Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1982 MK1 Rabbit Convertable Fuse Block Help

1. 02-07-2011 08:53 AM #1
      I am having fuse block problems. My windshield is leaking. I have no available voltage to the majority of my fuses. I do have voltage to 6-9 if I recall. So with that being said I will be installing a fuse block soon. This is my current method of repair, if I am still having problems, then wire poking shall begin. So....

What I am looking for is a picture of someones MK1 Rabbit Convertible fuse block with some kind of diagram of what is what. I have looked on alldata and of course mine looks just a bit different, though it could be correct. I have looked a the MK1 golf diagram on another forum(I can't remember the name), but again mine looks slightly different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If at all necessary I can post a picture of mine.

My rabbit has very few power options, but does have:
      -A/C
      -Rear Defroster
      -Radio

My car was swapped to carburetor.

Thanks guys!

2. Banned
      Vehicles
      84 coupe, 90 b3 td wagon, 81 coupe, BURNT TOAST
      02-07-2011 04:52 PM #2
      82 was the last year of ceramic fuses in german made vw.. aka cabbie and jetta.. in 83 they went to ce1..

so that fuse box set up is 75-82 german.. 81 westy is completly different and 83 is ce1 which is different then pa/westy and what you got..

bad news is the new fuse box like you will require is more then $200...

so i suggest a ce2 swap.. this is 88+ german/mexican.. be carefull some 88 westy golf is still odd ball.. but stick to jetta nd life good..

ce2 will allow simple engine swaps.. its used till 99.5 aaka mk4.. so vr6/1.8t/16v/tdi so on are direct plug in..

3. 02-07-2011 06:13 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by crsmp5 View Post
      82 was the last year of ceramic fuses in german made vw.. aka cabbie and jetta.. in 83 they went to ce1..

so that fuse box set up is 75-82 german.. 81 westy is completly different and 83 is ce1 which is different then pa/westy and what you got..

bad news is the new fuse box like you will require is more then $200...

so i suggest a ce2 swap.. this is 88+ german/mexican.. be carefull some 88 westy golf is still odd ball.. but stick to jetta nd life good..

ce2 will allow simple engine swaps.. its used till 99.5 aaka mk4.. so vr6/1.8t/16v/tdi so on are direct plug in..
      Is the ce2 a direct plug in for my stock harness?