Vehicles
      8V, 16V, 20V, 30V
      03-06-2011 01:47 AM #73

Going to be primarily for PC. DX11 FTW.

Vehicles
      01 GLS / 08 Rabbit / 89 Coupe
      03-07-2011 12:32 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by hugoaswho View Post
      meh...2014 and they are on Iraq/Iran border because of chem weapons site? really? could've come up with something more original...most chem weapons have been destroyed by Saddam and us during the occupation.. *BLAH BLAH BLAH MORE WORTHLESS DRIVEL*
      GTFO. Core BF games have never been about the "story".

Vehicles
      1983 mk1 gti, 1996 Jetta 2.0 sold , 2008 350z
      03-07-2011 10:02 PM #75
      I'm gonna post some of my videos from my quick sniping days on bf2 when I get on a comp. I'm the guy you hated project reality was by far the best mod I've played for bf2, anyone agree?

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      03-07-2011 10:33 PM #76
      definitely going to have to pick this one up
      THE CBOX KREW
      There's always time for a GI Joe orgy

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      03-07-2011 11:12 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by jaysvw View Post
      GTFO. Core BF games have never been about the "story".

lol did 1942-bf2142 even have a single player campaign? if they did, i didn't touch it
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      00' BMW 528i
      03-08-2011 10:10 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by oneslowjetta View Post
      I'm gonna post some of my videos from my quick sniping days on bf2 when I get on a comp. I'm the guy you hated project reality was by far the best mod I've played for bf2, anyone agree?
      Project Reality was awesome!

Can't wait for BF3. It looks awesome so far. I hope the multiplayer builds on the greatness that was BF2.

Erik

Vehicles
      1983 mk1 gti, 1996 Jetta 2.0 sold , 2008 350z
      03-08-2011 10:41 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by ErikGTI View Post
      Project Reality was awesome!

Can't wait for BF3. It looks awesome so far. I hope the multiplayer builds on the greatness that was BF2.

Erik
      I agree with ya all the way.. Im sure it will be great, I've always enjoyed the battlefield games and have been my favorite fps by far from any shooter.. I'm stoked for bf3 to come out, been waiting a very long time

10. 03-09-2011 12:45 PM #80
      I have to admit... I knew a lot about the project reality mod but... I never tried it

11. 03-09-2011 12:53 PM #81
      Holy moly!!!! This game looks f**kin awesome!! When is it coming out?

12. 03-09-2011 12:58 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by evojetta View Post
      holy moly!!!! This game looks f**kin awesome!! When is it coming out?
      q4 2011..

13. 03-09-2011 01:05 PM #83
      Damn it! I thought it was this month...........

14. 03-09-2011 01:17 PM #84
      nope don't upgrade your pc just yet

15. 03-09-2011 01:20 PM #85
      Wait! It's only for PC?

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      03-09-2011 01:23 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Wait! It's only for PC?
      it's only going to look that good on a PC. The 8 year old hardware of the 360/PS3 just isn't going to compare to full DX11 support

17. 03-09-2011 01:44 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      it's only going to look that good on a PC. The 8 year old hardware of the 360/PS3 just isn't going to compare to full DX11 support
      WAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Hey Wilder, sorry about the other day on PS3. I logged off and totally forgot about you. Next time you see me online hit me up so I can put you to shame on GT5.
      Last edited by EvoJetta; 03-09-2011 at 02:18 PM.

18. 03-09-2011 01:52 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Wait! It's only for PC?
      Oh no sorry.. I forget that people play FPS on consoles

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      03-09-2011 02:17 PM #89
      I sit in front of a computer all day. My desire to game on a PC has dwindled to just about nothing.

It may not look as pretty, but as long as the core gameplay is there, I can overlook the reduction in graphics for the comfort of the couch and not having to hear my wife asking why I'm tucked away in the office.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

20. 03-09-2011 02:39 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      Oh no sorry.. I forget that people play FPS on consoles

Hells yeah! I left PC gaming a while back.

21. 03-09-2011 02:48 PM #91
      consoles just don't make sense to me for FPS and RTS.. by that I mean the controls are wack and detract from gameplay and therefore fun factor.. personal preference.

22. Banned
      03-09-2011 03:33 PM #92
      You guys are really getting your panties wet over this video?

It will never look that good, it's just a way for EA to get lots of attention.

Just like Crysis 2 and most other games EA made past # of years...chances are it will be a disappointment.

Vehicles
      03-09-2011 03:35 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubChaos View Post
      You guys are really getting your panties wet over this video?

It will never look that good, it's just a way for EA to get lots of attention.

Just like Crysis 2 and most other games EA made past # of years...chances are it will be a disappointment.
      Agreed.

Unless this is more BF2 than BC2, I'm not holding out much hope for it.

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      03-09-2011 06:44 PM #94
      Those graphics don't even look particularly ground-breaking. You've got basically some tunnels with some dudes (clearly NPCs) are running down, followed by a ludicrously point-blank firefight against AI which, from what I can tell, pose almost no threat to the player.

Even BF2 had maps that ranged into dozens of square kilometers. Who cares about SP in a BF game, too. This game is seriously just BC3, f*ck you EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bains View Post
      as long as they have a COMMANDER system it'll be no different then bf2.
      No commander system, FYI. The artillery, ammo, etc. drops will all be available as some combination of "perks" or unlocks and special squad-leader abilities.

No mods may not matter to you and a lot of other people, but I consider it a standard function of PC games - one that big developers are completely ignoring in favor of pushing their own product as if they really have to compete with user-made content, anyway.

From what I can tell, nothing groundbreaking either in graphics or gameplay.

I hate to just come in here and sh*t all over a game that people will definitely enjoy but, seriously, they're creating expectations for things that just aren't going to be in the game when you read the details available in developer interviews, etc.
      Last edited by Big Morgan; 03-09-2011 at 07:01 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
      Apparently, these “frat-boys” think Craig’s List is more entertaining than Survivor.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      03-09-2011 09:14 PM #95
      ^ What he said

I mean, don't get me wrong, the game looks beautiful. Maybe it's just that I'm getting tired of the same old thing when it comes to FPS games anymore. Gee, watch a cut scene and then go through a player experienced cut scene (i.e. the briefing), follow some guys to a way point, engage in quick firefight with bad guys that may or may not infinitely respawn, and then repeat.

As for multiplayer - the Battlefield series always burned me out faster than the Call of Duty series did. Larger maps are nice, but not when I have to run for 10 or 15 minutes to catch up to where everyone is at because (A) there are no vehicles that have respawned for me to use to get to the action faster or (B) all of my fellow players are dead and I can't spawn with them to speed up the process either. Add in the all too common factor of everyone playing sniper killing me from a game mile away and the fact that I can't kill a guy standing right in front of me with a tank blast (you've all been there - I can drive a rapid fire tank and take out a few walls, but I can't take out the guy behind the wall or the guy standing a foot away from the blast) and I just get frustrated. Not saying it's a bad game (because it's not), the series just didn't ever really do anything for me. This one doesn't look to be any different. And before y'all say anything, I'm not saying the Call of Duty series is perfect either

26. 03-10-2011 01:09 AM #96
      Can't wait for this game, the trailers look amazing. Also can't wait for the eventual mods, I would love to see a WW2 mod using the destructible environments!

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      03-10-2011 10:08 AM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      ^ What he said

I mean, don't get me wrong, the game looks beautiful. Maybe it's just that I'm getting tired of the same old thing when it comes to FPS games anymore. Gee, watch a cut scene and then go through a player experienced cut scene (i.e. the briefing), follow some guys to a way point, engage in quick firefight with bad guys that may or may not infinitely respawn, and then repeat.

As for multiplayer - the Battlefield series always burned me out faster than the Call of Duty series did. Larger maps are nice, but not when I have to run for 10 or 15 minutes to catch up to where everyone is at because (A) there are no vehicles that have respawned for me to use to get to the action faster or (B) all of my fellow players are dead and I can't spawn with them to speed up the process either. Add in the all too common factor of everyone playing sniper killing me from a game mile away and the fact that I can't kill a guy standing right in front of me with a tank blast (you've all been there - I can drive a rapid fire tank and take out a few walls, but I can't take out the guy behind the wall or the guy standing a foot away from the blast) and I just get frustrated. Not saying it's a bad game (because it's not), the series just didn't ever really do anything for me. This one doesn't look to be any different. And before y'all say anything, I'm not saying the Call of Duty series is perfect either
      Tanks are a point of frustration: so powerful against vehicles, nearly useless against infantry, with the main gun that is.

I kind of understand their design decision because they didn't want to make a tank game and want people to play all roles (infantry, vehicle drivers, gunners, etc.), but the explosives have really weak blast radii because of this.

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      03-10-2011 10:27 AM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by stuka86 View Post
      I would love to see a WW2 mod using the destructible environments!

Exactly.

Well, guess what? EA and DICE have already said no to this.
      Apparently, these “frat-boys” think Craig’s List is more entertaining than Survivor.

29. 03-10-2011 10:49 AM #99
      Tanks are a point of frustration: so powerful against vehicles, nearly useless against infantry, with the main gun that is.
      You're talking about the cannon right? How often in real life do you see a tank taking pot shots at a guy running across a field?

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      03-10-2011 10:58 AM #100
      i've seen tanks do a lot of crazy ****. Saw a tank put a Sabot round through a toyota hilux full of guys with AK-47's. Should have used an HE round but the Sabot was already loaded.

I'm mostly talking about blowing up buildings with the main gun while the infantry is literally standing against the wall and not even receiving any damage in the game. If a he round goes off in a building, you don't want to be within 50 meters of it from all the debris and crap flying around.

But what the heck, i only did 5 1/2 years in the military, i'm sure some geek with a computer knows more about it than me

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      03-10-2011 11:02 AM #101
      i've seen tanks do a lot of crazy ****. Saw a tank put a Sabot round through a toyota hilux full of guys with AK-47's. Should have used an HE round but the Sabot was already loaded.
      I'm curious...

...did the Hilux still start?

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      03-10-2011 11:05 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Morgan View Post
      I'm curious...

...did the Hilux still start?
      I didn't check, i didn't want to see the mess inside

The hilux was doing 60-70 mph and the Sabot went right through it

This is a Sabot round:

It is basically a depleted uranium dart with no explosives, iirc. I think it would be cool to have a few ammunition types available to Tanks. HE for buildings, soft targets, etc. Sabot for tank vs tank. It could add a bit of strategy to the tank aspect of the game.

Vehicles
      82 Rabbit 1.8L, 84 Rabbit GTI 20vBT Swap, 86 Audi 4000Q, 96 Audi A4Q V6, 02 Audi A4 1.8T
      03-10-2011 11:22 AM #103
      Ever since BFBC1 I was sold on this game. I loved BFBC2 and havent played the Vietnam yet. But it looked good. I have never been big into COD, I definitely will be buying the BFBC3!
      What is something you learned last year that you are going to do differently this year?

Vehicles
      03-10-2011 11:23 AM #104

I'm mostly talking about blowing up buildings with the main gun while the infantry is literally standing against the wall and not even receiving any damage in the game. If a he round goes off in a building, you don't want to be within 50 meters of it from all the debris and crap flying around.

But what the heck, i only did 5 1/2 years in the military, i'm sure some geek with a computer knows more about it than me
      Going to have to agree with you on this.

Nothing irked me more than rolling down the road in a tank, blasting the **** out of a building and the enemy guys just running around in front of me like nothing was happening.

However, given a decent player in the gunner seat of a tank, you could pretty much wreck havoc. This was obviously the idea and was done to generate teamwork.

Vehicles
      2007 Passat Wagon VR6
      03-10-2011 11:25 AM #105
      I didn't check, i didn't want to see the mess inside
      Can't imagine. Was just making a reference to Top Gear.

Do you still play Arma 2? Or did I confuse you with someone else?

If you do we should play some time. The other night I defeated another player in a Cobra helicopter using a sabot round.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast