Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: pressure plate torque specs?

Vehicles
      2010 jetta wolfsburg edition
      01-06-2011 12:51 PM #1
      I have searched on here and have had a number of different torque specs listed as "actual" specs. Does anyone with a bently know the factory torque specs for a vr6 pressure plate? I have seen everything from 10ft/lbs to 15ft/lbs and even some listing it at 44ft/lbs! lol claification please. I know the 44ft/lbs is for flywheel bolts which i dont need to worry about but i am looking to bolt in my clutch and pressure plate this afternoon. Any help is appreciated.
      PS- i have a bently for a mk2 but i wanted to check if the torques were different for VR6's.

Vehicles
      1990 Jetta Coupe VR6, 83 Rabbit GTI ABA
      01-06-2011 01:31 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by fatchance999 View Post
      I have searched on here and have had a number of different torque specs listed as "actual" specs. Does anyone with a bently know the factory torque specs for a vr6 pressure plate? I have seen everything from 10ft/lbs to 15ft/lbs and even some listing it at 44ft/lbs! lol claification please. I know the 44ft/lbs is for flywheel bolts which i dont need to worry about but i am looking to bolt in my clutch and pressure plate this afternoon. Any help is appreciated.
      PS- i have a bently for a mk2 but i wanted to check if the torques were different for VR6's.
      I just put a new Stage 3 spec clutch in my VR6 swaped car and from what I remember its 15ft/lbs. also the 44 ft/lbs has an additional 1/4 or 1/2 turn after you torque to 44ft/lbs hope this helps
      VRSOCIETY # 204

Quote Originally Posted by Kudagra View Post
      Mk4, 5 and 6s dont require talent to keep running.
      Quote Originally Posted by lvs4 View Post
      Plus, it's not like Noah can talk to them in person. If he did, we would have to throw on some bikinis and do a car wash to bail him out.

Vehicles
      2010 jetta wolfsburg edition
      01-06-2011 02:51 PM #3
      thanks, thats what i thought it was but i figured its best to be safe not sorry

Vehicles
      Corrado, Audi A6, Passat
      01-06-2011 03:04 PM #4

number 8 is for the flywheel bolt

and 15 ft lbs is for the pressure plate
      Last edited by twinrado; 01-06-2011 at 03:15 PM.
      There's no such thing as too much of anything but to little results in the need for more.