Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Results 386 to 420 of 3331

    Thread: Battlefield 3

    1. 08-26-2011 11:14 AM #386
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      nothing like circling the cooling towers in Dalian Plant and gunning down snipers on the scaffolding

      Dragon Valley was my **** though

      http://bf2s.com/player/82974412/
      Awww...your scores are "cute".


      http://bf2s.com/player/49177040/rankings/

      ...but yeah, some chopper teams are stupid. RogueTDI and I could hold our own, with him flying. The cool thing though was that a Barrett could take out a guy in the chopper, so infantry wasn't "completely" helpless. I swear that there was one time a sniper took us both out with one round...that or the chopper blew up at full health.

    2. 08-26-2011 04:48 PM #387
      From Gametrailers...

      Battlefield 3 Weapon Mods Detailed
      Aug 26, 2011 @ 1:16pm

      In case you weren’t excited enough for the release of Battlefield 3 this October, the folks that run their Battleblog have given us some more details regarding the weapon customization feature. According to the blog there are “well over 50 weapons in Battlefield 3. But each weapon in itself can be tailored to wildly differing play styles and combat roles.”

      The blog goes on to reveal that each weapon will feature three accessory slots to which ulocked accessories can be attached. Accessories are unlocked on a per weapon basis, meaning the more time you spend with a weapon the more you will unlock. Accessories will include such things as “optics, suppressors, bipods, barrels, underslung grenade launchers, underslung shotguns, foregrips, flashlights, laser sights, and more.” Using different combinations of accessories can see the same weapon become effective for CQB or medium to long-range fighting. This is not only good news from a gameplay variety standpoint, but it should also help you when trying to reach weapon specific achievements, like 100 kills, with that one weapon you hate.
      This sounds really awesome.

    3. Member theBOYER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2008
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      881
      Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      08-26-2011 06:43 PM #388
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      From Gametrailers...



      This sounds really awesome.
      But Laz, I want a grenade launcher attachment for the VSS rifle, make this so!
      ...remember, short controlled bursts

      Steam VTMTK_Vendetta
      Origin: VTMTK_Vendetta
      Youtube: InsertCoinToBegin

    4. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,476
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      08-26-2011 10:02 PM #389
      Quote Originally Posted by colnago View Post
      Awww...your scores are "cute".


      http://bf2s.com/player/49177040/rankings/
      *Salute*
      though while you were out pwning n00bs, I was getting ****faced somewhere.

      Chapel - 1
      Colnago - 0
      Chapel's Liver - -99

      also, my first account got removed or lost or something... my original name was Chapel976.

    5. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,476
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      08-26-2011 10:09 PM #390
      so, do I get this for Xbox360 or PC?

    6. 08-27-2011 12:31 AM #391
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      *Salute*
      though while you were out pwning n00bs, I was getting ****faced somewhere.

      Chapel - 1
      Colnago - 0
      Chapel's Liver - -99

      also, my first account got removed or lost or something... my original name was Chapel976.
      Roger that...but don't think I haven't asked myself, "why am I out at 3am on a Tuesday when I have to be at work at 8am?", more than my fair share.

    7. Member theBOYER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2008
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      881
      Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      08-27-2011 11:28 AM #392
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      so, do I get this for Xbox360 or PC?
      PC: better control, better competition, less 14 year old's calling everyone a N word or Mexican every 5 minutes. I believe the PC version is 15gb's, so compared to a Xbox disc which I think is only like 9gbs, so how much of the game data has been cropped or downsized.
      ...remember, short controlled bursts

      Steam VTMTK_Vendetta
      Origin: VTMTK_Vendetta
      Youtube: InsertCoinToBegin

    8. Member turtledub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2006
      Posts
      4,178
      Vehicles
      1990 20v Corrado(soon), 2001 Outback 250k strong!
      08-29-2011 07:45 AM #393
      I put this game on our baby registry. Lets see what happens.
      Women are gentle and soft, but they hit things...

      20v AEB Corrado Build thread.
      Parting a B4 ABA Passat?

    9. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,476
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      08-29-2011 08:06 AM #394
      Quote Originally Posted by m.boyer20ae View Post
      PC: better control, better competition, less 14 year old's calling everyone a N word or Mexican every 5 minutes. I believe the PC version is 15gb's, so compared to a Xbox disc which I think is only like 9gbs, so how much of the game data has been cropped or downsized.
      question:
      do you think my GeForce GTX285 2GB will handle it with any issues?
      I've got Windows 7 64bit with 8GB of RAM and an SSD drive
      I think I've got a Core 2 Extreme something or other (I don't use my desktop that much...)

    10. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      22,281
      Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      08-29-2011 08:58 AM #395
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      question:
      do you think my GeForce GTX285 2GB will handle it with any issues?
      I've got Windows 7 64bit with 8GB of RAM and an SSD drive
      I think I've got a Core 2 Extreme something or other (I don't use my desktop that much...)
      you won't be playing at 1920x1200 at 100fps but you can scale the game's settings to fit your system.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    11. 08-29-2011 10:02 AM #396
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      you won't be playing at 1920x1200 at 100fps but you can scale the game's settings to fit your system.
      It's been my experience that once the frame rates start dipping into the 50s, the visuals start to get choppy. It only takes a squad of enemies to start nade-spamming, for you to have to start "predicting" where the player is going to be, because things get "jerky looking". If at all possible, I'd gear my PC to be able to sustain a minimum of 100fps, even if the graphics levels have to be reduced.

    12. Member a3lad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2005
      Location
      DC
      Posts
      2,233
      08-29-2011 10:17 AM #397
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      question:
      do you think my GeForce GTX285 2GB will handle it with any issues?
      I've got Windows 7 64bit with 8GB of RAM and an SSD drive
      I think I've got a Core 2 Extreme something or other (I don't use my desktop that much...)
      should run fine with decent frame rates, only "issue" will be missing some of the eye candy (tessellation, ambient occlusion) for not having DX11


    13. 08-29-2011 10:42 AM #398
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      so, do I get this for Xbox360 or PC?
      this is my problem

      i want it for PC but i know far too many people who will be playing on PS3 that i will probably just pick it up for both

      not sure yet
      Boiler Up!

      Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

    14. 08-29-2011 11:05 AM #399
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      so, do I get this for Xbox360 or PC?
      FPS on consoles =

    15. 08-29-2011 11:16 AM #400
      Quote Originally Posted by m.boyer20ae View Post
      But Laz, I want a grenade launcher attachment for the VSS rifle, make this so!

      This is as close as it gets...



      otherwise



      +



      +




    16. 08-29-2011 11:55 AM #401
      nice, i found my old account!
      http://bf2s.com/player/63941302/
      formerly TVarmy04 & DUBMANG
      SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      you're gonna run them regardless, so post pics when they're on. if they look stupid, we'll let you know.

    17. Member eddie291's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2007
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      3,576
      Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      08-29-2011 12:38 PM #402
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      this is my problem

      i want it for PC but i know far too many people who will be playing on PS3 that i will probably just pick it up for both

      not sure yet
      Then get it for the PS3. Nothing beats playing a multiplayer game with friends.

      BTW, if anyone is looking to upgrade their video card, look at this ATI 6870:

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102948

      $175 gets you a pretty strong DX11 card, along with free copies of Dirt 3 and the new Deus Ex game. There's even a $20 mail in rebate, so it's $155 when it's all said and done.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

    18. 08-29-2011 01:22 PM #403
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie291 View Post
      Then get it for the PS3. Nothing beats playing a multiplayer game with friends.

      BTW, if anyone is looking to upgrade their video card, look at this ATI 6870:

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102948

      $175 gets you a pretty strong DX11 card, along with free copies of Dirt 3 and the new Deus Ex game. There's even a $20 mail in rebate, so it's $155 when it's all said and done.
      yes but i have such a nice pc that it would be a shame to not to play this on it.

      And yes those ATI cards are nice - i have a 5850 now and it easily handles everything i have thrown at it
      Boiler Up!

      Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

    19. 08-29-2011 03:31 PM #404
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie291 View Post
      Then get it for the PS3. Nothing beats playing a multiplayer game with friends.

      BTW, if anyone is looking to upgrade their video card, look at this ATI 6870:

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102948

      $175 gets you a pretty strong DX11 card, along with free copies of Dirt 3 and the new Deus Ex game. There's even a $20 mail in rebate, so it's $155 when it's all said and done.
      I wish upgrading my video card was the only thing I needed to do.

    20. Member theBOYER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2008
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      881
      Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      08-29-2011 06:55 PM #405
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      This is as close as it gets...



      otherwise



      +



      +



      yes!, YES!, YEEESSSSS!
      ...remember, short controlled bursts

      Steam VTMTK_Vendetta
      Origin: VTMTK_Vendetta
      Youtube: InsertCoinToBegin

    21. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      22,281
      Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      08-29-2011 07:16 PM #406


      why is the magazine backwards?
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    22. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,476
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      08-29-2011 11:18 PM #407
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      FPS on consoles =
      my thoughts exactly
      I can't play with a controller at all... and those stupid Keyboard/Mouse > Console things are like $100 and they don't work 100% either.

      and despite having a few friends who will play it on consoles, I'd rather play with PC people.

    23. 08-30-2011 12:28 AM #408
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post


      why is the magazine backwards?
      It's a clever Israeli designed rifle supplied to terrorists...it shoots backwards.

    24. Member VWBoraDriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2002
      Location
      Fort Smith, AR
      Posts
      5,447
      08-31-2011 12:34 PM #409
      Some more Caspian border gameplay. Looks similar to the preview we've seen, just additional footage.

      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

    25. 08-31-2011 02:48 PM #410
      I cant freaking wait to fire up my XBOX and play this damn game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    26. Member Pimpalicious316's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2004
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      3,124
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      09-02-2011 10:19 AM #411
      my penis...it is hard:

      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

    27. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,476
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      09-02-2011 10:27 AM #412
      Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious316 View Post
      my penis...it is hard:

      ugh, not this ****...
      how about you give me the weapons and mods that EVERYONE has and don't reward people with disposable income... I hate that ****.

    28. 09-02-2011 11:01 AM #413
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      ugh, not this ****...
      how about you give me the weapons and mods that EVERYONE has and don't reward people with disposable income... I hate that ****.
      According to their site, PC Pre-orders will get this, and so will Gamestop console pre orders.

      Amazons exclusive is a set of 100 dog tags while Best Buy has 8 multiplayer skins.

      All limited editions will get the Back to Karkand Expansion Pack.

      You are really only affected if you get the console versions somewhere other than Gamestop.

    29. 09-02-2011 11:12 AM #414
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      According to their site, PC Pre-orders will get this, and so will Gamestop console pre orders.

      Amazons exclusive is a set of 100 dog tags while Best Buy has 8 multiplayer skins.

      All limited editions will get the Back to Karkand Expansion Pack.

      You are really only affected if you get the console versions somewhere other than Gamestop.
      Really? I need to order it from Gameplay in order to get this? That is wack, not cool. I get my games from this other place because I like to get my games at least a week early.........oh well whatev.

    30. 09-02-2011 12:19 PM #415
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Really? I need to order it from Gameplay in order to get this? That is wack, not cool. I get my games from this other place because I like to get my games at least a week early.........oh well whatev.
      That's your benefit for getting them from that other place and probably the reason why they don't get preorder promotions.

    31. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,476
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      09-02-2011 12:37 PM #416
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      According to their site, PC Pre-orders will get this, and so will Gamestop console pre orders.

      Amazons exclusive is a set of 100 dog tags while Best Buy has 8 multiplayer skins.

      All limited editions will get the Back to Karkand Expansion Pack.

      You are really only affected if you get the console versions somewhere other than Gamestop.
      I don't mind the little knick-knacks, but when you change the way the game plays because someone ordered it from a preferred vendor or pre-ordered it... or paid extra cash or whatever... I hate that.

    32. 09-03-2011 01:19 AM #417
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      I don't mind the little knick-knacks, but when you change the way the game plays because someone ordered it from a preferred vendor or pre-ordered it... or paid extra cash or whatever... I hate that.
      pay to play is everywhere

      i think it is funny though that EA gave a special to Gamestop when EA is trying to thwart Gamestop's used game sales

      what genius was behind that at EA

      EA is a capable company run by idiots. Activision is worse
      Boiler Up!

      Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

    33. 09-06-2011 08:39 PM #418
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      pay to play is everywhere

      i think it is funny though that EA gave a special to Gamestop when EA is trying to thwart Gamestop's used game sales

      what genius was behind that at EA

      EA is a capable company run by idiots. Activision is worse
      The special is for new purchases. They'll do the same thing they did w/ BFBC2 and Mass Effect 2, new purchases get the free download code ( VIP map packs/ Cerberus network etc...)

      Used purchases have to buy these items on live marketplace/PSN.

      Gamestop isn't the only one doing used sales these days either, BestBuy has joined in on this game.

    34. Senior Member Laser04's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2006
      Location
      One Nation, Under A Groove
      Posts
      20,340
      Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.5
      09-07-2011 07:36 PM #419
      Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious316 View Post
      my penis...it is hard:
      this**********


    35. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,476
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      09-07-2011 09:45 PM #420
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      pay to play is everywhere
      I don't ****ing care if it's in every game out there right now. I hate that bull****.

      I don't mind paying to make the game better by offering more maps and more cars (like in Forza) but those games have balance

    Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •