Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****New *AND* long time users: READ THIS BEFORE YOUR NEXT POST, Please.****

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      01-16-2011 12:40 AM #71
      It was a long time coming. They've warned people in that thread endless times. Someone even mentioned it will get locked if they kept it up on the last people. Don't get mad at the person who locked it, get mad at the people who caused it to get locked.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

Vehicles
      96 2.9 project Jetta, '04 A4 Avant 1.8t quattro
      01-16-2011 12:47 AM #72
      i was literally just about to post the exact same thing. Immediately following my message of disgust to ole Nater. Locking good threads instead of banning individuals deters people from the thread who are longtime members just as much if not more than having wise comments to the noobs.

3. Member
      01-16-2011 12:53 AM #73
      like my sig says, i thought the mk4 section was filled with the most obnoxious users.

my opinion changed when i entered the mk3 section.

4. Banned
      Vehicles
      Jettas.. Dodge Cummins, 1985 Trans Am,
      01-16-2011 01:24 AM #74
      Flames are fun. Just don't pick on the new or little kids.
      Don't instigate stalking/gang bangs via PM.

5. 01-16-2011 02:41 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
      like my sig says, i thought the mk4 section was filled with the most obnoxious users.

my opinion changed when i entered the mk3 section.

its just an internet forum people.
      BWS custom suspension

Vehicles
      '96 GTI 12v + '03 GTI 24v + '99 CR-V 16v
      01-16-2011 08:07 AM #76
      I have the distinct feeling this forum is going to become extremely boring.
      Looking for a mk3 "GTI" front grille emblem, mk3 font (not 20 Jahre "block" font)

01-16-2011 08:30 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by I haz cheezeburgerz View Post
      This.
      "I'll always love you, moo " -Ruth
      -Air Force

Vehicles
      98 gti vr6 daily (RIP), 89 gti vr6 project car, 99 B5 Passat 1.8T daily
      01-16-2011 08:55 AM #78
      i gotta say i like the tex's raunchy humor and smackdowns, sometimes that is. other times its not so funny and people get hurt or embittered. then crap like this happens because things get out of control. but i will miss the smart ass remarks and the creative silliness that gives this place character. but i wont miss those who take it to a level it should not be.

Vehicles
      2008 Passat 4Mo 3.6L Wagon, 98 VRt, 2010 Routan/Caravan :)
      01-16-2011 09:26 AM #79
      Guys,

Do you want that stance thread cleaned up and re-opened?

Let me know. But there will be stipulations.

You guys will be held strictly accountable for reporting any shenanigans.

Contrary to the popular belief here, it is not the moderators job to consistently edit threads. When it becomes evident that nothing will change in a thread we lock it.

But some of you are asking that it be reopened.

What say you?

iPhone

Vehicles
      Harley 48
      01-16-2011 09:39 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post

Open it up Nate.

Vehicles
      put put BANG!!!
      01-16-2011 10:00 AM #81
      open it back up please, i need to post my stance

Vehicles
      MKIII CABRIO VR6
      01-16-2011 10:19 AM #82
      i sent a message to u nater saying the same thing

i understand there are rules and i know i have a small history hear, but i follow the rules. i just see it as unfair to the individuals like myself who respect this fourm to get a lockout on such a popular thread. which i think brings a lot of users to this fourm everyday. i just feel that actions should be taken against individuals and not the entire community. this is just from my experience from other fourms. and how they handle things. if u will rely on members like myself to report abuse of the fourm. if thats what it takes.
      yes bring back the stance thread.
      and i am glad that moderators are trying to keep this fourm clean cause its been heading the wrong way.
      Last edited by originalvw; 01-16-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Vehicles
      Now a proud Subaru owner, I will be back with an aircooled vw!
      01-16-2011 10:30 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by originalvw View Post
      i sent a message to u nater saying the same thing

i understand there are rules and i know i have a small history hear, but i follow the rules. i just see it as unfair to the individuals like myself who respect this fourm to get a lockout on such a popular thread. which i think brings a lot of users to this fourm everyday. i just feel that actions should be taken against individuals and not the entire community. this is just from my experience from other fourms. and how they handle things. if u will rely on members like myself to report abuse of the fourm. if thats what it takes.
      yes bring back the stance thread.
      and i am glad that moderators are trying to keep this fourm clean cause its been heading the wrong way.
      Yeah im on here almost all day due to only working part time. I can see why their doing this, there is alot of people on here that need to change their ways about posting on someone else's thread. Were on here to talk about Volkswagen, and like the moderators have said, there is another forum for random non related stuff. I can understand a little bit of noob insulting, but their just looking for help so they can someday be where some of us are with knowledge ill gladly give out advice to noobs all day
      Mk4 shift knob, boot and trim ring into your mk3/mk2 DIY:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ng-to-your-mk3

14. Member
      Vehicles
      96 Golf GL VR6, 05.5 Jetta TDI
      01-16-2011 10:31 AM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
      Guys,

You guys will be held strictly accountable for reporting any shenanigans.

Contrary to the popular belief here, it is not the moderators job to consistently edit threads. When it becomes evident that nothing will change in a thread we lock it.

But some of you are asking that it be reopened.

What say you?

iPhone

I say reopen it with better rules. There is no reason we shouldnt be able to have picture threads as long as we all can be a little better at following the rules... I say: REOPEN IT!

Vehicles
      03 Jetta, 96 summer beater Cabrio, 97 2.0T garage queen Jetta
      01-16-2011 10:46 AM #85
      Why not just simply ban the idiots that are causing the threads to get locked? Like mentioned above, the people that follow the rules have to deal with the consequences of these idiots
      Fender roller for rent! pm me for more info (sorry not willing to ship out)

Vehicles
      96 2.9 project Jetta, '04 A4 Avant 1.8t quattro
      01-16-2011 11:02 AM #86
      Reopen it

Vehicles
      nothing worth mentioning
      01-16-2011 11:12 AM #87
      like someone said above if i would have known i was supposed to report posts i would have. after spending many hours adding pictures in the stance thread, i would like to see it reopened and i will do my part to help
      Quote Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
      location says, NWO,.. what is that, new world order? are you a rockerfeller?
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathLens View Post
      I managed to destroy the car in 2 days...wait, did I say destroy? I meant make it awesome.

18. 01-16-2011 11:22 AM #88
      Guys, not singling anyone in particular out, because I have had this said to my by multiple people, but reporting posts isn't a secret on here. In fact, it's clearly outlined in the forum rules about it...

Quote Originally Posted by from the FAQ link on the top of this page
      Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged use the “Report This Post to a Moderator” button. VWvortex has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if determined that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

Vehicles
      AP1
      01-16-2011 11:43 AM #89

make me a moderator and give me authority over the stance thread only
      I'm not a star. Somebody lied.

Vehicles
      '97 jetta, '80 scirocco
      01-16-2011 11:49 AM #90
      open it
      I DO VAG-COM SCANS! CENTRAL NJ AREA

01-16-2011 11:50 AM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by I haz cheezeburgerz View Post
      You rely on this forum for excitement?

That is truly sad...

Vehicles
      rusty mk3, mk6 mileage machine
      01-16-2011 12:10 PM #92
      its a nice sentiment and all i guess, but let's be honest, nothing will change. all these mods will increase their presence for like a week, or maybe a month, and then nater will disappear again, bhb whoever he is will go back to where ever he came from, tdogg will fall off the face of the planet like all other new mods they hire do, and the forum will come back to the ****hole it is now again. i've been here for four years, its a never ending cycle, and will never change.

i agree with pretty much everything cheezburger has said.
      Crooked Euros-we get our diapers in a bunch
      Platinum Partout
      MK3 parts pile clean out~Red stitched ebrake boot
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i thought i saw a crooked euro member once, but it turns out it was just a guy in a skirt..

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      01-16-2011 12:10 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by mk3_vws View Post
      Why not just simply ban the idiots that are causing the threads to get locked? Like mentioned above, the people that follow the rules have to deal with the consequences of these idiots
      Because they will just come back with a new username. And those who are the trouble makers know exactly what they're doing. Sadly this place won't change. There are people in here that don't give a crap and will continue to bring it down. No amount of reporting is gonna help. And even after the lock, threads still popped up mocking the Mod's for closing the Stance thread. People are looking in from other forums here laughing at the mk3 forum right now. Some of you guys are a joke and until you realize it, the sooner this forum can get back to the old days.

Good luck to all.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      03 Jetta, 96 summer beater Cabrio, 97 2.0T garage queen Jetta
      01-16-2011 12:17 PM #94
      true and simply locking a thread isnt stopping them either
      Fender roller for rent! pm me for more info (sorry not willing to ship out)

25. 01-16-2011 12:20 PM #95
      Don't hold your breath New 2.

Vehicles
      01-16-2011 12:23 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by tdogg74 View Post
      Don't hold your breath New 2.
      i'm not, and i'm not saying thats what i *want* to happen, i'm just calling it like i see it.
      Platinum Partout
      i thought i saw a crooked euro member once, but it turns out it was just a guy in a skirt..

Vehicles
      01-16-2011 12:30 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      People are looking in from other forums here laughing at the mk3 forum right now. Some of you guys are a joke and until you realize it, the sooner this forum can get back to the old days.

the question is, who the hell cares. if you (meaning a general collective you, not you specifically) honestly care what anyone else thinks over **** you say on the internet, you have some serious issues. this group of people, regardless of how they act on here, are some of the nicest, most down to earth people you will ever meet and hang out with at h2o, vag fair, dci toys for tots, the waffle gtg, or anything else these people put on, they are nothing like what you see on here. go in to the mk4 forum which is the same as here and tell me that the majority of the people aren't like that in real life. the mk3 community is about the people, not the bull****. sorry to burst your bubble mr dreadz but i don't give a damn what anyone else from this forum or any other think about the mk3 section because everyone knows its all bull**** anyway, and no amount of rules or moderation is going to change any of it.
      Platinum Partout

Vehicles
      Back In A Dub...
      01-16-2011 12:32 PM #98
      after poking around the forums, this place has gotten outta hand. i give the mods some props for trying to take control. dont bash the mods for doing things that dont seem to make sense to u, because looking at the bigger picture, you have to make unruly decisions to turn things down...

the mods are kinda dealing with a european riot after a soccer game, so they bring in baton's, gas, water sprayers, and are doing things to take back control... ive been here a few years, and plan on being here a few more...

(O..o) .∙^∙[ Buyer/Seller Feedback ]∙^∙.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      96 Golf GL VR6, 05.5 Jetta TDI
      01-16-2011 12:38 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by jerzee_tek View Post
      after poking around the forums, this place has gotten outta hand. i give the mods some props for trying to take control. dont bash the mods for doing things that dont seem to make sense to u, because looking at the bigger picture, you have to make unruly decisions to turn things down...

the mods are kinda dealing with a european riot after a soccer game, so they bring in baton's, gas, water sprayers, and are doing things to take back control... ive been here a few years, and plan on being here a few more...

Well put. I agree.

Vehicles
      07 RS Rabbit
      01-16-2011 12:49 PM #100
      clean it up and reopen it
      SpeedHappens <----Check us out

01-16-2011 12:50 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by jerzee_tek View Post

There are 15 mods in this forum. 3 actually moderate (tdogg,nater, and vanaman). I know people get on with their lives, so this would be a good time to find new mods such as tdogg who actually get on vortex.
      "I'll always love you, moo " -Ruth
      -Air Force

Vehicles
      '11 Grand Cherokee
      01-16-2011 01:27 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneythegreat View Post
      There are 15 mods in this forum. 3 actually moderate (tdogg,nater, and vanaman). I know people get on with their lives, so this would be a good time to find new mods such as tdogg who actually get on vortex.
      Some of the moderators listed are global moderators - not specifically assigned to this forum. We try very hard to make sure our moderators are "active" in the forums.

Vehicles
      98 gti vr6 daily (RIP), 89 gti vr6 project car, 99 B5 Passat 1.8T daily
      01-16-2011 01:31 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      Because they will just come back with a new username. And those who are the trouble makers know exactly what they're doing. Sadly this place won't change. There are people in here that don't give a crap and will continue to bring it down. No amount of reporting is gonna help. And even after the lock, threads still popped up mocking the Mod's for closing the Stance thread. People are looking in from other forums here laughing at the mk3 forum right now. Some of you guys are a joke and until you realize it, the sooner this forum can get back to the old days.

Good luck to all.
      i wasnt laughing a the mods, i was laughing at you twits

(not YOU per se, you know what i mean.)

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      01-16-2011 01:34 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by nobody... View Post
      i wasnt laughing a the mods, i was laughing at you twits

(not YOU per se, you know what i mean.)
      ok...i lol'd on this one.....hahaha....understood.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      01-16-2011 01:35 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
      Some of the moderators listed are global moderators - not specifically assigned to this forum. We try very hard to make sure our moderators are "active" in the forums.
      PM sent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast