VWVortex

Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      06-17-2011 02:15 PM #251
      You guys and your silly 1080p.

I'm going to be playing this on PS3 on a 50" plasma, then when the round's over and I pass this off to the roommates, I'm going to be playing this on my PC with a 30" monitor with a 2560x1600 resolution.

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      06-18-2011 12:51 AM #252
      here is the console video from Jimmy Fallon. looks pretty good. same action we have already seen, but we get to actually see someone play it. destruction looks pretty good when Jimmy shoots the RPG guy through the wall.

|ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      06-18-2011 12:33 PM #253
      Glowing grenades are still in
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

4. 06-18-2011 06:48 PM #254
      I play on our 50 inch plasma and it's not really easy or better. I'd take a mid size high res screen all day.
      Attention! I shoot basketball from the front row. I spend hundreds of dollars for expensive tickets. I smuggle in long, expensive cameras and lenses, and security doesn't even bat an eye. That's right. I'm special. All because I want to sell you a 50mm 1.8 lens so you can be just as cool. Have a good day.

Vehicles
      Nissan Pathfinder 4.0l. KTM 250 XC
      06-19-2011 08:14 PM #255
      Played a couple hours of BC2 for old time sake today. I just hope nothing changes on HXC mode.
      Corrado: because I always wanted to get heckled by elitist pricks over the internet.

6. 06-24-2011 10:10 AM #256
      Quote Originally Posted by dashrendar View Post
      here is the console video from Jimmy Fallon. looks pretty good. same action we have already seen, but we get to actually see someone play it. destruction looks pretty good when Jimmy shoots the RPG guy through the wall.
      I agree... looks pretty damn nice for the console! Can't wait

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      07-15-2011 02:39 PM #257
      here are some leaked pics of the battle log stats stuff

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-the-wild.aspx
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      07-16-2011 01:06 PM #258
      Quote Originally Posted by dashrendar View Post
      here are some leaked pics of the battle log stats stuff

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-the-wild.aspx
      Pretty cool

07-21-2011 09:38 AM #259
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      07-21-2011 10:24 AM #260
      jesus **** me with a strap on that looks amazing. between the suppression/bipod of the support class and the nice flashlight-blinding, I'm really liking this game more and more. Can't wait for release day! I'm 100% getting BF3 over MW3
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

11. 07-21-2011 10:29 AM #261
      Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious316 View Post
      jesus **** me with a strap on that looks amazing. between the suppression/bipod of the support class and the nice flashlight-blinding, I'm really liking this game more and more. Can't wait for release day! I'm 100% getting BF3 over MW3
      Why not get both, and have the best of both worlds.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      07-21-2011 10:30 AM #262
      Video is blocked from my work computer good thing Vortex is so underground it doesn't show up on their radar

13. 07-21-2011 11:13 AM #263
      i'm liking what i'm seeing. i don't get the voices in the background, doesn't sound like ur typical PS3 mic'd up player

Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      07-21-2011 11:26 AM #264
      Quote Originally Posted by Laser04 View Post
      Video is blocked from my work computer good thing Vortex is so underground it doesn't show up on their radar
      x2 will have to wait til I get home to see this

edit: IT here hasn't caught on to EA's BF3 site You might want to give it a shot if the youtube links are blocked for you.

Paris Multiplayer Gameplay
      Last edited by 20VT*J4; 07-21-2011 at 11:38 AM.
      PSN:Jae304

Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      07-21-2011 11:31 AM #265
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      07-21-2011 11:45 AM #266
      Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
      i'm liking what i'm seeing. i don't get the voices in the background, doesn't sound like ur typical PS3 mic'd up player
      Those aren't the voices of the human players, those are the characters screaming things out. Makes the game more realistic/immersive and gives you information as to what is going on around you if you pay attention to them. That's not a new to BF feature either.

17. 07-21-2011 12:47 PM #267
      Quote Originally Posted by 20VT*J4 View Post
      Those aren't the voices of the human players, those are the characters screaming things out. Makes the game more realistic/immersive and gives you information as to what is going on around you if you pay attention to them. That's not a new to BF feature either.
      interesting that they have that in multiplayer. do want.

Vehicles
      82 Rabbit 1.8L, 84 Rabbit GTI 20vBT Swap, 86 Audi 4000Q, 96 Audi A4Q V6, 02 Audi A4 1.8T
      07-21-2011 12:48 PM #268
      Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious316 View Post
      jesus **** me with a strap on that looks amazing.
      I know where my entertainment is going to be when I move to the other life. Careful what you wish for.
      XBOX LIVE: xMuddayACE

Official Dope Shizz Thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...g-Dope-Shizz!!

Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      07-21-2011 12:57 PM #269
      Battlefield 3 preview: Consoling myself on the PS3

Guys, I love Battlefield. And like a lot of you, I was concerned about Battlefield 3 on the home consoles. I play Bad Company 2 on Xbox 360 regularly and since EA came packing a PC build at E3, after months of flaunting the high-powered PC version, my concern over the console release grew.

So when I learned that EA would be showing off the E3 multiplayer demo on the PS3 at its Summer Showcase event earlier this month, I went in with no small amount of trepidation and curiosity. Rest assured, not only does it run smoothly on the console, it also looks amazing. Console players have nothing to worry about come October 25.

The game was running in a LAN setting: eight PS3s hooked together, four to a team. I was able to check out the Rush game mode -- where one team attempts to destroy designated objectives, while the other defends -- on the Operation Metro map, the same level that my colleague Alexander previewed for PC back at E3. At the conclusion of the one match I was permitted to play, I got a sense that the game's multiplayer goal is a refinement of the Bad Company formula; an intimate multiplayer experience in a large-scale war setting.

This refinement of Bad Company is executed flawlessly in the Operation Metro map, which opens in a large courtyard and immediately calls upon familiar Bad Company tactics. The defenders are dug-in well and assaulting the objectives demands a mixture of classes and teamwork before the attacking team can even dream of progressing. I jumped in and immediately felt at home.

I was playing Battlefield, but I also felt like I was playing Team Deathmatch in Call of Duty.
      Then something weird happened: we captured the first two objectives. Nothing out of the ordinary, I know, but it was then that the map funneled players underground into an enclosed subway system. Down there, the game called for far more twitchy reflexes than the "go anywhere, do whatever" style of emergent sandbox gameplay so prevalent in the Bad Company games. While sneaking through storage rooms and methodically checking every nook and cranny for potential murderers, the mindset was very different down below: if I'm seen, I will be instantly killed.

It added an unfamiliar, yet welcome sense of tension to the conflict. I was playing Battlefield, but I also felt like I was playing Team Deathmatch in Call of Duty. I could still spawn on my squad, I could change classes at will, but this kind of "quick, turn and shoot!" style of gameplay, demanding hawk-like eyes and a quick trigger finger, just came out of nowhere. Where did my Battlefield go?

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't appreciate the transition. In fact, it was the opposite: I thought it was a bold, sudden transition, one that took me aback by changing the experience and taking me out of my comfort zone. I love my big, open maps and messing around with all of the vehicles, but such a well-placed choke point called for a sudden change of tactics and, in the end, presented a more overall unique experience, showing that fans shouldn't look forward to the same, albeit fun, experience over and over again. It also shows me that EA's got a few surprises up its sleeve, which I can't wait to experience for myself come October 25.

Joystiq

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      07-21-2011 01:25 PM #270
      those trailers are Enjoy MW3

Looks like you can go prone in this one

Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      07-21-2011 07:09 PM #271
      Some more info on the Battlelog system:

Welcome to the third installment of the Battleblog, a blog series taking you all the way to the launch of Battlefield 3 on October 25th! In this blog series, you’ll learn more about every aspect of our biggest shooter ever. This time out is a look at Battlelog with Producer Fredrik Loving.

Never go into battle alone again thanks to the powerful new community features of Battlelog, Battlefield 3’s unique no-cost social network. “We want to make Battlefield 3 a more social gaming experience and it all starts with Battlelog,” says Fredrik Loving, Battlelog Producer at DICE. “We are changing how you communicate, play, compete and share content with their friends, extending the in-game experience to be accessible from your home computer, on your handheld devices while commuting, or wherever you may be." And that’s what DICE set out to do.

With Battlelog, players will be able to build a network of friends, communicate with other gamers, and compare their Battlefield stats with friends and foes alike. It brings all of the social aspects of Battlefield into a single location, allowing you to coordinate any action at the push of a button and get into the game as easily as possible. What’s the cost for Battlelog? Nothing. It’s absolutely free.

Included in Battlelog is the Battlefeed, your entry point to this new program. The Battlefeed is your main window into Battlelog, showing current events around your network in real-time, giving you a live snapshot of what those in your network are doing in the world of Battlefield. “The feed will encourage people to play even more,” explains Loving. “They will see their friends ranking up, receiving awards they don’t have yet, or getting the new cool guns they have been missing. It will increase the competitive edge. Everything you do on the battlefield is shared amongst your friends.”

You’ll be able to see when a friend unlocks a particularly difficult achievement and offer them kudos. Another pal just joined a multiplayer Rush match in Operation Métro and is looking for some help – now you know, so you can quickly jump in and give them a hand. If someone just nabbed your dog tag in multiplayer, they can shoot you a quick note to say thanks (or, more likely, use those newly anointed bragging rights). It’s all here in the real-time feed for you to share, comment and like.

With a game as highly-competitive as Battlefield, it only makes sense to have a nicely detailed stat-tracking system. With that in mind, we’ve incorporated a fully-featured soldier progression section, bringing full stats tracking for every shot fired and every action performed in your Battlefield career. “Battlefield players love their statistics,” says Loving. “Now we will give them everything that they want while adding a social layer on top of that.”

Do you want to know what your next unlock is and what you need to do to unlock it? Are you curious about how your skills compare to your friends? Do you simply want to track your multiplayer progress? It’s all here, all the time. Every match you’ve played is accounted for, with all of your stats represented in full detail, and so much more! Be sure to stay tuned – we’ll be unveiling the full suite of features found in Battlelog at a later date.
      Click here for source and some screen shots

22. 07-21-2011 07:22 PM #272
      The knife animation looks cool but I can definitely see myself somehow missing the knife and getting raped while I wait to try and knife again.

23. 07-22-2011 01:30 PM #273
      can't wait for the crying to begin over that subway part

i hope this game delivers - really couldn't get into bc2 - maybe i will try again this weekend
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Vehicles
      G8 & Jetta
      07-22-2011 03:18 PM #274
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      can't wait for the crying to begin over that subway part

i hope this game delivers - really couldn't get into bc2 - maybe i will try again this weekend
      I'm sure you're right!

You and your promises! Might as well hold off until BF3 now.

25. 07-22-2011 03:35 PM #275
      I'm sure you're right!

You and your promises! Might as well hold off until BF3 now.

you are on way too late for normal people
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast