Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ****New *AND* long time users: READ THIS BEFORE YOUR NEXT POST, Please.****

1. 01-16-2011 02:51 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by New 2 View Post
      the question is, who the hell cares. if you (meaning a general collective you, not you specifically) honestly care what anyone else thinks over **** you say on the internet, you have some serious issues. this group of people, regardless of how they act on here, are some of the nicest, most down to earth people you will ever meet and hang out with at h2o, vag fair, dci toys for tots, the waffle gtg, or anything else these people put on, they are nothing like what you see on here. go in to the mk4 forum which is the same as here and tell me that the majority of the people aren't like that in real life. the mk3 community is about the people, not the bull****. sorry to burst your bubble mr dreadz but i don't give a damn what anyone else from this forum or any other think about the mk3 section because everyone knows its all bull**** anyway, and no amount of rules or moderation is going to change any of it.
      i agree with every word.
      BWS custom suspension

Vehicles
      98 gti vr6 daily (RIP), 89 gti vr6 project car, 99 B5 Passat 1.8T daily
      01-16-2011 03:25 PM #107
      what do you get when you put a bunch of guys in a place, throw in some ignorance, throw in some group think, throw in some big egos, throw in copious amounts of testosterone, and dangle expensive toys in front of their faces?

all it takes is a combatant paradigm. tough guy 'bad boys' who wanna constantly prove to... who? (themselves) that they occupy some status. weak minded individuals who enforce their twisted vision of a pecking order by hounding anyone they perceive as 'different'. they are truly unhappy people and must 'fortify' their own self image by belittling anyone they can. it is they who will feel the bass in the end, for you live and die by your paradigm, is it not true my brothers? plus it just not a good idea to push some people. know what i mean?
      Last edited by nobody...; 01-16-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Vehicles
      95 surf 20vt
      01-16-2011 03:47 PM #108
      we need the carp.
      *2011 MkIII Kickball Champions*/OCVW/DJR MK3 HELP PAGE/Never Forget/MkIII.net

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '96 red vr6 jetta
      01-16-2011 03:49 PM #109
      nater: i vote open back up the stance thread.
      **ABT A23's fs/ft** http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...9#post72704839
      Quote Originally Posted by leViR6 View Post
      dam dude all i just wanted to show some support for the vw's but instead i get pelted with dicks
      www.wideopentuning.com

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      01-16-2011 05:02 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by New 2 View Post
      the question is, who the hell cares. if you (meaning a general collective you, not you specifically) honestly care what anyone else thinks over **** you say on the internet, you have some serious issues. this group of people, regardless of how they act on here, are some of the nicest, most down to earth people you will ever meet and hang out with at h2o, vag fair, dci toys for tots, the waffle gtg, or anything else these people put on, they are nothing like what you see on here. go in to the mk4 forum which is the same as here and tell me that the majority of the people aren't like that in real life. the mk3 community is about the people, not the bull****. sorry to burst your bubble mr dreadz but i don't give a damn what anyone else from this forum or any other think about the mk3 section because everyone knows its all bull**** anyway, and no amount of rules or moderation is going to change any of it.
      Oh i agree 100%. I can't tell you how many great people i've met through Vortex at most of the places you've mentioned. And my skin is pretty thick over the 10 yrs me being a member here. Everything i say is being spoken for the new(er) guys that might think it's not BS. It's not all about the attitude's, it's pretty much every aspect. Help someone that needs help, Don't let the thread have 3 replies after 100 views. Be open minded to people with different idea's...maybe people will post their rides more often. We are all here for the samethings. Sure everybody jokes. thats what friends do. Sure we give each other slack. Some people will sit and throw their hand in the air and say "but it's just the internet" when they spend their entire internet time looking through threads. Vortex is full of info. I honestly think if you can't find here, it can't be found. Again, i agree, if you take whats being said here seriously, you have issues but at the same time, If you have to resort to being an ass hole to get attention, you have issues. I also agree that no amount of cracking down will change anything. All i'm saying is the E-thug mentality isn't healthy for the forum.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

Vehicles
      2008 Passat 4Mo 3.6L Wagon, 98 VRt, 2010 Routan/Caravan :)
      01-16-2011 06:07 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by B-Tower View Post
      nater: i vote open back up the stance thread.
      I'll open it. For the most part you guys are all good....just keep reporting posts PLEASE.

And to reply to everyone PM'ing me asking to "just ban" those users in the stance thread:
      It's not that easy. First off, mods CAN'T ban anybody. Secondly, only repeat offenders should be referred to admins for banning.
      With Travis here to help me things can get a bit better in here but we RELY on all of your help guys.

iPhone

Vehicles
      98 Golf, 98 Silverado, 93 Sierra
      01-16-2011 06:13 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
      I'll open it. For the most part you guys are all good....just keep reporting posts PLEASE.

And to reply to everyone PM'ing me asking to "just ban" those users in the stance thread:
      It's not that easy. First off, mods CAN'T ban anybody. Secondly, only repeat offenders should be referred to admins for banning.
      With Travis here to help me things can get a bit better in here but we RELY on all of your help guys.

iPhone
      thank you we give you guys a hard time but you all do good work
      Quote Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
      location says, NWO,.. what is that, new world order? are you a rockerfeller?
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathLens View Post
      I managed to destroy the car in 2 days...wait, did I say destroy? I meant make it awesome.

Vehicles
      1997 Gti VR6, 2006 4Runner, 2011 Audi A4, 2001 Jeep Wrangler
      01-16-2011 06:20 PM #113
      Can we have the stance thread back? That is like a daily checkpoint for me and for a lot of other people I'm sure. I know some people in there like to cry and complain about other cars but they should get banned or something instead of other people paying for their mistakes and not having a thread.

Thanks.

Vehicles
      rusty mk3, mk6 mileage machine
      01-16-2011 06:32 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by wannabeeuroTR View Post
      Can we have the stance thread back? That is like a daily checkpoint for me and for a lot of other people I'm sure. I know some people in there like to cry and complain about other cars but they should get banned or something instead of other people paying for their mistakes and not having a thread.

Thanks.
      see, this is EXACTLY what is wrong with this forum. not people posting smart ass replies. nater just said TWO POSTS AGO he would open it back up and there are alreayd people not reading the thread in its entirety. if you removed posts like this, people wouldn't make irrelevant, smart ass replies.
      Crooked Euros-we get our diapers in a bunch
      Platinum Partout
      MK3 parts pile clean out~Red stitched ebrake boot
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i thought i saw a crooked euro member once, but it turns out it was just a guy in a skirt..

10. Banned
      01-16-2011 06:33 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by mk3_vws View Post
      Why not just simply ban the idiots that are causing the threads to get locked? Like mentioned above, the people that follow the rules have to deal with the consequences of these idiots

Thanks.
      Is it sad that people come on here to view the same cars over and over after 300 pages and complain to have it opened back up?

Why?

So people can post their stupid stock cars, then people bitch at them, then those people bitch back because "stance" isn't just about a lowered car since there are multiple versions of "stance"?

So people can post the same cars over and over and over again? Can't you just look back through the pages and be happy?

What made my day were the PM's from people crying about the thread getting locked because of ME when it wasn't only me posting. BOO FREAKIN HOO!!

It's funny how everyone throws the blame my way when 99% of the time other people post something towards me and when/if I reply to it people start complaining and crying like little kids.
      If you want mods to ban people, why not have them ban the people that initiate the crap in the first place?

I bet you can't go 3 pages without posting a car that hasn't already been posted on one of the other 299 pages. Sheesh, people act like their lives are over because of it.

01-16-2011 06:33 PM #116
      Just tuning in, and I will TRY to be good
      My name is...Shake-Zula. The mic-rula, The old schoolah, Ya wanna trip? I'll bring it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top Rock you like a cop Meatwad you up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money, see. Meatwad get the honeys, G. Drivin in my car, livin' like a star. Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Check it. Check, check it. 'Cuz we drive the Cabrios, make the homies say ho! and the girlies wanna scream.

Vehicles
      1995 GTI VR6, 2011 Golf TDI
      01-16-2011 06:39 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by thewhitsnpt View Post
      Shape this place up and maybe I'll actually post in here regularly again. Maybe.
      -Meredith-

Vehicles
      1997 Gti VR6, 2006 4Runner, 2011 Audi A4, 2001 Jeep Wrangler
      01-16-2011 06:43 PM #118
      Doesn't have to be a stance thread, does it? Why not just make it "post some mk3s" thread? That way people won't have stupid excuses to complain about how the car is not low enough or the stance is not right, this and that... All of the bashing like that goes on over the internet anyway. How many people at shows go to somebodys car and say "hey dude your car sucks, it's not low enough, wtf is up with all the stickers, etc..."? Nobody. It's all e-thuggin and it's worthless.
      Why can't people just get along and be happy that there are more people like themselves that are into the same car as you. All the hate is just pointless. Let's all get along and be happy.

Vehicles
      An Exploder and A boosted back lot beauty
      01-16-2011 06:44 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by rabriolet View Post

What made my day were the PM's from people crying about the thread getting locked because of ME when it wasn't only me posting. BOO FREAKIN HOO!!

It's funny how everyone throws the blame my way
      If it helps....I still like you kris. No homo
      Quote Originally Posted by mk3_vws View Post
      ..you dont wanna know how much dick I had to suck for that

15. Banned
      01-16-2011 06:47 PM #120
      HaHa thanks. I guess I'm jvonn junior now. I remember when EVERYONE hated him, now they just treat him like their retarded little brother that doesn't know any better

Vehicles
      1995 GTI VR6, 2011 Golf TDI
      01-16-2011 06:47 PM #121
      Doesn't have to be a stance thread, does it? Why not just make it "post some mk3s" thread? That way people won't have stupid excuses to complain about how the car is not low enough or the stance is not right, this and that... All of the bashing like that goes on over the internet anyway. How many people at shows go to somebodys car and say "hey dude your car sucks, it's not low enough, wtf is up with all the stickers, etc..."? Nobody. It's all e-thuggin and it's worthless.
      Why can't people just get along and be happy that there are more people like themselves that are into the same car as you. All the hate is just pointless. Let's all get along and be happy.
      -Meredith-

01-16-2011 06:48 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by PA-VDUB View Post
      If it helps....I still like you kris. No homo
      lol
      Quote Originally Posted by krazy eyez killa View Post
      Coming from the fact that you and ho-bro are from the stanceworks forums, there's not one inch of stance in any of these cars. both your ****'s weak, go back to the drawing board because your futile attempt in getting recognition failed miserably. go back to stanceworks and swing on mike burrough's sweaty nuts more. pussies.

Vehicles
      98 gti vr6 daily (RIP), 89 gti vr6 project car, 99 B5 Passat 1.8T daily
      01-16-2011 06:52 PM #123
      if truth be told, we DO need a thread where we can get another look at oldschooljameses car

19. Banned
      01-16-2011 06:54 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by nobody... View Post
      if truth be told, we DO need a thread where we can get another look at oldschooljameses car
      Does he have a build thread? I know he had random pictures all over the place but I thought he started a thread of the build on the car. Maybe it was in the air forum and just what he did suspension wise.

Vehicles
      2008 Passat 4Mo 3.6L Wagon, 98 VRt, 2010 Routan/Caravan :)
      01-16-2011 07:05 PM #125
      Opened, and title changed. Not JUST a stance thread now but a picture thread. post any pics you want as long as it's related to mk3 cars.

If you don't like what somebody posts (ie. the car is a POS in your eyes) just don't post. No need to be critical of others in that thread, just let people whore out their cars. We all like to brag about our stuff...even if it's nothing special.

And please use the report function. Thanks!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      a white 2 door and a black 2 door
      01-16-2011 07:29 PM #126
      Opened, and title changed. Not JUST a stance thread now but a picture thread. post any pics you want as long as it's related to mk3 cars.

If you don't like what somebody posts (ie. the car is a POS in your eyes) just don't post. No need to be critical of others in that thread, just let people whore out their cars. We all like to brag about our stuff...even if it's nothing special.

Vehicles
      MKIII CABRIO VR6
      01-17-2011 01:53 AM #127

thank you nater.
      this thread should go sticky as reminder of what could happen if the rule arent followed

23. Member
      Vehicles
      MK1 GTI, '95 Golf 2.0T
      01-17-2011 02:36 AM #128
      The posted rules need to be posted in the MK1 forum too.

Vehicles
      '11 Grand Cherokee
      01-18-2011 10:43 AM #129
      It seems like everyone got their voices heard, moderators and users alike.

I am going to lock and stick this thread, for reference.

Again, please feel free to PM me with any issues and they WILL be addressed. I answer all my PMs, so please don't feel like you're wasting your time.

Thanks, all, for your participation.

Brad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234