VWVortex

Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Results 2,241 to 2,275 of 3559

Thread: West Palm Beach Area Meet/Chit Chat - 561

Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      08-09-2012 11:03 PM #2241
      Quote Originally Posted by FredoJohnson View Post
      anyone in the area have/know anyone who has a Revo SPS? dead battery resulted in my car setting back to stock and i wanna throw the stage 1 93 octane program back on the gti.
      Check your pm.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      08-09-2012 11:24 PM #2242
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      Who's coming to the meet tomorrow night?
      I'll try and go after I help a guy do some logs.
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      08-10-2012 08:42 AM #2243
      Quote Originally Posted by MasterNele03 View Post
      I'll try and go after I help a guy do some logs.
      He contacted you then

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      08-10-2012 08:59 AM #2244
      He contacted you then
      Yessir suppose to do it after 5 this afternoon

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-12-2012 11:34 PM #2245
      I was looking at the SWA website & couldn't find any info on this, so I'll ask here. WTF do you all do with used car parts? Like shocks, springs, control arms, struts, etc., all fairly bulky & heavy.
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

Vehicles
      08-13-2012 10:36 AM #2246
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQualude View Post
      I was looking at the SWA website & couldn't find any info on this, so I'll ask here. WTF do you all do with used car parts? Like shocks, springs, control arms, struts, etc., all fairly bulky & heavy.
      Classifieds ^^ No, but I think you can just drop it off at the service center like the one on Lantana & 95 they'll take it I'm pretty sure.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-13-2012 11:17 AM #2247
      I started cleaning out the garage again & the pile of bulky parts needs to go. It'll be nice to be able to walk around a car without having to step over stuff laying on the floor.
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

Vehicles
      08-13-2012 01:25 PM #2248
      I started cleaning out the garage again & the pile of bulky parts needs to go. It'll be nice to be able to walk around a car without having to step over stuff laying on the floor.
      Yea that's always nice. Mines a 1 car garage so it always has to be free of stuff on the floor or oyu can't walk. Which is why I'll only to simple stuff at my house anythign else I go use my parents' two car garage with the air tools

Vehicles
      01' Audi TT 225+
      08-14-2012 09:55 AM #2249
      Audi of America is having a GTG at Quiet Waters Park this Sat the 18th 10am till...

Bring on the V-Dubs...

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-17-2012 12:56 PM #2250
      Yea that's always nice. Mines a 1 car garage so it always has to be free of stuff on the floor or oyu can't walk. Which is why I'll only to simple stuff at my house anythign else I go use my parents' two car garage with the air tools

Found a local construction dumpster that looked hungry. It's now easy to walk all the way around the car, even room to use a floor jack on either side. I'm pretty sure I went through everything, & will have to again, but couldn't find the nylon replacement seat bushings for the roadster. That delays that project, & another one for when the seats are out, until I find them.

Vehicles
      08-17-2012 01:07 PM #2251
      Quote Originally Posted by coachvtt View Post
      Audi of America is having a GTG at Quiet Waters Park this Sat the 18th 10am till...

Bring on the V-Dubs...
      Won't be able to make it got plans already, did Eric get the car running better after he swapped out those clamps?

Found a local construction dumpster that looked hungry. It's now easy to walk all the way around the car, even room to use a floor jack on either side. I'm pretty sure I went through everything, & will have to again, but couldn't find the nylon replacement seat bushings for the roadster. That delays that project, & another one for when the seats are out, until I find them.
      Sux I have a few things that I'm trying to do with the GTI as far brakes and clutch, but I need to do more research on the brakes and the clutch there doesn't seem to be enough support for me to pull the trigger on a setup just yet, so frustrating.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-17-2012 08:35 PM #2252
      Sux I have a few things that I'm trying to do with the GTI as far brakes and clutch, but I need to do more research on the brakes and the clutch there doesn't seem to be enough support for me to pull the trigger on a setup just yet, so frustrating.
      More details?

Oh, finally found these.

Vehicles
      08-17-2012 10:35 PM #2253
      More details?

Oh, finally found these.
      Sweet well hopefully that's one thing scratched off the list.

Details as far as the brakes are trying to decide to keep the stokers and get some good pads, spare set of rotors for track days and another set as a daily and keeping that same idea whether to keep the stock calipers or go with Porsche 4-pots. The alternative is a BBK, but thats more money and don't think it's worth it. As far as the clutch, there are quite a few peopl ehaving problems with the Southbend Clutch kits. Clutch Masters have a few really nice setups for different power levels and comfort level (chatter, pedal feel, clamp force, etc...) and I know they make some good products. The problem I have come to face with them is they don't utilize the OEM Sachs Center HUB on the Clutch disk themselves. I'm worried that after some miles like between 15-30k the clutch is just going to give and trash itself. Southbend has the Sachs Center HUB, but there are other prblems with clearance on the clutch surface that's causing them to fall and to my knowledge it has yet to be fixed. Southbend is going between 1k-1.4k and Clutch masters are between 1k-1.2k. Now there is a Sachs Clutch kit, but I have yet to see it actually installed on a TSI motor and one with a good amount of mileage to give a thorough review. That also is probably because it needs to be ordered from Europe and price for the clutch kit itself is 1.6k + VAT, & shipping. Also it barely rated above the power level that I'm going to be putting down, so as I said very frustrating.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-18-2012 04:20 AM #2254
      Sweet well hopefully that's one thing scratched off the list.
      One thing down, many to go.

Details as far as the brakes are trying to decide to keep the stokers and get some good pads, spare set of rotors for track days and another set as a daily and keeping that same idea whether to keep the stock calipers or go with Porsche 4-pots. The alternative is a BBK, but thats more money and don't think it's worth it.
      Changing to a BBK can cause issues with brake bias. Sometimes you have to step up with larger rear rotors & a different master cylibder to get it right. It becomes expensive. Maybe try the pads first & see how it goes?

As far as the clutch, there are quite a few peopl ehaving problems with the Southbend Clutch kits. Clutch Masters have a few really nice setups for different power levels and comfort level (chatter, pedal feel, clamp force, etc...) and I know they make some good products. The problem I have come to face with them is they don't utilize the OEM Sachs Center HUB on the Clutch disk themselves. I'm worried that after some miles like between 15-30k the clutch is just going to give and trash itself. Southbend has the Sachs Center HUB, but there are other prblems with clearance on the clutch surface that's causing them to fall and to my knowledge it has yet to be fixed. Southbend is going between 1k-1.4k and Clutch masters are between 1k-1.2k. Now there is a Sachs Clutch kit, but I have yet to see it actually installed on a TSI motor and one with a good amount of mileage to give a thorough review. That also is probably because it needs to be ordered from Europe and price for the clutch kit itself is 1.6k + VAT, & shipping. Also it barely rated above the power level that I'm going to be putting down, so as I said very frustrating.
      When I was going to turbocharge the R32 it was much like that. So many failed clutch set-ups & transmissions, & the time or expensive of redoing it. It was one of many things that stopped me from doing it.

The VF SC STGIII/IV fiasco was another reason. Too many issues & worries, & no enjoyment because of that. You hit a limit & then get turned off by the whole thing.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-18-2012 11:38 AM #2255
      While I've been cleaning up the garage I forgot to mention that I also started in on cleaning the R32 paint up, around the time I received & installed the gas filler door with much better paint condition. I clay barred the whole body once, then waited a couple of weeks & did it again. I was contemplating doing it again before wax, but didn't based on how it felt to the touch. I really had no idea how it would come out so went with some cheap Turtle Wax ICE synthetic wax. The finish came out surprisingly good, though there are 2 or 3 small areas that could use the clay bar again. A 3rd time wouldn't have been a waste. I'll clay bar again the next time it needs wax. Feeling much better about the R32 now.

Vehicles
      08-20-2012 10:39 AM #2256
      Changing to a BBK can cause issues with brake bias. Sometimes you have to step up with larger rear rotors & a different master cylibder to get it right. It becomes expensive. Maybe try the pads first & see how it goes?
      yea I know you have to keep them in the same proportion to each other and if I go bigger in front I would really like to do the MKV R32 or Golf R rears b/c they are bigger and are vented. I'm not too worried about the master cylinder as it seems to be more than adequate for any of the brake kits available right now. i have some technical data on thresholds and a few tweaks that you can do via vagcom to accomodate which is pretty sweet. I'm thinking that as long as the stock size can dissipate the heat then there's really no reason to go up in size. I'll play with a few ducting ideas that I have in order to help. Also rotors will be a lot cheaper in the smaller size even though I'm going to do one set of rotors & pads for the track and one for the street.

When I was going to turbocharge the R32 it was much like that. So many failed clutch set-ups & transmissions, & the time or expensive of redoing it. It was one of many things that stopped me from doing it.

The VF SC STGIII/IV fiasco was another reason. Too many issues & worries, & no enjoyment because of that. You hit a limit & then get turned off by the whole thing.
      My main concern right now as far as progressing with the motor is that clutch I really wish that could get some insight on that Sach's kit, but I guess with time something will pop-up.

While I've been cleaning up the garage I forgot to mention that I also started in on cleaning the R32 paint up, around the time I received & installed the gas filler door with much better paint condition. I clay barred the whole body once, then waited a couple of weeks & did it again. I was contemplating doing it again before wax, but didn't based on how it felt to the touch. I really had no idea how it would come out so went with some cheap Turtle Wax ICE synthetic wax. The finish came out surprisingly good, though there are 2 or 3 small areas that could use the clay bar again. A 3rd time wouldn't have been a waste. I'll clay bar again the next time it needs wax. Feeling much better about the R32 now.
      Mine is overdue for a claybar and a proper wax, I just need to get a hold of a porter cable, been looking but other things have prevented me from really looking into them.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-21-2012 07:28 PM #2257
      Mine is overdue for a claybar and a proper wax, I just need to get a hold of a porter cable, been looking but other things have prevented me from really looking into them.
      Why a machine? It's not like it's for a business. Claybar & paste wax, both by hand.

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 07:36 PM #2258
      Why a machine? It's not like it's for a business. Claybar & paste wax, both by hand.

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 09:27 PM #2259
      Team gxblade at it's best .....

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 11:31 PM #2260
      I meant for polish sry the clay bar and wax will be done by hand in sections. Although I'm trying to decipher if the paint needs to be polished or if the imperfections can be hidden with the wax or other chemical fillers.

Team gxblade at it's best .....
      yea saw that today, I think there were two threads actually and one got locked.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-22-2012 12:09 AM #2261
      I meant for polish sry the clay bar and wax will be done by hand in sections. Although I'm trying to decipher if the paint needs to be polished or if the imperfections can be hidden with the wax or other chemical fillers.
      The few times I have used polish it hasn't contained any kind of abrasive. It contains oils to replenish the paint & renew the color, plus give it some depth. That type wont do what you want it to do.

Vehicles
      08-22-2012 02:59 AM #2262
      The few times I have used polish it hasn't contained any kind of abrasive. It contains oils to replenish the paint & renew the color, plus give it some depth. That type wont do what you want it to do.
      Yea I know those chemical based ones but they also has some light, mid and heavy grade ones and I'm thinking maybe a light or medium polish with a medium pad will do the trick I just want to cut away the least amount possible. I'll try to clay and wax and then if I don't like the outcome I'll polish it.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-22-2012 10:09 AM #2263
      Yea I know those chemical based ones but they also has some light, mid and heavy grade ones and I'm thinking maybe a light or medium polish with a medium pad will do the trick I just want to cut away the least amount possible. I'll try to clay and wax and then if I don't like the outcome I'll polish it.
      You may have to do the clay bar 2,3,4 times depending how bad the oxidation is, plus it will also depend on how aggressive the clay bar is. I'd guess the auto parts store bars are the equivalent of "fine" & not the "medium" grade one that I used. I've read that the Meguire's "aggressive" grade clay bar can mar the finish if you aren't careful. Better to use a medium grade 2 or more times & know that you'll be okay.

Vehicles
      08-22-2012 12:25 PM #2264
      You may have to do the clay bar 2,3,4 times depending how bad the oxidation is, plus it will also depend on how aggressive the clay bar is. I'd guess the auto parts store bars are the equivalent of "fine" & not the "medium" grade one that I used. I've read that the Meguire's "aggressive" grade clay bar can mar the finish if you aren't careful. Better to use a medium grade 2 or more times & know that you'll be okay.
      I have a medium clay bar that I've used before. From what I've read all clay is the same just use whatever agressive level you need, but as far a brand they are all the same b/c it's the same compunds used to create and manufacture it. I think I'm going to do that before I blow the cash on the polisher. I think the Volvo will need the poilsher though, but I'll do the GTI and see the results before I think about the Volvo. thanks for the insight.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-23-2012 11:41 AM #2265
      I have a medium clay bar that I've used before. From what I've read all clay is the same just use whatever agressive level you need, but as far a brand they are all the same b/c it's the same compunds used to create and manufacture it. I think I'm going to do that before I blow the cash on the polisher. I think the Volvo will need the poilsher though, but I'll do the GTI and see the results before I think about the Volvo. thanks for the insight.
      The clay bar will remove any oxidation. It will just depend on how many times you need to go over the body. It will eventually get it all.

Vehicles
      08-23-2012 01:23 PM #2266
      The clay bar will remove any oxidation. It will just depend on how many times you need to go over the body. It will eventually get it all.
      I'm more interested to see what the fillers/wax are going to do and if they are going to be my solution to my problem. It has these really small and light marks, not sure what to call them really, they look like swirls, but I've never had the car done before so unless it's from the PO, I just want to correct it before I go any farther.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-23-2012 05:38 PM #2267
      I'm more interested to see what the fillers/wax are going to do and if they are going to be my solution to my problem. It has these really small and light marks, not sure what to call them really, they look like swirls, but I've never had the car done before so unless it's from the PO, I just want to correct it before I go any farther.
      Remove the oxidation & then see what's left over after that's done. If you're worried about swirl marks do not buy a machine.

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 11:11 AM #2268
      Remove the oxidation & then see what's left over after that's done. If you're worried about swirl marks do not buy a machine.
      Ok sweet thanks

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 06:01 PM #2269
      Meet tonight?

30. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      08-24-2012 06:25 PM #2270
      Ok sweet thanks
      I'm not saying a machine is bad, but you'll create more issues than you solve while you are learning to use it properly.

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 08:45 PM #2271
      I'm not saying a machine is bad, but you'll create more issues than you solve while you are learning to use it properly.
      No I got you and it makes sense its not the first time that I'm using one but it is the first time I actually own one.

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 08:47 PM #2272
      Meet tonight?
      Isn't it your anniversary? Or are you guys still meeting?

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 08:55 PM #2273
      Isn't it your anniversary? Or are you guys still meeting?
      It's the anniversary of the day we met, we didn't start dating until a couple of weeks later so "it doesn't count" lol

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 10:38 PM #2274
      It's the anniversary of the day we met, we didn't start dating until a couple of weeks later so "it doesn't count" lol
      Ahh gotcha well how's the weather? lol

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 11:01 PM #2275
      Ahh gotcha well how's the weather? lol
      Stormy

Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast