Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 96 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

02-04-2011 07:53 PM #1
      The return of the king! Well, maybe. Maybe not. Here's hoping!

Right now the EA UK site has the most info: http://www.ea.com/uk/battlefield3

Quote Originally Posted by EA
      GAME INFO
      Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.

KEY FEATURES

Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
      Also known so far:

Prone is back. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 didn't have prone due to the Frostbite 1.5 engine.
      Jets are here! This can only mean one thing. Massive levels!
      64 player support (PC). It is unknown what the player cap will be for consoles.

Battlefield 3 Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP0Ij1_VTY0

Expect more info including gameplay pictures/video (hopefully) coming early March at the GDC.

2. 02-04-2011 08:10 PM #2
      im in
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

3. Senior Member PineappleMonkey's Avatar
      02-04-2011 09:30 PM #3
      More Jet spam bombing?

In. :p
      liiliilillillilililiil
      Donatello - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      I have a pet ▀□ left lane piggy □▀

02-05-2011 10:11 AM #4
      I preferred MW2 over BBC2, but Im sure this one will move to the top over Black Ops for me after I give it a try.

02-05-2011 02:56 PM #5
      More news:

Limited Edition to ship with month 1 DLC which includes 4 maps from Battlefield 2:

http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefiel...kand-dlc-pack/

Quote Originally Posted by Gamersmint
      A image has revealed a planned Battlefield 3: Limited Edition and the contents that it’ll come with.
      The limited edition will include the Battlefield Field 3: Back to Karkand DLC pack which will include 4 maps from Battlefield 2, re-imagined with DICE’s latest Frostbite 2 engine with full destruction and physics effects thrown in.
      It’ll also come with classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles which fans of the series would love to use. The pack will also have achievements/trophies to unlock and some unique rewards, details of which has not been provided at this point of time.
      Back to Karkand DLC pack will be available for purchase after one month of the game’s release as a standalone product. Anyone who pre-orders the game can have access to it from day one.
      You can check out the poster above which details the following.
      We’ll check with EA to confirm what other goodies it’ll come with and when it’ll be available for pre-order. Stay tuned
      Battlefield 3 got its first teaser trailer yesterday, with DICE earlier confirming that the game will get a proper reveal over at GDC 2011, which starts from March 1.
      They’ve assured that the PC version of the game will be getting “special attention“.
      The game won’t be supporting Windows XP however, so if you’re running that and want to play this, now would be a good time to move on and switch to Windows 7.
      The first details regarding the game were revealed yesterday, you can read about them over here.

This is great news. Strike at Karkand was what many consider the best map in Battlefield 2. Rebuilt with the frostbite 2 engine will make it insane.

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, MKIV TDI
      02-05-2011 03:00 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Black n Grey View Post
      More news:

Limited Edition to ship with month 1 DLC which includes 4 maps from Battlefield 2:

http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefiel...kand-dlc-pack/

This is great news. Strike at Karkand was what many consider the best map in Battlefield 2. Rebuilt with the frostbite 2 engine will make it insane.
      Karkand? Count me the **** in, I played the **** out of that level back in the day.

Vehicles
      2013 Audi allroad / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      02-06-2011 04:31 PM #7
      Black Ops was really just something to tide me over until this comes out.

BCBC2 is the best online FPS game i've played. it does sooooo much stuff better than any CoD game.
      cannot wait for BF3
      2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro - Fourtitude.com Project car
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

8. 02-06-2011 04:42 PM #8
      http://bf2s.com/player/45761177/

post up your stats from BF2 haha it was my fav FPS ever. good memories, and yes wake island was my fav map...as you can tell by the stats.

btw I checked out the global leaderboard...theres a guy who started playing in 2006 and has played 29,000hrs...= 1,208 days = 3 years...literally means he just gamed and slept...jesus
      Last edited by deep_07; 02-06-2011 at 04:46 PM.

9. 02-06-2011 04:52 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by deep_07 View Post
      http://bf2s.com/player/45761177/

post up your stats from BF2 haha it was my fav FPS ever. good memories, and yes wake island was my fav map...as you can tell by the stats.

btw I checked out the global leaderboard...theres a guy who started playing in 2006 and has played 29,000hrs...= 1,208 days = 3 years...literally means he just gamed and slept...jesus
      and i thought i played mw2 too much
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

10. 02-06-2011 04:56 PM #10
      ya nutty I thought I played bf2 alot haha, that was the game I played the most out of any fps but the game lasted, its not like COD where a new one came out, I started in 2005 and played it on and off until 09. great game, jump into a squad sometimes you got a dope commander it was just genuinely good ****.

and wake island = best map screw karkand haha

02-06-2011 09:59 PM #11
      A first look at the Frostbite 2 engine and its use of real time radiosity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXVF7q035Y

As well as a few words from the Battlefield 3's lead designer including some new details about what we can expect to see in the game:

http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefiel...d-new-details/

"You don’t kill COD by trying to be COD. You kill COD by making a better shooter."

12. 02-07-2011 10:09 AM #12
      Do we know official PC specs yet? I don't mean minimum requirements.

Can't wait for this. I was hooked on BF2 on PC like a crackhead on crack

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      02-07-2011 11:42 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by CuCo33 View Post
      Do we know official PC specs yet? I don't mean minimum requirements.

Can't wait for this. I was hooked on BF2 on PC like a crackhead on crack
      I remember how amazingly accurate the PKM was before they patched the game
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      07' 328xi
      02-07-2011 12:08 PM #14
      Is the Beta Key out yet?

15. 02-07-2011 12:39 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      I remember how amazingly accurate the PKM was before they patched the game
      lol there were some patches which fixed some guns. The PKM was pretty sweet like you mentioned it, pre patch.

I used to loan wolf it more than play in squads (even though squad play was much more fun) but I got on a few times in the vortex vs hondatech server matches. I'm due for a new rig (probably said that too many times these past few months lol) so I want to make sure I'm getting/building something good enough to run this game on high settings w/all the effects on.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      02-07-2011 12:44 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by e_andree View Post
      I preferred MW2 over BBC2, but Im sure this one will move to the top over Black Ops for me after I give it a try.
      Not I. In MW2 you could run around then map with just a knife and just go crazy. It wasn't real. The maps were way too small and it's a run and gun play style. I don't think I've ever used a sniper rifle in any Call of Duty maps since the maps are so tiny. It kind of makes those weapons pointless to include in the game.

BF has more realism in the form of bullet drop over distances, having to lead targets, flight times for ammo, etc... It just feels like a more real experience, especially with the ability to demolish buildings.

17. 02-07-2011 02:48 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Black n Grey View Post
      "You don’t kill COD by trying to be COD. You kill COD by making a better shooter."
      I wonder if this was an indirect at Medal of Honor...

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      02-07-2011 03:23 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by yzfwv View Post

BF has more realism in the form of bullet drop over distances, having to lead targets, flight times for ammo, etc... It just feels like a more real experience, especially with the ability to demolish buildings.
      i really liked the audio of BFBC2, the guns and echos and bullet hits sounded very authentic

02-08-2011 03:24 PM #19
      The issue of Gameinformer with the Battlefield 3 cover story has already shipped!

Here is a link to scans of the story with ingame pictures. This game is shaping up to look absolutely epic.

http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/a...cluding-scans/

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      02-08-2011 03:37 PM #20
      i would get this for PC but i'm not so sure now. I have been very dissapointed by BFBC2 online play. I can't get a latency under 150ms and its really choppy

21. 02-08-2011 04:13 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      i really liked the audio of BFBC2, the guns and echos and bullet hits sounded very authentic
      It has some pretty good LFE too. I remember getting in one of the tanks and shooting off... I went wow! then I was on another map with one of those water tank things (forgot name) and it had such a deep low thud shooting away I was in heaven while cranking up my surround setup.

02-08-2011 05:35 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by CuCo33 View Post
      It has some pretty good LFE too. I remember getting in one of the tanks and shooting off... I went wow! then I was on another map with one of those water tank things (forgot name) and it had such a deep low thud shooting away I was in heaven while cranking up my surround setup.
      I think you will like how the BF3 team did their sound design then.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Informer Magazine
      For Battlefield 3, audio director Stefan Strandberg and his team took the field to record the sounds of war up close and personal during a Swedish military exercise featuring infantry combat, tanks, and helicopters...

Rather than striving for a cinematic audio experience, the team decided to treat the sound as if it were the soundtrack for a documentary.

"Battlefield 3 sounds much cleaner... It's a brighter sounding game. It's less noisy and easier for the player to locate stuff and hear what's what, and its actually a much more accurate portrait of war."

23. Member
      Vehicles
      '02 337, '06 CBR600RR
      02-08-2011 07:49 PM #23
      http://bf2s.com/player/72355154/

Stayed up many many nights playing BF2. My favorite vehicle were the helicopters, specially the Russian. I've played the COD and BFBC and got bored after a few hours of game play.

Are BF2 servers still up?

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      02-08-2011 07:53 PM #24
      anyone play the modern combat or desert combat mod for bf1942? It was basically BF2 before BF2 came out

02-08-2011 09:12 PM #25
      I hear there are still plenty of populated BF2 servers still and I'm sure with the wealth of new info on BF3 quite a few people who used to play BF2 will be getting back into it to relive the memories.

26. 02-08-2011 10:04 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Envy 337 View Post
      http://bf2s.com/player/72355154/

Stayed up many many nights playing BF2. My favorite vehicle were the helicopters, specially the Russian. I've played the COD and BFBC and got bored after a few hours of game play.

Are BF2 servers still up?
      yes they are, the only thing i hate is if you install it with cd you probably gotta get a sizeable update.

27. 02-09-2011 09:18 AM #27
      late ninjaedit: yep.. I'm installing BF2 on my work laptop now.
      Last edited by CuCo33; 02-10-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Vehicles
      08 Neon
      02-18-2011 09:36 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by yzfwv View Post
      Not I. In MW2 you could run around then map with just a knife and just go crazy. It wasn't real. The maps were way too small and it's a run and gun play style. I don't think I've ever used a sniper rifle in any Call of Duty maps since the maps are so tiny. It kind of makes those weapons pointless to include in the game.

since bfbc1 i have not been able to enjoy any other fps game....the gameplay is so awesome and requires actual thought. though i am far from a good player, there is something so awesome about blowing a hole in the side of a building, running in and knifing the guy in there because he was expecting you to run in through the door after him

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      02-18-2011 10:54 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by e_andree View Post
      Came to post this. My thoughts exactly. Finally, I have something to look forward too. Getting Sick of the CoD franchise. Even between IW and 3arc

30. 02-19-2011 12:41 AM #30
      I'm so pumped for this game. I'm going to do everything I can to build a PC that can handle this game at the max. I love everything about the Battlefield series. I played a ton of 2142 for about a year. One thing I would like to see them use is the unlock tree that game used. If you want to be recon, engineer, assault or medic you can pick your unlocks, BC2 did a great job of this as well. I hate the way COD does things.

I went out and bought BC2 recently, because this game got me excited to play Battlefield again. It made me realize how much I hate the rat race of the COD series. My favorite thing about the battlefield games is the sniping. If I want to go and pitch a tent among some trees on a hill and shoot players in the head I can. When I think of sniping I think of long range shooting and having to adjust for bullet drop or lead them with a shot. There's nothing like dropping a player running out in the open and has no clue wtf just happened. Hell when I run across an open map I'm always wondering if a sniper is watching me. Not non of this quick scoping **** people do in COD.

I love the destructible environments. Although it's rather annoying when all the buildings on a base are destroyed and you have nowhere to hide while you are trying to cap a flag.

I never drive planes or fly the helipcopters (I sucked at it), but they make these games awesome. Driving tanks and other ground vehicles usually worked out better for me. Anyone know if they are going to bring commanders back?

Speaking of 2142 did/does anyone play this? They 1.51 patch came out and there are a few new maps up. I just need to find my install cd back.

Sorry for the ramble. The wait for this game is going to suck.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      02-19-2011 09:20 AM #31
      i have 2142 and haven't played in a looooong time. One thing i liked about that game is that infantry had a good chance of doing a lot of damage to tanks/mechs. Every vehicle had a critical point, usually a tiny vent, that allowed a gunner to do damage. I hope they bring this back.

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      02-19-2011 09:31 AM #32
      Kubra Dam better be in there! To this day the best multiplayer map ever, so many memories of countless days and nite in 2006 and 2007 were spent on it

Bf2 is still the king when it comes to play time, and there was no such thing as prestige back in the day .\

http://bf2s.com/player/48723995/
      Last edited by hugoaswho; 02-19-2011 at 10:33 AM.

02-19-2011 08:22 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by hugoaswho View Post
      Kubra Dam better be in there! To this day the best multiplayer map ever, so many memories of countless days and nite in 2006 and 2007 were spent on it

Bf2 is still the king when it comes to play time, and there was no such thing as prestige back in the day .\

http://bf2s.com/player/48723995/
      I love Kubra Dam as well. I'm thinking I'm gonna need a new PC for BF3.

http://bf2s.com/player/89944550/

02-21-2011 09:56 PM #34
      I remember being so good at flying the helicopter in BF2. In the start of a Kubra Dam game I would always take the attack chopper and fly it through tunnel that goes through the center of the dam (barely the width of the helicopter rotors, cap the point by hovering there in the tunnel and continue my attack on the other side- using the tunnel through the dam as a quick means of getting from one side of the map to the other.

I also remember black hawks being so plentiful on some of the bigger maps that I would always take them up solo and kamakazi into the enemy attack choppers. I lose a crap helicopter, get two kills, and take out a strong enemy vehicle. Win win.

I have a feeling Battlefield 3 for the PC is going to blow everyone away. We will be getting more info in a week once GDC starts. Can't wait!

35. 02-23-2011 10:05 AM #35

Holy hell this game looks good.
      Last edited by wakeboarderdave; 02-23-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Page 1 of 96 123451151 ... LastLast