Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 3439

    Thread: mfbmike's .:R32

    1. Member G60 dude's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 3rd, 2001
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      2,745
      02-08-2011 05:50 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
      Some are waiting until mileage is closer to 40K to save on the recommended 40K mile DSG fluid and fliter chage. Seems that most dealers are charging between free and $100 for the filter change, which is not included in the recall (just all the fluid). Whatever it costs, it is a bargain.

      I had mine done at around 30K miles, and I had minor issues with the 2-1 downshift and the herky-jerkies on hills at slow speeds both in S and D mode. All fixed with the recall.

      I had the recall done early to prevent clutch pack wear even though the transmission is covered for 100,000 miles or 10 years. (I have no proof that delaying the recall has anything to do with clutch pack wear, but I will take no chances) But I keep cars longer than that. I also will make my own tool for the DSG fluid change in the future, since I have two DSG VWs.
      Just had my mechatronics recall work done today. Car shifts like it is new again. Funny thing is, or not so funny, not sure if its because I only have 25K on it or what, but they did not change the filter nor did they ask if I wanted it changed, even at a price. Basically I went to pick it up and they said see ya at 40K. Anyways welcome to the forum. You'll definitely enjoy your new ride.
      Daily: '08 R32 -- Wifes: '08 Audi A3 -- Sunny Days: '90 Corrado

    2. Member gottiR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 24th, 2008
      Location
      Bloomingdale IL
      Posts
      2,469
      Vehicles
      Previous cars are listed on Wikipedia...
      02-08-2011 05:51 PM #27
      Congrats and welcome...don't be a newb, use the search button...clear side markers are dope..that is all...
      .:R32 #1828 DBP H&R Sports H&R RSB other tid bits...
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus20 View Post
      U da damn police, bet u got a fake badge damn mall cop to entirely VW
      Quote Originally Posted by xalfa View Post
      Dumb lurker would probably be appropriate for me, but I'm going to go with "gotti flame bitch"
      http://www.performanceleds.com/

    3. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-08-2011 06:01 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      I haven't seen many people with the HPA intake here at all..as its relatively new..

      have you looked into the Modshack unit? Id go this route if I was starting over.

      I would not count on any concrete power increases with an intake on this car.. paired with an exhauast and ECU flash sure.. but alone.. its sound is the draw, and the power difference is minimal

      Really? I wasn't overly impressed with the modshack for some reason. Not sure why. Why would you go that route?

      Eventually I plan to add a borla exhaust and ecu/flash. I know youtube videos probably aren't the best way to judge but the HPA seemed to sound nicer than the EVOMS. Didn't see any videos of the modshack unit. The build of it just didn't appeal to me although I'm curious (intrigued) as to why people like it.

      Quote Originally Posted by G60 dude View Post
      Just had my mechatronics recall work done today. Car shifts like it is new again. Funny thing is, or not so funny, not sure if its because I only have 25K on it or what, but they did not change the filter nor did they ask if I wanted it changed, even at a price. Basically I went to pick it up and they said see ya at 40K. Anyways welcome to the forum. You'll definitely enjoy your new ride.
      I've had it for two weeks now and enjoy it more and more each day.

      I guess I got lucky, with the car going through VW's certified pre-owned process, all the recall work was done prior to me purchasing the car.



      Thanks for the warm welcome bud.

      Quote Originally Posted by gottiR32 View Post
      Congrats and welcome...don't be a newb, use the search button...clear side markers are dope..that is all...
      Heard.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    4. Member gottiR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 24th, 2008
      Location
      Bloomingdale IL
      Posts
      2,469
      Vehicles
      Previous cars are listed on Wikipedia...
      02-08-2011 06:04 PM #29
      ^
      .:R32 #1828 DBP H&R Sports H&R RSB other tid bits...
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus20 View Post
      U da damn police, bet u got a fake badge damn mall cop to entirely VW
      Quote Originally Posted by xalfa View Post
      Dumb lurker would probably be appropriate for me, but I'm going to go with "gotti flame bitch"
      http://www.performanceleds.com/

    5. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-08-2011 06:16 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by gottiR32 View Post
      ^
      The clears actually look very nice on a CW. I was worried they might not but damn
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    6. Member gottiR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 24th, 2008
      Location
      Bloomingdale IL
      Posts
      2,469
      Vehicles
      Previous cars are listed on Wikipedia...
      02-08-2011 06:17 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      The clears actually look very nice on a CW. I was worried they might not but damn
      I have em on my DBP, i like the look, and that's what it's about...what you the owner of the .:R likes...
      .:R32 #1828 DBP H&R Sports H&R RSB other tid bits...
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus20 View Post
      U da damn police, bet u got a fake badge damn mall cop to entirely VW
      Quote Originally Posted by xalfa View Post
      Dumb lurker would probably be appropriate for me, but I'm going to go with "gotti flame bitch"
      http://www.performanceleds.com/

    7. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,686
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      02-08-2011 08:27 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      The clears actually look very nice on a CW. I was worried they might not but damn
      Heck ya they do!


      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Underwraps Automotive

    8. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-08-2011 08:31 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Saabstory02 View Post
      Heck ya they do!




      I love how we're having a convo on two different forums. Funnier how I may go with an EVOMS VFlow and clear sidemarkers on a CW R like you too.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    9. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,686
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      02-08-2011 09:07 PM #34
      If you plastidip a holeless grill; I'll have to come looking for you...
      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Underwraps Automotive

    10. Member Ikey3125's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2008
      Location
      Fairchild AFB/Spokane WA
      Posts
      4,846
      Vehicles
      08 .:R 2763/5000
      02-08-2011 10:33 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      HPA seems like the better choice based on the reading I've done so far. The power increases seem to be more concrete as well as opposed to people just "feeling" an increase in power with the EVOMS.
      EVOMS has the dyno that shows the power gains

    11. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,686
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      02-09-2011 09:05 AM #36


      Like I said on your other thread bud; don't put too much store in the "claimed" gains. All intakes will be pretty similar for that
      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Underwraps Automotive

    12. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,448
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      02-09-2011 09:17 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Really? I wasn't overly impressed with the modshack for some reason. Not sure why. Why would you go that route? well- I dont like to give HPA any more of my money than I need to. And the customer support kinda is lacking. Plus, its expensive and I would rather buy a used intake than deal with HPA. Im salty - sue me. Marcel if your reading this, tell Melanie to contact me .. k thanks.


      its only an intake and the gains will be minimal.. just enjoy the sound.

    13. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-09-2011 10:04 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Saabstory02 View Post


      Like I said on your other thread bud; don't put too much store in the "claimed" gains. All intakes will be pretty similar for that


      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      its only an intake and the gains will be minimal.. just enjoy the sound.


      Thanks guys. Going to go with the EVOMS CAI. Might order it within the next couple of weeks, if not sooner. lol.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    14. Member skaven-R32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 22nd, 2008
      Location
      Renton, WA
      Posts
      1,370
      Vehicles
      MkV DBP R32 #462
      02-09-2011 05:28 PM #39
      Welcome!

      I love my DBP, but CW is a close second fave.
      Quote Originally Posted by dubnick32 View Post
      That guy shouldn't own an R32. I bet he goes out dancing at least twice a week.

    15. Member R32Girly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2003
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      5,068
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI Autobahn
      02-10-2011 12:12 PM #40
      good meeting you yesterday!

    16. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,686
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      02-10-2011 12:21 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post


      Thanks guys. Going to go with the EVOMS CAI. Might order it within the next couple of weeks, if not sooner. lol.
      You can save a few bucks in interested: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ake&p=69921034
      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Underwraps Automotive

    17. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-10-2011 12:25 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Saabstory02 View Post
      You can save a few bucks in interested: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ake&p=69921034
      I saw that. He's in IL and wants local pickup only.

      Good looking out though.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    18. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,686
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      02-10-2011 12:44 PM #43
      oops, missed the local only part. aah well
      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Underwraps Automotive

    19. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-10-2011 01:58 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by R32Girly View Post
      good meeting you yesterday!
      It was nice meeting you lastnight as well.

      I might be heading out next Wednesday. Hoping to have that new Dynaudio amp installed by then.

      Assuming it actually arrives. lol.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    20. Member R32Girly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2003
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      5,068
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI Autobahn
      02-10-2011 02:04 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      It was nice meeting you lastnight as well.

      I might be heading out next Wednesday. Hoping to have that new Dynaudio amp installed by then.

      Assuming it actually arrives. lol.
      I was thinking about getting one, the system on the R sucks.

    21. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-10-2011 02:28 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Saabstory02 View Post
      oops, missed the local only part. aah well
      All good. Your boy Rdurty approached me about selling his.

      Quote Originally Posted by R32Girly View Post
      I was thinking about getting one, the system on the R sucks.
      lol, it's funny. When I first got in the R, I thought the audio setup was pretty good. Granted, I was in a car before that had a blown speaker.

      But the more I listen to it (and after ordering the Dynaudio and reading reviews on it), I can only think about how much it's lacking and how much better it could be. lol.

      If it arrives before next Wednesday and I can get it installed in time, I'll make sure you get a listen.

      Although, I should probably let you know that the part has been superceded and it's now back up to close to 800 dollars. lol.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    22. Member R32Girly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2003
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      5,068
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI Autobahn
      02-10-2011 02:42 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      All good. Your boy Rdurty approached me about selling his.



      lol, it's funny. When I first got in the R, I thought the audio setup was pretty good. Granted, I was in a car before that had a blown speaker.

      But the more I listen to it (and after ordering the Dynaudio and reading reviews on it), I can only think about how much it's lacking and how much better it could be. lol.

      If it arrives before next Wednesday and I can get it installed in time, I'll make sure you get a listen.

      Although, I should probably let you know that the part has been superceded and it's now back up to close to 800 dollars. lol.
      Wow! Oh well, my R is a lease so I'm not going to waste the money then. I have it for the remainder of this year and I return it next Feb. after all the recalls and such I think this will be my last VW I've already had three.

      I would def like to listen to it next time you can make it to the meet. Let's hope it makes a difference!

    23. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-10-2011 02:46 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by R32Girly View Post
      Wow! Oh well, my R is a lease so I only have for this year and I return it next Feb. after all the recalls and such I think this will be my last VW I've already had three.

      I would def like to listen to it next time you can make it to the meet. Let's hope it makes a difference!
      I remember you mentioning that lastnight. Understandable though, considering you've already had 3. At least what you have your eyes on is still coming out of Europe.

      My fingers are crossed. lol. Both that they honor the price I (and a bunch of other vortexers) purchased it at and that the difference is noticeable. Pfft, for 11 bucks any improvement is going to be worth it imo. lol.

      600 watt amp replacing a 300 watt amp, I'm pretty confident.
      Last edited by mfbmike; 02-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    24. Member R32Girly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2003
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      5,068
      Vehicles
      MK6 GLI Autobahn
      02-10-2011 02:56 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      I remember you mentioning that lastnight. Understandable though, considering you've already had 3. At least what you have your eyes on is still coming out of Europe.

      My fingers are crossed. lol. Both that they honor the price I (and a bunch of other vortexers) purchased it at and that the difference is noticeable. Pfft, for 11 bucks any improvement is going to be worth it imo. lol.

      600 watt amp replacing a 300 watt amp, I'm pretty confident. lol.

      i think i'm going to go back to volvo, i had an s40 t5 before the R, good car and no recalls.

      hell yeah, i agree i wish i knew about the offer for 11 bucks i would have bought it...they probably will honor it seeing as they will have a lot of pissed off customers if they don't.

      ...are you attending Wookies in the Woods?

    25. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,001
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E30 325i
      02-10-2011 03:10 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by R32Girly View Post
      i think i'm going to go back to volvo, i had an s40 t5 before the R, good car and no recalls.

      hell yeah, i agree i wish i knew about the offer for 11 bucks i would have bought it...they probably will honor it seeing as they will have a lot of pissed off customers if they don't.

      ...are you attending Wookies in the Woods?
      The XC60 R-Designs are pretty nice. I haven't taken a ride in a volvo since my Aunt had one when I was a lot younger.

      Wookies in the Woods? I'm new around here. You'd have to elaborate.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E30 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32

    Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •