 7 hours working on fixing the garage if he could just write a check?
      Last edited by CaptainQualude; 01-06-2011 at 04:03 AM.
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2010
      Location
      Lake Worth, FL
      Posts
      885
      Vehicles
      Guess...
      01-06-2011 09:41 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by vwsparky View Post
      That doesnt make him spoiled. The kid is young not every kid works from the age of 14 or so. And it said at the start that he "returned from summer job hunting, accompanied by a friend". Thats your parents not his. Not the kids fault that his parents have the money to be able to 'write check for the door and forget about it." Im pritty sure it wasnt just forgotten about anyway. Its a life lesson for the kid. Things do happen. No need for the hate just because the kid may have a easyer or nicer life then you.
      How do you know this? We're all just speculating the kids age. IF you read my first post, I agreed with you. Its more about him not doing it again than paying 100% of the damages. I'm not hating, just saying that it must be nice to crash a Porsche and only have to pay 700 bucks. As far as money goes, he got off easy, but it wont be the last time he hears about it.

      The dad probably isnt super wealthy as a journalist, but the fact that Porsche gives him a 911 to try out means that he is probably well known and doesn't just write an article in the paper. I'm sure he drives all kinds of cars and has a house that goes along with them. On top of that, the dad then payed for professional driving classes. If he was really affected by this financial, he would have never done that because all he has to do is supervise the kid next time...


      BTW, I just picked up TWO 37in 1080p TVs off of craigslist for really cheap. They have a dark spot on them, but they still work great for the price I paid. If anyone is interested, I'm selling them for 100 a piece. They work great as a computer monitor.

      http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/sys/2146428130.html
      Last edited by E36_M3; 01-06-2011 at 10:07 AM.

    20. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,633
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      01-06-2011 10:58 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by E36_M3 View Post
      BTW, I just picked up TWO 37in 1080p TVs off of craigslist for really cheap. They have a dark spot on them, but they still work great for the price I paid. If anyone is interested, I'm selling them for 100 a piece. They work great as a computer monitor.

      http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/sys/2146428130.html
      I'll give you $150 for both and put these by my pool

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2010
      Location
      Lake Worth, FL
      Posts
      885
      Vehicles
      Guess...
      01-06-2011 03:04 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      I'll give you $150 for both and put these by my pool


      Come get them! Give me a call if srs.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2008
      Location
      Boynton Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,751
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-06-2011 04:21 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      I'll give you $150 for both and put these by my pool
      I was thinking of doing something like that too. What about moisture issues? I was going to do an LCD on an articulating mount after the pool area is fixed.
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

    23. 01-06-2011 08:21 PM #58
      green VR Turbo coming soon to a neighborhood near you. who drive a green slc rado? i see you driving alot..and who drives a white gti? saw you on congress the other day

    24. Member MasterNele03's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      West Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,620
      Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      01-06-2011 09:03 PM #59
      White GTI was probably me use that road a lot and I think I might know who the rado is not sure tho
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

    25. 01-06-2011 09:48 PM #60
      See you guys tomorrow night.

    26. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,536
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      01-07-2011 01:21 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by Polos4 View Post
      See you guys tomorrow night.
      Thinking about blowing off out some carbon on the tpike anybody going? Directions? TIA.

    27. Member MasterNele03's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      West Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,620
      Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      01-07-2011 06:11 PM #62
      I'll be there, don't have directions but I got an address.

      13897 Wellington Trace
      Wellington, FL 33414
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

    28. Member vwsparky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2005
      Location
      WPB South Florida and Hull England
      Posts
      2,284
      Vehicles
      01.5 Audi s4 avant 92 Gti 16v 81 porsche 911
      01-07-2011 06:36 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Thinking about blowing off out some carbon on the tpike anybody going? Directions? TIA.
      you should come watch drifting with me and hector tomorrow
      Cloud9helicopters

      awol.tv

    29. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,536
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      01-07-2011 06:49 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by vwsparky View Post
      you should come watch drifting with me and hector tomorrow
      I love drifting, where what time?

    30. Member vwsparky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2005
      Location
      WPB South Florida and Hull England
      Posts
      2,284
      Vehicles
      01.5 Audi s4 avant 92 Gti 16v 81 porsche 911
      01-07-2011 06:58 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      I love drifting, where what time?
      County line. Start at 5 or 6 i think. Hector knows.
      Cloud9helicopters

      awol.tv

    31. Moderator 71sbeetle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 12th, 2002
      Location
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      Posts
      30,633
      Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      01-07-2011 07:22 PM #66
      I'll be at the meet soon

    32. Member iScrape's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2009
      Location
      Vicenza Italy & SoFlo
      Posts
      4,029
      Vehicles
      indigo mkiv
      01-08-2011 06:06 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by vwsparky View Post
      County line. Start at 5 or 6 i think. Hector knows.
      damn i wanna go.
      but zero moneys for gas at this time.

    33. Member Basil Fawlty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2003
      Location
      Wisco
      Posts
      9,536
      Vehicles
      2001 Volkswagen Golf
      01-09-2011 11:08 AM #68
      ...couldn't make it out Friday, wife didn't get home til almost 7:30pm from work. I guess I'll see you guys at the SoFla GTG.

    34. Member delux68's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2004
      Location
      West Palm Beach, FL
      Posts
      524
      Vehicles
      1986 Nissan Harbody 1986 Honda Aero50 1968 VW Kombi 1962 VW Beetle
      01-09-2011 04:55 PM #69
      I just came here to say "buy my wheels" I've got two sets and no car to put them on. Tires are already off.

      check the sig.

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2008
      Location
      Boynton Beach, FL
      Posts
      4,751
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      01-09-2011 09:37 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by iScrape View Post
      damn i wanna go.
      but zero moneys for gas at this time.
      Walk Dixie Hwy. ?
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

    Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •