Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Routan Dead Pedal (Foot Rest)

1. Member
      Vehicles
      58 Ragtop Bug, 2005 Passat Wagon, 2010 Routan SEL
      03-09-2011 12:31 AM #36
      Some of your guys have PM in your in box, please reply.

As much as I LOVE(note the sarchasim) the post office, I'll need to quote each shipment individually. Flat rate (If it fits, Its SUCKS) is like $10.90----That's just ridiculous to me, so I am going to clog the post office for a while to get each address priced out Sorry if any of you guys work for the postal service.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      03-10-2011 09:08 PM #37
      Good news is I have the dead pedals, trying to get them packed up to get postage quoted from the Post Office tomorrow. When I have that done keep an eye on your notifications for a PM.

Now for the bad news, they only got me 10 not 20, and I have orders for 11. I will have the next 10 early next week and will be able to ship the 11th one next week. I will be shipping in the order that I received the PM's just to keep it fair. The earlier list I posted is not in order. I do apologize for the delay. When I got the parts quoted I had them quote me a quanity of 10 and 20. I got the better price at a 20 quanity, so I told them to make me 20. Somehow they only made 10 and will bang out the others as soon as possible.

On another note......the grain on all of yours is MUCH nicer than mine, after the next run I may have to retire the prototype!

Again, I do apologize for the screw up.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      03-11-2011 12:32 PM #38
      PM's have been sent!
      A few of you guys got an invoice thru paypal and a PM requesting payment, as long as you pay thats all that matters. I was trying to simplify the process by creating an invoice thru paypal but....... not everyone sent me their email address! Thru paypal it would be easy for me to track who paid and who didn't. As soon as I get payment I will ship them out, I hope you all like the dead pedals, this was actually alot more work than expected. The design and manufacturing of the part was easy, it was the PM's and packaging that was the hard part. Each one of these was test fitted on our Routan (with stock mats and monster mats), you may or may not have to tweak your's to fit your van as I am sure there is some difference's in carpeting. I packaged them in brand new boxes ant they are in the bottom of the box hopefull packed well enough. Be careful when unpacking, they may feel oily, it is just stainless steel cleaner. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask, I want everyone to be satisfied with their purchase.

For installation:

Install the longer lip first while tilting the the short lip away from the carpet, then pull slightly towards the door and lay the pedal flat on the incline. The bottom of the dead pedal should be flush with the floor board where the incline starts. Lay your floor mat back down and your all set. The factory floor mats and the monster mast will cover the point where the pedal meets the floor.

Thanks a bunch guys!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      03-14-2011 03:22 PM #39
      Almost all have shipped out, a few payments are still pending. I should have the second batch of 10 in my hands tomorrow, and available to ship by Wednesday/Thursday.

5. 03-14-2011 06:25 PM #40
      I received my dead pedal today and I'm thrilled with it. Very nice work, a perfect blend of form and function. Henry Dreyfuss would approve. Thank you for your time and effort. Now if you could make us some SS door sill plates ...

6. Member
      Vehicles
      03-15-2011 12:23 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by napman41 View Post
      I received my dead pedal today and I'm thrilled with it. Very nice work, a perfect blend of form and function. Henry Dreyfuss would approve. Thank you for your time and effort. Now if you could make us some SS door sill plates ...

I thrilled that you like it and I hope everyone else does too!
      I like to work with stainless and aluminum. I have alot of resources that I can tap into to have things manufactured. VW already makes sill plates that are embossed with "ROUTAN" but they are like a polished stainless and just wouldn't look right next to the grained/brushed stainless steel. Let me kick the idea around a while and see what I can come up with. I'll hit the local bodyshop supply shop I deal with and see what they have in the way of 3M tapes for adhering the sill plates to the door jambs. I could probably even source laser etching too, if you wanted them to say anything. I have been looking around the van to see what else I can deck out in SS.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      Nocturne Black 2009 VW Routan SEL/RSE, Cinnamon 2010 Lincoln MKX AWD
      03-15-2011 08:48 AM #42
      How about a chrome [or polished stainless] overlay for the tailgate above the license plate. There's a suggestion of one moulded into the tailgate sheetmetal. I think it would look sharp if it was polished metal instead of painted. What say you, Mr. Kafer?

On another note, for all you present and former Bug and 912 Porsche owners and Mechanics - have you seen this youtube video? This is why Beetle Mechanics can only count to nine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA

8. Member
      Vehicles
      03-15-2011 10:36 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by cscsc View Post
      How about a chrome [or polished stainless] overlay for the tailgate above the license plate. There's a suggestion of one moulded into the tailgate sheetmetal. I think it would look sharp if it was polished metal instead of painted. What say you, Mr. Kafer?

On another note, for all you present and former Bug and 912 Porsche owners and Mechanics - have you seen this youtube video? This is why Beetle Mechanics can only count to nine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA
      I love that video, my dad sent me that a while ago. I guess I need to drive my bug a bit more, in 8 years I only put 1700 miles on my 58. Maybe my son will have to change the belt some day.

As far as the trim piece, are you thinking an over lay? Seems like a lot of work but..........now looking at it that would like nice having the brushed stainless going between the tail lights. I always like the Ford Flex Limited with that huge stainless looking rear gate. Have I mentioned before how much I like stainless????? Bad thing about that one is I'd need to make a die to press the bump on the trim panel or............just have it notched to go around the bump out?? Let me know what you think.

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Routan SE RSE,NAV and 2010 A4
      03-20-2011 06:42 PM #44
      Got mine installed... Awesome and great idea.

Thanks again!

10. Member
      Vehicles
      '95 Jetta GLX, '99 A4, '04 R32, '10 Routan SE
      03-22-2011 11:24 PM #45
      got it - thanks much!

Vehicles
      Current: '86 QSW, '87 GTi VR6, '09 Routan, '14 Passat TSi
      03-24-2011 03:08 PM #46
      Installed mine and love it. Going to add some non slip rubber on the surface

12. 03-24-2011 08:47 PM #47
      Got it and love it!!

13. Member
      Vehicles
      03-24-2011 10:38 PM #48
      Stoked to hear everyone is happy with them. I have been in talks with the sheetmeatl shop about the other projects. My "real" job is busy right now but I do have some stuff in the works for the sill plates and the rear trim piece between the tail lights. Give me some time.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      05-02-2011 12:18 PM #49
      TTT

Hey guys, just bringing this back to the top for some of the newer posters or some whom may have missed it before.

Here's the skinny: I've got 6 left, and I might not make anymore, so get em' while I got em'. Not one of the Chrysler/Dodge guys wanted any. If they don't roll here, I'm gonna put them on Ebay but will have to charge more. Price is still $21 plus shipping, as always I rather you guys/gals get a crack at them first. Be one of the 21 who got one!
      Last edited by 58kafer; 05-02-2011 at 01:22 PM.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Volkswagen Routan SE w RSE
      05-02-2011 02:05 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by 58kafer View Post
      TTT

Hey guys, just bringing this back to the top for some of the newer posters or some whom may have missed it before.

Here's the skinny: I've got 6 left, and I might not make anymore, so get em' while I got em'. Not one of the Chrysler/Dodge guys wanted any. If they don't roll here, I'm gonna put them on Ebay but will have to charge more. Price is still $21 plus shipping, as always I rather you guys/gals get a crack at them first. Be one of the 21 who got one!
      I'd be interested in one. Private message sent.

Thank you!

16. 05-04-2011 02:31 AM #51
      I'm also interested! Sent you a note.

Thanks!

17. 05-04-2011 01:30 PM #52
      I'd like one too! Sent you a PM.

18. 05-04-2011 09:24 PM #53
      Save one for me!!! sent you PM

19. Member
      Vehicles
      05-05-2011 10:46 AM #54
      ONLY ONE LEFT

Get it while it lasts, first PM in get's it. If more PM's roll in I may discuss making a smaller run with the sheetmetal shop but the price will be a few bucks higher since the quanity would be lower (set-up time).

20. Member
      Vehicles
      05-05-2011 03:57 PM #55
      SOLD OUT
      SOLD OUT
      SOLD OUT
      SOLD OUT
      SOLD OUT
      SOLD OUT

Thanks to all whom have bought them, as of now you are one of the 21. IF people still want one please PM me, when I get enough together (minimum of 5 people) I'll have more made, I'll also have to get them priced. I know 2 guys (one thru PM and one who posted) that never followed up on getting one so they are a potential 2 of the 5 I'd like to have before I order.

Once work slows down a bit I'll be looking into the sill plates and rear trim above the license plate.
      Last edited by 58kafer; 05-05-2011 at 04:55 PM.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf TDI w/Tech, 2011 VW Routan SEL Premium, 2005 Audi allroad, 2004 VW Jetta GLI
      05-09-2011 07:40 AM #56
      I evidently got the last Dead Pedal cover, and was pleasantly suprised at it's heft. I was somewhat reluctant to purchase it as I felt it would be light and flimsy, and it wouldn't work very well.

But after opening the package, here was this rather heavy (for aluminum), well made cover. It installed in seconds and really stays in place and does the job.

A great idea that was well executed. So if they are made again, I recommend it to all of you who are considering it. NICE job...Dan.

What an oversight on Chrysler's/VW's part not to have a factory unit made for this location; and an aluminum set with pedal covers as well as the dead pedal cover should have been available through the accessories catalog.

Vehicles
      '13 Touareg VR6, '12 Golf R,'12 LEAF, '08 smart
      05-09-2011 10:21 AM #57
      These look great -- hopefully you get another 4 requests as I'd like one as well

Sent PM

23. Member
      Vehicles
      05-09-2011 01:06 PM #58
      I'm glad you like it, I tend to go overboard when designing a part. It's actually Stainless Steel, I contemplated making them from aluminum, but didn't want to have to deal with plating the part to avoid corrosion from road salt in the winter. The stainless should not rust or corrode.

Thanks for the feedback, good and bad is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondaora20 View Post
      I evidently got the last Dead Pedal cover, and was pleasantly suprised at it's heft. I was somewhat reluctant to purchase it as I felt it would be light and flimsy, and it wouldn't work very well.

But after opening the package, here was this rather heavy (for aluminum), well made cover. It installed in seconds and really stays in place and does the job.

A great idea that was well executed. So if they are made again, I recommend it to all of you who are considering it. NICE job...Dan.

What an oversight on Chrysler's/VW's part not to have a factory unit made for this location; and an aluminum set with pedal covers as well as the dead pedal cover should have been available through the accessories catalog.

24. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Volkswagen Routan SE w RSE
      05-10-2011 12:03 AM #59
      Buy one - you will not be disappointed.

Well made, fits well, and protects an area that would quickly get ugly and dirty.

Buy one.

25. 05-10-2011 10:52 AM #60
      Received mine today ... excellent product. If there's another production run, you don't want to miss out! Thanks again.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      05-12-2011 01:11 AM #61
      First off, thanks to those whom have left the positive comments about the dead pedal quality, truly appereciated!!!!

Secondly, I have had a few PM's requesting a dead pedals I believe I have about 3/4 spoken for. I'm only having 10 made so that leaves me with 6/7 left again. If you are intersted PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PM me with the following info:

FULL name
      FULL street address
      EMAIL address
      HOW YOU ARE PAYING either PAYPAL or Check/Moneyorder.

I will send you an invoice thru paypal for the total with shipping. If your paying by Check or M/O I'll email you the total(NO RUBBER CHECKS, I get charged more for a rubber check than what I'm selling a dead pedal for!). I ship them priority mail, from east coast to west coast is just under 10 bucks. I haven't had one over $30. I don't jack the shipping, if some people have noticed I add delivery confirmation----at MY cost. At the end of the day this is a break even deal for me, I do it because I think that making something that no one else does is COOL.

The dead pedal is $21.00 with velcro, I'm no longer offering them without it. Once I debur them I wrap and box them and put them on my shelf, I don't want to worry about which ones have it and which ones don't.

Delivery to me is about 2 to 2-1/2 weeks, I should be able to ship in 3 weeks. I will not request money until I'm ready to ship. Typically I can ship the same day you pay me if it's not too late and I'm around (I travel for work).

PLEASE FOLLOW the above guidelines, I'm trying to streamline the process and don't want to play PM tag for all the info.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      05-20-2011 04:20 PM #62
      Dead pedals are in! I will be ready to ship on Monday. For those who have submitted their info I'll be getting the invoices sent to you via Paypal over the weekend. If anyone wants one please get me the following information:

FULL name
      FULL street address
      EMAIL address
      HOW YOU ARE PAYING either PAYPAL or Check/Moneyorder

Thanks again!

Vehicles
      Current: '86 QSW, '87 GTi VR6, '09 Routan, '14 Passat TSi
      05-23-2011 04:49 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by 58kafer View Post
      Dead pedals are in! I will be ready to ship on Monday. For those who have submitted their info I'll be getting the invoices sent to you via Paypal over the weekend. If anyone wants one please get me the following information:

FULL name
      FULL street address
      EMAIL address

Thanks again!
      This is a great product, everyone with a Routan needs one bump!

Vehicles
      '13 Touareg VR6, '12 Golf R,'12 LEAF, '08 smart
      05-27-2011 11:43 AM #64
      Thanks again to 58kafer ... nice craftsmanship, adds a bit of bling and its close to matching my '09's stainless steel trim, should work well keeping the carpet clean during the worst winter months. As there really isn't anything like this out there this was a welcome addition --- plus a really easy "install", just press into place.

Vehicles
      2009 Mercedes GL320 Bluetec, 2009 Mercedes B200
      05-31-2011 11:06 AM #65
      Finally got my 2011 Routan Highline last week. I'd like to have one of these. Would you consider selling and shipping to the Communist North (Canada) when you make your next batch?

Vehicles
      Harley 48
      05-31-2011 12:22 PM #66
      That's some good work right there.

I have a R32, but same deal basically. Dirt always gets caked under mine.

32. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 04 R32 / 02 337
      05-31-2011 03:22 PM #67
      ^ andrews getting a caravan.
      '85 Golf (SOLD) - '91 Jetta GL (SOLD) - '97 Jetta Trek (SOLD) - '99 Jetta Wolfsburg (SOLD) - '02 GTI 337 - '04 R32 (SOLD) - '04 R32 - '10 GTI Autobahn (SOLD) - '12 Golf R (SOLD) - '13 Tiguan SEL (SOLD) - '13 Golf R - '15 GTI Autobahn - '15 .........

33. Member
      Vehicles
      05-31-2011 04:30 PM #68
      Clowncar,

Glad you finally got it! I had a run of 12 has been made, only have 6 left already. You'll be the third export north of the border. PM me you info and I'll get you a shipping quote, no problem to our neighbors to the north, eh!

FULL name
      FULL street address
      EMAIL address

Thanks again guys for the postive feedback on the dead pedals.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      07-15-2011 01:40 PM #69
      Just giving this a bump up, just shipped out two more today. I have three left before I'm out again, so if anyone's interested just send me the info I requested in the thread previously. If I need to make more I will.

Vehicles
      2009 Mercedes GL320 Bluetec, 2009 Mercedes B200
      07-17-2011 11:37 PM #70
      Looking forward to getting mine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast