VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Vintage photos....Awesome!

4M views 13K replies 603 participants last post by  gprace 
#1 ·
Vintage pics? Anyone? The more I see the more I get into the photos.

Feed me.

I'll kick this snowball rolling....

See less See more
#30 ·

#36 ·

#38 ·
Wow these are awesome pictures. The one thing that stood out for me is all the people, I don't think i saw one obese person in all those photos, its amazing how much society changed in this country in the last 40+ years (and yes I know that some of those pictures from from other countries). If we were to post random pictures of today things would be very different.

Again some very cool pictures, love the one with the woman in full leathers on the bike.:thumbup:

#1,431 ·
Wow, seeing this image brought back memories of my grandfather who drove those buses for years. Seeing it in a photo from that time period really made me associate it with him. My mom said nobody else drove anything like it in their preppy neighbourhood and everyone thought it was weird. He made sets for TV. And he helped me make a soap box racer when I was like 10. I was so proud of that thing. My mom threw it out when they sold their house after his death because there wasn't room for it in the moving truck... she should've left some piece of furniture instead. :(I hate to say it but I had kind of forgotten about him the last couple years, but he was a really cool guy, and really he was the only person in my family who I ever got along with. :laugh: