VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Idwurks 2000 Audi TT Build / Resto

185K views 789 replies 83 participants last post by  Clun9 
#1 · (Edited)
Just going to document and have a little mini build here =)

Purchased the car a month ago. Finally got around to washing it. Car was purchased with the following:

Koni + Vogtland sports
H&R RSB
APR flash
Borla Exhaust
18x8 RS4 wheels

Jan 10, 2011
--------------

Installed following:
Aero Wipers
APR R1
Aspherical Mirrors

AeroWipers

Split Mirrors

Simple Wash

Before & After side

Before & After wheel

After quarter panel (This may have had PDR done before... I am not sure)

See less See more
#57 · (Edited)
If I were to rock the ML63 wheels, they would no doubt have some custom "idwurks" billet caps by Euro Image, or Audi caps. I don't do that kind of stuff. I am going to give the whole wheel situation some time to settle and I will see what comes my way. In the meantime, I am going to debadge, give the car a REAL detail for the first time, and do some coil work.

I have Weitecs off my Mk4 which I am stupidly assuming are compatable? I would like to clean them and also powdercoat the springs a different color before they go on. Maybe ceramic coat them silver. This car is going to get all the treatments my Jetta never got. I want every part to match, every piece to be like new, and every plastic piece clean and in tact.

If anyone really IS interested in trading me their LS hatch with 3.2 spoiler in Mint shape - let me know. I believe the hatch truly looks WAY better on the Coupes WITH a spoiler, but understand the pureness of not having a spoiler. To me, if the 3.2, QS and 225 all have spoilers, Idk why I would want my car to look "outdated" without one. Just a different point of view I guess. I want to convert everything to the newest version possible, IE QS grill, 2003 aluminum shift knob, new Concert2 radio, so forth.

And for the record I would like the car to be around 23.75 all around I think. And for any doubters, here was my jetta in what I consider it's finest. I know about rare parts.

#73 ·
:( Oh sorry... some people applying coloured Lamin-X to change headlights appearance. Say different colour and I was thinking that you want do this and of course protect headlights. I did change all bulbs even HID to yellow and know I do need to restore headlights but I will go with some kind of sprayed protection over the lights. Anyway, sorry again I was in another forum before where they was talking about...

You know “Le Mans” or “rally” style... :facepalm:

#74 ·
Cool, another local TT. I'm selling my old rims. I some random stuff laying around. I'm in the East bay so if you need a hand with something let me know.

I have 42ddcatback exhaust w/ 3.2 honeycomb valence, set of 4 tires (225/45/17), 18" rims below, various ball and cone seat lugnuts in various lenghts, misc. wheel spacers.

18x8 et 25

On my car. lmk if you're interested.

#79 ·
Been driving the Jetta this week.

ECS order arrived with 82C Tstat, Air Intake Temp sensor, and tstat body. Going to do all that plus fuel filter and valve gasket soon.

In the meantime, this is how the TT went to sleep tonight. Doing some serious work on the headlights... Started with 400 :eek:

And as Zach suggested, going to get it's first real detail this weekend with some clay, polish and wax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.