Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Honda engine into MK2 chassis

1. Member
      Vehicles
      current 1989 GLI Helios VR6, 87 325is, 87 golf gt lsv, 74 Trans am 455, 99 ctr rep, 94 civic si hb
      05-04-2012 08:01 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by insanedubposse View Post
      S2 cluster would be dope,like an updated digifizz setup

Sent using pony express
      Thats what I wwas going for the vw digicluster are a bit expensive

Vehicles
      '96 Jetta Trek, 94 Jetta GL
      05-22-2012 01:42 AM #142
      its weird always being with vw and automatically hating honda, but you soon realize that it's nothing honda did, we hate the people who drive hondas, not hondas themselves... anyway the k20 would def be my choice- as a hybrid. ive read of a k20/k24 hybrid with 310hp and 220tq ALL MOTOR (on 93 octane as well if i remember correctly)! sorry, but honda wins the engine competition. as far as i can see, most people like the FEEL and LOOK of a vw, you can still have that with a 4cyl engine that makes real power without boost. dont get me wrong, the TSI seems like a great engine, but even with the update, it still has issues with the hpfp, carbon buildup etc. if i had the choice, id take a 2.0t tsi with ko4 upgrade and apr software pushing over 400hp, but the k20 with jdm valve cover is still so much sexier... and id think it would be almost easier to have an adapter made for the tranny, use the 02a or 02m to keep things simpler and use kpro to keep tuning easier, cluster is where id run into issues, im lost there

o ya, id do it in a mk3 too
      Last edited by TREKSportMK3; 05-22-2012 at 01:54 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
      No of course not. This is a German car. It would be called 'Failtronic'.

3. 07-19-2012 01:29 PM #143
      here we go am in the mix b16a2 in a 1998 polo 6n
      just a trial fit, few more things to cut to get it to fit then vtec in the ride

Vehicles
      07-20-2012 06:40 PM #144
      not bad but for the cost involved and fabrication, id go k20 over any b or d series engine, that or the f20c! but for cost to power ratio k20 ftw

5. 07-21-2012 12:22 PM #145
      tbh there int much work to do, the hardest part is chopping the chassis to let the pully clear.
      the mounts are easy the wiring will be a lil issus but hay ill get there

Vehicles
      07-21-2012 03:45 PM #146
      what u do weld em in?

7. 07-21-2012 04:28 PM #147
      yeah there welded on to the chassis legs and alternator is moved to the front,ive still got a lot of stuff to do atm but ill get some pics up when i get back to the car and show how its done.

Vehicles
      '06 Cooper S (#squaresidewallcrew), LS400 drift car
      08-16-2012 10:59 AM #148
      Someone needs to install a jackson blower @ 11psi on their k swap. I promise you 300whp and you will **** your pants. Its the most glorious sound in the world.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ocean City PD View Post
      (ie....red light challenges, running over the hood of police cars etc.) Yes we watch youtube also....
      '09 Honda Ruckus

9. 11-18-2012 07:02 PM #149
      Hey folks, reviving this one from the dead... I picked up a k24a4 for 300 bucks. Now its time to source out a transmission. My plan of attack is going to use megasquirt for ease and price, kpro alone is nearly a grand! I'd like to retain the vw cluster, and if my research seems to be correct, I can use ep civic si axles if I press a Honda wheel bearing and Honda hub on the vw spindle. Before I go and try making custom axles, I'm going down that road. I'll keep you guys posted, my goal is to be ready by the time the track opens next year. Thanks for the support! Any pictures that are relevant can be helpful.
      Shags

Vehicles
      76 Rabbit
      11-19-2012 08:39 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by K.M.A.S.W. View Post
      WRONG what hes saying is by spending 100 for a 2l motor(did it today) and spending 600 for an AEB motor(did it today so eat me) and you put them together( with these 2 engine you have everything needed to create a 20/20(did it today so eat me). change the turbo to FWD turbo and mk4 exhaust mani and intake mani for less than 200 (lets keep count, thats 900), buy a g60 tranny for 250 shipped (did this a couple months ago so eat me) and misc other factory vw pieces (did this recently) you will have a motor that will put out MORE hp than the baddest stock b-series motor money can buy, AND twice the torque. all for about the same price or less than a b-series motor and i dare you to challenge me to provide proof....ill have you looking at 1xxhp b18c5's and 2xx+hp 1.8t's...not even 20/20's

hondas dont break remember? who ever thinks about replacing honda parts hahaha hondas the unbreakable entity

watch your mouth..VWAG is a huge auto group and make better engines than honda could ever dream of making. you can frind proof when you have enough money to afford one of these various high performance vehicle that VWAG manufactures. Lambo's, RS6's, Bugattis, just to name a few...fiind me a honda motor (ANY HONDA MADE MOTOR) that can put out as much hp on factory equipment as say aaaaaa...... rs6 v8TT..lol..cant find one? better start looking in the F1 section of honda production plants hahahahha..and even there, with a simple tune, exhaust and an intake, the v8TT reigns supreme over honda F1 motors...and lets not forget to again mention, rs6 has all factory equipment lol. VWAG is an engineering marvel that honda can only dream to be like. seriously theres no end to the ways that VW ENGINES, and itself as a company, stand head and shoulders over honda.... **** 100hp/liter, if i want that ill go to BMW! vw is smart and uses these lil tiny turbos to help create power. the end all be all, you do this swap and ill still beat you for less money, and time put into my swap!

couldnt have said it better myself! hahaha. **** it..just put an s85 motor into it..thats a waaaaaaay better engine than a k20 haha.
      Jesus ... that whole post my head hurt

My buddy just got his k20z1 retuned with I/H/E 245 whp

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Slammed MK3 Cabby, MK1 Cabby project coming along very slowly. 91 16v Gti Daily beaten driver. The r
      11-19-2012 08:45 AM #151
      So your going to a put a ****tier motor in a better vehicle ? Sounds awesome dude. I have yet to have a stock b18 keep with my stock 16v the only thing i see Honda's do is be gay make there users look gay horrible scene and blow up often under what should be considered normal use for a econo **** box car. The 16v will walk all over it all day especially saying it is actually capable of doing so. I've put over 50,000 hard miles most of which were spent 4500-to redline. And it already had 146,000 When i bought it. Yet the honda kids are getting ten out of a b series if they only kind of drive there vehicle hard.......................... Fresh rebuilt b series. Plus rocker arms in an overhead cam engine ? Since when did that **** make sense ? Or the 6mm diameter bolts holding the cams in the head. All that can be done is going on and on about how there insuperior Japanese **** knock offs of european econo car. The list goes on and on with how honda motors suck. The only thing a b series has over a 16v vw is the ports are alittle better flow. Oh and not mention what sense does it make to the exhaust on the front side of the motor ? Heat up your bay ?
      "Squirt squirt squirt squirt" She'll understand when she see's this. Damn hoodrat friends.

12. 11-19-2012 09:05 AM #152
      Headwess, you obviously didn't read any of this thread at all, did you?

Vehicles
      91gti,99 wolfsburg jetta(mk3)
      11-19-2012 09:32 AM #153
      ^ lol some ppl are so anti honda and im not gonna lie i dont like them but there are way more options for power out of a honda than a vw. But keep on the hate wagon .you obviously must be racing ppl who have an intake and loud ass exhaust with no real modifications or tuning And think they have a racing civic

sent using the pony express ~est.1860
      currently-91 monty green gti (16v)-vr6..,99 t-red wolfsburg jetta aba..---- in the past-85 goldy golf gl cis,89 silver jetta gli 16v,88 t-red wolfsburg jetta digi 2,97 white golf k2 aba,91 t-red corrado g60--

Vehicles
      76 Rabbit
      11-19-2012 12:28 PM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by headwess wabbit View Post
      So your going to a put a ****tier motor in a better vehicle ? Sounds awesome dude. I have yet to have a stock b18 keep with my stock 16v the only thing i see Honda's do is be gay make there users look gay horrible scene and blow up often under what should be considered normal use for a econo **** box car. The 16v will walk all over it all day especially saying it is actually capable of doing so. I've put over 50,000 hard miles most of which were spent 4500-to redline. And it already had 146,000 When i bought it. Yet the honda kids are getting ten out of a b series if they only kind of drive there vehicle hard.......................... Fresh rebuilt b series. Plus rocker arms in an overhead cam engine ? Since when did that **** make sense ? Or the 6mm diameter bolts holding the cams in the head. All that can be done is going on and on about how there insuperior Japanese **** knock offs of european econo car. The list goes on and on with how honda motors suck. The only thing a b series has over a 16v vw is the ports are alittle better flow. Oh and not mention what sense does it make to the exhaust on the front side of the motor ? Heat up your bay ?
      Are these guys trolling?

Yes the Vw 16v is great engine but to say that the B-series engine is trash is just ignorant.
      If you like I can provide dyno sheets showing 200whp out of a bolt on B18c. Thats not even getting in to the K series engines which can go north of 240hp with bolt on parts and a tune.

In any case who cares? People doing different stuff to keep things interesting and new....

why you mad thou!

Vehicles
      76 Rabbit
      11-19-2012 12:40 PM #155

The Blue plot is on a shot of No2
      Green is all motor

and for good measure here is that car vs a vr6 Gti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubniq...ature=youtu.be

Dont get all pissy about silly stuff broham! Enjoy the skill /labor that goes in to these cool unique builds

Vehicles
      91gti,99 wolfsburg jetta(mk3)
      11-19-2012 02:56 PM #156
      Im not trolling.. i think this is an awesome idea. I was just commenting on the hater above who just trashed honda.. i used to work for a honda dealership for 6 years in my home town and majority of the side work i do is on hondas of all types. ive even help build some monster street runners.we got a eg hatchback that has 650 at the wheels... its a turbo gsr engine .very clean swap..car looks like butthole but itll pass you like you were sitting still ...its a track car but dude drives it on the road .its very impressive

sent using the pony express ~est.1860
      Last edited by insanedubposse; 11-19-2012 at 03:00 PM.
      currently-91 monty green gti (16v)-vr6..,99 t-red wolfsburg jetta aba..---- in the past-85 goldy golf gl cis,89 silver jetta gli 16v,88 t-red wolfsburg jetta digi 2,97 white golf k2 aba,91 t-red corrado g60--

17. 02-17-2013 11:01 AM #157

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      Brand enthusiasts are idiots.
      Klutch Republik - Live Fast , Drive Hard
      SCCH Cylinder Heads & Suspension Components
      OSD #16

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345