Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Pollen Filter (A/C Filter)

1. 02-11-2011 07:32 PM #1
      Does anyone know where to look to see if I have a pollen or a/c filter. I guess you could call it a cabin filter. I don't know if I have one. My vehicle is an SEL.

2. 02-12-2011 10:50 AM #2
      open bottom glove compartment,unclip it and you should have access. $40 filter

Vehicles
      2010 Routan Norge SE w/RSE
      02-20-2011 08:39 PM #3
      I checked for the filter in my SE, and I don't have one. Must be a SEL feature.

Vehicles
      Routan SEL 4.0 '09
      02-26-2011 02:44 PM #4
      Per Mile or what?
      COOL dub

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Nocturne Black 2009 VW Routan SEL/RSE, Cinnamon 2010 Lincoln MKX AWD
      02-26-2011 08:36 PM #5
      Change the Cabin Air Filter Annually - included in the VW free maintenance at 12K, 24K and 36K.

6. 02-28-2011 08:17 PM #6
      So what models came with the Cabin/Pollen Filter? The dealer said that my SEL does not have it. Is it only on the Premium?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      58 Ragtop Bug, 2005 Passat Wagon, 2010 Routan SEL
      03-01-2011 01:07 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Steveaut View Post
      So what models came with the Cabin/Pollen Filter? The dealer said that my SEL does not have it. Is it only on the Premium?
      All models with A/C, here's how to do it: If you want to see a pic of it it's right in the CD manual under "Owners Manual" then "Maintaining Your Vehicle", then "Maintenence Procedures", then "Air Conditioner Maintenence", scroll down and you will see a visual. I would call it a cabin filter (HEPA) not and air conditioning filter, your dealer may have been confused by the nomenclature. Pretty sure this is the mopar # 68042866AB.

Here it is:

Do not remove the A/C air filter while the blower is operating or personal injury may result.

The A/C air filter is located in the fresh air inlet behind the lower glove box. Perform the following procedure to replace the filter:

Open the glove compartment and remove all contents.
      Push in on the sides of the glove compartment and lower the door.
      Pivot the glove compartment downward.
      Disengage the two retaining tabs that secure the filter cover to the HVAC housing, and remove the cover.

A/C Air Filter Replacement

Remove the A/C air filter by pulling it straight out of the housing.
      Install the A/C air filter with the arrow on the filter pointing toward the floor. When installing the filter cover, make sure the retaining tabs fully engage the cover.
      Caution!
      The A/C air filter is labeled with an arrow to indicate airflow direction through the filter. Failure to properly install the filter will result in the need to replace it more often.

Rotate the glove compartment door back into position.

Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      04-30-2012 12:46 PM #8
      It appears that some trims DO NOT have a cabin filter. My '09 SE (With A/C) does not have one installed, which would explain the premature failure of the blower (dirt/dust/leaves built up causing it to start making noise). Just posting this for the benefit of future inquiries.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Passat, 09 Routan
      04-30-2012 11:41 PM #9
      Is there an ability to upgrade? My Routan doesn't have the pollen filter either.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      58 Ragtop Bug, 2005 Passat Wagon, 2010 Routan SEL
      05-01-2012 12:54 AM #10
      It looks as if to have the cabin filter you need the automatic climate control as in the SEL's and SEL Premiums. Way to much to upgrade. Before I though all the A/C equipped vans had it but I guess not. Our SEL has it and to be honest with you, I checked it before it was replaced it wasn't really dirty.
      1958 VW Ragtop Bug
      2005 VW Passat Wagon
      2010 VW Routan SEL

Be sure to check out the Original Routan Dead Pedal Click Here