Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      09-27-2011 08:49 PM #491

if you are having issues joining a server (where it just says "joining") and the loading wheel isn't spinning do the following:

Close Origin.
      Close web browser

Update graphics card(s)

try again, should work now, if not it may be your firewall or your operating system restricting the application (run it as administrator).

don't forget to post bugs/issues in the forums so full launch can be smooth(ish) sailing for all.
      Last edited by theBOYER; 09-27-2011 at 09:51 PM.
      ...remember, short controlled bursts

Steam VTMTK_Vendetta
      Origin: VTMTK_Vendetta
      Youtube: InsertCoinToBegin

2. 09-27-2011 11:23 PM #492
      anyone on xbox having problems joining the server??
      nek/csd

Vehicles
      08 S2R1000 Ducati Monster
      09-28-2011 03:09 AM #493
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      What makes this game different (don't count the vehicles) than MW3? Would you say it's better, if so why? is it worse, if so why?
      For me it wasnt so much that battlefield was far superior, its the fact that the people who play it were not so focused on camping a corner and hoping to earn a nuke, but rather working as a team or squad towards a common objective.

I do enjoy how dynamic battlefield can be, between the different classes and their support roles, to the vehicles, the larger maps and destructible environments.

I would still play the COD games if it wasnt for all the glitching and camping for kill streaks.
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorwerks View Post
      Its not just AR15.com.... its the rest of the internet.

Vehicles
      07' 328xi
      09-28-2011 10:01 AM #494
      So my first impressions about BF3. (xbox)
      are the graphics going to be this crappy in the real game? or is the purpose of Beta is to test server stuff. because i was not impressed with the beta really it was just about all the same but with a new map..
      it kinda makes me wish i had a PC!

Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      09-28-2011 10:39 AM #495
      Quote Originally Posted by BostonDub View Post
      So my first impressions about BF3. (xbox)
      are the graphics going to be this crappy in the real game? or is the purpose of Beta is to test server stuff. because i was not impressed with the beta really it was just about all the same but with a new map..
      it kinda makes me wish i had a PC!

On PC I can set graphics to 'Ultra' setting. the beta alone for the two maps was almost a 4gb download, the full game is supposed to be around 20gb. I image for space purposes on the Xbox they only have it set to media settings and are more concerned with playability issues for beta.

The videos I posted about are at medium settings (PC). I'll record a 'Ultra' settings demo tonight for comparison. i'm sure just as with BF2 and MoH beta/alpha these issues will be resolved and the graphics will look better and have fewer shutters/clitches. Just give it time and make sure to give feedback on the BF beta block

Steam VTMTK_Vendetta

6. 09-28-2011 11:05 AM #496
      Quote Originally Posted by m.boyer20ae View Post
      On PC I can set graphics to 'Ultra' setting. the beta alone for the two maps was almost a 4gb download, the full game is supposed to be around 20gb. I image for space purposes on the Xbox they only have it set to media settings and are more concerned with playability issues for beta.

The videos I posted about are at medium settings (PC). I'll record a 'Ultra' settings demo tonight for comparison. i'm sure just as with BF2 and MoH beta/alpha these issues will be resolved and the graphics will look better and have fewer shutters/clitches. Just give it time and make sure to give feedback on the BF beta block
      So what you are saying Boyer is that the graphics on the Xbox will look much better than they do in the beta?? To be honest I've seen some video of the game on the PS3 & Xbox and the graphics really don't look all that hot. I really hope once the game comes out that gets fixed. Besides gameplay I'm sure a lot of people here are very interested in the game because of the graphics that BF has shown us, it's pure eye candy.

7. 09-28-2011 11:32 AM #497
      Got a few good hours in with the BETA yesterday (xbox) and i think it has potential t be an awesome, addicting game.
      The map transtions are fantastic. the second set of objectives, thetranstion really changes your style of play,then when running ouside for he lat set, the lighting makes it fantastic.
      The maps are HUGE, almost TOO big (for consol size games)
      The mechanics feel decent, there are still a few glitches they need to iron out, i noiced peple falling under the map, also it seems like after running, then jumping to try running again you need to come to a complete stop and start running again.
      I've always perferred BF or CoD so i might be biased, but i think it's looking good.
      Classes are a little odd, but that'll come with time. If they ARE going to include spotting, it needs to be...possible.

8. 09-28-2011 11:33 AM #498
      looks, plays, and feels like an upgraded BFBC2

not a bad thing but the beta felt like i have played this before

then again it was a huge map with only about 6 people running around - spent more time just trying to find the action then actually shooting

will load it up again tonight and see
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

09-28-2011 01:01 PM #499
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      So what you are saying Boyer is that the graphics on the Xbox will look much better than they do in the beta?? To be honest I've seen some video of the game on the PS3 & Xbox and the graphics really don't look all that hot. I really hope once the game comes out that gets fixed. Besides gameplay I'm sure a lot of people here are very interested in the game because of the graphics that BF has shown us, it's pure eye candy.
      Buy a PC if you're that concerned with "eye candy" -- I'm almost certain that the graphics will be improved in the full version vs what you're seeing in the beta but don't expect it to ever be as good as the PC videos they've been showing. That's just not going to happen.
      PSN:Jae304

09-28-2011 01:04 PM #500
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      looks, plays, and feels like an upgraded BFBC2

not a bad thing but the beta felt like i have played this before

then again it was a huge map with only about 6 people running around - spent more time just trying to find the action then actually shooting

will load it up again tonight and see
      To me it felt like a mix of MoH and BFBC2. It's definitely different but still incredibly familiar.
      PSN:Jae304

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      09-28-2011 01:49 PM #501
      I don't have super-high expectations for the console version graphics, i just want it to have awesome gameplay.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

09-28-2011 02:02 PM #502
      I agree so much with the others, I feel like I've played this game before. I'm hesitant to get this game after playing about 3 hours. Might change my reserve to Ace Combat or the dreaded MW3.

Here are some things that need fixed:
      -Sound goes out periodically. I have went in and set my audio preference to headphones as I play on Astro's, and it still goes out 2-3 times/match.
      -Couldn't get a game if I partied up with friends. Go solo, and you jumped right into a match.
      -Spotting rarely worked
      -They need to fix if your own teammates aim a laser sight/flashlight in your face it shouldn't affect you, only the enemy. I know this is simulated battle, but my teammates were doing it on purpose last night and it was really pissing me off.
      -EVERYONE LIES PRONE ON DEFENSE. Killcam after killcam I'd get picked off by someone laying against a rock in the grass. or HALF THERE DAMN BODY WAS IMBEDDED INTO A ROCK!!!

[steps off soapbox]

I'll judge it more once I can get more friends in the matches with me, but playing solo with teammates who don't know what the hell they are doing has ruined this game day 1.
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

13. 09-28-2011 02:07 PM #503
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      I don't have super-high expectations for the console version graphics, i just want it to have awesome gameplay.
      it has that
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit
      09-28-2011 02:09 PM #504
      Quote Originally Posted by VWBoraDriver View Post
      I agree so much with the others, I feel like I've played this game before. I'm hesitant to get this game after playing about 3 hours. Might change my reserve to Ace Combat or the dreaded MW3.

-Sound goes out periodically. I have went in and set my audio preference to headphones as I play on Astro's, and it still goes out 2-3 times/match.
      -Couldn't get a game if I partied up with friends. Go solo, and you jumped right into a match.
      -Spotting rarely worked
      -They need to fix if your own teammates aim a laser sight/flashlight in your face it shouldn't affect you, only the enemy. I know this is simulated battle, but my teammates were doing it on purpose last night and it was really pissing me off.
      -EVERYONE LIES PRONE ON DEFENSE. Killcam after killcam I'd get picked off by someone laying against a rock in the grass. or HALF THERE DAMN BODY WAS IMBEDDED INTO A ROCK!!!

[steps off soapbox]

I'll judge it more once I can get more friends in the matches with me, but playing solo with teammates who don't know what the hell they are doing has ruined this game day 1.
      wow, glad I haven't made up my mind yet. I'll give the beta a try tomorrow when it's released, but so far it's sounding like GOW3 for a while, and maybe MW3 after that. maybe. GOW3 just has me so pleased!
      Add me on Steam! - KingJester85
      Currently Playing:
      Minecraft, Civ5

09-28-2011 02:12 PM #505

well i am sure you rather have them come sprinting straight at you spray&praying/noobtubing ala COD

09-28-2011 02:13 PM #506
      Quote Originally Posted by a3lad View Post

well i am sure you rather have them come sprinting straight at you spray&praying/noobtubing ala COD
      No prone. It worked in BFBC2 smartass.

09-28-2011 02:18 PM #507
      no prone = lots of people would be whining like when BFBC2 came out

i mean, on defense you hide the best you can and wait for the offense to come at you (bro)

are you saying there is no way at all to see them before you get killed if they are proned?

09-28-2011 02:28 PM #508

i mean, on defense you hide the best you can and wait for the offense to come at you (bro)

are you saying there is no way at all to see them before you get killed if they are proned?
      Not if there embedded into a rock or the freaking ground (bro).

19. 09-28-2011 02:29 PM #509

this game will irritate the casual COD fan - i feel its more realistic and its not easy to see the enemy (like it should be) when they are defending the bomb site
      Boiler Up!

20. 09-28-2011 03:08 PM #510
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      I was impressed (graphically) with BC2 on the XBOX, and this looks like it will improve on that standard. Gameplay-wise, if it improves on BC2 (which I had no problems with) it will be great.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      09-28-2011 03:15 PM #511
      I agree so much with the others, I feel like I've played this game before.
      this is how i feel with EVERY COD game after COD4. "Oh, i see they still have that same set-piece/texture/sound effect/model from COD4 in WAW/MW2/BLOPS/MW3" The COD series feels like a business experimentation with how to spend as little as possible on developing a game while still raking in record shattering profits. The game is well past it's "best if played by" date, imo.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      09-28-2011 03:19 PM #512

-Spotting rarely worked

[steps off soapbox]

all of those are beta issues that will more then likely get fixed before release.

BF2 had prone. BFBC2 didnt. it should have. it's more realistic. and there are a lot of graphic issues that will be addressed by the time the game comes out.
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Ford Focus
      09-28-2011 03:35 PM #513
      Bunch of whiny b!tches up in here. haha
      XBL Gamertag: New Era Vince

Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      09-28-2011 04:15 PM #514
      did anyone else get blinded by snipers scope glare whos backs were to the sun or we under a dark bridge, something I think needs to be addressed too. I somewhat agree with the prone issue stated above, but its something that needs to be in the game, and those people who spend the whole round laying on one rock will learn when they get a mortar strike dropped on them.

Steam VTMTK_Vendetta

25. 09-28-2011 04:17 PM #515
      I can't wait to play the beta. I just really hope the graphics are up to par with the likes of MW. I have to admit I'm a graphic whore , and love my games to look good. Don't get me wrong I want good gameplay as well, but if it has good gameplay and mediocre graphics, I lose interest fast.

Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      09-28-2011 04:40 PM #516
      Quote Originally Posted by evojetta View Post
      i can't wait to play the beta. I just really hope the graphics are up to par with the likes of mw. I have to admit i'm a graphic whore :d, and love my games to look good. Don't get me wrong i want good gameplay as well, but if it has good gameplay and mediocre graphics, i lose interest fast.
      this x 2:
      Quote Originally Posted by 20vt*j4 View Post
      buy a pc if you're that concerned with "eye candy" -- i'm almost certain that the graphics will be improved in the full version vs what you're seeing in the beta but don't expect it to ever be as good as the pc videos they've been showing. That's just not going to happen.

Steam VTMTK_Vendetta

27. 09-28-2011 06:27 PM #517
      Is the beta going to be available on xbox at midnight tonight or some other time tomorrow?

Vehicles
      '00 Jolf 1.8T, '02 Jetta 1.8T
      09-28-2011 07:04 PM #518
      |ScArE BeAr MafIa|Low.Life.Society|WetDub|726|XBOX GT:DrNotSoHorrible

Quote Originally Posted by UberDub18t
      Dash invented the double

Vehicles
      2014 F56 S, 2013 R55 JCW
      09-28-2011 10:49 PM #519
      PC Beta 'Ultra' video settings quick demo:

Steam VTMTK_Vendetta

09-28-2011 11:01 PM #520
      http://twitch.tv/bteamgaming

Caspian border PC beta play.

If it isn't live, click on past broadcast.

Vehicles
      1991 GTI 16v, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
      09-29-2011 03:14 AM #521
      Playing this game reminds me why I never really liked BF games.. Too spread out, too much running, jerky animations. Hopefully this is just beta, because MOH MP looks wayyy better than this. Probably due to smaller maps..

32. 09-29-2011 09:38 AM #522
      Quote Originally Posted by FiveAinOne View Post
      Playing this game reminds me why I never really liked BF games.. Too spread out, too much running, jerky animations. Hopefully this is just beta, because MOH MP looks wayyy better than this. Probably due to smaller maps..
      That's because BF2 is vehicle centric. However I've been playing "infantry only" servers for the past 3 years...some maps are better than others for boots on the ground, especially for 64 player maps, such as Karkand and Jalalabad.

Vehicles
      Nissan Pathfinder 4.0l. KTM 250 XC
      09-29-2011 10:42 AM #523
      Why would you want to do infantry only? Vehicles make these games what they are.
      Corrado: because I always wanted to get heckled by elitist pricks over the internet.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      09-29-2011 10:47 AM #524

LOL. Sounds like this is the game for me... tactical movement > running + Spray and pray... I HATE all the other games out there...

No prone. It worked in BFBC2 smartass.
      That would have driven me nuts if I was running a sniper setup on defense.
      I don't know any sniper that doesn't go prone in most situations (and I actually know 1 real actual scout sniper and a few of his friends)

I loved finding a good hiding spot on the giant 64 player maps in BF2. In Battlefield games, it's not 'camping' it's called being a ****ing sniper... This is how war is. snipers sit in the dark and kill a lot of good soldiers before they're found. At least with this game, you can now fire a rocket at a building and destroy their perch.

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      this game will irritate the casual COD fan - i feel its more realistic and its not easy to see the enemy (like it should be) when they are defending the bomb site
      This statement makes me want it even more.

I think I will get it on PC. Just waiting to get my new monitors home.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      09-29-2011 10:56 AM #525
      Quote Originally Posted by 02GTIFREESKIER View Post
      Why would you want to do infantry only? Vehicles make these games what they are.
      I never got it either, but sometimes I did feel like not getting raped by planes on some maps

Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast