Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Regarding name changes: Please Read.

Vehicles
      '11 Grand Cherokee
      01-30-2011 02:22 PM #1
      Read: The following are instructions for having your username changed. We are happy to accommodate username changes on a first come first serve basis. We get several requests per day, so if your request is not met immediately, don't worry - we will get to you. Please read these instructions in their entirety BEFORE PMing an administrator. We simply do not have the time to deal with requests that are not made correctly.

How to have your username changed:
      1) Pick a user name.
      2) Make sure the user name you're trying to change to is not taken. Use the search tool to search for that username.
      3) Make sure you don't violate any of the rules (below).
      4) Once you have determined that username is available, PM one of the administrators.
      THE FOLLOWING ADMINS CAN HELP YOU: jebglx, SilverSLC or myself (BHB)

Who do you contact? Well thats easy.
      *If your current username begins with a number or the letters A thru I, contact BHB.

*If your current username begins with a symbol ($, -, !, etc) or the letters J thru P, contact jebglx.

*If your current username begins with the letters Q thru Z, contact Tim@VMG
      5) PM *ONE* of us. Not 2, not 3. If you don't PM the correct administrator, your request will be ignored. This is to make sure there is no confusion on our end while changing your name.
      Rules for Name Changes:
      We do not change usernames in the following cases:
      1) If the username is already taken. It doesn't matter if the account has not posted in 8 years. If it is already created, we cannot reassign it.
      2) If you have had ANY infractions in the last 12 months.
      3) If you have already had your name changed in the last 12 months. Major issues, older than 12 months will also be looked at, and handled on a case-by-case basis.
      4) If you have been banned from this site previously.
      5) If you have any alias names (we will check).
      Advertisers:

-John@VMG will handle all advertiser name changes.

2. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      07-27-2011 08:54 AM #2
      Also, as a note, we often process these in batches, because we get a lot of these requests. If we don't get back to you immediately, I promise you're not being ignored. Sometimes it takes several days to process through a bunch of requests, so please, have patience.

Thanks!

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

Vehicles
      2012 Equinox
      03-03-2014 11:22 PM #3
      If you don't hear back from the folks listed above after two weeks, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll look into getting you taken care of.

* non-advertisers only
      * all criteria posted above still apply