Vehicles
      2010 Proper V1 20lbs
      02-12-2011 11:34 AM #51
      I love the colour, me wants one so bad
      I think I'm hilarious.

Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      03-01-2011 09:09 AM #52
      Frustration is somewhat mounting and I put the interior and everything on hold until I get this fuel issue figured out

I need input from you guys on this:

OK. Switched out temp sensor
      removed every single vacuum line that the vehicle does not need
      cleaned the isv
      and still the car runs so rich that my oil is still coming out gray.

This is frustrating.

I noticed my o2 sensor wiring is all chopped up from someone tapping in a narrow band AFR gauge at some point in the past. Before I fix this, does it adversley affect A/F mixture?

I am now leaning towards fuel delivery.. Gonna remove injectors and FPR. I am getting way to much fuel in every RMP range.

PLEASE HELP
      Last edited by HavokRuels; 03-01-2011 at 09:11 AM.
      Guru Motorsports / europeein

Vehicles
      Corrado SLC, Audi A8 QUATTRO, B6 ULTRASPORT MT6
      03-01-2011 10:43 AM #53
      OMG Yes, fix the O2 harness Before you go nuts chasing the injectors.
      |Corrado SLC 2.9LVR6|Corrado Keyless Entry | A8 "Grape Ape" | SPOONFEDTUNING |FOURSEASONTUNING|DUBNUTZ|
      Quote Originally Posted by pileofredparts View Post
      Do you guys remember the time that Ryan kid started mixing and matching rods and end caps and then his motor wouldnt turn over? I do

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      03-01-2011 11:05 AM #54
      i'd suggest soldering the wiring then shrink wrapping it to avoid a bigger mess

Vehicles
      03-01-2011 07:59 PM #55
      Ok gonna clean up the harness, run a new o2, change oil and run car for 15 minutes. If oil comes back out like water, smelling like gasoline and gray, I am gonna tear the fuel delivery apart.

The car runs and idles fine but christ it's rich

6. 03-02-2011 02:53 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by iMD Autos View Post
      I got the RX7 rear storage bin framing in. They were the perfect concept but no matter how I positioned them, they just didn't please me. I am going to scrap them and start from scratch with cardboard for exact fitment transferred to some type of rigid material and then fitted in.

I don't know where the hell you were going with those "storage bins" lol. How about this stuff.

http://www.misterart.com/paper-board...ed-boards.html

Just fab up something on the front edge where the seats sat originally to level the plasticor out (I'm thinking styrofoam cut and stacked and perhaps glued down in moderation) assuming that your not looking for something to be structural back there. You could even fill the void with batt insulation to keep road noise down. I plan on doing a similar project in my GTI this spring.
      1998 GTi Vr6 Turbo Tornado Red
      2008 Jetta I5 2.5L Campanella White

Vehicles
      03-03-2011 09:17 PM #57
      New OEM sensor came in today. Here is the dilemma: The 4th wire on the harnes (black) on both the o2 sensor side and Digi side are missing on the one that I currently have.

The new one is obviously all there but I still have the missing black wire on the digi side of the connector. Well there is about half an inch of wire coming out but once I solder on a new wire, where the hell does it go?

I checked my bentley but still have no clue.

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado 2L 16V, 2004 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro S-Line
      03-03-2011 09:30 PM #58
      Black goes to the ECU. Its the sensor shield wire. Is it possible the wire is in the harness side of the car still but you have to dig for it?

Vehicles
      03-03-2011 09:35 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      Black goes to the ECU. Its the sensor shield wire. Is it possible the wire is in the harness side of the car still but you have to dig for it?
      I sure as hell hope so!!!! lol. If not I can either repair it all the way through or take one off my other C's

Vehicles
      03-03-2011 09:41 PM #60
      The good thing is that harness only goes directly up to the ECU in the rain tray. Shouldn't be difficult to track it down since its not a long harness.

Vehicles
      03-03-2011 09:53 PM #61
      The good thing is that harness only goes directly up to the ECU in the rain tray. Shouldn't be difficult to track it down since its not a long harness.
      Agreed. Now hopefully I am describing the correct wire (vehicle is at the shop). The black wire is the seperated wire on the connector. Example : [XXX-X]
      Last edited by HavokRuels; 03-03-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Vehicles
      97 GLX, 92 LC3U Corrado VRT
      03-04-2011 11:16 PM #62
      I had done something similar to my jetta. I just used a sheet of 3/4" MDF covered in black carpet and factory seat bolts on each end so it sat right where the seats did and could be folded up for storage underneath.

sorry for the wacky door less shot but you can see it in the back.

Vehicles
      03-06-2011 09:59 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by FlatlanderSJ View Post
      I had done something similar to my jetta. I just used a sheet of 3/4" MDF covered in black carpet and factory seat bolts on each end so it sat right where the seats did and could be folded up for storage underneath.

sorry for the wacky door less shot but you can see it in the back.
      Looks good from what I can see. Love the orange on the interior! I just got some large sheets of cardboard that I am gonna make my initial template out of. I thought for sure the RX7 bin framing was gonna be perfect but unfortunately it wasn't wide enough to allow for custom cutting. It was actually too small in some areas.

UPDATE: O2 sensor wiring was so bad. The black wire I kept referring to was actually supposed to be purple. I check one of my other rado (had to unearth it from the snow). I repaired the right way and we will see if it is still running super rich when I drain the oil monday.

on another note, the wiring to the ISV is so fouled I want to cry The black/yellow wire is fried all the way up the harnes, both wires are taped onto the ISV and pigtail is missing. I have two others I can use but I noticed that cracked and frail wiring is prevelant on this harness due to age and heat. SOOOOO I am removing the pins and completely wiring the pigtail. If I like the way this goes (TEDIOUS WORK) I will be replacing a multitude of wirings in the engine bay as they are all dry rotted and cracked.

Oh well. shouldn't be that bad. Just need to find the pin connectors at a reasonable price

Vehicles
      03-19-2011 08:57 PM #64
      Update: I found a place where I can store my car for the year as this build is gonna be slow as hell. However, prior to shipping the car there, I am removing the engine. Removed the front nose so far.

The motor will stay at the shop and was wondering if anyone would like to chime in on suggestions for internals such as rods, pistons, etc etc. BBM Stage 4 kit with 260 degree camshaft for starters on the head? I already have an adjustable gamgear.

Help a brother out

Vehicles
      '92 8V GTI, '03 24V GTI, '93 SLC VR, '99 EK9, '03 Evo8
      03-19-2011 09:34 PM #65
      Stock internals are more than adequate for a stage 4 G60.

You could switch to an ABA or (if it works) a 3A for some more displacement.

Vehicles
      03-19-2011 09:44 PM #66
      So glad we don't have to deal with rust issues out here.

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      03-19-2011 10:39 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      Stock internals are more than adequate for a stage 4 G60.

You could switch to an ABA or (if it works) a 3A for some more displacement.
      x2

Stock bottom end is good for some decent power. Getting enough power to break it is the hard part

So glad we don't have to deal with rust issues out here.
      Same here.
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

Vehicles
      Grizzly bear
      03-20-2011 02:06 AM #68
      I never understood why people "build" g60 C's, AND keep the g charger. Its a **** 8v to begin with, then add an unreliable supercharger & boost the hell out of it. Its a total waste of time, effort and $ imo. All for what, 220 whp on a good day w/ the gcharger wound the hell out?

For less $, you could swap in a oem 1.8t and have a more powerful motor with 1000% better potential. So many better options than wasting $ on a G60/PG setup. Not being a dick, I just honestly never understood it why people go through the hassle for hardly any power gain. Bang for your buck wise..it makes no sense.

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      03-20-2011 04:36 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by dasbeast3.0 View Post
      I never understood why people "build" g60 C's, AND keep the g charger. Its a **** 8v to begin with, then add an unreliable supercharger & boost the hell out of it. Its a total waste of time, effort and $ imo. All for what, 220 whp on a good day w/ the gcharger wound the hell out?

For less $, you could swap in a oem 1.8t and have a more powerful motor with 1000% better potential. So many better options than wasting $ on a G60/PG setup. Not being a dick, I just honestly never understood it why people go through the hassle for hardly any power gain. Bang for your buck wise..it makes no sense.
      They are nice in a proper car.... a mk1.
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

03-20-2011 04:57 AM #70

Some people just like rare things, vr6 and 1.8t is NOT rare in any way.
      I my self am not into fast vw but in to fast porsches or fast cars worth a pretty penny.
      Quote Originally Posted by Radvr6T View Post
      A true built car is one in which the owner alone has done its work intirely!
      Not had a shop build the motor,Not had a shop paint it ,Not had a upolster do the interior,Not just supplied money for work of any kind for the vehicle!
      According to this guy no one builds cars.

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      03-20-2011 08:12 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by TheBurninator View Post
      They are nice in a proper car.... a mk1.
      This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeerado View Post
      Some people just like rare things, vr6 and 1.8t is NOT rare in any way...
      ...and this ^^

And I wouldn't exactly call 1 bar, "boosting the hell out of it"
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      03-20-2011 12:17 PM #72

Hey we are all entitled to our opinion and as for the 1.8t platfor in my opinion is garbage. I like the classic g60, I am doing this for fun and the money isn't an issue.

The car was never intended to be a daily driver and I get bored very easily so this thing should keep me busy for a while and don't tell me the VR6 or 1.8T are any more reliable or this forum would have this or this as an optional emoticon.

Now back to the grind. Removed everything but the block this morning. Easy as pie when you have the proper tools and lift. Gonna hit the garage later today to pull the rest out but for now I have to go run errands with the old lady.

Cheers peeps

Vehicles
      03-20-2011 12:22 PM #73
      Oh and one more thing... I have two sets of rims coming in this week. Scored a set of 16" Ronal ACT's shipped for 500.00 from Kansas and I SCORED a set of Ronal Turbo's still in the original packaging from when they were purchased by a gentlemen back in the 80's for his Jaguar.

The price you ask? haha 405.00 shipped from Reno
      Last edited by HavokRuels; 04-05-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Vehicles
      Grizzly bear
      03-20-2011 12:26 PM #74
      So why would you want to build a motor to only run 1 bar of boost? The stg4 kit is 16+ psi. Thats over 1 bar right there.

Also, the g60/pg isnt really rare, they are pretty common. Its just a very limited setup that most guys looking for power, don't use. Im not praising other motors, im simply stating that obviously if the guy is looking at building a motor and going with stg4 g60 setup, he wants to go fast. There are much better options to go fast for less $, with far better performamce. I don't wanna start a g60 vs "
      " argument...so I'll leave it at that i guess.

I understand the fact that some people want originality, and to keep the pg setup..but if thats the case, why not keep it oem+ and make it last longer by not pushing the limits of a bad design? either way, op. good luck in whatever you do. Just stating my opinion while trying to gain a little insight on the subject.

Vehicles
      03-20-2011 12:32 PM #75
      So why would you want to build a motor to only run 1 bar of boost? The stg4 kit is 16+ psi. Thats over 1 bar right there.

Also, the g60/pg isnt really rare, they are pretty common. Its just a very limited setup that most guys looking for power, don't use. Im not praising other motors, im simply stating that obviously if the guy is looking at building a motor and going with stg4 g60 setup, he wants to go fast. There are much better options to go fast for less $, with far better performamce. I don't wanna start a g60 vs "
      " argument...so I'll leave it at that i guess.

I understand the fact that some people want originality, and to keep the pg setup..but if thats the case, why not keep it oem+ and make it last longer by not pushing the limits of a bad design? either way, op. good luck in whatever you do. Just stating my opinion while trying to gain a little insight on the subject.
      Bro I didn't say it's rare and/or that I want to go fast, I just want to max out it's potential that's all. No big deal

The car is well above the stock HP levels anyway. Who knows, it may already have better internals??? I will find out when it gets disassembled.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast