Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
    Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3331

    Thread: Battlefield 3

    1. Member 20VT*J4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 28th, 2001
      Location
      LA CA
      Posts
      5,589
      Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      04-16-2012 01:36 PM #2376
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSLC View Post
      And as far as lock on happening quickly, yeah, it does, but you've still got time to pop flares while the rocket is in flight, which is what you ought to be doing anyhow. Otherwise you pop flares and THEN they launch the rocket after the re-acquire lock, and then you're screwed.
      That's the thing though, and the biggest change with the patch imo -- the lock doesn't have to be reacquired now so if you pop off your flares before they shoot their rockets, you're fkd. The flares only distract the rockets now, they do not break the lock. Personally, I love the change as I've been able to take advantage of that quite a bit. Some guys are clearly not familiar with the incoming rocket sound as they'll use their flares if you hold the lock long enough. For the ones that do hold out, I'll fire off one rocket and then hit them with the second one as soon as the flares go.
      PSN:Jae304

    2. 04-17-2012 04:29 PM #2377
      I played with some italian guys the other day [ITA] tag, and holy ****, they were a good group of guys. Totally team oriented, and I fitted well with them, we had the recon spawned, the repair guy, I was the medic reviving everyone, and a guy dedicated to shooting down planes, and destroying tanks.

      Feels good to play with a decent group of fellas, ended up playing way longer than I wanted.

    3. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      23,703
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-17-2012 05:04 PM #2378
      Quote Originally Posted by AIRider View Post
      I played with some italian guys the other day [ITA] tag, and holy ****, they were a good group of guys. Totally team oriented, and I fitted well with them, we had the recon spawned, the repair guy, I was the medic reviving everyone, and a guy dedicated to shooting down planes, and destroying tanks.

      Feels good to play with a decent group of fellas, ended up playing way longer than I wanted.
      Team Play
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    4. Member Pimpalicious316's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      3,124
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      04-23-2012 07:37 AM #2379
      anyone play this on xbox very much? bored of CoD:MW3 so I jumped back into BF3 over the weekend. I'm only a level 21 with 217 SPM, but I enjoy the team play
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

    5. Member BeauDennis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2007
      Location
      Baton Rouge, LA
      Posts
      4,711
      Vehicles
      06 GTI
      04-23-2012 07:40 PM #2380
      need to keep playing this.
      Instagram: @BeauDennis

    6. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2001
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      19,192
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      04-23-2012 08:48 PM #2381
      64 player conquest on Grand Bazarr is great for leveling up. I am trying hard to get to lvl 44, simply because I want to snipe people with the scoped .44 that you get.

      I had a crazy match the other night:
      http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/1/363314136/

      Dunno if you can see it or not, but I ended up with a score of over 25,000 for a single match. Most of that came from resupplys. It was nuts.

      -Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

      VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

    7. Member MileZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2007
      Location
      Sacramento, CA
      Posts
      368
      Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 TQA
      04-23-2012 10:36 PM #2382
      Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious316 View Post
      anyone play this on xbox very much? bored of CoD:MW3 so I jumped back into BF3 over the weekend. I'm only a level 21 with 217 SPM, but I enjoy the team play
      I do Jester! I've been waiting for you CoD kids to come over.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2005
      Location
      Ann Arbor, MI
      Posts
      768
      Vehicles
      13 GLI, 06 RRS
      04-23-2012 10:46 PM #2383
      chapel and i had some really good rounds tonight.

    9. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      53,042
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      04-24-2012 12:14 AM #2384
      Quote Originally Posted by gtboost View Post
      chapel and i had some really good rounds tonight.
      we did?

    10. 05-07-2012 09:28 PM #2385
      anybody have any issues with using the mortor and then getting killed WHILE using it? it locks up the game on me (i think). i won't respawn, and when i try and commit suicide nothing happens. it just sits there with the mortor screen up

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2005
      Location
      Ann Arbor, MI
      Posts
      768
      Vehicles
      13 GLI, 06 RRS
      05-07-2012 09:39 PM #2386
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      we did?
      haha... my id is charrigan if you see me again.

      I typically join any tcl player that is on my friends list when im online.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2005
      Location
      Shepherdsturd, WV
      Posts
      9,629
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      05-08-2012 08:49 AM #2387
      I left this at my friend's place in Morgantown last time I was there. That was actually the first time I got to sit down and play for a bit. I have to say, they keep making it harder to be a sniper. Access to higher up spots that would be perfect for sniping is getting slimmer and slimmer. I've seen some places that would make perfect perches with no access other than hijacking a copter with the intent to dump it mid air and try and parachute to a vantage point. That really sucks as I love sniping and in BF:BC and BF:BC2 could pull off some crazy far shots.

    13. 05-08-2012 11:28 AM #2388
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      I left this at my friend's place in Morgantown last time I was there. That was actually the first time I got to sit down and play for a bit. I have to say, they keep making it harder to be a sniper. Access to higher up spots that would be perfect for sniping is getting slimmer and slimmer. I've seen some places that would make perfect perches with no access other than hijacking a copter with the intent to dump it mid air and try and parachute to a vantage point. That really sucks as I love sniping and in BF:BC and BF:BC2 could pull off some crazy far shots.
      I was awesome at sniping in BC2 and I thought the same thing, but I've spent some time with recon now and I have gotten really good at sniping and more importantly controlling my parachute. I was definitely dissapointed when they stopped MAV riding. It really brought a new element top the game.

      Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

    14. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      53,042
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      05-08-2012 02:07 PM #2389
      Quote Originally Posted by gtboost View Post
      haha... my id is charrigan if you see me again.

      I typically join any tcl player that is on my friends list when im online.
      oh, ha. Ok. Didn't make the connection

    15. 05-09-2012 10:57 PM #2390
      Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
      anybody have any issues with using the mortor and then getting killed WHILE using it? it locks up the game on me (i think). i won't respawn, and when i try and commit suicide nothing happens. it just sits there with the mortor screen up
      nobody has an issue using the mortor and then getting killed?

    16. Member 20VT*J4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 28th, 2001
      Location
      LA CA
      Posts
      5,589
      Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      05-09-2012 11:07 PM #2391
      Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
      nobody has an issue using the mortor and then getting killed?
      never experienced the issue but I don't use the mortar. You should try symthic.com, lots of info over there
      PSN:Jae304

    17. Member proshot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2004
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      5,565
      Vehicles
      MK4 R and MK6 TDI
      05-11-2012 04:05 PM #2392
      Operation Metro with extended tickets is so fun.

      http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...0/4/191998885/
      PSN: CoachBombay_

    18. Member horribleR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      3,640
      Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      05-12-2012 01:56 AM #2393
      Okay.. I think I played against some glitchers or something.. they had 0% health and killed me.. I was pissed that I did a point blank shot with the .44 mag in their chest and they killed me with 0%... now I'm going out on a limb here and calling shenanigans.. 0% health is dead, right? 1% is still alive and 0% means your health is gone, no more, obliterated, nonexistent, perished, etc. or is there some bull**** fraction/decimal health crap I'm not aware of.


      Also note to self, do not use 12x scope while under 20m from enemies.

    19. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2001
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      19,192
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      05-12-2012 08:33 AM #2394
      No, believe it or not, you can be alive at 0%. You don't die until you go below 0. It's happened to me a couple of times. Lucky scrapes, I guess.

      -Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

      VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

    20. Member Pimpalicious316's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      3,124
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      05-12-2012 09:46 AM #2395
      definitely possible to be alive at 0%. the game actually uses 2 decimal places that we generally don't see. so they could have 0.56% and be alive. heck, I've had 0% before and been alive. it's rare but it does happen.
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

    21. Member horribleR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      3,640
      Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      05-12-2012 12:31 PM #2396
      figures.

    22. 05-12-2012 03:34 PM #2397
      Double XP this weekend!

      Had plans to do lots of yard work, but I think ill be lazy and use my time to rank up.

      Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

    23. Member 20VT*J4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 28th, 2001
      Location
      LA CA
      Posts
      5,589
      Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      05-12-2012 04:16 PM #2398
      Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious316 View Post
      definitely possible to be alive at 0%. the game actually uses 2 decimal places that we generally don't see. so they could have 0.56% and be alive. heck, I've had 0% before and been alive. it's rare but it does happen.
      Yeah definitely the case but his health must have been .49 or lower because .5 and above gets rounded up and displayed as 1%
      PSN:Jae304

    24. Member 20VT*J4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 28th, 2001
      Location
      LA CA
      Posts
      5,589
      Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      05-12-2012 04:17 PM #2399
      Quote Originally Posted by proshot View Post
      Operation Metro with extended tickets is so fun.

      http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...0/4/191998885/
      Nice
      PSN:Jae304

    25. Member Pimpalicious316's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      3,124
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      05-12-2012 05:31 PM #2400
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

    Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •