The 7th annual Port Townsend Cruise is on! Mark your calendars for Sunday, March 6th!!
This is the official discussion thread for the 2011 Port Townsend Cruise. There are a lot of details to go over so please check back on this post often as updates and important information will be added!! In fact many of the details from previous years no longer apply so make sure you are up-to-speed on this year's event details. Here is what we know for sure is happening:
What/Where: Cruise to Port Townsend
When: Sunday, March 6th at 9:00 am, departing at 10:30 am.
Why: To enjoy a cruise with fellow European car enthusiasts and to support NW Harvest.
Who: All European car enthusiasts
Important details below. Again, be sure to check back as more details are added!!
Meeting spot: Marymoor Park - Events and Recreation Pad (signs will lead you to it)
Meeting time: 9:00 am
- Participants gather to check out each others rides, group up, etc.
- During this time, canned food will be collected (4-can minimum per car) for NW Harvest in exchange for Achtuning Parking Pass which will give you access to reserved parking in Port Townsend.
- Be sure to pick up a copy of a map featuring the route for this cruise and additional details about your arrival in Port Townsend.
- Thanks in advance to members of BPCDubs» who will be assisting in the canned food collection and directing traffic.
Donations: Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. Please select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). NW Harvest buys white rice and beans in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Here are some suggestions:
General food items:
* Whole grain pastas
* Brown rice
* Tomato products
* Canned vegetables
* Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
* Canned fish or meat
* Shelf-stable milk
* Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats
Infant and baby foods:
* Baby formula
* Canned milk
* Infant cereal
* Jars of baby food
* Powdered or canned milk
* Baby diapers
ACHTUNING is raffling off a FREE StopTech Sport Stop Brake Kit for the 2011 Port Townsend Cruise! Exchange your NW Harvest donations for a parking pass/coupon with details on how to enter the raffle!
Departure time: 10:30 am
- Leave Marymoor Park and cruise to Port Townsend by way of 520-W, 405-S, , I-90 W, I-5 South, HWY 16 West, Hwy 3 North, turn left on HWY 104. After Hood Canal bridge take right onto Hwy 19, continue north onto Hwy 20, end at Port Townsend.
In Port Townsend:
******************** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! ********************
We were hoping for the best and had to wait until the absolute last minute to confirm, but extreme circumstances have called for some last-minute, drastic changes to this year's event. It is with regret we have to inform you that the use of Memorial Field is no longer an option to us this weekend due to flooding caused by our very extremely wet weather lately. (Water level tables there are well beyond what they've seen in years.) Despite this last-minute change, we have a secondary parking facility worked out and we thank Jefferson County Parks & Recreation for their diligence and enormous efforts in securing this alternative location for us in such a short amount of time! Changes to the route have been made and we will now be ending the cruise at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. Part of the route in the first post has been changed, as well as outlined below:
Thanks in advance for understanding! In light of this change, we are confident we now have more than enough parking for everyone (including Asian imports) to park within the Fairgrounds so spread the word! Those of you who have threads or posts about this event elsewhere, please be sure to update them with this new information!!
- Achtuning has arranged for parking at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds to better accommodate the masses. Parking passes collected at Marymoor Park in exchange for canned food will gain you access into the Fairgrounds, where you can park your car for the duration of your stay in Port Townsend. Those of you who cannot make it to the starting point can also exchange cans of food for parking passes upon entering the Fairgrounds. (Please have your cans ready before entering to expedite this process.)
- Reserved parking in Port Townsend is from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. During this time, feel free to kick it with fellow enthusiasts and check out all the cars. Please support the City of Port Townsend and have yourself some lunch at one of the many good eating spots in town. There are many cool little stores worth checking out, too!
Maps & Route:
View Larger Map
Route: Exit Marymoor Park in an orderly fashion, not exceeding park speed limit of 20mph.
* Turn right at NE Marymoor Way
* Turn right at West Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE
* Turn left to merge onto WA-520 W
* Take the exit onto I-405 S toward Renton
* Take exit 11 to merge onto I-90 W toward Seattle
* Take the exit on the left onto Interstate 90 Express W
* Take the exit onto I-90 W
* Take exit 2B on the left for I-5 S/4th Ave S toward Tacoma/Portland
* Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-5 S and merge onto I-5 S
* Take exit 132 to merge onto WA-16 W toward Bremerton
* Take the State Hwy 3 N ramp to Bremerton/Poulsbo
* Keep right at the fork to continue toward WA-3 N/State Hwy 3 N
* Keep left at the fork and merge onto WA-3 N/State Hwy 3 N
* Turn left at WA-104 W/Hood Canal Bridge
* Turn right at WA-19 N/Beaver Valley Rd
* Continue onto WA-20 E
* At the traffic circle, continue straight onto W Sims Way
* Turn left at Sheridan St.
* Turn right at 19th St
* Turn left at San Juan Ave.
* San Juan Ave. ends and turns left at 49th St
* Arrive at Jefferson County Fairgrounds on the left
Jefferson County Fairgrounds:
Please read the following information regarding, Jefferson County Fairgrounds, our 2011 host in Port Townsend.
1. PLEASE PARK as close to other cars as you would in a normal parking lot, so we all fit.
2. All Fairground staff are volunteers hoping to help you out. Please be courteous and respectful to them. They are there to help us!
3. NO TIPPING PLEASE.
4. Pick up after your pets.
5. Garbage cans and restrooms available.
6. Make yourself at home, picnics, tailgating and hanging out are welcome!
7. Drive slow and carefully!!
Parking in groups: If you are with a group of cars and you wish to park together inside the Fairgrounds, pick a spot in town to group up first before entering. Parking volunteers will do their best to keep the group together.
Drive carefully and safely!! I cannot stress enough the importance of how this is to be a safe drive. WSP and Port Townsend PD will be made aware of this event. That said...
Mind your driving habits on this cruise! When we drive as a group, each and every one of us represents the community as a whole. No burn-outs in the parking lots, no illegal lane-passing (or shoulder passing), keep a controlled speed and safe following distance at all times, and respect the Port Townsend community and other communities that we pass through. Give everyone else the right-of-way. DO NOT keep people from merging onto the highway just because you do not want to be separated by the European car in front of you!! We strongly encourage anyone to report unsafe driving. There is a rather large risk in traveling in large groups like this and we need to realize that despite our numbers, we do NOT own the road!! Furthermore, be sure to keep noise levels in Port Townsend (and other communities) to a minimum. We all know what aftermarket exhausts sound like. No need to show that off for the sake of annoying community residents. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Tacoma Narrows Bridge Toll: Please don't forget there is a toll on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge now. It is only charged eastbound. Of course those taking the ferry back will not have to pay that fee. (Also take note that ferry fees have gone up since last year.)
Keep an eye on this first post as it will be updated frequently with details as they become available.
Port Townsend Cruise on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/porttownsendcruise
* City of Port Townsend: http://www.ptguide.com/
* Jefferson County Parks & Recreation: http://www.countyrec.com/
* King County Parks & Recreation - Marymoor Park: http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation.../marymoor.aspx
* BPCDubs»: http://bpcdubs.com/
Last edited by Dion@ACHTUN!NG; 03-06-2011 at 09:58 AM.
added to my outlook calendar.
epitome - Like McCormicks, we're seasoned
"Car shows are more fun if you keep your doors and hood closed. It's about the people, not a dinky glass trophy." - dabble
"i should not use mark as an example though, as he is a god amongst mortals on this tiny planet we call home.." - Us2bA4dr
Last edited by granmas 1.8t; 01-12-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Janky Garage Air suspension, Hard Lines, Frame notch, Fender Rolling, Tires and wheels, Suspension works and more