VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

NeedingAnAudi's cool thread name Thread

187K views 1K replies 112 participants last post by  jdelima87 
#1 ·
I'm sure a lot of you guys already know me or know of me. It seems the B5 section here is much more happenin than on AZ.

Anyways I'll just get right to the timeline.

Sept. 18th 09

Bought my A4 - 99.5 1.8TQM Black on Black Half-sport Winter Package

Nov. 09
Living in Wyoming for school

I also was able to drive up Pikes Peak :)

See less See more
#37 ·
haha thanks

hmmm that is crazy but there might be some method to your madness! please elaborate ;)
I can't explain madness it just happens. lol but seriously, the v6 was in the way of mocking up my tucking, so out it went.

looks like ur locking pump took a **** huh.. lol

you are a true parking lot gearhead.. :thumbup:
At this point, I think I've had gone through everything in the book, everything, and I mean everything has taken a ****.

#38 ·
Well since the engins is now out, I was able to mock up all the brake lines. I will make the real ones soon. To anyone who is thinking about doing this, try to pick up some single strand wire, it bends great, you can shape it to whatever, and its close to the same diameter as brake lines.

#43 ·
Been driving 120 miles about 3 times a week for a while now, working on Strictly Pleasure's Top Secret Project. Messed up my jack getting the car back on the ground, but oh wells.

And the project, hellamadtyterusted 240.

And yes, the front bumper is a finger width off the ground, and yes, that curb right next to the car is his driveway entrance.

Sticker for my crew :D

#48 ·
I just had to have sport seats.....

So this past weekend I decided to take a little trip with my two best friends. Well, actually I needed co-drivers because I'm selfish :laugh:. Anyways, we made the trip from Chicago to D.C. to Chicago in 25 hours. On the way back I was very sub-23" gtf, I would guess 22.5, and no skid plate :eek: lol. Here's some pics:

Pennsylvania at midnight

Wicked tunnel, must have been at least a mile long

My buddies first stick shift

Pennsylvania Sunrise in mountain-ish area

The goods :p

Found this picture on my camera when I went through the pictures. Check out that side burn [cool]

And of course, what's a good road trip without a semi half burnt??

#49 ·
I know those roads very well. That's probably the sommerset tunnel you went through. Did you get off of 76 in Breezewood? That place has like every fat food restaurant ever, and it's got a weird feeling to it.

In breezewood/ nearby there are 3 abandoned tunnels that used to be part of the turnpike. The one is leased by a race team who tests their NASCAR car there for coast down...

Anyways hope you enjoyed your trip! I may be coming out to chicago by the end of the summer with my car. My uncle lives in Western Springs, is that close to you at all?

#50 ·
Pretty sure we got off at breezewood, We got off the turnpike, drove on a regular street for one block, and got onto whatev its called highway.

Western Springs is very close to me actually, 15-20 minutes away, have you ever been? The town to the west is the richest area in Chicagoland (hinsdale).

#52 ·
Put them in and took em for a spin tonight. OH. MY. GOD. These combined with my coilovers have made my car an incredible joy to drive. I only have one complaint, and that's that they are not black. But it's not enough to make me pull them out.

Old Seat Removal, Interior cleaning, and sport seat install took about 1/2 hour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.