Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

02-23-2011 11:37 AM #36
      GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

Game Info
      PRE-ORDER BATTLEFIELD 3 TO GET “BACK TO KARKAND” EXPANSION PACK

Pre-order Battlefield 3 to receive the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge! This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite™ 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. Players anxious to start the fight can pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition now. Pre-order while supplies last.

*Conditions and restrictions apply. See EA Store for details.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of its time with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York.

Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles. Other returning fan favourite features include 64 players for PC and prone.

Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
      PSN:Jae304

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      02-23-2011 12:34 PM #37
      BC2 was such a disaster of a game.

I'm hoping they bring back the glory days from BF2 with this one. Give us similar maps with more destruction. Not the tunnel like maps from BC2 with a million bushes. I want urban warfare. Buildings to hide in and clear, vehicles, plenty of space, etc etc.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Vehicles
      2001 Passat Wagon
      02-23-2011 02:02 PM #38
      As long as I can keep barrel rolling Blackhawks and other helos like I did in BF2, I will buy BF3.

They also have some free to play Battlefield Online beta running. I agreed not to talk too much about it after getting in on the beta... but I am not impressed.
      GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
      I like grocery getters.

4. 02-23-2011 07:07 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post

I'm hoping they bring back the glory days from BF2 with this one. Give us similar maps with more destruction. Not the tunnel like maps from BC2 with a million bushes. I want urban warfare. Buildings to hide in and clear, vehicles, plenty of space, etc etc.
      Disaster is way to harsh. I'd take BC2 over most current shooters, like COD Modern Rat Race Warfare.

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      02-23-2011 10:57 PM #40
      I suppose the disaster was more related to the ridiculous lag problems that took them months to sort out.

The core game wasn't bad, but was not to my liking. Like I said, every map was simply a funnel to create head on battles. That is all well and fine, but certainly not what makes a Battlefield game.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      02-24-2011 10:23 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post

I agree. Me and the roommates played nothing but BC when I bought the PS3 and it was rare that anything other than a blu-ray was ever in the console, but BC2 lasted us all of 2 months, if that. The maps are either one long map, or smaller with less capture points. It's like they were trying to force everyone to fight over capture points in certain orders. The best part about the other battlefields is the fact that you could sit at any capture point at any one time.

7. 02-24-2011 10:48 AM #42
      Still playing CoD MW on pc (the first).. will this lead me away?

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      02-24-2011 10:51 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      Still playing CoD MW on pc (the first).. will this lead me away?
      Not if you like arcade shooters.

BF is about realism. I remember how easy it was to win most any map in MW by having the marathon perk and the best knife. Just run around and stab people.

9. 02-24-2011 11:00 AM #44
      how are these series? that trailer looked cool, but not enough to get anything out of it.

How is the campaighn?
      How is the online playing?

I was imersed in CODMW2. I played the campaign twice because i like it so much, and was addicted to the online play. I was bored with CODBO pretty quickly, and I am grinding just to finish out the campaign. i think the campaign and the maps are both pretty lame.

Would a used copy of B2 give a good idea, or would BBC be better?

10. 02-24-2011 11:04 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      Not if you like arcade shooters.

BF is about realism. I remember how easy it was to win most any map in MW by having the marathon perk and the best knife. Just run around and stab people.
      I play hardcore search and destroy. Running around with the marathon perk and a knife is guaranteed death.

11. 02-24-2011 11:53 AM #46
      i LOVED bf2 on pc waay back in 2004. i played that religously in iraq. and i very well remember karkland! i never got into COd. but i DID purchase badcompany2 since i dont like halo 2/3 or the online versions. and WOW! badcompany's realism is awesome! the fact that every building/tree/trash can is destructible is what pulled me in! of course i have the 360version so it prob sucks compared to pc, but if bf3 is anything like BC2 i will def buy it. and prob for pc too jsut cuz i prefer mouse/keyboard over a control.
      formerly TVarmy04 & DUBMANG
      SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      you're gonna run them regardless, so post pics when they're on. if they look stupid, we'll let you know.

12. 02-25-2011 12:47 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      The maps are either one long map, or smaller with less capture points. It's like they were trying to force everyone to fight over capture points in certain orders.
      Rush has one side trying to destroy com stations (2 at a time)before the next objective/frontline appears while the other tries to defend. This mode is as you describe it.

Conquest has each side fighting to hold 3 to 4 specific spots on the map. This mode allows you to capture points in whatever order you want.

The only gripes I have with BC2 is there is no auto balancing in between rounds/matches.
      More than a few times I've been in a game where players on my side have left (because you can only leave a lobby from inside a match that has started:gripe #2) and the game will not shift people around to even the sides. It's no fun being massacred when there only 2 people left on your side while the other side has 8 or more.

13. 02-25-2011 03:41 PM #48
      agreed!! a few times ive gone on 3-4game killing sprees with my team. on the original bf2, even in game it would autobalance once you died. ive never played the raid version of the game just the original conquest.
      SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

you're gonna run them regardless, so post pics when they're on. if they look stupid, we'll let you know.

Vehicles
      2014 X5 3.5D M Sport
      02-25-2011 04:07 PM #49
      I still play BC2 daily. I would take it any day over Black OP's... I am in like flynn for Battlefield3
      PSN - Xtremery -

Originally Posted by killaforniaxkrystina
      its not thread jacking, its a party! :]

Vehicles
      nothing.
      02-25-2011 09:48 PM #50
      I would consider renewing my FPS skills for BF3 if it's good. I spent a long time playing BF2 back in the day. Never did get to 2nd LT tho.

http://bf2s.com/player/11043579/

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      02-25-2011 11:37 PM #51
      If they only include 4 classes I won't be buying this game. So far that's what they've announced, too, so I'm not holding my breath they change anything.

That, IMO, makes it Bad Company 3, not Battlefield 3.

6 classes would be perfect, even 5 would be much better. Really need to separate medic and support classes, combining the two and giving the assault class the ammo drop is just retarded.
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
      Apparently, these “frat-boys” think Craig’s List is more entertaining than Survivor.

Vehicles
      15' WRX, 13' Tiguan SE
      02-26-2011 12:55 AM #52
      Watch, they will add 2 more classes BUT you have to preorder.
      PSN: NovembersChopin

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      02-26-2011 04:43 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by modiGTI View Post
      Watch, they will add 2 more classes BUT you have to preorder.
      I would seriously have no problem with this.
      Apparently, these “frat-boys” think Craig’s List is more entertaining than Survivor.

19. 02-26-2011 11:07 PM #54
      i think the furthest i ever made it was SFC on BF2. id be down for a preorder on 6 classes but what would the others be? also SF shouldnt have ammo drops but maybe a 'buff' for others around him. i know that sounds way to rpg'ish but think about it really. what happens when you see an SF in real life? u go all omghi2u right. i know i still do.
      i say:
      sf (some kind of buff to hp or endurance) if not then access to ALL class items
      medic-medic bags and revive
      engineer (repair and demolitions) sapper bitches!
      support (ammo drops)
      field arty's? id say rifles and a good amount of call ins for arty. but could mean bad spamming.

then id say either a chemical or aviation since i heard bf3 is going to have lots of vehicles. aviation would always spawn on a vehicle and if they dismount they only get pistols. chemical would get semi autos and smoke cover flash bangs etc.

now the question is would yall get the console or pc version
      SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      02-27-2011 12:42 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by DUB_MANGv2 View Post
      id be down for a preorder on 6 classes but what would the others be?
      Assault (Main offensive class)
      Medic (self-explanatory; carries a rifle similar to assault)
      Sniper (durr)
      Engineer (Repairs only)
      Support (MG that is actually powerful - think the M60 in BC2's early days and the ammo crate)
      Anti-Tank (Can't repair vehicles, naturally)

SF in BF2 was nice but if they're sticking with 4 classes asking for 7 or must be just too much.

Vehicles
      2001 Passat Wagon
      02-27-2011 12:50 AM #56
      Spec-Ops was awesome, though. I got pretty good at suicide bombing enemy armor with C4
      GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
      I like grocery getters.

22. 02-27-2011 09:38 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Roketdriver View Post
      Spec-Ops was awesome, though. I got pretty good at suicide bombing enemy armor with C4
      god i hated those e-terrorist with c4.
      and yea i forgot about sniper!
      i also agree about the support and heavy machine guns that work! either increase the ammo punch or mess with the rate of fire.

engineers need demo!!
      SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

02-28-2011 05:07 PM #58
      It is hard to complain about only four classes now since no one has any idea what kind of equipment or guns will be available to each yet. They have already stated that there will be twice as many unlocks as BC2.

BC2 also had a good amount of customization as well so double the choices will make for even more of a choice. For example, you could choose to be a long range recon w/ mortars and a 12x scope, or you could choose to be a run and gun recon with a VSS, a 4x scope, and c4. Same with assaults, you could have the vanilla assault rifle w/ red dot or 4x and noob tube, or (my favorite) you could run around with a USAS auto shotty and C4. Just because there are only four classes doesn't mean there are only four ways to play.

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      02-28-2011 11:58 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Black n Grey View Post
      Just because there are only four classes doesn't mean there are only four ways to play.
      That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the 4 classes made for some bizarre gameplay balancing decisions. Too much focus on these unlocks is probably what's leading them to stick with the Bad Company model for balancing, so why not just call it Bad Company 3?

Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      03-02-2011 08:54 AM #60
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

26. 03-02-2011 09:00 AM #61
      looks sick. i said that about COD BO though, and i think its lame.

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      03-02-2011 10:04 AM #62
      meh...2014 and they are on Iraq/Iran border because of chem weapons site? really? could've come up with something more original...most chem weapons have been destroyed by Saddam and us during the occupation..

the scenario of going through a building then getting ambushed in the parking lot....yawn...are you kidding me? and then fighters charging at the us soldiers? insurgents don't do that...oh and yeah there goes that RPG from some balcony...double yawn...

graphics look good but this is cheesy as hell and has been done by COD MW and other fps that take place in the me and I i just see them doing the same not even putting any thought into it to make the experience somewhat unique...

common Dice you can do better then this..

very disappointed so far from that short video...hopefully rest of the game has something original about it

Vehicles
      15' WRX, 13' Tiguan SE
      03-02-2011 10:58 AM #63
      Awesome video, game is looking good. I could care less about the story but damn, the game itself looks great (lighting, textures, etc.).
      PSN: NovembersChopin

Vehicles
      13 Rabbits, 92 GTI 16v, Passat 1.8t
      03-02-2011 10:58 AM #64
      I can't believe you're bashing a BF game for the story.

Like seriously. Think about that.

Besides, we'll all rip through that in 3 hours and then play multiplayer. Everything looks great in that video.

Vehicles
      2013 Audi allroad / 1996 VR6 Cabrio on air
      03-02-2011 11:09 AM #65
      that video just pooped on BlOps so hard

just the fact that when they are running, the sounds of the footsteps are sync'd to the motions. Black ops running sounds sound like retarded skipping.

this game will be VERY good.
      2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro - Fourtitude.com Project car
      1996 Cabrio build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6-build-thread
      I Sell Audi's in AZ

31. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      03-02-2011 11:34 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      Rush has one side trying to destroy com stations (2 at a time)before the next objective/frontline appears while the other tries to defend. This mode is as you describe it.

Conquest has each side fighting to hold 3 to 4 specific spots on the map. This mode allows you to capture points in whatever order you want.

The only gripes I have with BC2 is there is no auto balancing in between rounds/matches.
      More than a few times I've been in a game where players on my side have left (because you can only leave a lobby from inside a match that has started:gripe #2) and the game will not shift people around to even the sides. It's no fun being massacred when there only 2 people left on your side while the other side has 8 or more.
      BC2 maps seemed that all of them were geared towards a rush mode style of play. Even on conquest, most of them seemed long and narrow where without giving you much freedom. BC1 was more wide open.

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      03-02-2011 11:46 AM #67
      What I'm saying is that there's nothing exciting or original in that video, yes it's more pretty and realistic but we've seen it all before

Vehicles
      1983 mk1 gti, 1996 Jetta 2.0 sold , 2008 350z
      03-02-2011 03:23 PM #68
      If anyone uses xfire add me:df2pwnedplyr ... i used to play bf2 RELIGIOUSLY.. tourneys,matches, and clan forums 24/7 lmao, i was a gaming nerd I cant wait until bf3 comes out , it will definantly be a great game without a doubt

http://bf2s.com/player/88237883/

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      03-05-2011 02:35 PM #69
      Except it won't be anything like BF2. Now the developers are saying there definitely won't be any modding tools released, and they're still "not sure how" they could allow user-made content in the game.

I'll be saving my money on this one, I'm really tired of the $60 kiddie shooters that we're only meant to play for 6 months.

35. 03-05-2011 04:25 PM #70
      I didn't once touch user content in bf2, bf2 was far from a kiddie shooter. as long as they have a COMMANDER/SQUAD system it'll be no different then bf2.

user content pssh,

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast